From Geneva to Le Mans -REVIEW 1 OUT

we have gained a spoiler and a scoop

1 Like

Not the hosts, but I feel like giving some comments. Hope they will be helpful to you.

The whole design is quite elegant but functional. I particularly love what you’ve done at the rear for the road car, the straight light strip and the curvy lines under it create a very dynamic and “professional” vibe and definitely looks amazing.

However, there are also certain elements that I personally am not too fond of. Firstly, I feel that the headlights for the road car are perhaps a bit too small. The fin behind the greenhouse is also quite tiny and has an awkward angle, so I’m not sure about the functionality of the fin. I’m not remotely knowledgeable in aerodynamics, though, so please do correct me if I said something wrong. Finally, I’m not sure about the wing fixtures placed around the wheel arches of the race car.

BTW @MustangPorsche67, I don’t think the new bits you’ve added can satisfy the hosts yet, considering track-focused hypercars are desired in this challenge, and quite frankly with the new spoiler and scoop you’ve added only evolved the car from a 00s supercar into a 10s supercar, aerodynamic wise.

8 Likes

Correction: evolved from a 00s supercar into another 00s supercar

Needless to say, yeah you’ll have to add more than a couple of vents when we said “completely rework your aero”

1 Like

ouch.

yeah, lemme look into it. im trying not to make it a mess of canards and wings

2 Likes

when in doubt, simply place a massive wang and go home

in all seriousness though, something simple but effective might be a good place to start.

1 Like

Sorry to pop in out of nowhere, but given the nature of this challenge and participants’ entries, I believe it’s in my best interest to notify participants about tweaks made to some of the generic Modular Wing stays.

To be specific, the pre-existing generic stays have been nudged backwards, and their bottom ends have been moved up to the fixture pivot point. This was done to better accommodate the myriad of new generic stay variants, as well as improve usability in the long run.

In any case, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change. I’ve witnessed how it feels to have fixtures shuffled around against a player’s will, which is what motivated me to make this change sooner rather than later.

10 Likes

I think i might scrap my current design and go for something like this concept sketch by the designer of the p72
Retro-Flavored V12-Powered Supercar Envisioned By The Designer Of De Tomaso P72

4 Likes

That’s more like it, as far as inspirations go. Wilder, and more era-accurate, yet still clean enough to be recognizable as a road car - and easily adaptable into a race car.

1 Like

Yall got any more of that, uh, feedback?

(Ray tracing really does NOT like this car)

7 Likes

personally i quite enjoy the car that you initally made, but this concept, while keeping a retro design, manages to better integrate the modern aspects of the challenge, so i’d say it’s definitely worth going for it. it reminds me of the ferrari 512 s a bit:

and so it begins

where im leaving it for tonight

1 Like

Nice to see that you’re making progress, but please refrain from excessive posting and clog up the thread.

Out of 53 posts, 15 of them are made by you, even more than SpeedyBoi, one of the host of this challenge. You can share your progress in Discord instead, to keep the thread clean and concise.

15 Likes

For your convenience

Here’s my progress as of now. Hoping for a review soon. By the way, this is the road car. The race car will feature pretty similar elements with a few exceptions being some aero and venting.

15 Likes

hi, I have a hypercar, pls go hard on the car

rtx might have fucked up some of the lighting on the car

12 Likes

Bootleg Alfa Hypercar, still a work in progress that will never be as good as the Goat’s work, but still.

Also yes, i suck at photography, AND my video car is a potato, how did you guys guess?
(jokes aside, i’m gonna send more detailed phtots for feedback soon)

7 Likes

Hello, so here’s my progression so far on the road car, the race version is still to be done… but that’s all, so how’s it?

5 Likes

As suggested, i have refrained from overposting here, but i’d thought i’d show what i have so far. still a huge wip but its presentable enough

5 Likes

Short update: Habemus race car

6 Likes