|Main Quest| The BBB |AutoBeam|

Is the -3 minimum quality per tab or entire car

1 Like

Not entierly sure what you mean, but it means that every part can be -3. It does not stack, so you can make any part of the car -3 (or anything above). You can do this as many times as you like.

In my mule building, you’re going to need that -3 quality everywhere, too. IMO start there and work your way up if you can. My first attempt with a fiberglass kit car ended up at like 9070 all tapped out. 2nd attempt with rusty steel finally got me there. Fun and challenging! The car is not fast.

Oh @Djadania I meant to ask, how are you setting up Beam? On my T248 wheel, I have the nannies off and it can be a real handful. There’s oversteer and understeer correction to play with, so was curious what your settings will be. Rotation might also be important.

Anybody able to fit a V8 yet?

1 Like

Yep, that was the plan. Not many rules, but the rules which are there push you to the limits.

Yes. If you keep the car simple enough, a V8 can fit into the budget nicely.

1 Like

The tractor shown in the video has a 6 liter I6, so im pretty sure that much more than that is possible. I would expect a V12 to easily be possible with some “price cutting”.

Yep I’ve found that trucks can do it. I have an entry coming shortly.

2 Likes

Hey I didn’t see in the rules what the challenge is? What are the most stats we should be competing for?

1 Like

First entry:

FPG (Floyd Prototype Group) TR50

Sporting a 5.0L OHV V8 with 250 HP, AND All Wheel Drive, and semi-slicks. Can do SPA in under 2:45 min

3 Likes

just to make it clear, we’re talking about the approximate price on the detail page for the trim and not material costs right?

The price is about 3x the material costs so handy to be sure about this :wink:

2 Likes

There are no specific “Prefrences”. In AutoBeam challenges, the challenge is almost always just build the fastest car you can + styling, and occasionally stuff like fuel economy and comfort.

DoubleTrouble strikes again.

2 Likes

May i ask how its going with everyones cars, and if anyone is making a dragster?

I actually ended up building a pretty competent (maybe?) budget track car. Just finalizing the aero and modeling it after a dreaded early '80’s GM X-car.

2 Likes

I’m wondering what top speed everoyne has achieved I might need to make some adjustments if everyone is really fast :o

3 Likes

Currently the average is somewhere in the 190 kmh (i think). I’m currently above 200kmh in my Ef-Vorte.

Are there any long straights they’ll be raced on? I was able to save money by putting a speed limiter on my car. It’s currently set at 140 mph.

2 Likes

Im thinking of using the italy highway, though that is a maybe. Majority will be medium to low speed though, so you should be fine.

2 Likes

I just realized you were talking about km/h. 140 mph is what, 225 km/h?

2 Likes

Yeah. You should be one of the fastest. People liking downforce.

2 Likes