Muscle/Pony Car Sharing Thread

I had a quick scroll through to make sure there wasn’t any overlap, but I couldn’t find any dedicated threads to share any muscle car or pony car builds so… here is one. Can be any era, so both vintage and modern builds are welcome to be shown.

To kick things off, my current iteration of the Ascot Renegade 450S, with an interior. Sporting a 450 ci V8 making 300 hp, this 1963 model is good for a 7 second 0 - 60 MPH, 15.4 1/4 Mile and a Top Speed of 140 MPH straight from factory and in refined comfort.

3 Likes

Now for something a bit more modern - an '80s pony car I call the Bearclaw.

I made several trims of this one - they are as follows.

Back row, left to right: 1980 5.0 GT (silver) - 175bhp 5.0L carbureted V8; 1982 5.0 GT TBI (blue) - 200bhp 5.0L SFI V8; 1984 5.0 GT EFI (black) - 220bhp 5.0L MPEFI V8; 1987 5.0 GT Competition Pack (white) - 225bhp 5.0L MPEFI V8; 1987 5.7 GT (yellow) - 240bhp 5.7L MPEFI V8. Front row, left to right: 1987 5.0 GT Touring Pack (green) - 200bhp 5.0L MPEFI V8; 1989 5.7 GTS (red) - 250bhp 5.7L MPEFI V8.

All of the V8s listed above have a cast-iron block and heads, as well as an OHV valvetrain with 2 valves per cylinder. However, the Competition Pack adds a stiffer suspension tune over the base model, whereas the Touring pack has a softer one instead.

4 Likes

1976 Sampo Ravi-RS

The Ravi-RS is the perhaps slightly oddly designed brother of the Sampo Melodia sedan, your standard body on frame rwd sedan with a measley 3.5l engine. The Ravi-RS however does with a slightly more adequate 6.0l V8, pushing out a (this is the 70’s we’re talking about) glorious 338hp straight to the rear wheels with none of your silly sophisticated independent rear supensions, bah. And it was a Finnish market car so it didn’t even get choked like the US muscle cars, checkmate!

Comparison photos between the base Melodia sedan and the Ravi-RS coupé:

The styling is clearly much more subdued on the Melodia, it misses out on the six headlight look of the Coupé, plus the locking glass shield over the license plate in the front, which probably is just an annoying part to replace if it breaks. Why’d they put it on? Who knows.

Also also, sequential indicators :3

I haven’t been posting much of my stuff on the forums for a long time cause I haven’t been very confident in my designs but I might as well dump them somewhere. I have too many brands anyway.

2 Likes

Holy shoebacca that is fuckin beautiful, I love people who can get that body to work

2 Likes

Flawless design, now that’s a car that like. What photo scene did you use here?

2 Likes

I chose the Highway Overpass scene, which is part of the legacy photo scene mod pack.

@IDK158 the Super variants (resembling an A70 Supra, hence the name) of the E90 Corolla-esque body sets can actually be made to look good very easily for 1980 (when they first become available, assuming 0 tech pool points on the body), and even into the first half of the 1990s, if you know what you’re doing.

And this specific generation of Bearclaw has struts up front and a coil-sprung live axle at the rear on a steel monocoque chassis - but its immediate successor (if I ever make one) will most likely have more advanced underpinnings. All seven trims shown, however, do have detailed interiors, 2+2 seating (the maximum for this body type) and all.

1 Like

How did you get them to act sequential?

3 Likes

I have this car model I call the Contester.

I only have pics of it in my old archives because the updates previous have borked it, and I’ll have to start over. QFC3 winner

This is the 1970 (trackday) version. Bear in mind this was one of my very first Automation models quite some time ago.

I’m working on the 2005 version for a competition. The Contester is the Mustang (or…Challenger) of my lineup.

5 Likes

You could use one of the revised '88 Indicator body sets to remake the '05 Contester - specifically, the one with a 2.7m wheelbase and a fastback coupe body style.

2 Likes

Just use two different indicator reflector materials for the lights for old american style sequentials. One circled in blue for the outer side light of the two, otherwise the “animation” indicates towards the middle of the car.

4 Likes

did the body for the more modern one get yeeted?

1 Like

It was replaced by several similar-looking body sets - the '88 Indicator. Each one comes in a wide range of body styles, with wheelbases ranging from 2.55m to 3.0m.

1 Like

but I want my 850 body :agony:
seriously tho it should be in the legacy body pack

2 Likes

The closest vanilla body in the latest version is this:

It’s the mid-sized '88 Indicator body, with a 2.7m wheelbase and a fastback pillarless coupe body style.

1 Like

It’s there but the morphs changed.

2 Likes

Using an old body (even older than some of the grill sauces in my garage) from the Kee era is always something that won’t satisfy you in 2022. Nevertheless, I have a soft spot for the 90s Camaro shape, and so I gave it a try.

And yes, it looks meeh. There is a reason why these outdated bodies are actually only used by creators that feel nostalgic.

Nevertheless: This is the 1993 Globus Phoenix, available as SC and GT trim. The car was not a total flop, but it overall failed to succeed due to wrong market placement (too expensive for a muscle, too rough for a real GT) and the unusual design.

5 Likes

It’s not actually a bad design by any means, but there’s a good reason why that body wasn’t remastered as a vanilla option for any UE4 release: shortly after the first UE4 version came out, the Z15A/Z16A GTO/3000GT body sets were introduced as a mod, before becoming vanilla later on - and despite having a similarly rounded shape, its overall proportions are generally superior. That said, you have done a good job with the '90 F-Body mod.

2 Likes

One thing that usually looks good, especially big and bold, is font with some of the vertical scale turned down. I usually start at .5 (50%).

That trick may pay off on the back lettering.

1 Like

1967-69 VAUGHN SILVERBIRD

The Vaughn Silverbird was introduced for the 1967 model year. It was Vaughn’s first entry in the pony car segment.

There was three trim levels available. The base model (shown on the picture) was only called the “Silverbird”. Then there was the “Silverbird Rallye”, which was mostly an appearance package, and the muscle trim, the “Silverbird GTC”.

You could get the Silverbird with both the classic Vaughn V8 or a newly developed, overhead camshaft inline six. There was options like disc brakes and a clutch pack LSD available, as well as an automatic 3-speed transmission or a 4-speed manual instead of the standard 3-speed manual. The GTC always had the high performance version of the V8, as well as 4 speed manual transmission, clutch pack LSD, spoilers, alloy wheels on radial tyres and disc brakes, among other features.

The available body types were a 2 door convertible (only available in the “Rallye” trim level) or a 2 door coupé. Though this story was short, and already in 1970 the second generation Silverbird was launched.

8 Likes

me who only started playing last year using these bodies like any other body

1 Like