International T/A Series [1968 Season] [Final Standings]

Well, you do have access to, and have seen, all of our entries.
So it is a little unfair to everyone else as they only know about their own entry…

it would be fair to run your car seperate outside the competition. as a sort of benchmark or something.
or let us all check your cars for “copycatism”

I second Luilakkie. You should be Car 00.

If I was a devious man I’d learn engine building techniques from the better competitors. :laughing: My TU is something like 40 HP down vs. the pack.

But I understand.

Just a quick question before I submit my cars, are aerodynamic parts like wings allowed? Looking at old photos of cars from the era none of them seem to have anything more than a small lip on the trunk lid.

[quote=“VicVictory”]Another batch of legality checks has been run. The competitors that have passed are now all listed on the front page.

Side question: Does anyone have an issue with me putting in my own entries?[/quote]

Nope, I have no issue with you having competitive entries; it’s all for a bit of fun, it’s not like there’s actual cash money as a grand prize! :slight_smile:

Chipskate - yes. Actually, the AMC Javelin T/A entry historically had pretty extensive aero for its day.

I’ll be in with this 2 Cars.

For TU-Series the Blackforest2k

For the TX-Series the Blackforest5k

I only have to work on the fine-tuning… But Green Hell in 6 minutes is real fast :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

…just kidding

And I’m going to be competing in both classes as well. :smiley:

TU: Toyoko Sundiamond RS - the absolute best of japanese engineering (and engrish)

TX: Brooke Tourer GT-R - a british grand tourer gone wild

How soon do we have to have out submissions in by?

Wednesday, October 19th, by 10 AM Pacific time (-8 UTC).

Here is my entry for the T/A class, the 1968 Prato Motor Cars, Stradista.

Built in Canada and inspired by rich Italian heritage.

OK, first time I’ve had this in my competition, but…

PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR FIXTURES/BODIES ARE FROM A BASIC 1418 BUILD, AND NOT ADD-ON MODS.

They will cause LUA file errors because I have absolutely no mods (other than the listed tracks) installed.

Fixed the grill to 1418.

What kind of horsepower ratings are the submitted cars averaging? I am throwing 345hp out of 4995cc’s and feel like I might have brought a knife to a gun fight.

I think 345HP is enough power. I’m less below that, but I’m fast* harrharr*

Two days left for submissions, folks!

Weasel - I see you’ve posted your cars in this thread, but I haven’t received your files yet.
Leo - you joining in this time around?

There are also a couple notable absences from the last round, wondering if they’re going to try their hand this time around.

I AM still very curious about how my designs will fare against everyone else’s. I will be running them on the tracks and I will put the times for them in the mix, but I am NOT a competitor, and will not be assigned a place or points; my times will be strictly as a benchmark.

(and no, I didn’t copycat anyone. My designs are my own, and were created before the first submission ever came to me, with only fine tuning of aero done afterward)

PM is sent

Well im pulling 367hp for my TX and 198hp for my TU

Right on! I had to really make some sacrifices to stick within the maximum costs/production restrictions. You don’t realize how much 500$ makes a difference until you enter one of these community challenges.

The performance gap between our engines can be made up if you have a brilliant setup

I’m really hoping a little bit of beginners luck and some unicorn dust trickled into my design. It’s my first competition entry.