|Main Quest| The BBB |AutoBeam|

I added an interior to my TR50, so it is more fun to drive in Beam. I also added the “export camera” fixtures, I recommend everyone do that to make it easier on Djadania.

TR50

And for my second entry,
The Prototype Group’s Cheetah.

This is a retro-rod that was built with minimal f’s to give, and its 268 HP and 4 speed transmission can tear up most tracks.

7 Likes

Nice hot-rod! Thanks for the interiors btw, i don’t need them, but its a nice addition.

Yeah in Beam, it can get a little annoying to make it feel “right” without one. Even just the reference point of a dash and wheel is enough, IMO. OR, head to the hood cam and maybe lift it up a few inches, that’s not bad.

1 Like

I love the interior cams. I recently figured out how to actually use them, and my experience went through the roof. I focus on the road though, so it usually doesn’t really matter if its placed well. Even blocking the chassis is enough for me, to be fair. That helps with stopping all the shinyness from the metal.

Yes, and oh yeah, turn off that “bloom” setting in Beam, my goodness that’s awful.

1 Like

Nice car! I’ve tried to use the camera fixtures, but I don’t think I’m doing it right. Is there a special trick to them? How did you put them on and get them to work? I tried to use them as a 3d fixture and it didn’t go well.

3 Likes

I recently figured this out, its pretty stupid. You want the “Flat Part” pointing up, so you should start from placing it on the roof, instead of the bumper. Otherwise i don’t think it will work, and will default to the standard camera. Apart from that, just place it with 3d stuff and try to align it with the seat, and it should be perfect. I’ll post a picture soon.

2 Likes

Here you go. Ignore the positioning above the seat. You basically just do this, and it should work. Do the same with the hood cam. Keep in mind it zooms in pretty far.

2 Likes

In progress build. Any suggestions? (Yes, for this challenge)

3 Likes

So, who would ever find inspiration from an early '80’s Pontiac Phoenix, or Oldsmobile Firenza?! Certainly not a sane person!

Introducing the TOTALLY ORIGINAL 1982 Armor Firefox S/T

We’ll see how well it does performance-wise. I still think it needs Aruna’s Snowflake wheel mod. Damn you 4.27!

3 Likes

1982 Miller Imola 4.0 S

204hp 4.0 Inline 6, much torque, much thirst, little comfort…

This is a 2 years older base spec version of the Imola GT/E in JOC2D - Figuring Out

Gallery

7 Likes

Suprisingly, i really like it. Also, don’t worry about mods. I have literally every single one downloaded (my storage is crying). Also, @Ch_Flash that car looks pretty damn sick.

2 Likes

nice looking cars so far.

@Djadania yes, I’m joining in too. I took a break because my first build which I thought was a nice race car was 10secs slower than Lanson’s truck on spa ;p

I take it the deadline is on midnight of the 13th? which timezone?

2 Likes

I’ll say Atlantic Standard Time, but i don’t really care if you do it on your timezone. I’m exporting the cars on Saturday anyways, so it doesn’t really matter if you are a bit late. I’ll see them when i wake up. Also, remember that some people just make absurdly fast cars, i don’t know how some of them do it (Especially DoubleTrouble, his first entry is pretty insane.)

The Cheetah is slower than the TR50 on SPA as well, but faster in other places. I’m not sure how I managed the run, maybe I just had a really good line. The TR50 not only has AWD, it also has ABS somehow. No doubt the truck bodies have a price advantage to do that. The Cheetah was a very close fit to get to 9 grand, even had to drop a transmission gear.

2 Likes

Yeah, i noticed that. Truck bodies have a bit of an advantage, though you have the problem of trucks usually having a long wheelbase and being heavier. There is the small truck from like the 40s, but that thing flips at the sight of a corner.

Just so everyone knows, Automation just updated how suspension tuning is exported into BeamNG. My car is a bit more slidey than it was before. Make sure to test before submitting! (if you can).

1 Like

Interesting.

To everyone make sure that this doesn’t happen too much.

4 Likes

Finally, my cars are done. Since i cant fairly do style points for my cars, I’ll ask you guys.

First car:
The BetterDeals Firestick, an absolute FWD monstrosity. It has a truck bed, a fully modelled interior and the fear of cones.
Pros: Light, and decent power.
Cons: Shits itself at the sight of a cone, extremely dangerous and being a BetterDeals.

0 voters

Car 2:
The BetterDeals Ef-Vortie T12, another monstrosity that looks suspiciously like a late 80s supercar. The T12 stands for 12 turbo badges (which it doesnt have, it has 17). It is said that it inspired Enzo Ferrari to build the F40. What a shameless man. Has a fully modelled interior.
Pros: Looks like a supercar, and 17 turbo badges.
Cons: Looks like a supercar, 17 turbo badges and is a BetterDeals.

0 voters

1 Like

Yo, could you extend the date to the end of this Saturday? Because I got classes this week.

1 Like