Ford it! - Foxy (body) Lady! ~ Fox body '82-'89 Fun Stuff

“It’s June 1989. We’re on the Fairbane Motors test track. Let’s take a look at the Revera NR GTR!”

“We let one of the local mechanics take this yellow monstrosity out for an initial spin. His post-experience reaction, as we recall, was “BLEEEUUUAARGH!” We wanted to get this review out sooner but, you know, the guy covered us (yes, the whole crew) in vomit so we had to do some washing.”

“So, here we are! Day two on the track and we’ve decided to do this review live! I, Kurt Sondergart, will be riding shotgun while reading off of the specs sheet. My partner in commercial crime, Sture Mattfolk, will be doing the driving. He suffers from a bad case of lead-foot so this promises to be exciting. Cameras are set up and ready to go and so are we! Let’s hit it.”

“It’s… pretty… cramped. There we go! Oof. OW! Dang. These bucket seats sure do leave something to be desired. Certainly feels like a race car so far.”

We see Kurt and Sture trying to put their helmets on while not bumping the between-seats camera.

“Ungh. You good? Alright, start her up.”

Kurt turns the ignition and everything shakes as if a severe earthquake was going on.

“IT’S LOUD. REALLY, REALLY LOUD. WHAT? NO MUFFLERS? YEAH, I CAN TELL.”

Sture cuts out every now and then. The car’s just too loud. All we hear is a blaring wastegate and a pissed off engine as Kurt lightly taps the accelerator.

“ROUGHLY 3 LITER V6… BI-TURBO… AROUND 840 HORSEPOWER… VERY LOUD… UNDER ONE TON…”

The camera’s shaking so bad that everything’s constantly out of focus. We see black and yellow scrambling all over the screen as Kurt gets a feel for what the two are getting into. The revs drop and things come back into focus. We see Kurt reach for the shifter and BWOOOSH!

“SECOND GEAR… GOD…”

The camera cuts out completely. Coupled with what can only be described as the sound of multiple atomic bombs going off we hear Kurt cackling maniacally.

“…KILOMETERS PER HOUR… OVER 220… F-FOURTH GEAR…”

The siren song of a well machined drivetrain pops in between gears.

“…FASTER… MY WIFE… I LOVE HER…”

Audio finally goes dark. Guess the recording equipment gave out completely.

No one seems to know what happened after that. The crew responsible for filming the event simply don’t speak of what happened. People have tried asking, sure, but the response is always the same. A droopy face mixed with a blank stare. Kurt and Sture disappeared that day along with the car.

Some cars… may just be too sporty for mortal men.

4 Likes

“a slow car you can enjoy” - review #1
“driving it in the city, makes the air cleaner” - #green convention
“i need dis”

rear engine,
1.1 liter turbocharged engine

1 Like

^not small enough :stuck_out_tongue: ^

just a quick question regarding this[quote=“Slax, post:1, topic:15865”]
Prime Directive:Competitiveness of at least 120 in any given market category.
[/quote]

is this necessary as ANZhotrods have a salt flat racer developed from the fox (think 500km/h)

Would you believe that the rules are there to not be broken?

Without that rule in place, it would just be a show-off thread for no good reason.

The off-road foxy, I call it the Coil. I wanted to go for something no one else had attempted. It has a 95HP 1.4L V6 with manual lockers and all wheel drive.

1 Like

HEY! I was going to do that!

Ok, here is my little sports car, the foxtrot. I was going to do a rally/ light bogging car. Sorry for the graphics issues.
arthur - Foxtrot.zip (95.5 KB)

I’m late to the party, but here is my submission, the Harris RMA V6 Turbo, powered by a twin-turbo 2.5-litre V6. It’s a proper sports car, and here’s proof:

Get ready to see the rear of this thing a lot. Weighing just over a metric ton and with just over 200 bhp, this thing is surprisingly quick.

It’s an understated yet attractive machine, too, particularly when viewed side-on. And it runs on 91RON unleaded too!

The nose treatment is equally understated, with a subtle front lip.

A low estimated price made the RMA V6 Turbo one of the most competitive sports cars of the era.

Its engine isn’t just about power, though - there is enough midrange torque (from 3000 to 5000 rpm) to make overtaking a doddle once the turbo wakes up.

1 Like

Seriously, your’s is at a Ferrari 250 GTO level of price tag compared to mine.:imp:

Then again, my submission is an out-and-out sports car, and its turbos kick in sooner…

1 Like

Mine has better handling, good acceleration, cheap, light and a bunch of other stuff.

Also, your’s has a 2.5 litre V6 and makes 200 HP, but mine has a 2 litre not a 2.5 V6 and makes the same.

I tried to be more realistic this time; I was afraid that having the turbos kick in at 4000 rpm or later would compromise drivability due to excess turbo lag. Particularly when the redline is only 7000 rpm. And while my engine is not quite as reliable, it is far more economical (it has DOHC, instead of SOHC, heads) and has more conservative turbo settings.

1 Like

None of us know much about the price of your car because you didn’t even post a market screenshot at all.

@Pboy123, you did provide the export of your car so I can look at the market value of your’s and you did not meet the “prime directive” at all.[quote=“Slax, post:1, topic:15865”]
Prime Directive:Competitiveness of at least 120 in any given market category.
[/quote]

I tweaked your car a fair bit @Pboy123, it now meets and exceeds the “Prime Directive” and with a 20% markup, it has 128.9 competitiveness in the “Track” market.

one85db - Foxtrot.zip (95.8 KB)

Cool