Hilbert's Car Museum, 07 Piaggio Fly, '05 Twongi 🌸, '99 Beemer

And you also doubled the value of the car!

2 Likes

The value quadruples when I fill the tank.

4 Likes

Holy shit my bumper is not fine

I were going to replace the tape but I realized I’d have to wash the car. No can do.

Mandatory car pic. Also brakes are gone. Those need replacing.

4 Likes

I give up.

1 Like

Have you tried drywall screw? That fixed about everything that came loose on a Volvo 740 I had.

1 Like

The main issue is, this is the bumper.

And here’s the screw.

And here’s where the screw is supposed to attach.

However, I believe it is supposed to look like this.

So basically, the screw doesn’t attach to anything, it just kind of… Is there. And the bumper keeps falling off. i believe the problem, but I haven’t seen unbroken G Astra bumper.

3 Likes

I have seen one. On the one my aunt had. It was a 2003 model. She bought it in 2003. At some point in history they did exist, believe it or not.

4 Likes

I had an unbroken one on my 1999 Astra 1.6 16, until a badger decided to run over the road.
As I was doing 70+ km/h at that time, and it was late, the bumper was no longer undamaged.
Only the lower black trim was loosened. It must have been a low badger.

3 Likes

I swear to fucking God

That’s the other side. The screw is missing.

3 Likes

Take off the bumper for good?

I doubt that would be an option.

His license plate is on it.

Yes, he lives on tight budget, but i doubt it would be particularly nice to see bumper-less Opel every morning.
And would atract attention of mostzly negative kind.

While im at it, why you sold black Astra instead of this one? That seemed to be in better condition.

Because the engine of the black Astra broke the fuck up.

I even made a post about it, Hilbert's 2001 Opel Astra - #58 by Hilbert

Sad.

Keep us updated about rides tho - interesting story you got here

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

The car also doesn’t start anymore. Probably the starter that’s fucked up.

1 Like

It fell off?

It did. Now let’s play a fun game! The person who sends me the most money for a new car wins a a printed out picture of my Astra! Let’s go guys!

How much do I have to pay to be sure to NOT get a picture of your Astra in my mailbox?

4 Likes

Ah. that’d be 3750€ and your address.

All the good things must come to an end. The end for my Astra, is today.

I got the car started with a help of a stranger and some cables that gave power to my car. I drove around for a bit before pulling into a gas station and shutting the car so I can put some fuel in it. When I tried to start it, it didn’t start. I tried it with cables again, no luck. Pushing did the job, drove the car home, that’s where I’ll leave it until I get it sold.

1,5 years and almost 40,000 mutual kilometers later, our story has come to an end.

5 Likes

Well. What is this forums good for now when I can’t read this thread anymore? :frowning:

4 Likes