Mille Monti 1953 [PROCESSING]

Screenshot 2024-04-04 161201
anyone in the 850cc sports class getting garbage times like this, wondering if im on pace or not…

1 Like

50 entries and still weeks to go… starting to look like a traffic jam for the 2000+ category

If Der Bayer is going to feature every entry in the first introduction video… thats lookin like a pretty long vid.

o7

5 Likes

My personal best is listed above - 13:07:04.
Starting from high 13:30s I think 12+ is possible but one optimization session per sitting otherwise my brain would melt completely. But you can also see some brave claims going under 12h mark… not my league thou :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

At the moment I’m running a 1.9 liter Touring in 12:38:25 versus a 2.4 liter Touring in 12:29:59. Probably close enough in time to warrant running the smaller.

Hoping I can do better though, as these are both with an inline configuration. But I haven’t seen many other Touring entries yet, so hard to know if that’s a good benchmark.

Compared to the real life numbers (and adjusted for the longer race length), I’m about 4 hours behind the best Touring in the real event (~30th place).

I had also these kind of times, but since than I could get it down to a 12:30. My tips would be, to try and minimise the time penalties, as that can be as much as 1h, with a goal of 60 drivability and reliability, and 20 comfort (I didn’t get it to that, but much closert than in the beginning by sacrifising a bit of performance). The other tip is to use the toe and Der Bayer mentioned in his video, it gave me 20 minutes of raw time. Still I have no idea how to get the car under the 12h mark, but I hope I can get there until the end of the competition. :smiley:

Saying all these, in the real Mille Miglia the winning time was 10:37, and the best 750cc sports car was 14:15, so even if in the Mille Monti this time can be improved, this would have been a really good time in the real competition. Have fun, and don’t give up, I think your car has a sub 13h time in it for sure if not less :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My 850cc is doing 11h45m right now, though I think I will compete in the 1100cc category so I’ll give you some tips. Design the engine for midrange torque and power while still allowing it to rev past 6.5-7k RPM. The automation testing does not downshift unless it is under half the rev range, so if you have a 7k rpm redline, it will not downshift until 3.5k, so you need to have enough torque at 3.5k to accelerate. Mess with your gearing, you want to be near redline on legs 3 and 4 while not hitting it.

Other than that, keep comfort and reliability near max, and mess with your toe front and rear as Der Bayer explained in his youtube video, more specifically -1 front, 1 rear. My 850cc is now at 449.3kg and 55.8hp, though I sacrificed some weight and power for reliability and comfort so it can be optimized more. I think the top 850cc will go sub 11.5h, though I’m not good enough for that HAHAHA This is my first competition so I still have much to learn

7 Likes

I have 11:33:07 in my 2000cc Sports car.

850cc sport is getting crowded

Managed a 66.8 HP with an 8800 redline boxer. In hindsight and after reading this thread, I probably should have fidgeted more with the gearing and perhaps not so much sacrificed reliability. But what is done is done. This is my first submission to any challenge. It’s faster when i drive in BeamNG…

12 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve tested a bit after subimiting my car :disappointed:, and a competive time should be close 12h and 30 minutes or less. I even think that someone may break the 12h mark, but I’m not that good

This is my first time cracking at engineering. I have been designing for 98% of my total game hours. Hearing people get faster times compared to several prototypes for different classes and what not. I feel like im missing something.

Is there a lot of cheese that experienced players can use in this specific challenge or has that been limited by the rules and i just need better tuning.

dont be soo fixated at not having penalties, that may help I guess

From your friends at Van Zandt and Mayflower,

Welcome the 1950 Mayflower Emissar Super Touring, entering the Touring <2000 category.

The very first car sporting Van Zandt’s premium Mayflower marque - and our engineers’ first truly sporting car, the Emissar is a two-door four-seat coupe for the busy weekday commuter with a restless full family to entertain on weekends. It’s a dedicated tourer that’s so fun to drive, the destination hardly even matters.

Among a sea of small sporties, this standout Gasmean dream machine is sure to turn heads - it’s not commonly spotted in Fruinia! Nevertheless, the entry is a capable automobile under a confident team and the Mayflower engineers are eager to bring a good show.

Under the hood is a 1.9 liter engine in signature inline-six configuration with dual cams and twin carbs producing 95 horespower. (Super Touring is also available in 2.4 liter with 101 horsepower)

16 Likes

Yeah i gained 30 milliseconds of raw time in exchange for 30 drivability from 50…

That doesnt sound worth it

Read my previous comment for tips on breaking the 12h mark. My guess is that top runners in 850cc will be around 11h30m. I ran a 11:45 already, but I won’t submit as I might go for the 2000cc instead as I want to get a sub 10h45 (hopefully). Top runners in 2000cc+ are running 10h I think, which is quite insane.

I need to figure out how some people are running at 0.95 lateral G, I keep hitting a wall at 0.9-0.91

1 Like

By running 10h u mean sub 11h or legit near 10 bcs getting my 2000+cc slightly below 11 is painful already.

From what I’ve seen on the discord, the fastests guys are doing around 10:40. Fastest I’ve seen on s850 is just under 11:20h.

Personally, I just broke the 11h barrier on s2000.

Looks great! Can’t wait to see all the giant grand tourers next to all the leetle sports cars and 850cc tourers!

1 Like

I expect either mid to low 10s. I’m currently working on a 2000cc car and I am now at 11.03 with room for optimizing. Right now, it’s a bit heavy and not that much hp. I need to mess with the fundamentals a bit more. The issue I am finding with big engined cars is weight balance, my 850cc-1100cc cars have engines weighing close to 100kg, while my 2000cc is at around 160-170kg. I could go with a longer bore shorter stroke which would lower the weight by 15-20kg, but that would also drastically hurt hp and performance on legs 3 and 4

2 Likes

My god man, thanks for all the tips. Hope it’ll help but i still feel like the drawing guy getting lost in the numbers department.

o7