Global Grand Prix Challenge (Finished)

yes, but it can be set to 3

Just a small reminder that
Entries Close in 3 Days
and 15 minutes.

I don’t have any entries from the people posting adverts/pictures, so as a reminder,
@z2bbgr
@geometrys
@ArizonaCaseo
please send your cars in via Forum DMs, and claim your mulligan before the time limit is up!

4 Likes

1996 Grand: Pinpoint, Street and GT1 Versions

The fuel tank is the trunk.

Zacspeed ONE-GT

Coming soon.

4 Likes

Sin título

2 Likes

I had a really refined engine made but its bugged out and the variables are all over the place from last i left it. Good luck to everybody

The Tarquini Gloria GTC (Gran Turismo Corsa) and it’s road legal version, the GTS (Gran Turismo Stradale)

1 Like

I know the '94 Koenigsegg-like body set (on which the Gloria is based) still has an unusually short engine bay even in 4.3 - but I was able to squeeze the 4.0L V12 engine I used for the LS60 Spyder into a test mule based on it.

Anyway, the Gloria is, in a word, glorious - but I bet it’s not running a V10 or V12 of any description; a twin-turbo V8 would be more likely.

Makin it outta the moon!!!

:speaking_head: :fire: :fire:

Made in collaboration with @KSIolajidebt

Vengen - Vector Apollo 12 SR6

Making out of the world race cars since the very beginning, Vengen is happy to finally reveal their racecar for this decade; The Apollo 12. Made in collaboration with Vector Motor Group, this sleek hypercar powered by a Twin-Turbo V6 can reach speeds upwards of 350 km/h and also able to reach 0-100 km/h in under 2.5 seconds. It’s also well capable of blistering fast times around the automation test track without sacrificing any daily driving niceties.

Stay tuned for the racecar and more!

Gallery

7 Likes
Due to some messages from possible entrants, I have decided that
Entries Close in 3 Days
from 15 minutes ago, now with a final time limit of
February 3rd, Midnight PST (8 A.M. GMT)
Resubmissions from entrants who have already sent their cars in are allowed one extra entry to compensate for the sudden time change. Thank you for your understanding.

4 Likes

would have been nice to know this before I decided to stay up until 4am to finish it, but this gives me a chance to fix the rushed engineering so I’m not complaining

Zephorus Autos

logo3

GGPC Entries by ZRD

Zephorus R599 and R650

6.0L V12 N/A
RWD
Manual

Made for fun, I have no doubt this will either be binned or completely fail at being fast. or apparently roll over if the weight changes by even a few kgs.

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Actual model may change in final submission.
9 Likes

Although it’s based on the Pagani Zonda (which is one of your favorite cars - and mine too!), the basic body shape makes me suspect it’s based on one of the '98 Stradale body sets, most likely the 2.64m wheelbase variant - the exact same one I used as the basis for the '95 LVC LS60 and '05 AMS Archangel. However, by combining some of the Zonda’s styling features with those from other supercars (such as the McLaren F1’s roof-mounted intake and the Ferrari F50’s basket handle rear wing on the road car), you have created a real work of art. My only problem with the Stradale body sets is that they are quite wide (2.0m for the intermediate-sized version), but then again, many other MR supercar body sets from the 90s are of similar width.

It’s actually the outrun00’s body, the 2.6m version, with extensive rear 3d work.

It does draw many inspirations from the Pagani Zonda and I wish I could’ve done it better. There is unfortunately just no body close enough to do it justice.

3 Likes

The '98 Stradale, with its wedge-shaped profile, actually seemed like a closer match for the basis of a Zonda replica, until I realized that the '95 Outrun, with its even more curvaceous shape (especially in mid-engined form) may well have been even better suited to what you were aiming for (as well as being slightly narrower to boot) - hence the fact that you chose it over the Stradale.

Also, upon closer inspection, the R599/R650 has a vague resemblance to the Rome Racer line of cars (Works R170 ST, R190 DX, and R202 GT) from Burnout Revenge - the main difference is that your car has Zonda-like headlights and a roof scoop as standard, whereas the R202 GT is the only Rome Racer with either (or both) of those features.

yeah, sorry, this was really last minute solely from other entrants that were in the middle of making their cars and posts as the timer went over the old deadline. i wanted as big of a net as possible for the other entrants to finalize and still be fair to those who had already managed their time wisely. i think roborace ate into some of the visibility of this challenge since i originally set the deadlines for rules & entries not to compete with them, but that was before they completely upended their old deadlines as well.

2 Likes
Final Final (this time for real!) Entry Deadline: February 5th, Midnight PST
for fuck's sake, devs...
3 Likes

Transitalia presents the Velera GT1, the latest in their long legacy of top-tier racing cars.

Gallery

1 Like

UNLEASH THE FUTURE: SPANDER IS PROUD TO PRESENT ITS NEWEST AND GREATEST RACING AUTOMOBILE TO THIS DATE

SPANDER GLV GT1-S

The epitome of power and design, featuring a racing engine bigger and more powerful than its racing counterpart. Is there anything else to say about that?

4.8L V6
755 hp at 6300 rpm

Galery

SPANDER GLV GT1-R

The Race version not only embodies the spirit of racing but also redefines it. With a purpose-built chassis and aerodynamic enhancements, this version aims to dominate the race track with unprecedented efficiency and style.

4L V6
648 hp at 6600 rpm

Galery

by Maxbombe and Texaslav

8 Likes

Is that really a V6? If so, it would run really rough (especially if it also had a 90-degree bank angle), even with balancer shafts and a lot of extra balancing mass - the lack of cylinders (and hence prestige) won’t help, although it helps save some weight. In any case, the GLV reminds me of the Jaguar XJ220 (as does its elliptical headlights and basic shape, although it appears to be based on one of the '95 Super Wedge body sets), and I remember that it took a McLaren F1 (an even more expensive and exclusive machine) to overtake the Jag on the all-time road car top speed list.