Ford it! - Foxy (body) Lady! ~ Fox body '82-'89 Fun Stuff

Looks like I’m getting different (lower) market values. Maybe something got changed for the latest Steam open beta, which I’m using. Oh well. Screencapped cars with values over 120 will be getting reviews.

@lordvader1
Sorry, man. Your ride doesn’t quite cut it.

Indeed! It’s a tricky body to work with. :stuck_out_tongue:

I added the screen capture of the market tab for my entry.

FSD would like to presesnt a new hypercar made in the 1985.

FSD Foxer is a hypercar, which is meant to spend most of the time on a race track. It features a high-revving naturally aspirated v8 engine and race oriented suspension. It is impossible to go past this car and not to notice it. The car is offered for a bit more than 100k. What a bargain!

1 Like

is this going to be continous? i mean there’s no deadline right?

It’ll stay alive until I run out of steam. Anyway, review time.

American Eagle Automotive brings us, the Corzippa GT.

A snippet from the European automotive magazine Driving Gloves, August 1982.

Last week we got a Corzippa GT in for review and boy did me and Jim enjoy our time with it!

Are you by chance looking for a zippy, solid sports car? Well, you might just be in luck this year. The GT, with its 2.6 liter naturally aspirated V6, does 0-100 in a mere 7 seconds. Not bad for 140 horsepower. This being something of a premium coupe coming in at just under 990 kilograms, we were quite surprised. In more ways than one. Oh, and did we mention that the engine’s rear-mounted? You might not think it just from seeing the front of the car.

Let’s get into it. Literally.

Jim, properly seated in the somewhat cramped driver seat, set out to find some issue with the interior. (I’m pretty sure he just likes knobs and buttons.) He didn’t find anything. Imagine that! We were both expecting to stumble into at least one cut corner but nope. You get what you see and it all works. AEA had boldly stated that this car would be going head to head with the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro. Perhaps even blow them out of the water. Sitting in the GT, well, you can kinda see it. Kinda. It’s a cramped car. There’s no denying it. With someone in the passenger seat you feel even more confined. Sardine syndrome. Oh well. Screw the Mustang and Camaro! It’s a fast car, so who cares!

Smooth gearbox. Smooth acceleration. Smooth car! The one performance complaint we could come up with is the lackluster top speed. This ride, costing you about $4300, won’t quite get you up to 200km/h. We couldn’t do it at least, and that was on a test track! So, acceleration over top speed. Power does drop off somewhat at the higher RPMs (redline at 6200) so you might be struggling after reaching about 140km/h. Not that you’d want to try that.

At high speed this thing suddenly becomes very clumsy. Go straight. That’s all you can hope to do. The steering gets floaty and extremely unresponsive after reaching 150km/h. Kinda like driving a fish. This, coupled with some feeble, lackluster solid disc brakes (HERE’S the cut corner we were looking for), might give you something of a shock. Were you driving a responsive sports car a few seconds ago? Well not anymore! Buckle up. Or don’t go that fast. That’s the best advice we can give you.

On a more positive note, we’ve been testing the GT all weekend on a full tank of gas (regular, mind you) and it’s still going! This is one lean engine, folks. Power and economy? Almost seems too good to be true.

And so, our final verdict.
Should you get it? - Sure! If you don’t plan on having a family anytime soon.
Is it worth it? - Man, a sports car this speedy and you can fill it up on regular gas? Worth it.

2 Likes

Psh. If you call that lean, you have clearly never driven an Adenine :wink:

One small correction: Rear mounted engine, not mid. The engine is mounted behind the rear axle.

Fixed.

Recent open beta update (whatever it may be) messed up car loading. Getting some errors.
Gonna have to wait for that to be resolved.

Oh wait…

@HighOctaneLove
Did you by any chance do something exotic to your car? Weird mods? File editing? Maybe you made it with an old version of Automation?
This is all I’m getting.

Seems exclusive to your trims.

NEVERMIND. Phale’s car is giving me the same issue. Mumble grumble…

Hmm, that’s weird, I’m getting the same problem too. I was able to build it fine in the stable release so try opting out of the beta. Also report it to the devs.

yep. same story here.and it seems only with this body… mod related?

on another note we now see clearly that supercharger will indeed be added eventually. but what’s that?

what’s a second smaller turbo icon behind the turbocharger? is this for the twin turbo setup? sequential turbo? i’m intrigued now.

This happened to me, so I opted-out of the open beta and went back to normal, fixed the problem

It’s working again! More reviews soon. Possibly later today.

It’s 1986. Summer. You’re hanging out in a convenience store, checking out some magazines.
Hmm. An ad rag for cars?

FBC Bogliq Fox. Looks interesting. Hey, it’s been reviewed!
The Ecostar variant seems to getting some praise. You decide to sneak a read.

“…not quite as sporty as it looks. The DOHC 16 valve 1.6 liter I4 may be limited to a mere 80 or so horsepower but we assure you, it’s enough to get the job done. Your bank account will certainly thank you in the long run as this is one of the leanest machines we’ve ever seen. The Ecostar runs on premium gas but you’ll rarely (if ever?!) need to fill it up. This, coupled with what we assume to be low running costs for the future, won’t force you to sell the house.”

Huh? Economy? What the hell? Where’s the good stu-
…oh, what’s this?

The 400GT. Looks like the same car, you think. But WHOA!

“…about twice the running cost of the eco model, a 4 liter flatplane V8 makes this kitty both purr and roar. 280 horsepower! Excellent acceleration and a top speed we didn’t dare explore. We hit 220km/h and decided to call it quits. Zero to a hundred in under 5 seconds kind of put the fear of God in us.”

You notice that you’re drooling uncontrollably. A store clerk walks over. “What’s this? Someone spilled something on that magazine? Well, you can have it then.”
Lucky! You head outside and keep reading.

“…did however run into some oversteer issues. Don’t push it too hard or you’ll end up in a ditch. On fire.”

After that it’s all illegible. Damn drool! You never could handle looking at a sweet ride.
That thing’s cocaine on wheels, you think to yourself.

2 Likes

Thunder’s been knocking my harddrives around so today’s gonna be all damage assessment and checkdisk frustration. Read errors all over the place.
Might get another review out by tonight, depending on how things go.

1 Like

All this corrupt data. God! Sifting through what I recovered I found… a VHS tape? How does that even work?!

The tape player whirs and grinds, spitting up a few sparks from the back. Tape’s rolling. Let’s see.

“Today on Daily Turbo we’re taking a look at a well rounded premium coupe. The Adine Mist. I’ve had this base model stuffed away in our storage garage ever since the bank heisssss- I MEAN we got this back in 1985 and just haven’t used it since.”

The man on screen narrows his already furrowed brow and seems lost for a second.

“Yes, yes. The base model. Powered by a turbocharged 2.2 liter V6 making approximately 135 horsepower, this baby pulls 0-100km/h in a comfortable 8 or so seconds. The redline’s set at 6100 RPM so you still get a smile on your face if you floor it. Now, all of this may seem pretty average if you don’t consider the economy aspect. She’s a camel, I tell ya. Fill her up and she can go for days upon days. Absolutely astounding if you ask me.”

The man checks his notes.

“You’re looking at a total weight of about 1.1 tons, driver included. Not much at all for what you’re getting here. Back in '85 we got this honey for a flat 10k. Yeah, yeah. We got around the retail price. So what? I’m special!”

The man can’t seem to decide if he bought this car alone or with someone else. He’s leering around the set as if he’s looking at somebody but nobody’s there.

“YEAH! That’s right. And you know what? This car is crazy special too. I swear, this thing tore across that one corn field l-lik-k-e a-a cha-a…” FZZZZLLRRLPPPFFFLL

Damn it! Tape’s all bundled up! Hold on. Let me just… smack this thing…

FFFPLLLLRRLPF- “…a-a-gain after the Sport V6 factory conversion-kit we managed to snag. Took us a while but this is MINT! Let’s just take a look here.”

“We worked on this for months, I tell ya. So, now we’re done. Pretty much a complete performance boost overhaul. I don’t think we got the bigger 3.1 liter V6 in there right but Bubs tells me it’s as good as it’s gonna get. He ain’t here though so we can’t hear him ramble on and on about that. Always with the rambling. Guy got what he deserv-”

The man blinks rapidly and seems lost yet again.

“SO YEAH! The transverse MR setup comes with some issues when it comes to swapping and maintenance. Who knew? Anyway, she’s pulling zero to a hundred in a sleek 5 seconds now. All thanks to the transmission which swaps high top speed for maximum acceleration. The suspension takes this into consideration as well and will allow you to zip around corners like nobody’s business. Can’t catch me, can’t catch me!”

He laughs for a while.

“Hoo-boy. She’ll outrun anything. The downforce makes high speeds feel completely surreal. You just…”

He gets down on the floor, placing one hand over the other.

“SCHLOOP! It’s crazy! It’s like you’re the god of wind or something. And she’s still pretty lean. These engines, man. This one gets you a nice 220 horsepower and I’m happy to say that the weight’s about the same after the conversion, thanks to the interior being way lighter and less fancy. Redline’s at 6400 so if you like the base model you’ll just love going sport. So, the…”

Blaring sirens. The man gets up and looks distraught. He’s swearing in multiple languages as he lurches up to the camera to shut it off.

The tape ejects. Oh, there’s something written on it. Must’ve missed that. “DON EYES ONLY.” Huh.

2 Likes

oh… massive derp… right. 2 trims… resubmitting soon

Great reviews :smiley:

Was hoping this’d turn into a Monday thing but I’m just not feeling it today. Possibly tomorrow.

The latest and greatest technological mess for the turn of the decade! Fahrzeug presents the CX-3 featuring the new electronic injection and dual turbo combination we call eTurbo to help boost your performance! It also revs up to 8000 rpm! A sport tuned manual gearbox to give you full control over the supercharged engine (manual gearbox not available in Untied States). It even looks like the future sportscar that anyone can drive! The best part, all this in a car anyone can afford!

1 Like