JOC4B - A Hero's Homecoming

i don’t mean “build a supercar beyond the price limit”, i mean “draw visual inspiration from the highest caliber supercars of the era”

Inspirations are never meant to be “Build exactly this”, they’re meant to be more along the lines of “These are the sorts of cars I’m looking for”.

“Here at Nisemono, we don’t believe that performance should be held by just the well to do or those who think they can buy into it. This is not that car, this is a car for the everyman, to show that performance can be the marquee of the masses. The Nisemono Sukairain TS-R”

3 Likes

Love the car name

2 Likes

Thank Google Translate for the name. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

1995 FMW CR12

What happens when FMW’s CR motorsport division takes the 600 Class grand-touring coupé and sticks a 6.6 litre V12 from a hypercar under the bonnet? The answer is this, the brand-new CR12. In order to stay at the forefront of high-speed luxury touring, the CR12 implements state-of-the-art, previously unseen technologies, like active dampers and an electronically controled differential, to name a couple. Geared for the Autobahn, it’s able to reach an impressive 364 km/h, with a revised chassis and aerodynamics to keep it stable and planted at such speeds, while flared fenders allow for wider, stickier tyres.

Gallery

6 Likes

Sadly, the Ultima was over budget even in the stripped-down Clubsport variant that sells for $ 55.700.

But Bruno has other options. What about the latest maccina from Italy, a Cavaliere Nobile Strato TTS evoluzione? Beautiful flipflop colors, finest leather and dedicated engineering? A design that is understated since you are a real signore, but it announces that this is an elaborate man with individual taste.
If you have a traffic jam on the autostrada, we would like you to know that this car has also been developed for twisty Italian contry roads.

CAVALIERE NOBILE RECOMMENDS EXTENDED WARRANTY.

1 Like

sorry, no fancy advertisement or description this time, just car

okay a little backstory i suppose:

In 1970, Cornell Motors wanted to broaden the scope of its performance capabilities, and so Cornell Special Works was born. A small team of engineers and designers were given free reign to help set the Cornell marque on the top step of every podium they set their eyes on.

In 1993 they decided to aim for the pinnacle of closed-wheel racing: the Global GT1 Series, and so the CSW Stellarum was born. Centered around a rock-solid, dependable 6L iron block V12, the tight bodywork was aerodynamic and the internals were purpose-built. The sole weakness of their efforts? It was heavy - the race car came in at 1600 kg, and it only saw the podium at Le Mans for it’s impressive reliability.

The governing body of the GGT1 decided to curb the inflation of ridiculously-expensive experimental development by demanding an increasing number of street-legal cars be made through the years. In 1995 this ballooned from 250 to 2000. And so, the CSW Stellarum Langenschwanz was born. The weight problem was compounded by sound deadening, creature comforts and an AWD system, but some argue that it only made the ride more supple as the tires and rims, supplied from the same manufacturers as the motorsport edition, were bolstered to handle the weight.

And it payed off, too - it’s not the fastest of the bunch, topping out at a mere 211 MPH, but it still puts up an impressive showing against the competition in handling and acceleration records. The detuned, naturally aspirated engine makes about 650 horsepower, and the engine itself is built to take on more, so it’s entirely unstressed.

Throw it around the corners. Make the engine scream in a lower gear. You know you want to.

Cornell Special Works

Gallery

7 Likes
VAM 415sr

The 415sr is a top of the line sports coupe. A twin-turbo V6 is paired with massive tires and aggressive suspension tuning to offer good performance and handling, without allowing the weight to become excessive. Aluminum body panels and a lightweight chassis contribute to the agile experience of the 415sr, but comfort is not overly compromised thanks to a comfortable interior.

I ran out of time since I'm going on vacation soon, so enjoy this low effort advertisement!
1 Like

Not a very strong bid to win, since there is not much cohesion of the parts. Maybe this car will be good for engineering solutions.

There should have been a black mirror here, and a backstory, but the computer’s power is not enough.

3 Likes

It seems that it is possible to fit a true supercar in the budget, maybe Primus is too overengineered…

Lets see how the Italian gentleman rocket holds up against it.

In preparation for this JOC, I build a pair of mid-engined test mules - one of them was based on the ~2.6m '95 Super Wedge body set and had a 500bhp 6.0L V12; the other one was built on the '90 348/F355 body set (~2.4m) and was powered by a 400bhp 3.5L flat-crank V8. Both of them had a luxury interior, but the former was the more comfortable of the pair, although the latter was sportier.

1 Like

MENU

Still as crazy as the last model that this Zephorus takes inspiration from, the Grimsel comes with a NA 6.2L V12 and 646hp to the rear wheels.

Poster

Small sidenote:
I am taking a break going on holiday and won’t be back making cars till new years ish. Cya then!

5 Likes

Submissions close in 24 hours.

I have received .car files and ads from:

@xsneakyxsimx
@Happyhungryhippo
@kaybee
@doot
@kalan
@Riley

If anyone else has made an entry but hasn’t submitted it yet, please do so before the deadline.

3 Likes

Oh, crap. I thought that there still was plenty of time, lol. I’m out. :rofl:

12 hours left until submissions close!

I have received a submission from @mart1n2005 - he has not yet posted an ad, though.

On the other hand, @the-chowi has posted an ad on this thread, but has not yet submitted the corresponding .car file.

As before, if you have entries ready, don’t forget to submit them (along with an accompanying ad posted on this thread) before the deadline.

I just about got the car done last night so I’ll have the ad up in a few hours, will be after close of the round though.

I just read the rule that the car body must be from 1980 or later. Mine uses the '72 wedge, and I even specifically made it a challenge for myself to make it look more modern and transitional than just plain Countach. But I will post it anyway - if it is to be binned because of that, at least mention what your opinion was.

1995 Bizzarro Corvo 7000

In 1980, Bizzarro made the Corvo: a mid-level Italian supercar. A true product of the 1980s, the wedgy bolide’s distinguishing feature was the ugly American lump behind the passenger compartment: As a result of the company’s long supply relationship with Arlington, the car used an aluminum-block five-liter Arlington small-block borrowed from their motorsport division. Arlington (think Ford and De Tomaso’s “friendship”) also used the Corvo as an attraction to its top Somervell dealers - then barren of sportscars following the discontinuation of the Condor - and helped distribute them in the American market.

The Corvo enjoyed some amount of fame and cultural significance, but eventually the design got old, and Bizzarro ran into financial difficulties. A bunch of investors did come through to save it, and Arlington itself grabbed a significant - though not controlling - stake in the company. Priority one: Prop up the Corvo until its successor could arrive. The result was this car… The Corvo 7000.

Out in 1992, the 7000 received a major interior quality boost, getting more bespoke and quality switchgear, an abundance of high-quality fabric and leather, and a novel, computerized CD player. The structure of the car was upgraded heavily, primarily due to Arlington sourcing lighter and stronger steel for most parts of the uniframe - and thicker aluminum skin for safety’s sake.

Most importantly, though, the Corvo moved to a big block. As implied by the “7000” emblem hanging off the supercar’s new, huge heat extraction duct, the car was now powered by a 590hp, 7-liter Arlington big block, enough to propel the car to 62 mph in 3.8 seconds and keep gathering steam until a mad top speed of 231 mph. While no true replacement for a “new model”, this massive increase in power and capacity would be enough to last the process of Bizzarro’s forced modernization and restructuring. And then… Well, they’d end up producing the GR-X hypercar.

6 Likes

4 Likes