Interior Design Showcase

I like the Primus Urbano interior in all its simplicity. Reminds me of an early Golf.

1 Like

@xsneakyxsimx

There is one car from me with 2+2 seats, it’s the 1993 Globus Phoenix, a premium muscle car. It wasn’t that easy to arrange it with the massive wheels intruding the interior, but in the end it looks not too unrealistic.

@Knugcab

The Urbano was in both generations citroen-inspired, the first one from 79 to 86 by the Visa, the second one from 86 to 96 by the AX (pre-facelift) and the Saxo (post-facelift).
The facelift interior was still very basic, but the 1992 model should attract younger buyers, so it looked very 90s in colors beside still being cheap.

I promised to show here how a complex interior is created - I now did this with the 1998 Primus Cognoscenti - in four steps you can see the progress and which steps I did (roughly) in which order.

Step 1: basic dashboard

Step 2: Door panels, instruments, steering. Steering always after the instruments to not have the wheel in the way.

Step 3: Seats, roof details (however I don’t do interior pillars as its a pain in the a…), general features (power windows, clock,…)

Step 4: Gimmicks and gadgets, like the PDC display, logo on the steering wheel, text on monitors, adjustment of the power seats

Step 5: Bugfixing. Compared to the previous picture I had to readjust the gauge needles and added a cover behind the vents on the dash to let the center console not shine through.

This time once again an interior in the 1970s “pistachio beige”, because the customers (aka the commentators here and in discord) loved it so much that Primus used it until the 2010s.

Edit: This is the Cognoscenti from the exterior. Car shown is a 1999 220 sDDI Diesel model in Moondust Silver.

3 Likes

Good interior tutorial :raised_hands::raised_hands:

Yes, it is a repost, but I am adding it since I have never been as satisfied with an interior as I have with this… 1967 Vaughn Silverbird. (Entry level drivetrain, so yes, three on the tree is correct)

5 Likes

I said it once and ill say it again, thats a nice interior!!

Since I was finished early with my QFC entry I could as well do an interior while waiting… So enjoy the 1982 IP Commuter 1500 Turbo.

(Yes, I am probably overusing the Peugeot 505 parts as well as those Renault 17 seats but what to do when they look so good?)

7 Likes

It is a very fitting and period correct interior. Additional thumbs up for doing pillars (which are really a crap to make correctly) and the nice Alcantara texture of the seats. Well done!

@xsneakyxsimx
Here is another 2+2 interior, again the Globus Phoenix, but a generation ahead. This is my first (and propably only) retro interior, however, I recycled some parts from the predecessor to build a bridge between the different generations of the same car model.

I hate doing pillars, but I try to do them when I can. I tried on the 1967 Silverbird but those C-pillars were more or less impossible to work with. They look like shit on the IP too but well, I think the interior turns out a bit dark and unfinished completely without them so better than none I guess.

And yeah, I thought that the Turbo deserved a more luxurious seat material, so :stuck_out_tongue: Would not have been unlikely IRL so.

1972 VAUGHN TOBAGO

Curious about the car? You will see it soon in JOC2C.

5 Likes

What if there is no fitting radio fixture for a millenium SatNav?
Yes, I build it myself. The first one was quite ok, but I thought I could do the screen even better, so I did.

@Skygel14 maybe an inspiration?

4 Likes

I have finally decided to redo one of my oldest builds in the current game version - the 1967 Primus Imperator.
The large Primus is always a fine piece of art and engineering, and this one is one of the most imporatant cars the brand had ever produced - so I corrected a few minor goofs on the exterior and spend two hours on the interior.
And yes, the 80s Peugeot interior works for a realistic 1967 luxury car with a few tricks.

4 Likes

Two Globus cars, the 1997 Traveller family where the 90s had an impact … undeniably…
The other one is the 2000 Bravura that has another DIY radio because mods for that era don’t really exist, especially for US models.

3 Likes

1966 SAARLAND ADJUNKT

Being the entry level Saarland, the second generation Adjunkt hardly offered an interior full of bells and whistles when it was released in 1966. But it offered significantly more space compared to its predecessor, and as a simple and functional everyday hero, it worked flawlessly.

7 Likes

1984 AUTHIÉ ET DALLIER 6/26 COUPÉ

In an era where things like ergonomy started to matter more, the old school approach and “cockpit look” of the 6/26 actually got some criticism, with all its instruments, switches and warning lamps scattered everywhere, as well as the polished wood and chrome creating some glare. What couldn’t be denied, though, was that it was an interior with very fine craftmanship and high quality woodwork and leather, just like one could expect from an Authié et Dallier.

7 Likes

Oh, thats very nice, like sitting in a gräddtårta :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I must say that all your nice exotics is one of the reasons why I got inspiration to kick off this brand.

1982 VAUGHN FIREBOLT STS

The third generation of the Vaughn Firebolt was introduced in 1982. Being a cheap economy car, especially in the base model STS trim, it offered a minimalistic but still functional interior. When looking at things like the gauge cluster, it was obvious that better equipped models were available, though.

5 Likes

I haven’t played in a while, but that looks like a new steering wheel and i like it.

No, it is just the wheel that resembles a 60s Mercedes wheel from the “Classic steering wheels” fixtures, but I removed the horn ring by making it transparent to give it a more modern look.

4 Likes

2004-2008 IP VAGANT

Don’t know what more to say. A large family sedan from the era that must be the most boring in the history of interior design. Of course with aluminium panels and monochrome pixelfest, because mid 00s and fancy.

6 Likes