Interior Design Showcase

Primus Imperator 270D - In 1980, the company decided to offer their newest luxury flagship with a Diesel engine - incredibly slow, but Gasmeans bought it somehow because it needed half the fuel and lowered fleet consumption significantly.

7 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

So many Gasmeans buy import cars. Don’t be a traitor.
Buy a domestic 1982 Globus Dominus. When Gasmean Muscles meet Frunian efficiency and Hetvesian quality.

3 Likes

My R5 restomod car interior for the ARM18 (very french themed)

9 Likes

As it seems like you have liked my trim comparison, here the successor, the 1985 model.

As customer expectations have rosen, the CL trim was binned and it starts with the GL - now featuring trip computer, power windows and steering as well as a nice stereo as standard.
The most expensive is no longer the GLX, as a GLS model was placed above it. GLS meant leather, power sunroof, a new DOHC engine, fancy wood or aluminium decor. Top-of-the-line is the Turbo AWD model, shown here featuring the Digidash option, multi-cassette-deck, automatic 4-zone climate control, adaptive air suspension and other gimmicks.

6 Likes

I love the green color of the interior!!

Thanks, but it is actually a beige tone (at least in build mode) that looks greenish with that lighting in this special photoscene ambiance I mostly use.

The same color, but with brighter sunlight looks correct in this 1985 Globus Traveller LX.

2 Likes

The 1980 luxo-dinosaur has been slightly facelifted for 1988.

But the POIC (Primus Onboard Information Center) has not much changed on the surface since 1980. However, it is capable to control the adaptive air suspension (since 1981), the aircondition with automatic distribution of air (since 1984) and to interfere into the engine management (new for 1988).

4 Likes

CAN YOU SHARE YOUR INTERIOR MODS? THIS IS GREAT WORK!

2 Likes

All mods you see in my interiors are steam workshop, nothing else. But the number of fixtures I reach to make my interiors can be a bit incredible.

This is always the problem I have - really good interior: 1,5h, perfect interior: 5h
So I take the really good one, but when I see your work, I am green with envy.

Sure, but mine sometimes takes days and countless redos… It is a frustrating and eventually a rewarding process.

1987 Vaughn El Mirage LTS

6 Likes

The 1990 Globus Grand Cruiser LS is now challenging the established Gavrils, Warrens and Vaughns! Not that Globus is a new or niche brand, but in this class they did not compete yet. The LS comes with standard fuel-injected V8, a smoooooth oper, eh, automatic and leather interior (touch that instead of the cheap plastic next to it).

Just wanted to show the interior because the way you made the doors in the Vaughn is very similar, what does not surprise me as they have a similar age and are competing in the same market.

6 Likes

My only entry for the Automation Comp, and the first interior that I invested heavily into in terms of time commitment. Any advice on how to approach creating interiors in general in future would be appreciated.

2 Likes
1 Like

For a beginner, this is not bad at all.
Placing small items without gaps and in correct size is the most difficult. It is easier when making use of the freeroam mode.
If you have BeamNG, most bodies support the interior cam. Sometimes in an awkward position, but works. After making the first trim, make sure in Beam that everything ist nice.

2 Likes

While I respect your method, we do things a bit backwards.
Basically, the basis for an interior for me is the floor and then the seats. Only after I position those properly, would I center the steeringwheel based on the driving position.
After those steps are done, I start building around that foundation.
This way I yield good results as the driving position is not off-centre. Goal beind that if I freecam inside and place the cam around the headrest area, I have the visibility over everything, including the cluster and all controls.
This is why the interior is an effort for me.
Maybe we could do an interior together? I supply the basics and you finish it off?

yep, same here: Floor, seats, dashboard, steering wheel, doorcards. The rest doesn’t matter that much then.

Maybe it might help if I share a WIP car: The new 1991 Primus Legacy 320, the entry to a new luxury experience, replacing the Imperator II that showed it’s age lately, especially after the newest competitors made it look like a shoebox. The car is far from being finished. Highlight is the second genreration PRIMUS Onboard Information Center (POIC).
Although the exterior is totally different to the predecessor (no longer a not-a-Toyota-Crown, more a mix of Audi and Opel), the overall interior layout has been kept but modernize to bring the large Primus into the 90s.
Important is a credible choice of materials, the 320 is aiming at Europan buyers, so no excess in wood and bizarre interior colors (US loves tan interior, back then even a plushy red or - rarer - a brown. EU buyers sticked mostly to gray and black). To underline the sporty profile, a manual was installed while the predecessor came only with an automatic, which is standard for V8 Legacy models 430 and 550. Those will surely get the more daring US-style interiors.
Another thing is that you should follow a certain design line, if possible. A Primus should look like one, so should a Globus. I have lately posted a lot of interiors and you can easily see which brand the car is from. The similar layout to the predecessor was clearly on purpose. Loyal buyers do not want to learn everything from new, look at Mercedes W210 and 211, where it’s actually the same interior, but more modern.
Leave out some space for buttons if fancier trims have gimmicks. In the Legacy for example, the V8 cars will get controls for the air suspension.

2 Likes