GTLM American Elite Speed racing league 2006 (Week 3 Scores)

The American Special Race League is a tournament based on the IMSA Tudor Series, that takes place in America. A Series about endurance, skill, and most importantly, Speed. The Rules Are Based on the IMSA Tudor’s Regulations for the GTLM series, with some tweaks to make it easier/more interesting. :wink:

So you want to enter a car into the race league? well there are a few things you need to know first…

Rule 1. A GTLM car MUST be modified from a production car, no exceptions. In order to be considered a “Production Car” You have to have your original car shared in the Car Design Sharing Forums. Preferably under a company thread, as this makes it easier for me. From the car that you posted, you may make your car for the track. If you do not own a company, you can either create one, and post your car there, or tune somebody Else’s. (With Their Permission Obviously.)

Rule 2. Your can change pretty much anything on your track car, all that matters is that it has the same engine base as your production car (IE both cars having a flatplane V8 or something) and that they share the same aspiration. This includes engine size, block material, and Valve setup. All that matters is that your track car fits within these guidelines:

Here are the regulations for making a car. Production Cars do not have to adhere to the following rules.

Rule 3. You have a budget of 23,500. Spend it wisely.

Rule 4. Semi Slick Tires are banned. The Maximum quality for the tires is 5.

Rule 5. The Maximum Displacement for a naturally aspirated engine is 5.3 liters or 5300CC. The Maximum Displacement for a turbocharged engine is 3.3 liters, or 3300CC.

Rule 6. Your Car must Weigh a minimum of 1250KG

Rule 7. The Cars Will Run on Ultimate Race Fuel.

Rule 8. Your Car may only have an Open Differential.

Rule 9. Your Car may contain no moving aerodynamic parts. This Includes active aero wings and cooling flaps.

Rule 10. your cars may not use electronic stability or traction control.

Rule 11. Your Car and engine must be produced in the year 2006.

Rule 12. Your Car cannot include Carbon Fiber or Titanium Parts.

If You have any questions or concerns. Please do contact me.

Rules about everything else.

Revisions of cars are allowed up until the start of the competiton.

You can only change the tune on your car after the tournament is started.

You MSG me the LUA for your car, and give me a link to see your production car.

If you use somebody else’s production car to tune, i will ask them if you had their permission, if they say you did not have their permission, your entry will be disqualified until you get their permission.

I Will also check the car’s lua, if it does not meet the qualifications, I will Tell you.

How this will work: The Races will each take place on Monday. (If I need to change it for any reason, i will post it.) You have until Noon On monday to send in your car’s final tune. You are allowed to test on the track before. Whenever I finish doing the math on all the cars, i will post the winner.

The tournament will go on for 6 weeks.

Week 1 Is the Airfield Track.
Week 2 Is the Automation test Track.
Week 3 is the Daytona Sports Course. (Found Here: automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4461&p=41559&hilit=daytona+infield#p41559)
Week 4 Is the Streets of Detroit (Found here: automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5592)
Week 5 is Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. (Found Here: automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4912)
Week 6 is Le Mans. (Found Here: automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5632)

Your car’s reliability factor will multipled by it’s MPG, and that number be divided by the car’s time around the track x2, so a car with a reliability of 60 that gets 20 MPG and a time around the track of 1:15 would have a score of 521.73(So You want to maximize your fuel economy and reliability, not just focus on your speed.) The total will be your score, whoever has the highest score will win the race.

The Winner will get 10 points.
Second Place will get 6 Points
Third place will get 5 points
Fourth place will get 4 Points
Fifth place will get 3 Points
Sixth Place will get 2 points
Seventh place will get 1 Point
All the rest get no points. Whoever has the highest amount of points at the end is the winner, and your company will get amazing bragging rights.

Please have all submissions in by July 25th 2015.

If you have any questions or concerns, just send me a private message and i’ll try my best to respond as soon as i can. I’ll be learning with you so just bear with me. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Edit I Made Speed around the track more important)

can a NA version be converted to turbo just for this? or do I have to start with a Boosted engine as stock?

I would wait and/or extend the date by at least 2 days and wait till the open beta update comes out, you will get a lot of people having to redo their cars because of this.

As Long as you make the original naturally aspirated engine on the production car 4 Liters or smaller, you can covert it to turbo charged.

Okay, thanks for the tip! :slight_smile:

Good, I dont need a sohc 4.0 turbo v6 when I have 4.7 ohv v8 tuned for economy

Your rule set as a whole seems decent, although I would suggest that you simplify your rules a little.

I understand what you are trying to do, but usually taking rules from real life series and applying them to automation just overcomplicates things, and nothing keeps me from making a super good car for you challenge, and then making a “production” variant out of it and posting it in my car company thread.

I recommend removing all those rules. It will simplify the whole thing especially since, like I said, nothing keeps me from ignoring that bit, creating the ultimate car based on your other rules and then creating a production car based on that.

As a whole this seems decent and fairly clear, only bits I would change would be to change rule 8 so it says that only open diffs are allowed, to be clearer, and maybe reduce the turbocharged engine displacement. I’ll ask people who ran challenges what sort of guidelines they usually use, but let say that 4L turbo is definitively enough to 1000hp :smiley:

As for suggested additions, I would suggest at least a minimum engine reliability, 50 should be easily achievable in 2006. You can also add minimum safety if you want, but it is not required.

I would recommend 2.8L Boosted and 5.0L NA for 2006

but they would have to come with huge turbos as stock, not to mention it hurts both reliability and economy.

(YES YES I KNOW HOMOLOGATION SPECIAL AND ALL THAT JAZZ, I COULD RUN A SUPERCAR AS A BASE BUT THAT WOULD BE KIND OF CHEATY)

Edit:

I have a very undersquare 6.2 v8 that I can use as a basis for a racing engine, Mind if I make a custom bore/stroke combo just for this racing? my other 5.5 is 20 cc over the limit and not fit for racing (tiny bore, LOOOOOOONG stroke)

[quote=“trackpaduser”]Your rule set as a whole seems decent, although I would suggest that you simplify your rules a little.

I understand what you are trying to do, but usually taking rules from real life series and applying them to automation just overcomplicates things, and nothing keeps me from making a super good car for you challenge, and then making a “production” variant out of it and posting it in my car company thread.
[/quote]

I Understand completely, I made it fairer to people who want to come into the competition and edit a prexisting car, but having a production model is still something I Think is important to the “Lè Mans” type feel.

[quote=“trackpaduser”]

As for suggested additions, I would suggest at least a minimum engine reliability, 50 should be easily achievable in 2006. You can also add minimum safety if you want, but it is not required.[/quote]

The Reliability of the cars is going to be a big factor into their score, as this is an endurance race, so I’m not setting minimum reliability so that people have the option to weigh the scores themselves and determain what’s good enough.

I also limited the Turbo size to 3.3 Liters, and the Naturally aspirated engine size is now 5.3 Liters.

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it! :smiley:

[quote=“Manche”]but they would have to come with huge turbos as stock, not to mention it hurts both reliability and economy.

(YES YES I KNOW HOMOLOGATION SPECIAL AND ALL THAT JAZZ, I COULD RUN A SUPERCAR AS A BASE BUT THAT WOULD BE KIND OF CHEATY)

Edit:

I have a very undersquare 6.2 v8 that I can use as a basis for a racing engine, Mind if I make a custom bore/stroke combo just for this racing? my other 5.5 is 20 cc over the limit and not fit for racing (tiny bore, LOOOOOOONG stroke)[/quote]

I edited the rules now to make it fairer for people with pre existing cars, so all that matters now is that the engine type and aspiration stay the same on both the track and production car, so you can edit the engine size now. :slight_smile:

Right, I am referencing mid 2000s cars to make a luxo sedan that fits within the era (I have a big gap between the 70s and the present in the area)

I have prepared a car for this competition!

2006 Bogliq Bastion GTLM

Link to the homologation car… automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5685&p=76671#p76671

And if anyone wants to tune their own Bastion GTLM a) you have my permission :smiley: and b) here is the file (if you didn’t find it on the car design page, lol)

High_Octane_Love - Bogliq Bastion .zip (153 KB)

(It has 4 engines; two pushrod and two DOHC, so everyone is well catered for!)

a new dsign from K’s Works for this competition
if anyone want to use this car feel free to do so :slight_smile:
S i x t h - K’s Works Beluga.zip (89.6 KB)

working on a big sedan to offer a template to race with

I think i will go the Plymouth Superbird route and start with the race car and then build a normal car.
So how do you want us to name the lua files? and do we send you a lua file for every track?

REI Autosports B06.R LMS. Unceremoniously shelved when the Bogliq chassis proved to be incapable of actually putting the engine’s full output onto the ground.

is reliability a thing? or can i go with 0,1?

Would you give an ENDURANCE racing car such a low number? You are looking for it to throw a rod at the 5th lap.

So what reliability should i aim at? Im new to this so it would be nice to get some pointers ^^ Like how fast i at least should be around the airfield =)

Production car for 2006, around the airfield (read: not a supercar) should be 1:20-1:30. A production sports car will be lower, but probably not sub-1:15. A race car should be sub-1:20 and could be as low as sub-1:10 around the airfield.