'Hey, whats that car' challenge aka 1988 Mediocre Sports

Wait i sent my thing to the wrong place, stream starts soon, we having a few issues. Give us a bit

Stream almost there

Alright everyone, stream starts in 10 mins! Twitch

It has started! Come join, sorry for the delays

3 Likes

Dang, for how rushed that design was, I’m pretty surprised I got bumped up to a 6!

I was short on time, so I tried to double the same rushed corvette-type-thing for TMCC14 and this challenge. It did poorly in TMCC14, and it seems the same is happening here, but honestly I’m just happy to be here! (:

(Also, I think the reason he didn’t see the pop-up headlights was just because of the lighting. They’re on the hood.)

5 Likes

Lmao, problem is that its the slowest car

3 Likes

Yeah, I took the “mediocre” part to heart. :D

5 Likes

And that was round 1! Round 2 coming soon on sunday. We are really enjoying this challenge so far and this is the second time that a perfect score for styling has ever been given in one of our challenges, going to Marv666! Congrats to everyone, some cars were liked more than others but we had a laugh with all of them. NOTE: For some reason this wasnt sent in yesterday, stupid wifi

2 Likes

Twitch stream round 2!

Hello everyone, looks like we need a round 3! Date and time will be announced, but most likely it will be on Wednesday. I’ll keep you all updated

2 Likes

can’t wait to see more. I see that the croquette was a fail at the design, taking note for next events

2 Likes

Round 3 on wednesday at 2:30 pm pst! I’ll see you then.

Sad to have missed the races! But always love watching Brad go around these tracks (the stream is really fun, even why my cars aren’t doing so great). I’m watching the first part and I’ve noted the naming wasn’t really picked up on so I’ll drop a hint.

The knockoff Horsche 112 had a Horse for the badge and 112 is the emergency number for Europe (like 911 for the US).

The generic Einwagen Kuruma means “A Car Car” in German and Japanese.

Mispronouncing “Pisa Chiete!” out loud may get you banned on youtube (but the name is pretty accurate for what it is :wink: ) as will saying MR Deux in French.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for competing! Sorry for not being able to come to the stream yesterday, i wasnt feeling too good and i still dont feel too good. Lots of bad stuff happening and im a little sick. I’ll try to post the points soon, dont be suprised if it comes a little late. Seeing someone go unconscious for the first time is really scary and im still shocked, makes it worse since it was one of my classmates. Now i get to hear that one other classmates had a stroke. Give me a bit

5 Likes

Well guys, its time! Ive finally done the points.

Thank you to everyone for competing and congrats to everyone for the competitive competition.
Since i couldnt message @Sky99 on discord, congrats for getting P3!
Stay tuned for our future challenges, as our next one will be extremely experimental and will most likely come out tomorrow!
I myself do not think that our next challenge will be very popular, but if you can see if you can enter it, because the info from it will be used in future challenges.

Again, i have to thank everyone again for entering, or even just watching the streams!
Trophy day coming soon

5 Likes

It seems that I took the not so fast part too serious, here in europe, out of BMW or Mercedes, we didn’t have that many cars over 100hp which were not the top sport version of the trim, that’s why my cars were on the slow side.
I also wanted to have brakes with 0 fade, but that leaves to very strong brakes… so next time softer brakes
Thanks for the challenge and brad too for driving this cars

2 Likes

Since i was uncertain if our idea for the next challenge would work, i have set up some stuff for you all to vote! Vote if you can, it only takes like 2 mins of your time AutoBeam Challenge Voting 1

2 Likes

Regardless of what gets picked, it’s going to be fun. Might have to make two cars this time, though, so I can have one “sensible” car and one Hot-Wheels car.

2 Likes

Good idea, especially if 2000s 80s cars wins

2 Likes

'The Future From The Past' Challenge New Challenge is out!