Interior Design Showcase

For comparison: This is the final interior for that trim:

It might look almost the same, but there are 2,5 hours difference! Interiors are really challenging if you take it serious, and a luxury liner surely has a lot of work to do, but a cheaper compact car wouldnt be so much less work.

3 Likes

Now another post, because I’d like to share experience to other users.

Even after 6+ hours, when you think your interior is perfect, it still isn’t over. I found minor bugs (rear seats not perfectly scaled, wheel arch was visible minimally, I forgot the indicator stalk, and so on…

And then… I redid some of the early work.
Nr. 1: I actually asked myself how to use that onboard computer, which is quite complex for a 1991 car, in real life… and I redid the usability logic:

After that, the V8 versions with air suspension came. I promised you to add that feature also in the interior. This is how I made it:

Now I am REALLY fed up with luxury cars. So I started a very old project, a late-80s ultra budget economy shitbox that is better than walking, but using the bus if there is one might not be THAT worse. I share the state after approx. 1h of work (engineering, basic exterior and - which is the focus here - the interior after my “cooking reciepe”, first floor, then seats, then dash, then steering wheel, then the doorcards.
I share the final result when it’s done, propably the weekend.

2 Likes

No worries man, I just grabbed that off of YouTube real quick just tryin to help out lol

2 Likes

Now rather cheap interiors:

1982 Globus Intruder - a car that offered mobility with 2 years of warranty for Gasmeans with a tight wallet.

1990 Globus Bravura. Basically a modernized Intruder with better build quality and nicer design.

1986 Primus Urbano II

Better not talk about it - at least it beats walking. At least it’s running cost match a monthly bus ticket.

3 Likes

That’s a big boi with a lot of gimmicky things…
I might need to open up a lore thread, as I have too many cars…
The main idea why I share so many interiors here is to demonstrate how my brands have their own identity, that means even if I removed the brand name, you could tell what it is by just looking at it… and that’s the most difficult about creating interiors. You can tell what’s a BMW and what a Benz (at least up to 2015). I want to archieve the same with my fictional Automation builds.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Interior experts, I just have one question…

How do you deal with these awkward curved spaces where the square fixtures clip though the side of the body work if pushed to far back?

I make it longer to scale it into the trunk space.

If I do that the edges of it will start to clip out of the body. That’s as far back as it goes without it clipping.

Use the curved edge ceiling liners flipped around to fill gaps like that, you can scale them lengthwise to change the strength of the curve

4 Likes

That trick could also work when applied to the front - I’ll try it myself as soon as I can.

I find these 3 handy for curvy rear ends, when scaling the straight part stays put as well. Under the 3d tab:

Might as well throw in a simple interior from the CSR base car:

1 Like

Hello! I share some of the interiors of my cars, I hope you like it and if you want to see more visit my page RIGEL MOTOR. Cheers!

RIGEL MOTOR

5 Likes

3 Likes

running in the 90s

4 Likes

How colorful!! How did you make that print? Incredible!

I’m assuming it’s a fixture material mod, unless anyone tells me otherwise.

1 Like

I used a mod called “Md’s custom paints 4.27”.
If you don’t use one part as door panel but three different to scale everything totally perfect, the different stretch of the parts ruins it, as you see above.
I invested some time to figure out how to fix that (actually, re-scaling and re-arranging a lot of times until it looked the least strange)

After that, I built an interior for my AGC entry that I will finish tomorrow.

4 Likes

I was again focussing on interior differences for each trim level, now for the 1994 Merit:

180 Classic (note the rear window crank)

200td Comfort

200 Sport (some aluminium decor helps for schporrtiness)

250 Elegance

300 Avance (hard to see, but it’s carbon decor)

2 Likes

How would others do a 2+2 style interior? I haven’t downloaded any mods so I only have the two styles of seats so I don’t think these are very 70s euro.

3 Likes