Journey of ownership 2 - Rising Star - Part 2D (REVIEWS ON HOLD)

I already received your car in DMs and I already tagged you in a previous post

2 Likes

Well, it has not always turned out very well for Swanson :rofl:

1984 Resuki Rift GTS

The 1984 Resuki Rift is an all new entry to the Resuki lineup. Our first MR sports car, with the idea of being a true sports car for an affordable cost. It also debuts with our all new 2.0L IXS all aluminium engine. This mean the Resuki Rift is well balanced, light, and agile. Exactly what you need to have fun.

The all new engine produces 158hp. While you may think that may not be much, paired with the 5-speed manual, it allows the Resuki Rift to achieve a 0-100 time of just 5.5s, while maintaining a reasonable fuel economy of 8.4L/100km!

The interior (not modeled) features a light weight and driving focused mentality, buy removing unnecessary materials to both help reduce weight and keep the tighter cabin more spacious. While you may fear that that safety was compromised in this decision, fear not as revolutionary ABS has been added to simply reduce the chance of an accident~!

Available today for just $24900!

15 Likes

Submissions Closed!

I have received an additional post and submission from:

@Repti

If your name is not here, please let me know

Thank you for participating. The results will be released in a few days or so, or whenever I feel like it.

7 Likes

Eh, there’s a decent chance Spaceboy prefers a Phoenix, or a number of other competitors - even if I didn’t break rules this time…

2 Likes

Reviews Round 1 - The Inexcusable

aka the instabins and the especially bad cars

Red Lobster, somwhere in Florida

“Say, Kenneth.” a colleague asked, “I heard that you are looking for a new sports car!”

“Well, I just figured I’d get myself a new, fun car.” Kenneth replied, chuckling, “My Cabirou is getting old, so might as well replace it with something new!”

“Well, I can’t really recommend you cars at the moment but I CAN tell you what to NOT buy!”

Kenneth’s colleague pulled out a copy of Velocity magazine and handed it over to Kenneth.

“Alright, let’s see…”

Globus Phoenix John Player Special Edtiton

@Happyhungryhippo

“You ever heard about Globus, Ken?”

“Yeah, they’re quite alright. Not the best lookers but they certainly are solid cars.”

“That’s one way to put it. The thing is, the company is currently being investigated for supposedly stealing top-secret military tech from Lockheed. I don’t know the details or how it’s supposed to improve a sports coupe like the Phoenix, but it happened.”

“Well that’s one hell of a way to get ahead of the competition! Surely our future generations won’t resort to leaking classified military secrets to win arguments against other people on something as trivial as a military simulation game.”

“Hahaha, that would be utterly ridiculous! How’d you even come up with stuff like that?”

“Ahahahahaha!”

(Binned for having 5 TP points in the drivetrain area, exceeding the maximum limit of 4. That point could have gone somewhere else, like the body or chassis. The car provides good value for money with good enough stats, though the car is ultimately outgunned by the competition.)

BM Gumiho-84

@doot

“Hey Kenneth, you might not want to buy this one.”

“Why not? I mean sure it’s one of those new fangled hot hatchbacks and it looks decent from this angle…”

"Surely it's also going to look decent from..."

WHOA WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLL… OMAGAAAAAA NO WAYEAYEAYEAY WHAT ARE THOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?! Bad to the Bone riff plays IS HE NEXT UP OUT OF OHIO??? :moyai: :moyai: :moyai: :moyai:

“K-Kenneth? Are you alright?”

(Stats-wise, it is about average and does not offer many advantages over its competitors (while also having a higher than average purchase price). Even if it did have an edge over other cars, Kenneth would rather not have a “goofy ahh” vehicle (as the kids call it) with a comically long hood that makes it look like a shoe.)

Nerruci 320 Spyder

@04mmar

“Oh wow, an exotic Italian supercar! Shame it’s dead unreliable and also not very sporty, not to mention its style and and hydropneumatic suspension for whatever reason.”

“Shame.”

(Styling wise, you might have chosen a body that’s too round for an early 1980s car. But the real kicker here is the engineering and stats. 4v for a supercar engine, sure. But the hydropneumatic suspension is not appropriate for a car like this, and neither is the suspension tuning. This car is the least reliable of the bunch and is also consumes the most fuel. Drivability is on the lower side (expected for a mid-engined car) but sportiness is too low for what the car is. A set of sports tyres would’ve definitely helped with handling, and the engine loudness really didn’t need to be maxxed out at a precise 50.0)

More results coming soon™

15 Likes

I feel bad for this too, but I got a great laugh from the comments about the korean hatch… :lying_face:

2 Likes

the war thunder challenger leaks reference in the Globus’ bin was gold

3 Likes

About everything else, i don’t have anything to say from my part other than i messed up badly, but for the engine sound, at the time i was thinking like, "If i have a sports car, do i want it to sound like a vacuum cleaner (Porsche) or a monster… :sweat_smile:

Not all body sets are period-correct for their initial unlock year (or even the first few years thereafter), as this quote from CSR 147 taught us:

Also, most cars can get away with a loudness value of 30-38, but a performance intake increases this value to above 50 considering the change in noise calculations for 4.2.

2 Likes

And now techpool has made it worse. Bodies like the 90 series Corolla has already unlocked too early (1980) IMO, technically we could get rounds with the Corolla bodies in the late 70s now which would be totally wrong from a realism standpoint…

4 Likes

It should be worth noting that some variants of the E90 Corolla body sets bear a slight resemblance to the Ford Sierra, which came out in 1982.

Yeah, I made a Sierra clone on the body once. But there is a difference between 1982 and say 1977 when it comes to car styling.

Hosts can always stipulate that body techpool shall be set to 0…

3 Likes

The body in question, iirc, unlocks in ‘84 with 0 techpool. But using this body as soon as it unlocks is a trap, as something this bulbous and rounded just isn’t going to look like something from 1984.

6 Likes

Correction: the unlock year for the Bean body sets (all sizes) is actually 1983, not 1984. However, you are right in pointing out that it would look more appropriate for something with a base model year of around 1989 or 1990 at the earliest - which is when the NA MX-5/Miata/Eunos Roadster launched in real life.

1 Like

Alfa Spider was pretty bean-esque, but that’s the only one that comes to mind immediately from 80ish times.

And the Spider was a 60s design so I would go for some older body if I was going to make something similar. Maybe the 240Z-esque one.

4 Likes

Soooo bins = Blob, Cloudy and a Chance of Meatballs Car and War Thunder moment. Makes sense

3 Likes

Hi, some of you might be wondering why the reviews are taking a while to come out. To put it simply, I am busy with uni stuff. And also, my laptop is dead and that has been the case for the past few days.

I am still trying to get it fixed, but regardless of it getting fixed or not I’ve basically lost all data related to Automation. Fortunately I have a backup of this challenge’s data but it is incomplete. Besides, it doesn’t feel right to just judge cars without seeing them in-game.

Therefore, the next round of results will be postponed indefinitely until my laptop either runs again or gets replaced. I apologize for the delay and for not informing you all sooner, and I ask for your patience while I sort things out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding (or forgetting that the challenge exists in the first place), and I will update y’all as soon as any development happens.

In the meantime, enjoy some jazz fusion

Cheers,

11 Likes