Mille Monti 1953 [PROCESSING]

I think this is countered by the desirability tanking when you fail the safety standards

600cc Sport car making it in 12:21… i feel like it would be disrespectful to the other competitors to submit a +12 hours vehicle, so let’s go back to the drawing board :b

modded body? flat 4 engine? 20 min faster than mine best 840cc sport

I’m so terrible at this game, but it’s really fun. My first try was a total mess ( the approximative cost of my car was 66.400 and the reliability was lame but I learned a little, I’m gonna try again tomorow but don’t expect my shitbox to win the Corso d’Eleganza, I am no designer.

Good luck to everyone and thanks Der Bayer. I can’t wait to see your cars and I’m hoping some of you will upload them to Beamng

3 Likes

I believe “car (not engine) reliability” means Overall Reliability (Reliability score from Statistics Screen / Detail Stats tab)

Or does this mean “Only Car Reliability” excluding the engine?

I’m asking because abg7’s comment mentioned entering 70 “trim reliability” into the spreadsheet, which I assume is “Only Car Reliability”.

yes, i believe it means overall reliability

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!
First time competitor here, joining with probably modest performer in 850cc S class.
My little Pico was able to score a “whopping” 13:15:31. Feel free to use it as a benchmark.

12 Likes

It’s the total reliability, since the engine affects a lot of the total time. The spreadsheet stops penalizing after 60 reliability, I would recommend focus at least 50 if the performance compensate the penalty… If you are having difficulty raising the number, take a better look on your engine design.

2 Likes

That’s 44 minutes faster than my 1300cc Touring car :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

I usually spend my free time getting beat by Der Bayer while sim racing, for this challenge I decided to spend some time getting beat in a whole new universe. I’ve only done some cursory fiddling in automation, so I am taking my time on my creation for this challenge. I saw how high the bar was set in the the last challenge, I want to try to get there.

For now, meet the Carrossier Diminutif Bouffée MM, powered by a Atelier Diminutif Chuchoteuse Quatre 1100MM powerplant making 79.6hp and 66.2 lb-ft of torque. Light, agile, quiet, and MM modified, this plucky little French runabout is ready for the glamour and joy the 1953 Mille Monti!

This 1.1L Sportscar is around the 12 hour mark for completion as of now, but I refuse to submit my entry until I confirm it’s as good as I can get it.

9 Likes

I do have a question for you @Der_Bayer, does the covered passenger seat violate the “two seats” rule? I set the amount of seats to two in the car builder itself.

1 Like

Yeah but if its still above 80% (which it is) theres p much no downsides :smile:

Entering the design phase, Ive come to a bit of a cross roads.

When researching the cars that joined the 1953 Mille Miglia, i noticed that a lot if not all of them had no bumpers whatsoever. They were smooth seemingly welded shaped sheets of metal. Some like the windshield base and hood had rivets but they were not plastered all over at every panel edge. The rear lights and overall look is simple.

This made my design look very plain. And seeing some submissions i saw rivets, bumpers vents and all the other small things slapped on to make it look detailed and busy. I admit they looked great. I felt they had more chance of winning the design competition because they look great even though theirs are less realistic.

I thought maybe the real cars didn’t have bumpers and so many rivets because of the aerodynamics or lack of safety regulations at the time. But there are no aerodynamic consequences for fixtures in automation so it wont hurt performance, it’ll just affect realism which could be argued unimportant in this case. Either way Im curious to how yall would approach this.

2 Likes

I can only say that personally I’ve gone with bumpers as I agree with you, I find it looks better. I guess a case could be made that bumpers should only be fitted if you’ve fitted the appropriate safety package, that is, anything other than ‘none’. I’ve personally not followed that though.

And for whatever it’s worth, here are some fine MM racers that appear to have fitted bumpers, so it certainly happened, at least in the touring class!

3 Likes

My little submission, sport car with a 731cc engine, 530kg body and almost nothing else.

A Picture of the alveare on its natural state, broken on the side of the road !

I have absolutely no hopes of winning anything, but it was fun.

11 Likes

@Der_Bayer There appears to be a mistake in the spreadsheet, it’s showing my +6 body techpool as illegal. Is this intentional or not?

Try entering 6 without plus sign.

1 Like

That doesn't work either

Works for me. You sure you didn’t accidentally change an unintended calculation? Make sure there is only a 6 in that field, no spaces or anything.

nothing else, still same message