Killrob's Fastest Car In The World Challenge, 4.2 Edition

Another decent improvement!

6 Likes

And here is the 1980s edition of Daatmer Velocity’s run :slight_smile: finally getting a little closer to the top of the competition xD

5 Likes

Today’s episode is a little delayed as I just finished recording it… again a 6h affair xD
I’ll post it here once it is up!
Cheers

Coming up at 20:15 CET!

4 Likes

Breaking another barrier! And turning up music volume in the end, too :smiley:

5 Likes

Days late - dollars short. 274 MPH for 1990 - Fastest Car in the World 2023 edition ep5 - YouTube

1 Like

Today at 18:30 CET the next episode of the challenge goes live, the year 2000 episode.
Post your videos! :smiley: This is getting fast!
Cheers

Next one!

4 Likes

The conclusion of this challenge is getting ever closer… second to last episodes, here they go!

6 Likes

Final episode with a small bonus at the end! Thanks for hosting @ Killrob, I had a lot of fun!

7 Likes

The final one is here! :smiley:

Indeed this was a lot of fun, a lot of work, and revealed various exploits and issues in the game… this is like the dev version of Kinder-eggs!

Thanks a lot to everyone who participated in one way or another and all of you who followed along either in game or on YouTube. Special thanks for @Der_Bayer to stick it out to the end without going bankrupt, despite seemingly really playing with fire a whole lot. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

7 Likes

Octane 8000 playthrough - 1980-2010

Welcome to Octane 8000 playthrough - we’re a small sports car builder out in Fruinia and we’re attempting to build the fastest car in the world running only on 12L-ish V12!

The last 30 years

Well, I did seem to have lost a bunch of screenshots when doing some cleaning up unfortunately. So here is a very quick recap of the last 30 years.

Up to know, in Jan 1981, Octane did extremely well… but that won’t be the case for the last 30 years unfortunately. Since I did all eras quickly in succession without waiting for other contestant, I did miss a LOT of tweaks or exploits :wink:

So basically the last few eras I kept my 12L-ish engine, in fact going back to 12L or even a bit lower for higher RPM since gearing was a big issue.

Here are the last 3 cars built. Being limited to only using a HUGE bay for the big engine was a downfall, while others did custom make engines to fit bays. I knew that the limitation that I forced on myself would haunt me, it was obvious hehe

1990 - Ballista

1990 Record Breaker

Top speed: 660 km/h

2000 - Catapult

2000 Record Breaker

Top speed: 731 km/h

2010 - Catapult II “Le Fastest Car” edition

2010 Record Breaker

Top speed: 767 km/h

Epilogue

So there you have it! Octane did great early on, but as tech (and exploits) expanded, it was left in the dust. Overall score is ok however, but next time I will not limit myself in such a way.

Here’s my situation at the end

Considering I did it as a speed run and limited myself, I am pretty happy here. It was a super fun challenge and learned a lot. Thanks Killrob for the challenge!

Final Score

In the end, I did break 1000 point, not that far behind Der Bayer, so it is not a complete loss.

6 Likes