Finals - Attainable Icon Challenge - 80s Sport Sedans

11 Days Remaining

With the release of the new update, a few things have changed.

• Toe limit removed.
  • Legacy bodies banned. Since not banning them from the start was an oversight, you can resubmit if you need.
  • Closing date extended to the 21st, reviews by the 28th. Many of the cars submitted to me were broken in the update, so please check yours and resubmit if it fell victim.
6 Likes

Swanson Automotive presents:
The Coke Brick 237 SPNX , now with 20% more brick!

320 hp ought to be enough for anybody.
With full time AWD, it’ll spank Famborghinis and Lamberraris in the summer, and leave them stranded in the winter. Power steering makes even less PAINful to drive.
It gulps some gas sure, but it’s Regular and there’s no more wars in the Middle East so it’s cheap again.

Seriously, stay in school don't do drugs

So long, folks

8 Likes

Here is my submission
1985 Hexen TTV6
Scary quick

8 Likes

(This is weird… A sports sedan competition based in the US and no v8 RWD things? Oh well, time to resolve that & probably fail to build something competitive in the process) :stuck_out_tongue:

1989 Vidar Dragoon - Americana
4.0L Special Edition

As a final salute to the Dragoon Americana, Vidar have released the 4.0L Special Edition.

Building upon the tried and tested Vidar “Bluefox” v8 engine, this new 4.0L variant is not shared with any other model. Vidar engineers have worked on each engine to relaibly provide over 220HP, which propells this sports sedan to a top speed of around 230km/h.

Putting this power to the pavement is a race-inspired 5 speed manual and LSD system, along with custom sports suspension.

The sporty yet well equipped interior and advanced safety features, such as ABS, will make sure that the whole family falls in love with your pride and joy.

Prices starting from $21,000. Quantity limited!

6 Likes

I was gonna do a late 80s version of a ninth gen Impala SS… so Transverse FWD V8.

2 Likes

I’m surprised the OP hasn’t been updated to reflect this - but the deadline extension was a necessary evil to accommodate any changes brought on by the latest update.

Yes, sorry. It slipped my mind since it’s novel writing month- I’ll update the OP now!

1 Like

In preparation for this, I made three test mules (a smaller FWD I4 sport compact, a larger RWD I6 mid-sizer, and a full-sized, rear-drive V8) - the FWD one turned out to be too slow, so now I’m torn between the other two. I actually evaluated two different V8s in the last mule (a 5.0L OHV unit and a 4.0L DOHC mill, both all-alloy) and can’t yet decide which one suits it best - but as things stand, I’ll choose the I6 mid-sized entry over either on account of how much lighter it is compared to the V8s.

Every now and then you’ll might come across the winding road… like this
The car you might need is the Pocono CD3000 ES!

Pocono CD 3000 (ES Package) - Fully Equipped

Now at Pocono Dealers!

The V6 powered CD3000 ES Package barrages with the technologies to your hands.
Digital Dash with Graphic Tachometer, 8 ways power seats, automatic seat belts, Anti-lock Brake System, Traction Control System, Adjustable Suspension now all standard!

The new Pocono CD3000 ES pushes your motion with fuel injected V6 200 horses strong, snapping from zero into “spectacular”.

Surging your motion with Pocono, at your Pocono Dealer

10 Likes

The 1989 Allen Vista

Equipped with a powerful 2.1L inline 4

AWD system, leather seats. Yours for $17,100.

More 'Murican goodness

7 Likes

You’re using that '84 ‘Japanese’ body for this as well, right? Might be interesting to see how ours compare to one another.

I plan on getting enough style points to win :sunglasses: The car is shit.

2 Likes

Both the Vista and Ascot are built on the '84 Muni body set, but the former is AWD and the latter FWD - in fact, the Vista reminds me of the Ford Laser (KF/KH) TX3 AWD of the early '90s:

I never considered turbos for my entry, though, considering how much they add to service costs (esepcially in smaller engine compartments).

1 Like
is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_)=====D~~

The 1987 SM45 series Owlsa EX-S

By Planar

Planar’s first full-size Owlsa, the SM45 brings new levels of design and refinement.

From the new liftback design, to the EX-S exclusive sporty two-tone and sports wheels, the SM45 Owlsa is here to impress.

The performance is impressive, too. With the latest RXO78 flat six from Rotomax under the bonnet making 209 hp, going to the rear wheels through a 5 speed manual and LSD, the SM45 EX-S can do 0-60 in 6.4 seconds, and goes on to a top speed of 156 mph.

Available now for $30,000, call your nearest Planar dealer for more information and to book a test drive.

3 Likes

The New Baumhauer 4 Series

étendard

The 4 Series is a a symbol of sophistication for a car in its class, with its aerodynamically-designed body which allows for generous cabin room while also maintaining compact exterior dimensions. Years of painstaking innovation and engineering has made the 4 Series the leader for safety, interior comfort, and powertrain technologies.

Safety

Safety remains a hallmark of all Baumhauer products, with the Vier four-wheel-drive system providing traction in all road conditions, the galvanized chassis providing class-leading rust protection, the anti-lock braking system that improves control during emergency braking situations, and the protense (Programmed Tension Security) supplemental restraint system providing excellent safety to occupants.

Interior

The interior of a 4 Series is the place to be. All controls are placed logically as they should be in the cabin, which is upholstered in supple leather and Bavarian wood trim. The gauge cluster’s advanced computer display keeps track of various functions of the car, including mileage, fuel economy, and other diagnostic information.

Powertrain

Doing our part for the health and sustainability of our planet, every Baumhauer sold in the United States and Europe are catalyzed, reducing tailpipe emissions significantly. The 4 Series’ range of five-cylinder gasoline engines are the hallmark of performance and efficiency. The engines’ 4-valve-per-cylinder technology allows them to breathe more freely, which improves engine power output and fuel efficiency across a wide range of speeds.

Gallery

Bonus

Source

© 1987 Baumhauer AG. All rights reserved

16 Likes

Primus Astrona 200 GLS

Spacious interior, secure handling and complete trim level including leather, aircondition, dual airbags and a fancy CD stereo.
This car seems to be your usual reasonnable family sedan - until you find out what it can do on twisty mountain roads. Ask your PRIMUS GLOBUS dealer for a test drive.

6 Likes

looks like an 80s celica :kissing_smiling_eyes:

In case someone needs inspo.

3 Likes
Last Weekend
We come to the last weekemd before submissions close.

I have final submissions from:
@Happyhungryhippo
@lotto77
@Hilbert
@z2bbgr
@machalel
@Arianne777
@Ludvig
@DuceTheTruth100

Entries 7 days or older (meaning possibly broken by the update & valid for resubmission):
@Mausil
@xsneakyxsimx
@Knugcab
@quiz

If your name is not on this list, I did not receive a .car from you via DM. Here are the people who have posted an ad, or talked about an entry, but not submitted:
@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T
@abg7
@moroza

3 Likes

'89 AMS Acolyte 3.0S

A sports sedan built with the upcoming new decade in mind, with all the mod cons and performance kit expected of its ilk, starting from just $24k AMU.

2 Likes