JOC4A - A Foreign Man In A Foreign Land - [ENTRIES CLOSED]

again, there are no seating restrictions.

he has no dependancies, so likely isnt going to be carrying very many people, if thats what youre asking. if you can thoroughly convince me, and by extension bruno, that a one seater is the best car to fit his needs, go ahead.

Sorry about the redundant question; I noticed you already clarified that there were no rules whilst you were in the middle of typing.

the golden rule

3 Likes

Hey does anyone want to do some sort of design tutorial thing :slight_smile: I have a car that’s engineered but I want to improve my designs so it’d be cool if someone wrote the descriptions and proportions and design stuff :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like
3 Likes

these are also worth giving a once-over

3 Likes

How about a collab? You engineer the car and makes the base design, I try to improve what I can see could make it look better, while I try to change your base design as little as possible, then I give you a detailed explanation of what I did to improve it? Like I did with your QFC entry a while ago, but this time before the judging…

3 Likes

If the +5 techpool rule includes the engine as well as the car, are we specifically limited to using plain three-way catalytic converters, or can we use high-flow three-ways instead which are already available in 1982?

you can use either.

2 Likes

Exactly! This is going to be the coolest car ever! :slight_smile:

I’m suggesting a maximum boost pressure for turbocharged engines - between 0.6 to 0.8 bar should suffice. I’m also thinking a ban on boost control or twin-scroll setups, if anyone finds either of those options to be OP.

the disadvantages of running too much boost are provided by the game, so i dont see a reason to ban.

Should there even be any restrictions on advanced trim settings? Regardless, I think they should be used in moderation.

And I’ve already built several test mules for this - including a big front-engined V12 luxury coupe, a mid-engined V8 sports car, and a turbocharged six-cylinder grand tourer, among other things.

1 Like

Look! It’s another Pleiades.

That’s all.

6 Likes

Unless you’re making a funny car, 6x6, semi-truck, monster truck, ambulance, etc. It would not come to our attention if you do decide to use advance trim to a certain degree

2 Likes

Well, just send me the car when you feel like you’re done with it then, and I’ll see what I can do.

I usually just do visual QOL changes in advanced settings, like brake position and rotation, engine size (I enlarge it a tad bit to be more realistic), fix rake issues and usually make the chassis tunnel size small when I try to do an interior. I think these changes are more for realism than to gain advantage.

just for a quick point of reference, this is my stance on cheese. thought it was worth mentioning in the thread

2 Likes

I got mentioned… :smiley:

I hope what I have planned won’t be considered as cheesy… but we’ll have to see.

1 Like