Mille Monti 1953 [PROCESSING]

Yeah I thought about including it, but then ignored it, as the fuel eco numbers from Automation do not represenent consumption during racing conditions. More sophisticated calculations would have been necessary, but for the sake of simplicity I didn’t include it this time.

It is way too expensive to be viable for the touring category in my opinion. Money can be spent better in other areas. I do not need to forbid mediocre part choices.
If you can find a use for it, go for it.

Rule Update 3

Unfortunately another rule update is necessary:

• no use of Tire Diameter slider in advanced trim settings to obfuscate running tiny tires
  • Suspension toe is limited to values between -1 and +1 degree (both front and rear axle). There are advantages to be gained with regards to cornering when you go to these extremes.

Thanks for the transparency in the Discord making me aware of these topics!

The spreadsheet has been updated accordingly. I don’t know if I can make changes to the soon to be published announcement video though, probably I will just add a pinned comment there.

1 Like

One last question: For those of us who are running the beta version, which version is the stable one? Sorry if this makes me sound like a dunce. I looked at the other versions, is it the one that says “final”?

Stable release is not a beta. You’ll have to opt out of any beta to avoid any possible issues with stats.

2 Likes

Ok. How do I do that?

Choose “None” in the beta drop down.

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s what I was already in lol.

2 Likes

I’ve realized the benchmark car in the performance spreadsheet may not be the best point of reference for my own car’s performance, since it’s purposefully illegal. Does anyone know what an average overallrace time for the 1100cc and 1300cc classes are, so I can gauge the relative performance for both versions of my car and figure out which to submit?

Why would you submit the lower-performing of your two? I’ve been hearing mid-11 to low-12 hours from 1300cc people.

The times were realistic for a legit 1100cc car, with room for improvement. I just entered wrong values into the self scrutineering part, so that everybody takes a proper look there. :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure the challenge rules have incentives for lower classes

Ah, okay then. Maybe going full-on reliability wasn’t the best idea for my 1100 version.

Are interiors necessary outside of the style voting?

No, a basic interior which looks good from the outside should do the job. Things are a bit more important if you want to build a roadster, as the interior is more exposed. I won’t enforce building interiors, but the voters in the design vote probably will prefer a bit of interior.

Alright, dankeschön Mr. Bayer :3

from a visual standpoint could i do something like this but with the added stuff needed to be street legal?

2 Likes

Those look nice, but

im talking about the design, ignore the livery. and these cars are from the 50’s so this is periord correct stuff anyways

I’m pretty sure stuff like this is fine regardless. Besides, didn’t a few of these have road legal fittings at some point anyways? I know at least some contemporary endurance racers competed in the Mille Miglia and Carrera Panamericana, so it’s possible.

yes most of it has street examples but the inspration list doesnt really have anything thats that racey like the stuff i shown

like these are the closest and they aint that “race like” like the stuff i shown