JOC4A - A Foreign Man In A Foreign Land - [ENTRIES CLOSED]

3 Likes

these are also worth giving a once-over

3 Likes

How about a collab? You engineer the car and makes the base design, I try to improve what I can see could make it look better, while I try to change your base design as little as possible, then I give you a detailed explanation of what I did to improve it? Like I did with your QFC entry a while ago, but this time before the judging…

3 Likes

If the +5 techpool rule includes the engine as well as the car, are we specifically limited to using plain three-way catalytic converters, or can we use high-flow three-ways instead which are already available in 1982?

you can use either.

2 Likes

Exactly! This is going to be the coolest car ever! :slight_smile:

I’m suggesting a maximum boost pressure for turbocharged engines - between 0.6 to 0.8 bar should suffice. I’m also thinking a ban on boost control or twin-scroll setups, if anyone finds either of those options to be OP.

the disadvantages of running too much boost are provided by the game, so i dont see a reason to ban.

Should there even be any restrictions on advanced trim settings? Regardless, I think they should be used in moderation.

And I’ve already built several test mules for this - including a big front-engined V12 luxury coupe, a mid-engined V8 sports car, and a turbocharged six-cylinder grand tourer, among other things.

1 Like

Look! It’s another Pleiades.

That’s all.

6 Likes

Unless you’re making a funny car, 6x6, semi-truck, monster truck, ambulance, etc. It would not come to our attention if you do decide to use advance trim to a certain degree

2 Likes

Well, just send me the car when you feel like you’re done with it then, and I’ll see what I can do.

I usually just do visual QOL changes in advanced settings, like brake position and rotation, engine size (I enlarge it a tad bit to be more realistic), fix rake issues and usually make the chassis tunnel size small when I try to do an interior. I think these changes are more for realism than to gain advantage.

just for a quick point of reference, this is my stance on cheese. thought it was worth mentioning in the thread

2 Likes

I got mentioned… :smiley:

I hope what I have planned won’t be considered as cheesy… but we’ll have to see.

1 Like

1982 DURENDAL 260 GTA

Since Armor Motors’ premium brand was originally based out of Australia, Durendal has always had first dibs on exporting their cars to other right-hand-drive markets, including England and Japan. The 260 GTA is no exception.

Utilizing a DOHC version of Armor’s 4.4 liter V8, Durendal paired it with All-Wheel-Drive and a manual transmission for a visceral driving experience.

7 Likes

1982 Yajirushi 2600 GT

A smooth and comfortable highway cruiser.

Gallery

8 Likes

Shameless gaijin import on its way. Might even be RHD.

The brief doesn’t say much about his transportation needs. For one thing - is Bruno just as socially inept as he was growing up, or does he have any friends that might like a ride sometime?

7 Likes

Less Than a Day Left For Rules Deliberation!

Make sure to get any questions in before the deadline!

1 Like