Killrob's Fastest Car In The World Challenge, 4.2 Edition

Quite importantly we just got some fixes for engine factories and specifically contract engine factories that will make things a bit more viable:

Now you don’t pay for idle staff on contract factories!

2 Likes

This patch killed my FCITW Challenge campaign :cry:
I was working on a 1956 facelift for my next model and after the patch the factory, that was producing at full shifts for 2 years, all of a sudden had 0 employees and wasn’t making cars. Losing all my cash, looks like I will have to go back to 1950 save and hope that works.

Ahh that sucks :frowning: there were some staffing issues fixed, so something indeed might have reset or so.
In my case that allowed me to not lose all my cash through giving it to contract parasites. xD

Episode 2 is now recorded for me! 5h 15min recording time :sweat_smile: that will be tough to edit down.

thats insane! I do enjoy your videos but 30-40 minutes is good :rofl:

loading my 1950 save it looks all good, just have to redo the engine and car facelifts and redo parts of the video, probably better to wait and see what everyone else did in the challenge before finalizing my 1960 version. The company owners will not be pleased that we did not have the top speed.

can we invent turbos in time for 1960? :thinking:

1 Like

For the 60s, no :stuck_out_tongue: they unlock in 75, so even with 15 techpool you can’t get them. For the 70s if you have really good R&D you can facelift them in, maybe 68 or 69. :slight_smile:

Help the elderly players here. Can someone give me instructions on where to unzip the salt flats map?

C:\Users\(Your User)\AppData\Local\AutomationGame\Saved\UserData\Tracks

3 Likes

Man, I missed the thread! I might miss the first video deadline but I’ll definitely have to participate.

2 Likes

That’s perfectly fine :slight_smile: just send me your video link when it is ready and I’ll add it to the video description. Glad you’re going to play along!

First episode is up!

2 Likes

Same here! The first episode is up now :slight_smile: Enjoy!

2 Likes

Who else is in? Fastest Car in the World 2023 edition - YouTube

3 Likes

I won’t give up but don’t think I have what it takes to compete here, hyper cars are out of my scope.

Now give me a sports car challenge where final Automation score is the factor, I might have a shot

1 Like

Yeah, giving up is not an option :wink: or should I quit after episode 1 because Martin made minced meat out of me? haha Of course not! :smiley:
Everyone plays the challenge on their own best level and the winner is not any one of us, but the viewers (which includes us, I guess!).
Cheers

to me the fun is the learning here, seeing the outside the box thinking which helps us in all aspects of the game. Your take on the “one car per decade” rule has me rethinking the future of my company now… :thinking: I was thinking profits and making a strong company while you guys were focused on getting a single car sold, and my financial position isn’t that great anyway.

part I am struggling with is fitting the massive engines into a mid engine car, most don’t like V12s over 6.0L but the traction they give is amazing vs front engine.

1 Like

You won’t need much capacity once you get to turbos :slight_smile: but yeah, both Martin and I are using sandbox to check how large an engine we can fit in what and then aim for that in our playthrough. That will eliminate the guessing game.

Hi I am martian and killrob and since we programmed all of this we own it and now you all have to catch up" well now it is all hands down on episode two of Bad Reaction Gaming. I am racing a f"“”“”"g van. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

I thought I was watching the wrong link when I saw the van :rofl:
Drag is amazing on that thing

Then I saw Martin’s 14L or whatever it ended up being and started :cry:
attempted to do a quick new engine and contract factory to compete with it but the cost and timeframe would have killed the company.

4 Likes

I will not be posting any videos or officially participate, but I will follow along. I finally made it work and survived.

Rear-Engine Sport Car (not luxury) Fruinia Run - Made it to 1950, sold about 5 record breaking car, and have a saner light NotA365 sport car in production turning a (slim) profit.

362 km/h - Not bad for a light 6-cylinder car!

3 Likes

thats impressive for 20X difficulty start, to have company value of 32.5M and that much cash still. But burning $500K per month could be an issue :thinking: