Multi-Speed CVT with (Artificial) Programmable Ratios

A CVT (continuously variable transmission) is now available in the Ellisbury Update, however, I found out that the transmission itself yet to have the ability to adjust ratios (I understand that it can be varied continuously over its range), even though many modern (1990s onwards) CVTs does have multiple (artificial) programmable ratios, so please hear me out for a suggestion.

Figure 1: 0 to 100 km/h (0 to 62 mph) is at 7.4 seconds with 26 km/h (16 mph) first gear, although sportiness values are ironically at 5.7 despite shorter acceleration times.

Figure 2: 0 to 100 km/h (0 to 62 mph) is at 7.9 seconds with higher sportiness values at 11.1 despite 0.5 seconds slower with 48 km/h (30 mph) first gear.

Figure 3: 0 to 100 km/h (0 to 62 mph) is now 12.2 seconds with 91 km/h (56.5 mph) first gear, although sportiness values have been increased to 13.6 despite longer acceleration times.

Although multi-speed CVTs are common among many Japanese manufacturers nowadays, such as Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Suzuki and Subaru, so here are some European cars with multi-speed CVTs: Opel Astra K with L3T E-Turbo engine (7 programmable ratios)
Ford C-Max (first generation)/Focus (second generation, in Asia-Pacific and Europe) (7-speed Durashift)
Fiat Punto (second generation)/Albea (Speedgear, from 5 ratios in Albea to 6 or 7 ratios in the second-generation Punto)
Rover 25/45 and MG F/MG TF (6-speed Stepspeed)
Audi A4 (B6 to B8)/A5 (8T)/A6 (C5 to C7)/A7 (4G8) with front-wheel-drive layout and SEAT Exeo (6 or 7-speed multitronic)
Renault Megane/Fluence/Captur/Austral and Dacia Logan/Sandero/Duster (7 or 8-speed Jatco, also shared with Nissan thanks to Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance)
Mercedes-Benz A-Class (W169)/B-Class (W245) (7-speed 722.8 Autotronic)

3 Likes