Hot Lap Challenge HLC round 7: wnb V8 SUPERCARS 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET

Well that’s rediculous. We’re trying to build competitive cars with two powerplants and with the Chevy you are getting 150 horsepower more than a maxed out EcoBoost with headroom to get up to 1400 HP?

I don’t think the Chevy V6 should be handicapped to natural aspiration so that it is 150 HP behind the Ford, but I think boost and other pieces may need to be significantly limited if you can currently run 500 horsepower over the EcoBoost.

2 Likes

Maybe a max power output?

I didn’t even mind the hp disadvantage, you can get more aggressive with the suspension using the v6 due to the higher driveability of NA, plus even though it weighs more than than the Ecoboost the turbo’s torque is higher which addes additional weight to the gearbox, and you can fit a manual or sequential to the v6 much easier than the Ecoboost.

Like I said I’m not complaining, I was going with the v6 either way but with the turbo it’s overpowered.

6 Likes

@Darkshine5, when you get a moment, could you please weigh in?

2 Likes

Ok sorry guys im at work. If the general consensus is na v6 then that is what we will do. As far as tracks I am going to step in here and use my power. The tracks will be green hell, ATT flying lap, highlands park.
one large track is ok 3 is too much work for this simple challenge. After we decide on thechev engine whether to turbo and limit total output or to keep NA

Edit. Can i just say how impressed I am with these two engines in game. The ecoboost is amazing

after this is settled I will ask airjordan to select a deadline date and all rules will be set in stone

5 Likes

I’d like the V6 to stay N/A because that’s what I thought I was up against when I built my car. IMO the turbo V6 is way too OP on power and will end up dominating the results!

2 Likes

NA V6 is my vote. Even with 50mm turbos over 800HP is possible.

1 Like

550 hp?

faints

I’m getting a little over 400 on NA Chevy. I have a lot of money left to spend, but…market scores are falling like a rock because this is too expensive. I’m already down to 73 for Track P. All of you are voodoo witch doctors!

Ok, tracks are final and it seems we are doing turbo vs NA.

@lordvader1 and @HighOctaneLove you may resubmit to comply with the new rules and/or retune for new tracks.

!! IMPORTANT !!

• when submitting, add a screenshot from overview tab
  • when submitting, tell me if you want a go-faster-tip in blurbs

deadline is 16.10.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET (central European time)

4 Likes

how to install the ecoboost engine ?

1. Click on the red link to download the engine
  2. move the zip file you got to the import folder in the Automation map
  3. run the game
2 Likes

@airjordan since i am a ball breaker aka nut destroyer

i give you the responsibility to choose the tracks i am not good at it, i always get the salt when i pick something :smiley:

it’s already been done by darkshine5

Oh come on girl! I mean lady… with your knowledge and expertness you get 400? Are you running carbs again? I opened up the engine, pushed the limiter, cams, fuel and ignition up and there was 500.

But we don’t give a damn about them this round :wink: so what’s the problem

2 Likes

OOOOOOOKKKKK
We might have a problem. Because everyone is using same engine and same trim, every time I import a new car, previous engines get replaced by new one.
I made a pace car with chevy engine. Nialloftara send me his entry also with chevy renamed engine. Now we both have his engine.
soooo
Do not send me cars with the engines you modified
Because everything can be changed except bore and stroke, here are the specs to build your own replica of chosen engine (and name it in the same manner you name cars…)

Thank you for understanding. (if someone wants more info on stock engines pm me, I got all the screenshots)

3 Likes

I renamed my engine anyway to match the submission requirements.

2 Likes

You know sometimes some things have to be said twice… :wink:

4 Likes

Did my engine name change not save?

It did (well its still variant 1) but now my car have your engine/your config…your entry is fine, already tracked so don’t wory :slight_smile:

why cant all rules be on one place like CSR does. instead they are here scattered around in the forum

They’re all at post 2.