Next Update?

Hey Dev’s

Just wondering is there a proposed release date for the next update? Like an actual date?

[quote=“Camshaft91”]Hey Dev’s

Just wondering is there a proposed release date for the next update? Like an actual date?[/quote]

I’m guessing that “When it is completed” is the right answer as always. :slight_smile: If you did look at the latest Youtube-video the release should be really close but that depends on which kind of bug has been found in the last few days.

They said around this time. So just be patient. I rather have a bugfree next update with nice features that took them a bit longer than releasing it early and have a game that crashes continously.

Ohh, it will definitely not be bug free, that is for certain, but we try to get rid of all the game breaking stuff of course.
Right now we are in the final tweaking and bugfixing phase. It’s going a bit slow because the guys down under are moving country, but we should see an open beta release probably within a week.

[quote=“Killrob”]Ohh, it will definitely not be bug free, that is for certain, but we try to get rid of all the game breaking stuff of course.
Right now we are in the final tweaking and bugfixing phase. It’s going a bit slow because the guys down under are moving country, but we should see an open beta release probably within a week.[/quote]

Every time you post something now I read it in your voice.

We now return you to your regular program.

So you mean to tell me I’ve got to wait another week? I don’t know if I can make it another week… lol

Ahh man, for you we’d wait two more weeks too! If you prefer it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not sure if I should answer with “yes” or “no”… :confused:

[quote=“SamSheepDoq”]

within a week.
So you mean to tell me I’ve got to wait another week? I don’t know if I can make it another week… lol[/quote]

I know the feeling was hoping a release before this weekend, wanted to spend hours making cars n sending them around the test yrack…thats what im looking foward to the VERY most!!!

I’m just looking forward to accurate weight ratings, smoother rides, new car bodies, making fast lap times, competing in the community games, etc.

Killrob, will our engines be compatible in this release or will we have to do the file editing trick?

I think the engines will probably be compatible, the platforms are NOT, so much has changed there. :slight_smile: If no beta tester jumps in here and confirms or denies the engine compatibility, I’ll have a try later today.

Yeah, old engines still should work.

Huzza! Thanks guys, can’t wait for this release :slight_smile:

I know it’s about to kill me :astonished:

Is there no way to have the old platforms compatible? By my understanding, not much was changed in the actual platform screen and more in the model editor. Does this mean that, like the engines in previous updates, we can change the platform’s “Game Build”, but not the model? Please excuse my primitive understanding of the inner politics within game updates :smiley:

Gt1cooper, I’m obviously not a developer, but I’m sure that if the structure of the .lua file for platforms has been changed, then editing the build number won’t make it compatible. I hope you didn’t invest too much time into your designs. I certainly won’t until the game is fully finished.

So would you say within the week? I just hope it isnt on April 1st :open_mouth:

So will it be out my the end of the first week of April? Any chance we can see it this week sometime?

That would mean today… so no, there is exactly 0% chance of that :wink: First week of April, yes, probability 90% there.