|Main Quest| Leaky Roof Challenge |AutoBeam|

Ok, i have to ask. Do we ban semi slicks?

That depends. Is the car to be street legal? Do we consider semi-slicks to be barely or not legal? For the latter, I can see it either way - on one hand, “semi” implies -some- compromise, likely just the bare minimum of two rain grooves. On the other hand, there is no “race slicks” category.

2 Likes

Well, its meant to be street legal and everyone in the discord thinks they should be banned, and the entries so far dont use them. So i’ll go ban them. Semi-Slicks are banned.

How about a SAARLAND ADJUNKT ES-16 CABRIO?

It has almost all the equipment that the Adjunkt ES-16 has. Fog lamps, alloy wheels on 60 profile sports tyres, clear front indicators, “sportier” front bumper and grille treatment, hood scoop, 2-tone interior, leather steering wheel, sports tuned suspension and a 150 hp 2 litre 16 valve DOHC engine mated to a close ratio 5 speed manual gearbox.

What’s not included from the regular ES-16, however, is the roof.

4 Likes

This will be especially important for anyone using a body set that lacks actual convertible body styles.

1 Like

PRESENTING:

1992 AERO KEAI

Penultimate Edition

Version 2.3

The Keai, one of my most re-used car models, originally set out to prove its perfectly possible to have fun on a tight budget, without sacrificing reliability or livability. Now, with plans to rebuild it in the near future, I've decided to send off the old one with as much fun and fast as I can fit into its final form.

An aggressive cam profile turns its 659cc engine into a fire-breathing monster, achieving 63 horsepower with an exciting, powerful roar, and without a turbocharger. When bolted to the Keai’s short transmission and go-kart handling, this engine has the power to feel 3 times faster than it really is.

The Keai has also been fitted with proper sports tires, a weight-shedded sport interior, and re-balanced handling to give it a bit more kick in the corners. It also sports a red-on-white visual package to further hammer home the theatrics.

Specs

Engine: 659cc I3, DOHC 4
Weight: 830kg - 1830lb
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Weight Distribution: 55% front - 45% rear
Fuel Economy: 6.7 l/100km - 35mpg

Peak Power: 63hp @ 7600 RPM
Peak Torque: 51lb/ft @ 5700 RPM
Top speed: 140kph - 87mph (limited)
0-60 - 11.8 seconds
Cornering: 1.08g @ 20m

4 Likes

I remember the Aero Keai from various prior challenges - it’s a kei car, so it’s hardly the last word in speed, but it should be light enough to make optimal use of what little power it has.

As for my entry, I liked the premise of LRC so much that I made two test mules - a two-seat roadster with a big pushrod V8, and a larger four-seat convertible powered by a smaller, less powerful straight-six. Normally, I would be torn between the two, but since each entrant can submit up to two cars, I am seriously considering submitting both of them - after their engineering and exterior designs (along with interior designs, if I choose to give either or both of them fully detailed interiors) have been finalized.

Also, where exactly in America did Richard move to, and from where did he emigrate?

1 Like

I have trouble believing that its a 660cc engine… Im pretty sure i saw it being a 950cc engine lmao

The family is 950, the variant is 660.

Can’t remember why, I first made the family over a year ago and have never changed the variant size. Maybe I’d wanted to accommodate an “export” version that never happened…?

3 Likes

1992 Lightning Garage LG5

Old on the outside, new on the inside

Gallery

13 Likes

Siiiiiick!

No submission yet… just wondering if it will be worth it reworking a previous comp car for this…

3 Likes

Looks pretty good, i accept any entries. You can always make 2.

1 Like

VosTec Pocket Rocket CC

Have you ever wanted to own a Lotus but you thought they were too safe? Then the Pocket Rocket is the car for you!

With 160hp and just 880kg this deathtrap goes from 0 to 100km/h in 6.18s, while fibre glass panels and reduced safety will make sure you die once you inevitably crash.

Also the suspension is too soft because I had to get to minimum comfort. Enjoy the ride :)))

5 Likes

Oops, i forgot to respond to your message. Richard is from the UK and he is in Miami.

Bonus points for scrawling “NASCAR sucks” on the side, then?

4 Likes

The 1992 Ryuji Goemon RS Turbo Cabriolet
1.6l DOHC turbo four, 170hp, 5 speed manual, all wheel drive, the ultimate small Japanese roadster

7 Likes

Two complete oddballs this time.

The more noticeable one is the RoadBurners Wright Stuff. Originally built in 1/64th scale for use with the RoadBurners classic neon-green track, this version is actually drivable. Rumor has it that the rocket engine actually works, but everyone’s a little too scared to actually fuel it up and find out. What is known is that it’s bound to turn heads, even with the wings and tail detached and stored in your garage.

The other one is a Sinistra Grand Traville. Unfortunately, this is not the 600 horsepower UltraViolet package, with the custom highly-metallic purple paint, purple-trimmed seats, 5.2 liter SOHC-4 V8 with VVL and VVT (Known in Sinistra terms as SinCam), and twin turbochargers. No, this is the exact opposite of that beautiful monster of a car. This is the LC-2600 Skyliner. It’s what happens when you tick all the options boxes for a nice car, and then choose the cheap shitbox engine. You get a 2.6 liter SOHC-4 I4 with just VVT, because it doesn’t rev far enough to deserve need VVL. It makes a bit over 100 horsepower, and has a semi-close-ratio 6-speed manual gearbox attached… So that it can actually reach highway speed in an appropriate amount of time.

Whether you’re a high-flying ace, or a businessman who puts the ass in “class”, we’ve got a car for you.

6 Likes

Excelent! Time for people’s supercar comrade!

4 Likes

Zephorus Autos

logo3

1992 Edition
Zephorus Canyon

Mid engined V8

Available in select colours
Or made to order
Marble White

Sicily Red

Sky Blue

Montasio Yellow

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Top trim model shown, actual model may change in final submission.
12 Likes