Hot hatches thread

2010 - Marquez MCR by Chambord

This car was created based on a challenge proposed by @ELBruno where the objective was to remake a car (from 1972) based on 10's visual, keeping the DNA or identity of the old MCR and from the brand (Marquez). So I made this, following the patterns of his brand and from the old MCR.

There are three versions, the Cabrio, Class, and XR (respectively)

The engine is a 1.8L boxer 4 that generates 111HP and 155Nm of torque. For the Cabrio and Class.

As for the XR, it has the same engine with a little more power: 160hp and 182nm

Let’s focus on the sport version, here are the numbers:
0 - 100 in 7.8s and a top speed of 213km/h

Definitely, it’s a car that I would buy.

More Pictures

The old version, from 1972

10 Likes

This is a very chic little car. Totally something I could see myself behind the wheel of.

4 Likes

That’s a nice design, it has personality, but at the same time it doesn’t look like some retro parody, but rather contemporary. Nice.

The H1

4 Likes

FOR SALE BY OWNER - '65 GSI Piccolo 1500 Rallye. Super rare! Ran when parked. No low ballers or tire kickers, I know what I have. $50,000 firm or trade for Civetta Bolide. Call Cletus (555) 420-6969

GSI_Piccolo_-_1500_Rallye.car (84.4 KB)

BeamNG File

9 Likes

1995 Zerve-NAM Korner PS117 Sport

1900cc F4, 115hp, 8.4 secs 0-60, 16.15 secs 1/4 mile. Proper deathtrap in BeamNG.

4 Likes

1998 KAI K1 1.8iS

Based on my CSR 143 entry.

1.8L 180bhp NA I4, 6-speed manual, FWD w/geared LSD, and sportier suspension and tires, plus bigger vented discs all round - all for just under $25k AMU, but only as a 3-door hatchback with a manual gearbox.

All this high-performance hardware yields a top speed of 153 mph and a 0-60 mph time of 6.78 seconds (with a 1/4 mile time of 14.94 seconds), plus a 60-0 mph braking distance of 34.9m and 1.04 g on a 200m skidpad.

Interior

4 Likes

Tartan’s 2021 RLI (short form of “ralli”) lineup:

2021 (6th generation) Tartan Torino RLI (facelift) (here pictured in RLI Heritage Green)

Tartan’s C-segment hot hatch with a 2.0 litre inline 4, turbocharged making 244hp at 7500rpm and 255nm of torque at 5300rpm, but already serving up 200nm before 2000rpm. That kind of power naturally needs the Torino to have beefed up multilink rear suspension and a sofisticated AWD system to help put the power down on the road. Due to market forces the Torino RLI is only offered in 7-speed DCT.

2021 (5th generation) Tartan Tirana RLI (here pictured in RLI Mango Orange)

Although Tartan’s B-segment entry, the 2021 Tirana offers nigh identical interior space to the Torino and in fact a larger boot the Tirana RLI offers a more budget friendly alternative for the hot hatch crowd. Sticking with a 1.5 turbo three cylinder engine, it offers 190hp at 7000rpm and 215nm at 5000rpm and front wheel drive. However, this allows for a 6-speed manual and a lower price of 32,000€ with much more economy as opposed to the much more premium and higher performance Torino which starts at almost 20,000€ more.

(I haven’t really done spiels here in aaages so sorry if my writing ain’t that convincing)

6 Likes

2018 Bellfire Adia Turbo, 1.3L T POWER

10 Likes

As endorsed by Dies Irae!

nOoOoOo ItS NoT A hATcHbAcK iT’s A cOuPe lOoK
– some kid in the 80’s

The Vantour 604 Coupe was a hatchback. Plain and simple. It was only marketed as a coupe to attract younger audiences into purchasing the car- typically seen as an old person’s car due to the low power output and easy handling. There was never any intent to market a coupe version of the 604, only remarketing the existing hatchback variant, albeit with a few small changes such as a smoother, rounder C pillar, 16 inch alloys (the original car always had alloys, just don’t tell the teens) and a dual exhaust (one of which wasn’t functional).

However, under the visual modifications the car relied on the same 1.5 litre I4 as the original, making it no faster than the standard version, save for some minor weight loss from the smaller boot. However, noone noticed and the Coupe would run for another 2 years before being discontinued in favour of a newer, sleeker car to slot into Vantour’s “Coupe” category.

Good luck trying to find one today, as most of them have either rusted away due to poor rustproofing, been written off by some uncareful driver or have been gutted and thrown in the scrapheap due to a poorly build engine that destroyed the whole drivetrain.

(no rear shots because automation decided to fuck my fixtures L)

3 Likes

2012 Iasaki Vistaria 2.0 RZ-R

Remade the Kestrel Vistaria 1.6R as a V6-powered Iasaki.

MOAR PICS

2 Likes

FUCKERS STOLE MY WHEEL

CAN’T HAVE SHIT IN DETROIT

(1961 - 1980 Mäkelä CitiBoy 600, Gen. 2)

11 Likes

ok but does it work in beamng

2 Likes

no. the wheels are too close together and the steering just breaks.

2 Likes

Idk, first post on this topic

The 1992 Hakone Shira RT-i 16v

8 Likes

Visually, it reminds me of the Pulsar/Sunny GTI-R, but is it turbocharged and AWD just like its namesake, or is it neither? At any rate, the only thing that could improve it would be a detailed interior, but given that so few interior fixtures have been ported over to 4.2 so far, it’s currently more of a nice-to-have feature than a must-have.

1 Like

Yeah it is indeed AWD and its turbocharged, it has a 2 litre Turbocharged i4 making 280hp, that is 50 more hp than the original Pulsar GTi-R.

2 Likes

Formidable stuff back in 1992 - comparable to a contemporary R32 GT-R, and in fact it would be a few years before an STI or Evo would make that much power in real life.

With that drivetrain configuration, surely it has to be a Group A homologation special like the STI and Evo were? After all, on the outside there’s nothing to suggest that it isn’t.

1 Like

1992 SAARLAND KOSMOS 2.0 SR

Just like its predecessor, the Adjunkt, the new for 1992 Saarland Kosmos had some performance variations, mainly the ES and the 2.0 SR.

The 2.0 SR was the “warm hatch” version. The 113 hp engine was the top of the range alternative from the sedan and wagon versions of the Kosmos, but in the hatchback you could only get it in the SR. Cosmetically, it had many similarities with the top of the line ES version. It had the “sportier” front end without upper grille but with larger bumper grille that incorporated foglights. It also had the wider front fenders, colour matched exterior plastic parts and 15 inch alloy wheels with low profile tyres that the ES had. What it didn’t have was twin tailpipes (but the single pipe was larger than on other trim levels of the Kosmos), neither did it have the front and rear spoilers of the ES.

Some parts were made of lighter materials (for example plastic or aluminium where you found steel on lower spec models), just like the ES, and the battery was moved to the rear for better weight distribution. It had sports tuned suspension, close ratio gearbox with “sporty” (but less economical) gearing, 4 wheel disc brakes, variable ratio steering rack and a semi clad undertray. What it didn’t have from the ES was a limited slip differential, and of course, the power output was lower. The steering wheel was the leather wrapped one from the ES, but it had regular cloth upholstery and not the half leather/velour trim from the ES.

Performance was adequate for its era and class. 0-100 km/h took 9.1 seconds and it had a top speed of 214 km/h. Quartermile was done in 16.86 seconds, 80-120 in 6.24. If you wanted to go faster, you had to go for the ES.

4 Likes