'Hey, whats that car' challenge aka 1988 Mediocre Sports

oh I’m relieved

3 Likes

Checked a bunch more cars and again, i can say that no car is illegal so far!

2 Likes

Slow sportscars usually seem to have been built because of weird regulations and tax incentives. So I thought: why not create a Japanese subsidiary of my normal brand and let them create a hot over styled turbo turd Kei car. So that is exactly what I did. Which means a car with a max length of 3.3m, max width of 1.4m, max displacement of 550cc and add a turbo. Then finish it off with a two-tone body, some striping, body coloured wheels and you have yourself car that looks like it will outrun a Countach. And it probably does on a very small stretch where the owner of the Countach wouldn’t dare to drive.

Anyway, enough blabbering from me, here is Autodeltas subsidiary Deruta with the latest hot city car, the Shika KT-55 Zenrin 3dr:

With some lore in the form of a simple Japanese brochure. Not nearly as extended as the one I did over 2 years ago for another challenge, but it looks to be quite a bit already for this challenge. Oh and I don’t know a word Japanese. It’s all Google Translate, so I apologise for everyone who can actually read Japanese.

Deruta Shika - Brochure (online flipbook)

8 Likes

I love this a lot.

2 Likes

Guys, we have a problem. The challenge will probably have to be delayed due to a bug in automation not allowing cars to be imported, so i cant send the cars to Brad. Unless its updated i’ll keep you updated.

3 Likes

Oh my, is that the high-end 80’s-90’s sports/muscle car, the Apoapsis Leviathan?

No… It’s the Apoapsis Leviathan’s stripped down, budget-spec sister car, the Bazard Leviathan. Available with a choice of an I-4 or V6, both of which work engines sourced from vans and trucks, this budget car shared only a name and a body with the company’s premium performance machine; everything else had been stripped down to Geo Metro quality.

Normally, the I4 was only available with plastic bumpers, but since Bazard has always been big on customization in preorders, some I4 models (such as the one provided) ended up being ordered with body-colored bumpers. You might mistake it, then, for a proper sports car; but don’t be fooled. It’s bad.

5 Likes

Guys its really not looking good, i might have a solution though. I’ll try that out soon and then if it works i’ll ask everyone without a working already imported entry to do the same.

1 Like

I not sure what you mean, but do I have to export my car on use lastest alpha verison on automation again?

1 Like

Maybe, not sure. Try it and send me the file, if it works i know whats wrong.

Ok. Also I worry the steam told me that automation update was fix turbo logic, All player submission engine maybe mess up. Luck, that update do not affect my engine.

1 Like

Hello everyone, i have good news! I have found the issue. In short, i need everyone who exported or entered their cars between January 11th and January 13th to export their car files again and send them to me. I’ll try to notify everyone personally too. I dont care when you enter it, just try to get it before the stream. If you get it after we’ll try to run your car in round 2. I’ll also allow a little bit of illegalness in the rules because of some changes in calculations.

3 Likes

Fykselot Memy 1.5 Sport

The Memy Sport is a true sports car! With two doors, a spoiler, and rear wheel drive! Available in many colours, including this bright yellow! With a 1.5 litre overhead valve engine tuned for maximum grunt, the Memy will not disappoint off the line! But for sports car virgins, we also offer it with an automatic gearbox, so you will never stall! Buy one now, for just $12,000!

3 Likes

Meet Craig. Craig is a construction worker in Australia. He lives an ordinary life, has a girlfriend and a dog. In the weekends, Craig goes to the local trackday in his car, Craig. He loves Craig, its always reliable and fast. Sometimes, Craig takes his girlfriend and dog with him to the trackdays so they can see him drive. Craig is not a rich man, so his car is cheap. Craig loves driving to work, home and on track. His car does too! Craig’s car is perfect for his job, he takes it offroad almost daily. Never has he damaged it!
Craig’s side hobby is drumming, so for gigs he brings his car with all his equipment.
Craig loves Craig.

Brought to you by Craig Auto Company and available in you local Craig dealer for 18 thousand US Dollars.
(This model has been imported to the USA in 2012)

3 Likes

I can confirm that after another batch all cars are legal! Currently i am waiting on 2 more cars which have to be re-exported and of course, if you want to enter you still can!

Im allowing people to still enter their cars. Stream starts soon, i’ll notify everyone.

I have been try to figure out to add closed captioning on twitch with use sound mods for while.

1 Like

Wait i sent my thing to the wrong place, stream starts soon, we having a few issues. Give us a bit

Stream almost there

Alright everyone, stream starts in 10 mins! Twitch

It has started! Come join, sorry for the delays

3 Likes