Nolden Automobil GmbH

1945 - August 21st
Nolden Automobil GmbH was founded after WW II by Thomas Nolden in Germany. Because of the economy after the war, just a few people could buy cars. Noldens goal was to make safe, reliable and tameable cars for the richer people.

1946 - August 24th
Nolden Cruiser I Saloon

Nolden presented his first car to the public. It is the Saloon version of the Nolden Cruiser and is available with 3 Engines and 2 Interiors.

Also three engines are presented and will be used at least till the end of the decade.
Nolden 1946 V8 5.0 293 HP / 414 Nm
Nolden 1946 V8 5.0 Eco 240 HP / 426 Nm
Nolden 1946 R4 5.0 170 HP / 298 Nm

1947 - February 14th
Nolden Cruiser I Hatchback

Half a year after the first Nolden Cruiser discovered the world, the manufacturer build a little smaller hatchback with just 4 seats, instead of 5. The design slightly changed, mostly the engines were revised. Again the I4 got wider tires and a slighty changed interior. For all 3 versions Nolden tried to get more quality to lower the weight a little bit and keep the car more driveable. For this reason none version will be a low budget car.

For the new Hatchback version all 3 engines were revised
Nolden 1946 V8 5.0 Evo 1947 297 HP / 444 Nm
With a new tubular header and performance intake, the ‘standard’ V8 5.0 gained 4 hp and 30 Nm and also lowered the economy by 220 g/kWh. But the material cost stepped $1.700 up.

Nolden 1946 V8 5.0 Eco Evo 1947 240 HP / 438 Nm
The Settings were modified, to keep the power with lower RPM, more reliability and more mileage at the same time. The engine itself kept the same.

Nolden 1946 I4 5.0 Evo 1947 172 HP / 409 Nm
The I4 changed the most of all 3 engines. Not only the name changed from german ‘R4’ to international ‘I4’, the cast and pistons now are from heavy steel. This allowed to get more mileage and reliability. Nolden also lowered the RPM, but was able to get 2 hp and stunning 111 Nm gained.

1947 - September 15th
Nolden Cruiser I Hatchback Budget
After 7 month of hard work, Nolden was able to make a car nearly reliable, economic and driveable as the 3 versions before, but just for half the money. It´s Noldens try to get more costumers, while the country regains it´s economy. With 155 tires, it got a feature none other Nolden has. The goal was, to build a ‘Nolden’ under $10.000 and it was accomplished.

To lower the costs, Nolden developed a new I4 3L engine.
Nolden 1947 I4 3.0 123 HP / 239 Nm
The engine is based on the I4 5.0, but 2L smaller. It´s cheaper, not so heavy and very economic. Even it got only 123 hp and 239 Nm, it got nearly the torque of the first I4 5.0. The 3.0L will be a new base for Noldens next cars.

1948 - July 7th
Nolden Cruiser I Saloon Facelift

Since the work on the Hatchback was done, Nolden facelifted the old Cruiser I Saloon from 1946. While the car got smaller rims and wider tires, Nolden used the old V8 from 1947 and the 1947 introduced I4 3.0. The Eco version of it´s 1947 V8 engine was mostly rebuilt with a much smaller piston bore. As done with the Hatchback, the I4 powered car will be cheaper than $10.000.
The facelift on the body was inspired by the Hatchback and is again just slightly different. The biggest differences are a new top grill and a little longer front and back of the car.

Two of the Saloon engines aren´t changed, but the V8 Eco is.
Nolden 1946 V8 5.0 Eco Evo 1948 187 HP / 354 Nm
With a smaller piston bore, the engines just got 4.0L, but is still listed as a 5.0. It´s hp dropped by 53 and got 84 Nm less. But it´s cheaper, reliable, economic and smoother. The standard V8 of Nolden will be the last real 5.0L engine for the future.

1949 - 15th August
Nolden Excelsior I

It took over a whole year for Nolden to build it´s second platform: The Excelsior. Nolden managed to make a new and modern model without loosing it´s characteristic look.
The Excelsior comes only in 2 trims: The V8 and the I4. The V8 is a powerful and more sporty car, that sets a new prestige record of Nolden. The I4 is also sporty, but mostly drivable and reliable with a good economy for just $12.100.

Nolden worked again also on it´s engines, but the 5.0L era will come to an end after just 4 years. It´s to heavy and expensive for the new costumers Nolden tries to get.
Nolden 1946 V8 5.0 Evo 1949 333 HP / 468 Nm
The engine got a new setting and higher RPMs. It´s not such reliable as before, but now the ‘top dog’ of Noldens Engines got 24Nm and 36hp more. Also Nolden used more quality products to reduce the weight by 6.3 kg.

Nolden 1947 I4 3.0 Evo 1949 161 HP / 253 Nm
Nolden also worked on it´s economic I4 3.0 engine and was able to get 38 hp and 14 Nm more out of it. But again the RPMs are now higher and that´s rewarded by a little lower reliabilty. Nolden also used better supplier of it´s parts and could get a more responsive and economic engine.
The Excelsior is just 5 seconds slower on the test track with this small engine and so Nolden will go in this direction for the future.

1950 - 23rd January
Nolden Excelsior I 4-Door

Just 4 month after the Excelsior was released, the market boomed and Nolden decided to build a 4 door version of the car. The car comes in 4 trims. Together with the economic I4 a second more powerful version of that engine is available. Also there will still be the choice to get the car with a V8, but this time a whole new 4.0L as Standard or Eco Spec.
The car is more drivable than the 2 door version and a little bit safer. The V8s are more comfortable than before, while it´s eco version increased the mileage by nearly 100%.
The I4 versions are even more sporty, while not as comfortable. But they got a good economy and much cheaper prices. The I4 3.0 will be the cheapest at $15.701, the V8 the most expensive with $24.939.

The 5.0L era finally ended and a new V8 4.0 comes now along with a twice revised I4 3.0 Engine.
Nolden 1950 V8 4.0 223 HP / 329 Nm
The ‘Standard’ Spec of the new V8 is still not perfect. It got to much fuel consumption, but it can be a good alternativ for the old 5.0L Engines.

Nolden 1950 V8 4.0 Eco 201 HP / 356 Nm
The ‘Eco’ Spec of the new V8 is way smoother and economic. It also got more torque than the ‘Standard’ Spec with a better Economy.

Nolden 1947 I4 3.0 Evo 1950 152 HP / 275 Nm
Nolden lowered the power of the car by 9 HP, but reached way more torque and an even better economy with new settings on the old I4 Eco from 1947.

Nolden 1947 I4 3.0 Performance Evo 1950 180 HP / 287 Nm
With it´s ‘Performance’ Spec of the '47 I4 Nolden built an powerful engine. 19 extra HP and phenomenal 287 Nm torque are reached with this masterpeace of german engineering.

Noldens competitors BMW, Daimler and VEB Automobilwerk Zwickau also are now well established on the marked for all people, not only the rich. But all three are working with much smaller and cheaper engines, to get more costumers. Nolden falls in a bit of depression and is forced to build cars for under $15.000 in the next years.

1951 - 12th January
Nolden Cruiser II Saloon (US version: Sedan)

With the new year Nolden presented it´s new Cruiser II. The biggest difference won´t come with the actual look of the Nolden cars, it comes with the engines. Nolden acquired a BMW I6 2.0L engine and modified it for the Cruiser II. The second engine is a Nolden 1.2L I4 with much better materials used. As a result, both versions behave nearly the same. The I4 1.2 is more economic, but at the same time more expensive.
Nolden reached the goal of a cheap car, without loosing the identity of it´s previous cars. The 2.0L trim will cost $9.312 and the 1.2L trim is at $10.270. The goal was to build cars under $15.000 for the lower middle class people. It´ll help to stop the depression Nolden Automobil GmbH fell into, especially the cars are about §3.000 cheaper than a Mercedes, but about $1.000 dearer than a BMW.

The reason for nearly 12 month of hard work wasn´t to optimize the BMW, Nolden needed the time to build it´s I4 1.2.
1949 BMW I6 2.0 Evo 1951 100 HP / 151 Nm
The 2.0L engine was bought from BMW, but widely modified. 800 RPM more, 55 hp gained and 36 Nm more torque are the result of a complete overhaul. Also the engine is more responsive and reliable than the BMW version, but a little less economic at nearly the same material and service costs.

Nolden 1950 V8 5.0 Eco 65 HP / 105 Nm
The inhouse developed 1.2L engine is less powerful than the modified BMW 2.0L. But its 60 kg lighter and way more reliable. The material costs are the same, but the service costs is $300 less. Even it runs with super leaded fuel only, Nolden managed to get a better economy.

With the low service costs and the cheap prices for a modern and economic car (9.92 lt/100 km) Nolden suited the taste of many costumers and was able to avoid bankruptcy. The manufacturer can´t say, if the old engines will still be developed. But for now, the small 1.2L and 2.0L seem to fit much better in the new working-class state after WWII.

1951 - 4th June
Nolden Cruiser II Sedan V8

It took a little time, but Nolden was able to build a new V8 trim for its Cruiser II Sedan to keep it´s V8 fans of the market.
The design changed just a little bit, but the car is now even more drivable than the first two trims and more reliable than the I6 2.0. Also the car can reach now up to 172km/h (107 mph).
And for the first time in the history of the manufacturer, Nolden uses a automatic locker as differential. This reduces the wheel spin of the car to zero.

Nolden changed the bore and stroke of it´s old V8 4.0 to get an extra of 1 cc.
1950 V8 4.0 Evo 1951 100 HP / 151 Nm
This engine is more economic and needs much less cooling. It´s a little heavier, but can now be run with regular leaded fuel. Of course its power is down from 223 hp to 111 hp, the torque changed from 329 Nm to 231 Nm and instead of 5000 RPM used, Nolden just uses 3500 now.

Again this trim was a good deal for Nolden to get more costumers and now the company works on a new Cruiser II Hatchback.

1952 - 2nd March
Nolden Cruiser II Hatchback

With the beginning of the new year, Nolden Automobil GmbH coudl finally finish the Cruiser II Hatchback version of the car. It´s a little more drivable and of cours sporty, than the sedan. But also Nolden rised the prices in order for better quality.
The engines are the same, as on the sedan. A revised BMW I6 2.0, and both in-house developed I4 1.2 and V8 4.0.

1953 - 8th May
Nolden Excelsior I Facelift

Nolden regained it´s stability with the set of cars in the last years and sold much more of them. The cheaper cars and smaller engines were exactly, what the customers wanted. Even Nolden lost some to the more presitgious Mercedes-Benz. But the could step up to BMW and the now called Auto Union, while leaving Opel behind.
In order to that, it was time to facelift the 1949 Excelsior. The ‘new’ Excelsior is way more modern. It´s more driveable, sporty, comforty and safe. But the car lost some of it´s prestige with the smaller engines. But the manufacturer could keep it´s reliabilty and lower the fuel consumption at nearly 50% of the old price of the car. Also it was the first time Nolden used a double wishbone in the front and a semi trailing arm in the back of the ladder chassis made of steel. The Nolden headquarter thinks thats a good idea and will hold on to it for the next cars.
The three engines will remain the I6 2.0, the I4 1.2 and the V8 4.0. But this time Nolden tried again to fix some things on them. Only the I6 2.0 will be unchanged again.

More reliabilty and better economy was the goal for the engineers to revise the three standard engines.
1951 I4 1.2 Evo 1953 66 HP / 106 Nm
Nolden gained 1 hp and 1 Nm on the 1.2L engine. The engine is now smoother than before and much mur reliable. Also Nolden could get 6 kg out of it and lower it´s economy by nearly 100 g/kWh.

1950 V8 4.0 Evo 1953 149 HP / 295 Nm
The biggest changes were made on the V8. Nolden used much better supplier to raise the hp from 111 up to 149 and the torque from 231 to 295 Nm. The engines now allows 3600 RPM instead of 3500, is a little bit less noisy, but nearly as double as smooth as before. Also the reliabilty was increased, the weight and economy decreased. And even the engine is nearly in every spot better than the old version, Nolden could also lower the service costs.

1954 - 11th March
1955 Nolden Concept NX1 NEC - 0154

At the 1954 Geneva Auto Show Nolden was initially represented with a concept car. The ‘NX1 NEC’, or in-house 0154 called, shows the way Nolden will go in the future. The car itself is worth nearly $100.000 and will never be produced.
The car is a very sporty and comforty on, with a completly new build V8 4.0 Engine. It will represent the state of the art at the pretige and safety for modern Nolden car. Even it´s a concept car, Nolden could keep it´s reliabilty and lower the economy to nearly 11lt/100km in a V8! With the first V8 from BMW and the Mercedes 300 SL, Nolden was the third german manufacturer with such a crowd puller.
Even the car itself will never be build, the design will be seen in a similar way at the next cars of Nolden.

The ‘Nolden Engine Concept’, short NEC, V8 4.0 is a whole new engine and got nothing in common with the old V8 4.0.
1954 NEC V8 4.0 262 HP / 435 Nm
A DOHC with 5 valves each are used at this new V8. Also forged steel, forged h beam conrods and a forged piston are used for the first time in an Nolden engine. With it´s 4 barrell twin carburettor and the long tubular headers with dual exhausts the engine produces 262 hp at 4300 RPM with 435 Nm of torque at 4200 RPM. This engine is quiet, smooth, powerfull and even economic and reliable at the same time. As with the design of the car, this engine will be seen in a more civil way in the next Nolden cars.

1955 - 13th March
Nolden Nabot I

In 1955 Nolden introduced it´s first B-Segment Subcompact car, the Nabot together with a new 0.7 inline-4 Engine. It is the most drivable and sporty car, much inspired by the NX1. The car weights just 660 kg and together with 45 hp it is also the most economic car so far.
The interior is quite simple with 4 standard seats and a basic AM radio. Although there is only one trim with offroad tires, the Nabot is nearly as quick as the Cruiser and the Excelsior, but got total costs of only $10k.

The new engine is the smallest Nolden ever produced.
1955 I4 0.7 45 HP / 59 Nm
The small and light I4 SOHC with it´s 699cc produces enough power to move the Nabot up to 140 km/h. It will become the new standard size of the B segment cars by Nolden.

1956 - 14th August
Nolden Terpeno I

In the summer of 1956 another new car was born. The Terpeno is Noldens first C-Segment Compact car. The car is nearly as good to handle like the Nabot, but offers mor comfort and prestige at higher safety standards.
The car is also quite light with under 1.000 kg in each of the three trims and got nearly the same mileage like the Nabot. But the total costs of the car are up to $20k with the biggest engine, the new I6 1.8.

While the I4 0.7 and the I4 1.2 are old engines, Nolden also introduced a new I6 1.8 and dropped the 2L engine by BMW. The I4 1.2 and the I4 0.7 weren´t changed at all and are the same like in 1952.
1956 I6 1.8 114 HP / 180 Nm
The new 1.8L engine is build quite simple, but got a DOHC and 30 valves für it´s 1998cc. The engine will produce 114 hp at 5800 RPM and 180 Nm at 2900 RPM. It´s stays quiet and smooth and is build economic. Only it´s reliability is a point Nolden will have a look on.

1956 - 10th December
Nolden Excelsior II

At the end of 1956 Nolden presented the second generation of the Excelsior at the New York Auto Show. The 1957 full-size car is now more comfy, prestigious and safer than the old Excelsior. More weight, but also more reliabilty will set the new standard for Noldens top class car. This powerful E-Segment car will double the costs, but also be a fair competitor for the Mercedes-Benz W105 and the BMW 501.
Together with a revised version of the '51 V8 4.0 a new V8 3.0 will be available.

The Excelsior will only use V8 engines to mark it´s top spot in the company.
1951 V8 4.0 Evo 1957 168 HP / 315 Nm
Nolden was able to squeeze 19 hp of more power out of the old engine and gained 20 Nm. At the same time the engine is now lighter and more economic than in the last revision of 1953. But this time, the big engine will be the one with less power and after 6 years it´ll be the last time Nolden worked on that block. A new 4.0L engine will be expected in the future.

1957 V8 3.0 210 HP / 296 Nm
The 3.0L V8 engine is based on the NEC from the NX1 concept car. But Nolden decreased the pistons bore and stroke to let it only use 2998cc. The Crossplane DOHC Carburettor with 40 valves will still produce 210 horse power and 296 Nm, while being smoother, lighter and nearly as economic as the '57 4.0L V8.

1958 - 2nd January
Nolden Cruiser Saloon III

Right with the beginning of the new year, Nolden released the third generation of the Cruiser Saloon. The E-Segment Mid-size luxury car will come in 3 specs. The '52 I4 1.2, the '56 I6 1.8 and the '57 V8 3.0.
The car is now a little better to driver, but much more comfy. With a little higher costs Nolden realised more prestige and safety combined with better mileage.

1958 - 15th April
Nolden Cruiser III Hatchback

Just a few month after the Saloon, Nolden presented the Cruiser III in it´s hatcback version. Instead of the V8, the engine line up will be completed by the tiny 0.8L inline 4. The car will become more driveable and cheaper.
The Nolden engines weren´t changed.

1959 - 21th August
Nolden Espuro I

In summer 1959 Nolden presented it´s first Grand Tourer and the sixth model: The Espuro. The car is the most sporty car in the companys history, but of course a very expensive one. Nolden regained it´s economic strength and is now able to build again such high class cars. Costumers can reach over 220 km/h, while the car is the first with automatic locker to erase wheel spin.

While the V8 3.0 and the I6 1.8 stayed the same, Nolden developed a new V8 4.0 for the Espuro.
1959 V8 4.0 223 HP / 339 Nm
The engine is the successor to the 1951 V8 4.0 and is now at modern standards. The flatplane block got forged steel and a 4 barrel single carburettor. In this spec, the engine can build up to 339 Nm of torque and 223 horsepower, while still beeing reliable and economic to get a mileage of about 14 lt/100km.

1959 - 15th September
Nolden Concept NX2 - 0259

A month later, Nolden finished another project. The new concept car NX2 0259 together with it´s NEC I6 4.0 engine. Both will be just to show, what´s possible, so money wasn´t a question this time. The car is driveable, sporty, extremly comfy and safe and will also come with prestige. At the same time the car is the most reliable from Nolden and with about 12 lt/100km also economic, regarding to the 310 horsepower.
Because of the high service costs, the engine will never be available to th public, but Nolden thinks about an motorsports entry. The body of the car will be seen in the second Espuro, but this will take some years. Parts of the design of itself will be seen in the near future on the next Nolden cars.

Nolden build a huge 4.0L I6 engine as a concept. As said, the engine is to expensive to build it for the public, but maybe it´s will be fielded otherwise.
1959 NEC I6 4.0 310 HP / 442 Nm
The engine is not only powerful, it is a smooth engine with a good mileage and reliability. 310 hp, 442 NM and just 463 g/kWh are the main keys.

1960 - 13th February
Nolden Nabot II

In 1960 Nolden showed the second generation of the subcompact car Nabot. The Car is now way more driveable, lost some weight, got an automatic gearbox and lowered the mileage to under 6 lt/100km. Also Nolden was able to reduce the costs by $700.
For a first time, the Nabot got 2 specs, the 0.7L and the 0.8L. With the new I4 0.8 the car behaves a little better, while having a manual gearbox, but stays again under 6 lt/100km.

Nolden revised the old 0.7L and developed the new 0.8L inline-4 for the new Nabot
1955 I4 0.7 Evo 1960 46 HP / 62 Nm
The I4 0.7 gained 1 HP and 3 Nm, but is now smoother and more reliable than before. Also the economy and the service costs has been revised.

1960 I4 0.8 55 HP / 70 Nm
The 0.8 is the next generation of the 0.7 and is now more responsive and nearly as economic, while producing nearly 10 hp and Nm more.

1960 - 14th April
Nolden Terpeno I RS

Two month later, Nolden revised the compact car Terpeno and presented the Terpeno I RS to the public. The car became a powerful version of the Terpeno I, while having now 3 engine options: The I4 0.8, the I4 1.8 and the I6 2.6.
The first street legal sports compact car by Nolden will feature the new 2.6L inline-6 engine, which produces up to 145 hp and is a sporty, comfy and economic facelift of the old Terpeno I.

While the 1.8L and the 0.8L are the same from before, the I6 2.6 is brand new.
1960 I6 2.6 145 HP / 279 Nm
The engine will give it´s owner at the same time power and smoothness combined with a good economy. For that reason the engine is quite expensive, but with a good reliability it´s worth every penny. Fans of the Terpeno will say, only the 2.6L engine is the right spec for the RS.

1961 - 1st March
Nolden Terpeno II

After the Terpeno I RS was loved by the costumers, Nolden quikly produced the second generation of the car. The Terpeno II now will be only available in a hatchback version, but is more driveable and way more cheaper than before.
Nolden was able to lower the fuel consumption and gave the car more reliability at the same time. But the 2.6L engine from the RS won´t return for now.

The most powerful engine will now be a new 1.2L inline-4, which produces just half of the power of the 2.6. But the engine is cheaper, more economic and shows, that the RS will be a one off for now.
1959 V8 4.0 70 HP / 107 Nm
The I4 1.2 is a new evolution of the old '53 1.2. It is a modern engine and no revision. It is now more powerful, while still having the advantages of the old one. Only the reliabilty will be revised in the future.

1961 - 6th May
Nolden Excelsior III

In May '61 Nolden showed the third generation of the Excelsior. The Full-size luxury car trumps again with comfort, prestige and safety. But this time, there will be an US spec, an EU spec and one spec for both markets.
The US Spec is powered by a 4.0L V8 engine and a 2 gears automativ drivetrain.
The EU Spec uses the I6 4.0 engine from the NEC concept, but offers a 4 gear manual shifter.
For both markets a V8 3.0L engine is available, but again only with 4 gears manual drivetrain.

While the NEc I6 4.0 stays the same, both V8s are revised.
1959 V8 4.0 Evo 1961 233 HP / 356 Nm
The 4.0L engine produces now 10 more hp and 17 more Nm, but is smoother, more reliable and more economic than the old version.

1957 V8 3.0 Evo 1961 197 HP / 272 Nm
At the 3.0L engine Nolden choose a different way. The engine lost 24 Nm and 13 hp, but is now much cheaper to build while keeping the rest of it´s ‘DNA’.

1961 - 24th August
Nolden Cruiser IV Saloon

The fourth generation of the Cruiser is a slight update. The car is now more driveable and now available with an automatic 2 gears drivetrain. Also Nolden gained safety features of the car, while offering the car for $4.000 less.
While the car will be available in Europe with the 1.2L inline-4 and the 2.6 inline-6, the US spec gets the 3.0 V8 engine and automatic drivetrain only.

1962 - 15th June
Nolden Rocco I

In 1962 a new Nolden model came on the market, the Rocco. It is a compact MPV offroad skills of 25.6. Also it is an easy driveable car with good reliability and economy at low prices.
The Rocco comes with the 1960 I4 0.8 and the 1961 I4 1.2 engine, while offering 1099L cargo volume and 2410L passenger volume.

Also Nolden changed it´s standard colors. Light blue will be all ‘normal’ street cars. Yellow will be the ‘Power cars’, red the concept cars and shiny white the race cars.

1963 - 30th March
Nolden Espuro II Convertible

The second generation of the Espuro is now available as a convertible. With the big V8 4.0 engine the car is made for the US market, but will be sold also in europe.
The car is now more comfy, prestigous and reliable, while improving the mileage a little bit and reducing the costs about $800. But the old V8 from 1959 is now the revised version from 1961.
Still the car is 3 seconds slower from 0-60 mph as a Jaguar E-Type.

1963 - 27th September
Nolden Cruiser IV Hatchback

It took Nolden 2 years to build the Hatchback version of the Cruiser. The car is now available with a I4 1.2 and a brand new I6 1.8 engine.
The new Hatchback gains comfy and safety standards and is a little bit cheaper than the Saloon.

Nolden build a new I6 1.8 for this car.
1963 I6 1.8 91 HP / 151 Nm
Compared with the old engine, the new got 23 hp and 29 Nm less, but is smoother, more reliable and nearly as economic as the old one.

1964 - 1st July
Nolden Vectura I

In '64 Nolden presented the new Vectura to the world. After the Rocco became a success, Nolden build a cargo van based on the comments of the Rocco customers.
The car got a 1.2 inline-4 and the 1.8 inline-6 engine with a new 3 gears automatic shifter or a 5 gear manual drivetrain. It´s best data is the cargo volume with nearly 7000L.

1965 - 21th May
Nolden Rennsport AG RX I

In 1965 Nolden founded the Nolden Rennsport AG and showed it first race car. The Le Mans race ‘RX I’ uses a new NEC RXI I6 3.0 engine is very sporty, while economic at the same time.
With a sprint from 0-60 MPH in 6.5 seconds and 260 km/h max, the car was quick, but not the fastest. Also Nolden had some problems with the reliability and had to retire.
The car ran in eight position behind the Ferraris and the Porsches, but after 198 laps, the car was just rolling and finally stopped on track. The only entry from the team was classified in 24th position.

The engine was a new 3.0L inline-6 in race trim.
1965 I6 3.0 276 HP / 343 Nm
It produced nearly 280 hp and over 340 Nm, but also was very responsive for an engine by Nolden. But it wasn´t reliable and forced the team to retire.

1965 - 18th July
Nolden Cruiser V Saloon

The new and fifth generation of the Cruiser comes with 4 trims. Starting with a I4 1.2 engine, up to an I6 1.8 and I6 2.6, while the US market also gets the new V8 302cu.
The car gains driveability, while the V8 is the most sporty Cruiser in it´s history. Also the car got better comfort, prestige and safety than before.

While the three inline engines stayed unchanged, Nolden showed a new V8 to the US public.
1965 V8 302 311 HP / 461 Nm
The new Flatplane V8 got 302 cu and produces massive 311 hp and 461 Nm, while being reliable. The economy is good, but not as good as Nolden normally shows.

1966 - 28th September
Nolden Terpeno III Hatchback

After the Terpeno II was not as good to sell, like the Terpeno I RS, Nolden revised the car strongly. The car is now sporty and comfy, while being the most driveable of all Nolden cars. Also it´s economic, reliable and the 0.8 inline-4 engine version is available for under $10.000.

After the old I4 1.2 was started to be developed in 1961, Nolden decided to build a completely new one for 1966.
1966 I4 1.2 81 HP / 109 Nm
Nolden gained 11 HP and 2 Nm on the engine, while its a bit more smoother and economic.

1967 - 5th April
Nolden Excelsior IV

The fourth generation of the flag ship of the Nolden company, the Excelsior, came out in 1967. The car is now way more driveable than the third generation and gains also comfort, prestige and safety. Also the Excelsior IV is now more economic.
For europe the '65 I6 2.6 will be in the car, for the US market the V8 302 take in place.

1967 - 12th October
Nolden Nabot III

In Fall '67 Nolden showed the new Nabot. The car is exactly 1000 kg heavy, but now with it´s I4 0.8 engine more comfy, safe and $600 cheaper than before.

The I4 0.8 got a slight update, to produce a little bit more power and better economy.
1960 I4 0.8 Evo 1967 56 HP / 72 Nm
Nolden changed the settings on the engine, to get now 56 hp, 72 Nm and 540 g/kWh.

1968 - 9th June
Nolden Rocco II

The second generation of the Rocco was build in '68. The car more comfy and safe, while it´s also available as a pick up truck. Nolden also increased the offroad skills to 34.5.

To reduce costs, Nolden used the old I4 1.2 from 1961 and revised it.
1961 I4 1.2 Evo 1968 70 HP / 105 Nm
The engine got now a little bit more power, while running smoother and giving the car more torque.

1968 - 27th August
Nolden Espuro III Rennsport RX II

In '68 Nolden build an entry for the Trans-Am Championship with the Rennsport Version RX II of the new Espuro III. Nolden revised it´s V8 302 engine for it and was able to build a quick Trans-Am Racer with 337 hp and under 1.500 kg.
After the RX I wasn´t very reliable, Nolden was now able to build a car, that could finish the races. Also the car is just 0.5 seconds slower from 0-60 MPH than the Ford Mustang Boss 302, while needing 7 seconds for that sprint.
Because Nolden took part in all of the 13 events, the manufacturer could reach the third place by one point over American Motors and behind Ford and Chevrolet.

The RX version of the V8 302 is a powerful, but reliable engine.
1965 V8 302 1968 RX 337 HP / 491 Nm
Nolden changed the intake, the headers and the mufflers to reach an extra of 26 hp and 30 Nm in the engines race trim, while not loosing it´s reliability.

1969 - 1st March
Nolden Terpeno III Hatchback Facelift

In 1969 Nolden facelifted the Terpeno III Hatchback. The car is as driveable like before, but gets two new engines. An I4 1.5 and an I4 1.6, to be competitive to the Volkswagen 1600 Typ 3. But because of better safety standards, the Terpeno III is a little bit more expensive.
The Terpeno III Facelift is now also a bit more comfy, while Nolden again lowered the costs for the car and reaching nearly the same mileage with the bigger engines.

Nolden reduced the costs for the engine, while using the same block for both, the 1.5L and the 1.6L engine.
1969 I4 1.5 76 HP / 123 Nm
The smaller 1.5L is cheaper, smoother and of course more economic than the bigger one.

1969 I4 1.6 84 HP / 139 Nm
The 1.6L I4 engine has 8 hp and 16 Nm gained, while also is more responsive than the 1.5L engine.

1970 - 25th January
Nolden Terpeno III Hatchback RS

In early 1970 presented the RS and the RX version of the Terpeno III, to get back the customers of the Terpeno I RS.
The RS is way more sporty, than the normal Terpeno III, gained safety standards and is more reliable. Also it´s still quite economic.
The RX is the Rally version of the Terpeno III. It´s even more sporty, than the RS and again safety features are raised. The RX is very reliable, but now wants 12 lt/100km and is nearly as double expensive, than the normal Terpeno III. But for racers, it is a good and quite cheap choice.

Both cars will get an own engine:
1963 I6 1.8 Evo 1970 125 HP / 180 Nm
Nolden revised the 1963 I6 1.8 for the RS. The engine got now 35 hp and 29 Nm gained, and is still economic, light and reliable.

1970 I6 2.6 213 HP / 272 Nm
For the new RXIII Nolden also developed a new 2.6 inline-6 engine. This one got over 200 hp, while being lighter than the 1.8L engine. It´s also more responsive and reliable, to offer good performance and no braking down.

1970 - 3rd February
1970 Alfa Romeo 33TT3 N-Spec 413 HP / 359 Nm
Also in 1970 Nolden showed a new project. The manufacturer worked together with Alfa Romeo to build a new engine for the Alfa Romeo 33TT3. The V8 produces massive 413 hp and 359 Nm, while being reliable and quite economic.
Alfa Romeo had good races with that engine, but was beaten by the 5L engines from Porsche and Ferrari. But the team could win some races in it´s class.
McLaren also used a revised version of the engine in Formula 1. But despite a few finishes outside the points, the team wasn´t able to qualify with this engine and mostly used the Cosworth in this season.
It is said, that McLaren was able to produce 446 hp at 10.400 RPM with that engine. But no one knows exactly, because even Nolden wasn´t involved in tuning and McLaren never told the correct data to the public.
But Nolden will go on to update the 33TT3 engine, to make Alfa Romeo a winning team again.

1970 - 19th July
Nolden Vectura II

Also in 1970 Nolden Automobil GmbH showed the second generation of the Vectura. The MPV is now available with 9 seats, while the cargo volume is 160L smaller than before at 6840L.
The car will be powered with the 1970 I4 1.8 and the I4 1.2 engine, like the first generation. The car is now more driveable and gains 10 to 35 HP. Also Nolden was able to better the mileage on the car.

1971 - 12th May
Nolden Rennsport AG RX I / II

One month before the 24h of Le Mans the Nolden Rennsport AG showed the new RX I / II. The team used the engine, they developed for Alfa Romeo, but sorted some things out to be more reliable.
As a result, the engine lost 48 hp, but was still 365 hp strong and way more reliable. Also the RX I body was updated and became an automatic locker, 2 Piston solid brake discs in the front and back and Gas Mono-Tube Dampers. But the car still had nearly 20% of wheel spin and was hard to handle. But with good feeling for the throttle, a driver was able to squeeze 0-60 MPH in 5.1 seconds out of the car, while reaching nearly 175 MPH / 280 km/h.
At Le Mans, the car was good, but there was no chance to keep it up to the 5.0L V12 cars. The RX I / II battled with the Porsche 911S and the new Ligier JS3. But with a better mileage than the Cosworth 3.0L V8 of the Ligier and more Power than a Porsche, the team was able to get ahead of them. In the middle of the night a little part of the exhaust broke down and Nolden had to fix it. It costs the team several laps and the Ferrari 365, a Porsche 911S and a Porsche 907 could pass them. But the team recovered and at least they could pass the two Porsche, to finish the race after 313 Laps in sixth position.
The team was very happy to finish the race, even they lost the Top5 position by a reliability problem. But the team will come back with a better package to finish in an even better position.

Nolden revised the Alfa Romeo 33TT3 engine for the RX I / II, to make it reliable enough for 24 hours.
1971 Alfa Romeo 33TT3 N-Spec RX 365 HP / 337 Nm
Nolden chose to change the intake of the car. Of course they lost a lot of power, but as a result the engine was way more reliable. But even that was enough, because the exhaust was made for such a long durance and finally broke down.

1972 - 10th April
Nolden Cruiser VI Saloon

The sixth generation of the Cruiser is now able to drop the fuel consumption over 1 lt/100 km compared to the best trim of the fifth generation. Even the biggest engine is just 1.19 lt/100 km less economic, than the most economic before.
Nolden Automobil GmbH used 3 engines on the new Cruiser, that weren´t used before on the car. The I4 1.5 and I4 1.6 from 1969, but revised, and a new I4 2.0i with a mechanical injection fuel system.
All three specs are more driveable and comfy than the generation 5 was, but some safety aspects are lost. Also the new engines are not as reliable, as the manufacturer wished they where. But at least Nolden could keep the old price of the car.

Two engines were revised, the I4 2.0i was a whole new development.
1972 I4 1.5 72 HP / 124 Nm
Nolden lost 4 hp and 1 Nm on the 1.5L engine, but reduced the weight, increased the smoothness and the economy.

1972 I4 1.6 78 HP / 132 Nm
Also on the 1.6L inline-4 engine Nolden used better materials and a different setting and again lost 6 hp and 7 Nm to increase smoothness, weight, reliability and economy. It´s the most efficent engine of all three on the Cruiser VI.

1972 I4 2.0i 96 HP / 169 Nm
The 2.0L inline-4 engine is the first street legal engine with a mechanical fuel injection system to better the economy. This technology was tested before at the RX I/II. The aluminium block is even lighter, than the I4 1.6, while being also more reliable. The smooth and responsive engine is able to produce 96 hp and 169 Nm. BMWs 2.0L inline-4 engine produces nearly 25 hp more, but 9 Nm less than this one.

1972 - 29th November
Nolden Excelsior V

In late '72 Nolden presented the fifth generation of the full-size luxury car: The Excelsior V. For the first time, the car was available as a station wagon. For europe only the I4 2.0i engine was in the car, at the US market the customers could choose between the 302cu and the new 370cu V8.
All three specs are very different to each other. The I4 2.0i is the most comfy, reliable and economic of all, but the most expensive and only buyable for the higher class.
The V8 302 is the most driveable with the best safety package, but also it´s the heaviest and least economic.
The V8 370 is the powerful sporty and presigous car, but nearly as expensive as the euro-version. But with 1/4 better fuel consumption.
All specs are not very cheap, but still the Excelsior is Noldens top dog and will always be bought by the wealthy costumers.

The 370cu V8 is a new engine by Nolden Automobil GmbH.
The big 6L V8 engine tops the power of the V8 302 (5L) by only 24 hp, but the real talent is the phenomenal torque of 570 Nm. That are 109 Nm more, than the 302 got. Also it´s more responsive, quiter, smoother, lighter and economic. But of course this big engine has it´s price.

1973 - 24th February
Nolden Concept NX3 03/73

While the oil crisis began, Nolden showed a new concept car. The NX3 03/73 is a car, that will never be build, but shows, whats possible. Together with a new 5.0L V8 the car can reach over 250 km/h (155 mph) and is still able to be below the american regulation of 10,5 lt/100 km. The sporty car is also very comfy, driveable and the most reliable Nolden ever showed to the public. At the same time, the car is up to the best safety standards of the company.

The V8 5.0 is also just a concept and won´t be seen in that version in any car. Nolden thinks to use it for future race cars, but even this isn´t for sure.
1973 NEC V8 5.0 223 HP / 480 Nm
With the best technology available by Nolden, this engine is not the most powerful, but it provides 480 Nm at 1500 RPM! Also its very smooth and reliable, combined with a good fuel consumption.

Because of the oil crisis, all Nolden cars will have to be within some regulation till the end of '79. No street legal car is allowed to use over 10.5 lt/100 km of 91 RON fuel. Also Nolden will have keep a reliability from above 65, while the costs stay below $13.500.

1974 - 5th June
Nolden Nabot IV

The first car for the new regulations is the fourth generation of the subcompact car Nabot. Nolden tried to show, that a cheap, reliable and economic car doesn´t has to look like one. Three specs are available for the car.
The I4 1.0i is a really good driveable car with a little bit more comfort than, the generation III Nabot. Also its more reliable, lighter and got the best fuel consumption of all specs with just 6.93 lt/100 km.
The I4 1.2i is also a new engine, to make the car a little mit more sporty, while beeing still reliable and economic. Both versions cost under $8000 and are available for $14.450 (1.0L) and $14.950 (1.2L).
The third spec is equipped with the 2.0i from '72. It´s the most sporty and reliable of all, while it´s mileage is still under 8 lt/100 km. But in this trim the car will cost much more and is available for $25.525 at your local dealer. But that much money, you´ll get the fastest Nabot of all times. It can reach up to 166 km/ and sprints from 0-60 mph in 12.2 seconds.

To lower the fuel consumption, Nolden developed two new engines.
1972 I4 1.0i 51 HP / 83 Nm
The 1.0L is the smallest engine for the new generations. It is quite smooth, but reliable and economic.

1972 I4 1.2i 73 HP / 102 Nm
The 1.2L engine performs a bit better, but all other datas are nearly the same. Of course it´s a bit more expensive and will be the new standard engine for all cars except the compact class.

1974 - 19th August
Nolden Chiara I

At the end of the summer '74 Nolden produced it´s eight model: The Chiara. An economic and cheap mini SUV. The Chiara is the little brother of the Rocco and available in two trims: The I4 1.2i and the '72 I4 1.6.
Both versions are good offroader (43+) and comfy. Also both are light and reliable, while they can carry over 2000L of cargo.
The I4 1.2i will be purchasable for $15.500. With it´s injection engine, it is nearly as powerful, als the 1.6L trim, but the fuel consumption is higher.
The bigger I4 1.6 got much more torque and also has a better mileage. It is the better choice in hard terrain and will cost $18.625.

1975 - 3rd March
Nolden Terpeno IV

In early '75 Nolden showed again a small an cheap car. The fourth generation of the best-seller Terpeno was born. It´s available in 4 trims:
The I4 1.0i from '74 is the lightest of all and will cost $13.950.
The I4 1.2i is also from '74, got the worst fuel consumption of 7,5 lt/100 km, but is also nearly the fastest despite it got 0.4L less than the biggest engine. You can have one for $14.250.
The I4 1.5 '72 is the only automatic driveshift option. It´s the best driveable and comfy and will cost $16.250.
The I4 1.6 '72 is the biggest and strongest engine. This trim sets also the best safety standards and economy and is available for just $14.900.
All four version are easy to drive, than the gen III, while the I4 1.2i is even more sporty. Also the cars are nearly as comfy and safe, while all are mor economic, cheaper and way more handy than before. Nolden hopes to be successful like with the Terpeno III and promises again a RS and a RX in the next years.

1975 - 25th April
Nolden Espuro IV

After Nolden first showed just small cars under the new company regulations, the manufacturer presented the fourth generation of the Espuro. “The easy sports car” was the slogan for the GT. It´s nearly as easy to handle, like the Nabot or Terpeno, but also the most sporty street legal car Nolden produced till now.
The big V8 5.0 from the '73 concept was revised, to be more economic and also the safety standards are now better. While the Espuro IV is just 14 kg heavier than the Espuro II, the car is nearly as reliable and lowers the fuel consumption from 13 to 9 lt/ 100 km. Also the costs are now down by $5.000, to make the car available for just $25.999.
The Espuro sprints from 0-60 mph in 9.9 seconds and has a top speed of 140 mph / 230 km/h, while the roll angle is just at 1.2° and the back has over 60 kg of downforce at 200 km/h. With it´s solid brake discs in the front and back, the car coms to an stop from 60-0 mph after 38 m.
Also a RX version is planned, to race in the Le Mans GT class.

The engine is the same, as used in the '73 NEC concept. But Nolden changed some materials and the setting, to make it cheaper and more economic.
1973 NEC V8 5.0 Evo 1975 222 HP / 429 Nm
Compared to the NEC, the revised version lost 1 hp and 51 Nm of torque, but Nolden was able to increase the economy to keep the car below the magical 10.5 lt/100 km and could even drop it to under 9 lt/100 km, while it just runs with 91 RON. Also the costs decrease by over 75%!

1975 - 1st June
Nolden Espuro IV Rennsport RX II/II

In June Nolden finished the RX II/II for the GT class of the 24h of Le Mans. While the oil crisis also reached Le Mans and the cars had to manage 20 laps without refueling, Nolden couldn´t just ‘pump up’ the V8 5.0 from the street Espuro IV. Together with Alfa, the manufacturer developed it´s first turbo engine and was able to squeeze more power out of a V8 2.0 engine.
The car is harder to drive and even got wheel spin with it´s viscous LSD. But the car is made for racing and in order to that, Nolden was able to loose 85 kg of weight and make an even more reliable car. The mileage is good enough to manage 20 laps with max. 35 lt on board. Nolden will also sell the car from '76 on to costumers for $60.000.
While the sprint from 0-60 mph needs 8.6 seconds, the car can stop within 31 meters. The topspeed will be at about 280 km/h (175 mph) with the spoilers set to 0 for Le Mans.

At Le Mans '75, the team was not quick enough, to keep it up with the Porsche 911 RSR, but the car was reliable enough to finish the race without any problems. After 296 laps, the team finished in 6th in front of the first of two 911 RS and the Ferrari 365 GTB/4. But Nolden will come back in this class, to finish on the podium.

The first of two engines developed with Alfa is the 2.0L Turbo spec.
1975 Alfetta GTV V8 2.0 RX 262 HP / 279 Nm
For the first time Nolden produced a turbo engine. From just 2.0L the engine will produce over 260 hp and is still economic enough, to fit in the new Le Mans regulations. But it is not perfect and Nolden has a lack of about 40 hp to the Porsche 3.0L inline-6 engines.

1975 - 1st June
Nolden Rennsport RX I/III

On the same day, Nolden revealed the New RX I/III. Again they worked together with Alfa Romeo, but this time on a 3.0L turbo engine.
The car got now 10 hp more and vented brake discs in the front and back. It is driveable like before, but more sporty and faster, while also being 50 kg lighter. Nolden managed to keep the fuel consumption as before and is able to go 21 laps without refueling. But the costs are much higher than before, so that Nolden will sell this car also from the end of the season on.
The RX I/III needs 5.8 seconds from 0-60 mph and can reach a top speed of 330 km/h (205 mph).

Nolden was able to be quite competitive to the Ford Cosworth powered cars. But the Mirage and the Ligier where 30 hp stronger and a bit faster on the straights. Without reliability problems Nolden could atleast beat the Porsche to finish fourth in the S3.0 class and overall, after 332 laps.

The second turbo is also an Alfetta GTV V8, but this time in the 3.0L spec.
1975 Alfetta GTV V8 3.0 RX 375 HP / 376 Nm
The engine was nearly to big, to fit in the car. The turbo had to be quite small and Nolden decided to run with a little less power, instead of changing the old body to a new one. But the time is now finally over for the RX I body, after 10 years.

1976 - 14th March
Nolden Rocco III

In '76 the new Rocco was born. In three specs is the car now heavier and more reliable than before. All three can carry cargo of 2700L.
The smallest engine is the I4 1.2i with 73 hp. It´s most comfy version and with 1040 kg the lightest. But it´s not the most reliable and economic, while being the best offroad of all (43). It´s available for $16.500.
A little bit stronger is the I4 1.6i version with 75 hp. The car has the best safety features, but is at the same time the heaviest and most economic with 8.25 lt/100 km. You can get one of your own for $25.500.
The biggest engine is the I4 2.0i. 96 hp will bring you everywhere! The car is the most reliable of all three, but also got the worst fuel consumption at 10 lt/100 km. Also it´s the most expensive with it´s $26.300.

The I4 1.6 engine from 1969 has been revised.
1969 I4 1.6i Evo 1976 75 HP / 131 Nm
The 1.6L engine is now also fitted with a mechanical fuel injection, to be more economic, reliable and still powerful. Of course the engine lost 10 hp and 8 Nm, but it´s more responsive and, as said, way more reliable.

1976 - 21th June
Nolden Carica I

In '76 the ninth model of Nolden Automobil is born: The Carica. This entry-level luxury car is a tough competitor to the BMW E21. A I4 1.6i and 2.0i are available, but also the big V8 370 is revised for this car.
The I4 1.6i is the beginner version. It´s fuel consumption is .8 lt/ 100 km less than the BMW, but is 4 seconds slower from 0-60 mph with a total of 18.7 seconds. Also it´s price of $21.000 is about $2.000 more than BMW wants for the same power.
In the I4 2.0i the car has 97 hp and is comparable to the BMW 318. With 13,5 seconds from 0-60 the Carica is just 1,6 seconds slower, but this time the BMW uses also 0.1 lt/100 km less. But Nolden has a better reliability and wants $22.500 for this safety package. The BMW is $3.000 cheaper.
The sportiest version is the V8 370. BMW got now comparable car, because their strongest car only delivers 143 hp, while the carica has 249. But now the Nolden Carica shows it´s real character. With 8.3 seconds from 0 to 60 mph the Carica is 1.3 seconds faster and also got 30 km/h more topspeed. The fuel consumption is at it´s limit of 10.5 lt/100 km, but only .9 lt/100 km worse than the BMW. Also the price of $24.650 is just $1.500 more expensive than the BMW. Most customers, which have the money for a BMW 323i, will choose the Carica V8. You have to spend just a little more money and will get much more car!

The V8 370 has to be revised, to be cheaper and more economic.
1972 V8 370 Evo 1976 249 HP / 488 Nm
Nolden changed some of the materials and the whole setting. The power nearly dropped by 100 hp and Nm, but now this engine is cheap enough, to fit in the “$13.500 overall cost”-regulation and economic enough, to keep a car under 10.5 lt/100 km.

Story goes on → HERE

Well, you’re like me. You like to put hardcore power into '40-'50s cars :slight_smile:
And nice design! (y)

1977 - 4th January
Nolden Terpeno IV Hatchback RS

Finally Nolden finished the RS version of the Terpeno IV. At the same time Nolden showed the new inline-6 2.0L with a turbo; the I6 2.0t. 238 hp let the RS sprint from 0-60 mph in 7 seconds, and after 34.9 meters back to 0.
The RS is a little bit heavier, than the normal Terpeno IV, but way more sporty. Even the Terpeno III RS is not nearly as good, as the IV RS is. But Nolden was able, to keep the economy at the same level and under 10.5 lt/100 km, while the manufacturer reduced the costs by 1/3. The new RS will cost only $21.000, the III RS was at $29.500.

Nolden built a new I6 2.0L, in order to not use the I4 2.0i anymore.
1977 I6 2.0t 238 HP / 257 Nm
Compared to the old 2.0i, the 2.0t can produce way more power because of the turbo. But Nolden is just at the beginning of working with turbos and so the reliability and the economy is not the best.

1977 - 4th January
Nolden Terpeno IV RX III/II

On the same day Nolden showed also the new RS for the 1977 World Rally Championship. Nolden showed a second version of the 2.0L inline-6 engine, the I6 2.0ti. The turbo has now also a mechanical fuel injection and produces 350 hp. The RX is .6 seconds fast from 0-60 mph and also 3 meters early back to 0.
Compared with the old RX III/I, the new RX III/II is very hard to drive, but of course more sporty than ever. It´s also lighter and more reliable, while the costs are nearly the same. From 1978 on, the car will be sold to costumers for rally events for $40.000.
In 1977 Nolden raced in the WRC with this car. The Terpeno was one of the most powerful, but not the quickest. Also a terrible crash at the Kenia Rally destroyed the chassis and the team couldn´t start at New Zealand. At the end of the Season, Nolden was twice 3rd (Portugal and Canada) and finished in 6th place infront of Datsun and Porsche.

The I6 2.0t became a mechanical fuel injection, to be named I6 2.0ti
1977 I6 2.0ti 350 HP / 346 Nm
The fuel injection allows Nolden to get more power out of the car, while also the turbo was reworked. At the end, Nolden could gain 112 hp and 89 Nm. Also the ti is more reliable, while not very economic.

1977 - 25th April
1977 RX F1 V8 3.0ti 563 HP / 458 Nm
In '77 Nolden also decided to make an engine for formula 1 customer teams. With the ‘ti’ technology Nolden was able to make small, but powerful engines. The 3.0L produce over 560 hp, about 10 hp more than the Cosworth V8 3.0 does. But the Cosworth has more torque and just Ligier decided to buy this engine for $39.990 each.
After the car of Laffite stopped three times in a row on track with an engine failure, Nolden sorted out some problems and the frenchman was able to finish the next races. At the Sweden GP Laffite was also able to get his only victory, while he would finish a second time on the podium at the Netherlands GP. At the end of the season he became 10th in the standings and Ligier became 8th in the constructors championship.

1978 - 17th May
Nolden Sabera I

The Sabera will be the 10th model of Nolden Automobil. The first generation will be only available in the US, as there is nearly no market for full-size SUVs in europe. The big Sabera is build at the edge of the companys regulations till the end of '79.
The 1.5 tons heavy truck gets a new 4.0L V8, based on the NEC V8 5.0. But this engine has only 170 hp, to reach an economy of exactly 10.5 Lt/100 km. Even the costs are just $0.40 short of the maximum.
But the car is worth every penny. With big safety features and a premium interior, the car is also able to drive in heavy terrain. Up to 2100L of cargo can be carried offroad (49 Rating), while the 331 Nm torque will let you pull everything like you got only your lunchbox behind you.
The Sabera will cost $26.990 at your local dealer, but no Blazer or Bronco was economic like the Sabera, while producing over 300 Nm torque. Also at the offroad skill, the Sabera was better than both competitors. Only disadvantage was the price.

Nolden sized down the NEC V8 5.0 to make a more economic 4.0L engine.
1973 NEC V8 4.0 Evo 1978 170 HP / 331 Nm
Nolden lost 52 hp and 98 Nm, but build a smoother and reliable engine, that was also lighter and cheaper. But the biggest advantage is the new and way better economy of 292.5 g/kWh.

1979 - 20th June
Nolden Excelsior VI

Because of the still ongoing oil crisis, also the new Excelsior is ‘a little bit less’ than, the fifth generation. While Nolden was able to increase the drivability and sportniess, the car is less comfy and prestigous. Also the safety package is a little bit stripped down. But the economy and the reliability is now better than before, while also the costs shrunk.
This time, only 2 trims are available. The I6 2.0i from the Terpeno IV RS, which is a bit more sporty but got less torque. This version has a fuel consumption under 10 lt/100 km and will cost $26.000.
As always, there will be also a V8. But this time, Nolden just offers a 3.0L engine, which produces over 100 hp less than in the gen5. The V8 3.0 will make the car more drivable, but takes 10.35 lt/100 km. This version is the cheaper one for $25.750.

After Nolden sized down the NEC, the V8 3.0i is a whole new engine.
1979 V8 3.0 170 HP / 331 Nm
With a mechanical fuel injection, this engine becomes cheaper, but stronger than the NEC V8 4.0. It is also more responsive, while being economic enough to keep the 1.4 tons of the Excelsior under the magical 10.5 lt/100 km.

1980 - 2nd September
Nolden Cruiser VII Saloon

In 1980 Nolden showed the seventh generation of the Cruiser. All three trims are now better to drive and more comfy. Also Nolden set the safety standards higher, while the car is more reliable and cheaper. But after the oil crisis ended, the regulation from '73 to '79 are not in force anymore.
The I4 1.2i trim is as powerful, as the old lowest configuration: the I4 1.5. But this car is nearly the best to drive and even more economic and reliable than the comparable gen6 version. By prices starting at $23.990 the car is also $4.000 cheaper than the gen6.
For the sporty loving youth Nolden put also the I6 2.0t in the gen7. With 234 hp the car is way harder to handle, but the most sporty Cruiser ever. Also consumpting 10.86 lt/100 km is more economic, than the old gen6 I4 2.0i with just 96 hp. This spec is available for just $26.500.
The third trim is the first V8 in a Cruiser since 1965. The Nolden V8 370cu will produce 249 hp and is the most powerful, but also best behaving car. Even the safety settings are the highest in this trim, while consumption 11.72 lt/100 km. But this has it´s price: $31.995. But for that price, your just .6 short at the quarter mile performance with the very limited Buick Turbo Regal. The Nolden Cruiser was even .5 seconds faster than a Chevrolet Camaro.

1981 - 21th February
Nolden Nabot V

The fifth generation of the subcompact car Nabot was presented in 1981. The car is now even more driveable, sporty, comfy, lighter, economic and cheaper than before.
In the ‘small’ trim the car got a new inline-4 mechanical fuel injection 1.0L engine. It´s one of the most driveable cars Nolden ever build and weighs just 620 kg. Also its one of the most reliable street legal car till now. This car uses just 6.4 lt/100 km and it´s available for just §14.950.
The second trim is a nearly identical engine, except it got 1.4L and 11 hp gained. It is the sporty version of the Nabot V, but a little less reliable and also not so much economic. It´s listed with $15.250.

Both small engines are new for the Nabot and working with the MFI technology
1981 I4 1.0i 41 HP / 70 Nm
Even if this engine is as same as big as one from 1977, it got a little less power. But this time the engine is smoother and way more reliable. Also Nolden was able to build it with a better fuel economy.

1981 I4 1.4i 52 HP / 89 Nm
The 1.4L engine is based on the 1.0L I4, but with a different setting. It is build to be a sporty, but tiny engine and in order to this it´s more powerful, but not as reliable or economic.

1981 - 14th March
1981 RX F1 V8 3.0ti Qualy 877 HP / 717 Nm
1981 RX F1 V8 3.0ti Race 687 HP / 618 Nm
Right before the Formula One season started, Nolden finished the work on the new F1 engine. In it´s qualification trim, the engine is able to produce nearly 900 hp, but is of course not very reliable.
While the Qualy trim is one of the most powerful for the season, the race trim got less than 700 hp and has a little bit less power, than the cosworth. But this trim is very reliable and able to finish races.
Again Nolden worked with Renault and the engine was badged as a Renault. But three victories and seven podiums were the result, even while Prost didn´t managed to keep the car in it´s limits and had to retire 9 out of 15 races. But 5th and 9th in the drivers championship and third for the manufacturers are a very good result and Nolden will go on to work for this series.

1982 - 13th March
Nolden Vectura III

In '82 Nolden Automobil showed the third generation of the Vectura. The MPV is now way bigger and heavier, while also being more driveable, comfy and safe. But while the economy isn´t as good as before, the price dropped big.
In the I4 1.4i trim the car is a little bit more comfy, but not very powerful for heavy loads. The car is in heavy critisism, because it needs 15.91 lt/100 km while not beeing strong enough. But it got a fair price of just $16.990.
The second trim uses the I6 2.0t from 1977 and has 234 hp. It´s way better to drive and can handle every load of it´s maximum of 10788L cargo. But this trim is now 300kg heavier than the generation II and needs 16.4 lt/100 km. But even in this trim, the car costs just $20.550.

1983 - 24th June
Nolden Espuro V

In '83 Nolden showed the fifth generation of the gran tourer Espuro. The car has now nearly 50 hp gained and while it´s way more sporty, it´s also way more hard to drive. But it´s more comfy than before, while beeing equipped with safety standards at the same level.
Nolden was also able to better the reliablity, but even the car is 100kg lighter, than the gen4, it needs nearly 14 lt/100 km compared to the 9 lt/100 km from before. Also the price is now a bit higher and at $28.790.

Nolden build a new inline-6 2.0L turbo engine for the Espuro. It´ll be the first Non-V8 in an Espuro since 1959 and the first time, no V8 is available for the sports car.
1983 I6 2.0ti 269 HP / 371 Nm
But Nolden was able to build an engine nearly 270 hp strong, while beeing smooth at the same time. Nolden isn´t happy with the reliablity at the moment, but will go one to work with this engine.

1984 - 1st June
Nolden Rennsport RX I/IV

For 1984 Nolden showed a new Group C race car, which will be available to costumoers from 1985 on. Nolden will use the RX F1 engine from 1981. In the qualification trim, the car is able to reach 386 km/h and is the most sporty ever build by Nolden. But it´s just reliable enough to go for one fast lap.
In it´s race trim, the car is 40 km/h slower, but one of the most reliable race cars build by Nolden. Even the car consumpts nearly 22 lt/100 km, it is able to be within the fuel regulations of the Group C. The car will be available to costumer teams for $130.000.
In the 24h race Nolden was one of the few 3.0L cars, while Porsche used its 2.6L Turbo Flat-6. The Porsche was a little bit more powerful in the Qualifying and able to go faster. But in the race, they were competitive and able to beat the Lancia and also some of the Porsche. While the Lancia wasn´t reliable, the Porsche was and so it was a hard fight for the single car team. The Nolden car completed 340 laps, after several flat tires slowed them down. The team fought with two Porsche in the same lap, but one the last lap the exhaust broke down and slowed them again.
Nolden finished in sixth and was the only team to keep it up with the speed and reliability of the Porsche. Despite this is a good result for the manufacturer, the team was a little bit sad, because they could have raced for the victory.

1985 - 12th March
Nolden Chiara II

The second generation of the mini suv Chiara came out in '85. The car is now extremly better to drive and comfy, while being lighter and more economic. The car is as reliable as before, but even in hard terrain (Offroad: 72) better to handle. But Nolden sets the prices now little bit higher.
The small I4 1.0i trim has just 41 hp, but enough power to get the 800 kg going. The car is very easy to handle and consumpts just 7.35 lt/100 km. For just $16.000 one of those ‘mini-offroad-beasts’ is yours.
The bigger trim uses the I4 1.4i engine and is, because of 34 extra hp, a little bit sporty. But despite the bigger engine, the car isn´t much less economic. Nolden wants $18.000 for this car.

1985 - 24th August
Nolden Terpeno V Hatchback

Also in '85 Nolden prestented the new generation of the Terpeno, the bestseller by Nolden. Overall the car is in all trims as driveable, as before, but more sporty, comfy and with higher safety standards. While the weight is higher, the economy is nearly the same, but the car is now a little bit more expensive.
The I4 1.0i trim got only 41 hp, but still more comfy than the gen4 1.0i trim. Together with the higher safety equipment, the costs are now $2.000 higher and the price raises to $18.250.
With the I4 1.4i engine the car filled all three trims from 1.2 to 1.6L in once. This trim is more sporty than all from the gen4, while consumpting again just 8 lt/100 km. This 75 hp car is available for $19.150.
The third trim got a new engine. An inline-6 1.8L MFI with 111 hp. It´s the most powerful standard Terpeno ever and is also nearly as sporty as the IV RS, while using less fuel and being a little bit cheaper: $19.850.

For the Terpeno V Nolden developed a new I6 1.8i engine, a small and reliable engine with more power.
1977 I6 1.8i 111 HP / 159 Nm
As a standard for now, Nolden used again a MFI and got 111 hp / 159 Nm out of the 1.8L of the engine. This power unit is smooth and reliable and also economic, to performe well in small cars.

1985 - 28th October
Nolden Carica II

The third car of the year is the new Carica, the entry level luxury sedan from Nolden Automobil. The car became a little bit more sporty, but way more comfy and prestigous. Also Nolden raised the safety standard, while the car is now up to 300kg heavier. But it´s economic like before, while all three trims are a little bit more expensiv.
The smallest engine is now the I4 1.4i, instead of the I4 1.6i on the Carica I. But it has the same power, while using 9.8 lt/100 km. Like in all three trims, premium interoir, premium cassette player, power steering and ABS is standard. This trim will cost $28.000.
The second trim is the I6 1.8i. Its more sporty and comfy, but this engine needs the most fuel with over 10 lt/100 km. Price: §28.450.
The most power and sportiness got the I6 2.0ti with it´s 192 hp. This trim sets also the highest safety rating, while needing just 9.36 lt/100 km at over 1.5 tons of weight. $28.999 will be the price at your dealer.

1986 - 21th August
Nolden Ampuloso I

In 1986 Nolden showed a new model. The Ampuloso is a brand new roadster, which was originally designed as a concept. But the manufacturer decided to build it.
This brand new car is driveable and sporty, while being also comfy and prestigous. Also the safety standards and the standard reliability is given, while the car needs 10.5 lt/100 km.
The car can sprint from 0-60 mph in 5.9 seconds and is back to 0 after 40 meters. You can by the topspeed of over 285 km/h (177 mph) for $36.999 at your local Nolden dealer.

Nolden built a new V8 engine for the Ampuloso. A 317cc block with 300 hp and no turbo or MFI is the result.
1986 V8 317cc 300 HP / 415 Nm
Nolden will go for all new generation of the Ampuloso also on 300 hp, but will work to raise the torque. Even now, this engine builds up massive 415 Nm, while being still economic.

[u]1987 - 8th May/u]
Nolden Cruiser VIII Saloon

In '87 the eight generation of the Cruiser was born. Overall the car is now more comfy and equipped with better safety. Nolden worked also on the reliability and the economy, while the prices are a little bit lower.
The I4 1.4i is the cheapest of all three trims, but not the best in any point. It´s still better than the Cruiser VII I4 1.2i and will cost $24.500.
111 hp will come in the I6 1.8i version. It´s the most driveable and comfy, but uses also the most fuel with it´s 9.24 lt/100 km. Price: $24.750.
No V8 will be available this time, but the I6 2.0ti will be the sporty trim. 192 hp will bring the car in 10 seconds from 0-60 mph. It´s available for $25.600.

1988 - 1st June
Nolden Rennsport RX I/V

In 1988 Nolden produced a new race car for the 24h of Le Mans. This time there will be no qualification version, only a race trim and the car will be sold to privateer teams from 1989 on.
The car is still hard to drive, but even more sporty than before, while nearly no comfort took in place. Nolden also revised the safety standards of the car, because many hard crashs were seen in the last years.
The car is now over 100 kg lighter, speeds up to 350 km/h (217 mph) and also a bit more economic and even way more reliable. Costumers can buy the car for $115.000.
At the '88 24h of Le Mans Nolden was again with just one car at the start. Porsche had now also 3.0L engines, but the 7.0L V12 by Jaguar was way more powerful, even Jag don´t used a turbo. Nolden qualified outside the top20, but fought it´s way back to the front. At midnight Nolden was in fifth, because many teams struggled with the reliability and had to retire, while the RX I/V was running without a single unplanned stop.
In the early hours on sunday, Nolden was able to race in the same lap with the Jaguar and the worksteam Porsche. Together with Porsche, Nolden passed the Jag and fought for the victory. But Ludwig ran out of fuel in his Porsche, to give the lead to the Nolden team. Just half an hour before the race would end, Nolden had it´s first problem: again a flat tire, like in 1984. The team lost valuable time and the lead to the Jag, but was able to finish second after 394 laps. The team was enthusiastic, but is intent to come back and finally win the race.

The engine for the RX I/V will be also Noldens new F1 engine.
1988 RX F1 V8 3.0ti 718 HP / 671 Nm
Nolden was able to gain 31 hp and make the engine also more responsive, while its now lighter and more reliable, than before. Even the economy is better, but it´s not an evolution of the old RX F1 engine, Nolden build this one new by scratch.
Because a new reglement was build for 1989 a turbo engine wasn´t the best choice. Several teams came up with different engine builders, while the Nolden engine was only used by Osella Squadra Corse. The team finished just in three races and ended up with no points. Nolden decided, to stop the development of a turbo engine and will come back with a naturally aspired engine in the 90`s.

1989 - 18th March
Nolden Excelsior VII

In early '89 the seventh generation of the Excelsior was born. While the design was changed to the current look, the car became even more driveable and way more comfy. The luxury sedan has a luxury interior and all available safety features. Also the Excelsior became heavier, while the trim with the ‘small’ engine is even more economic. But both version will be more expensive, than before.
Also for the first time, the Excelsior will have an AWD only.
The I6 2.0t is now changed to the I6 2.0ti and despite it´s less powerfull, the car is quicker and way better to drive. The 1.57 tons car is available for $32.125.
The V8 version is now more powerful and gets the V8 317cc from the Ampuloso, instead of the old V8 3.0i. This ‘big’ version is more sporty and driveable at the same time, but weighs 1.7 tons and need 13 lt/100 km. The dealer price is at $35.225.

1990 - 25th April
Nolden Nabot VI

In 1990 the new Nabot was presented. The car will still feature a 1.0L and a 1.4L engine, but both are build new from scratch. The car is now way more comfy and safe, while it´s also heavier, but economic like before. In order to the better safety standards, the car will be a bit more expensive, than before.
The I4 1.0i has now 12 hp gained and is 150kg heavier, but also by 0.1 lt/100 km more economic at 6.30 lt/100 km. The price will be at $15.950.
In the I4 1.4i trim, the car will have 39 hp more, than the old version and is, of course, more sporty. But it´s also more driveable and lowered the fuel consumption from 7.8 lt/100 km to 6.8 lt/100 km. It´s the right choice, if you´re looking for a subcompact car and are willing to spend $16.500 for it.

The I4 1.0i and I4 1.4i were nearly 10 years old, so Nolden decided to not revise them, but build them new.
1990 I4 1.0i 53 HP / 78 Nm
The engine is now more powerful and gains 12 hp and 7 Nm, while it´s still reliable and more economic than before.

1990 I4 1.4i 91 HP / 113 Nm
Nolden worked out a way better 1.4L base and gained 39 hp and 24 Nm, while having a quieter and more reliable engine with a better economy.

1991 - 5th May
Nolden Rocco IV

After 14 years Nolden showed the new generation of the Rocco. The offroader (80) is now available in 3 very different trims.
The smallest engine is the I4 1.0i, but it´s driveable like the 1.2i from 1976. The car gained comfort and safety, and while the weight and reliability is higher, it uses also more fuel. The price starts at $18.000.
The second trim is the I4 1.4i and got nearly as much power, as the 2.0i from '76. This version is the most driveable, but uses less fuel than the 1.0i. For $19.600 it´s yours.
For the third trim Nolden built a new I6 2.0ti. This engine has over 300 hp and is able to pull even the biggest trailers. But a powerful engine and this high utility has it´s price: 18 lt/100 km and $24.225.

Noldens new I6 2.0i is a very powerful but still small engine.
1991 I6 2.0ti 307 HP / 325 Nm
With over 300 hp and 325 Nm of torque, this turbo engine is also able to be competitive in a sports car. Built with an all aluminium block, DOHC and 30 valves a big Air-Air ball bearing turbo brings the neccesary power. To keep the emission in control, Nolden implemented a high flow three-way catalytic converter.

1992 - 19th February
Nolden Espuro VI

For '92 Nolden used the I6 2.0i to built the new Espuro. While the car remains a sports car, Noldens goal was not to make it more sporty. The car is now more comfy and has way better safety standards. It´s a bit more reliable and uses a little bit less fuel. But because the car is harder to drive, it will make you feel like it´s more sporty than before. At least you need a pair of balls and $29.000.
The top speed is at 271 km/h and the Espuro can sprint in 10.4 seconds from 0-100 km/h and in 37.8 meters back to zero. The weight distribution is at 55/45, while the stiff chassis brings the roll angle down to 1.7°.

1993 - 29th June
Nolden Terpeno VI Hatchback

For the sixth generation of the Terpeno, Nolden decided to change the ‘big’ engine to the new 307 hp I6 2.0ti from '91. Overall the car is now a more reliable, while it´s just an evolution, not a revolution.
In the I4 1.0i trim the car gained 11 hp and is now bit more sporty. Also the costs are a bit higher and the price starts at $18.500.
The I4 1.4 has now 14 hp more and is available for $19.999. Also the Terpeno is now equipped with the I6 2.0ti. It´s the most sporty version, but has also the highest fuel consumption with over 14 lt/100 km. This car sprints in 11 seconds from 0-100 km/h and has a topspeed of 250 km/h. This trim is available for $24.500.

1994 - 31th August
Nolden Carica III

For '94 Nolden showed the third generation of the entry-level luxury sedan Carica. The company worked on the driveability and to lower the costs, while keeping the other charactistics of the Carica.
In the I4 1.4i trim the car gained 16 hp and is now sporty than before. Also the economy is a little bit better, while the costs are less and the price will start at $24.250.
Instead of the old I6 1.8i, the second trim has now a new I4 1.8tdi engine and gained 31 hp. The car is the best choice, if you want a good driveable car. But while it´s more reliable, also the weight and the fuel consumption is higher. But the new and cheaper engine allows a price of just $24.350.
The third trim is again the power I6 2.0ti with over 300 hp. It is the sporty choice, but you´ll will pay with nearly 16 lt/100 km and $30.990 for it. But at least you can reach 100 km/h in 14.2 seconds and the top speed will be at 275 km/h.

The inline-4 1.8L turbo engine will be the successor to the I6 1.8ti engine.
1994 I4 1.8tdi 142 HP / 171 Nm
This new engine has gained 31 hp and 12 Nm, while it´s quiter, more reliable and cheaper than the old 1.8L engine. Also Nolden changed from aluminium to an all cast iron block and put a direct fuel injection system and a turbo in it.

1996 - 15th March
Nolden Cruiser IX Saloon 50th Anniversary

In 1996 Nolden presented the 50th Anniversary Cruiser IX Saloon. Nolden worked hard to make the car way better to driver, lighter and cheaper for it´s costumers.
The I4 1.4i engine trim is the most economic of all and costs just $21.050. The I4 1.8tdi trim has a little bit less power, than the I6 1.8i from the old cruiser, but is the most driveable version. It´s also lighter than before and a bit more reliable. You can buy one for $22.050.
The third trim is the I6 2.0ti and will give you the most sporty feeling. Even with the big engine, it´s nearly 70kg lighter than before, but not as economic. Nolden sells the car for $29.050. But you can sprint from 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds and will have a top speed of 242 km/h.

1997 - 13th September
Nolden Excelsior VIII

The eight generation of the Excelsior got again an I6 2.0ti and a V8 317cc engine. But both are revised, while the car is more comfy and with higher safety standards than before. Also the weight, fuel consumption and prices are higher.
The I6 2.0ti edition has now 115 hp gained and is more sporty, but also the most comfy of all. Nolden wanted to reach the wealthy costumers and don´t mind 16 lt/ 100 km or the price of $37.000.
Also the V8 317cc edition is no more expensive, while Nolden tried again to keep the 300 hp. This trim is way better to drive and the most sporty of all. But again the car got high comfort and safety. The price? $39.995!

Nolden worked on the old V8 317cc and built a new one. While the power is the same, some things still changed.
1997 V8 317cc 300 HP / 430 Nm
Again Nolden not used a turbo or fuel injection for the V8 317cc, but gained 15 Nm of torque. But this time it´s not a DOHC 40V, Nolden changed to a MOHV 16V. More responsiveness and smoothness are the result, while the engine is lighter and more reliable. Also the costs are less, while the economy is nearly the same.

1999 - 19th June
Nolden Chiara III

After 14 years the third generation of the Chiara was presented. The mini SUV is now more comfy and safe, while it´s still reliable, economic and a little offroader (55).
In the I4 1.3tdi Eco trim the car has gained 72 hp, but is also 300 kg heavier. This version is the cheaper and economic ‘suburban offroader’ with 8 lt/100 km and a price of $22.850.
The 1.8tdi version has gained 67 hp to the old powerful trim and is way better to drive. Also the reliability and offroad skills are the best, but the car needs 12 lt/100 km and costs $25.400.

Nolden worked on a new 1.3L inline-4 engine in '98 to build an economic and quite powerful engine
1998 1.3tdi Eco 113 HP / 147 Nm
The turbo engine produces 113 hp and 147 NM, while it´s all aluminium block is quiet, smoot and light. The engine runs very lean and is made to safe fuel.

2000 - 9th September
Nolden Terpeno VII Hatchback

The new Terpeno Will still be the bestseller of the Nolden Automobil GmbH. The car is even more driveable and comfy, while also the safety equipment is better. The weight is now a bit higher, while the reliability is neary the same and the economy is better. Also the prices are about the same.
The I4 1.3tdi Eco trim is nearly the most comfy of all and has the lowest fuel consumption of just 7.48 lt/100 km. The price will be set at $18.990.
The I4 1.6tdi version has a new engine and becomes the most comfy, while it´s nearly as economic as the 1.3L engine trim. But it´s more sporty and will cost $19. 890.
The third trim is equipped with the I4 1.8tdi engine and is the most driveable of all, while it´s also sporty. Even the reliability is increased, but the car needs over 11 lt/100 km. The price will be $23.590.

The inline-4 1.6L turbo engine with direct fuel injection is the successor to the I4 1.6i engine from 1976.
2000 I4 1.6tdi 118 HP / 172 Nm
43 hp and 41 Nm were gained, while the engine is more responsive and quieter. Also it´s lighter, while the economy is about the same.

2001 - 29th January
Nolden Carica IV

The fourth generation of the Entry-level luxury sedan Carica is now more comfy and gets the newest safety standards. The car is also more reliable and a bit cheaper.
The I4 1.4 trim is changed to the I4 1.3tdi Eco engine. It´s a bit less driveable and sporty, but more comfy and safe, while also the reliability is better. And instead of ofer 9 lt/100 km, the new car needs just 7.8 lt/100 km. The new price will be $22.300.
The second trim is again the I4 1.8tdi, but with a better handling and more reliability. It´ll cost $24.800.
The third trim is a new I4 2.0tdi engine. Instead of over 300 hp, the powerful trim of the Carica has now just 170 hp. But while it´s less sporty, the car is way better to handle and also more comfy. Even the fuel consumption is down from 16 lt/100 km to 8.3 lt/100 km and the price dropped down to $26.350.

The inline-4 2.0L turbo engine is a whole new and better engine to the old inline-6 2.0L version.
2001 I4 2.0tdi 170 HP / 238 Nm
The I4 2.0tdi got much less power, but is more responsive, quieter, smoother, reliable and economic engine. With modern engineering Nolden was able to build the better 2.0L engine, while also the price is less.

2002 - 24th August
Nolden Venom I

The Venom is the first street legal super car by Nolden. But the goal of the company wasn´t to make the car as powerful, as it gets. Instead they wanted a car, which all costumers can handle.
With a new and small V8 the car runs with 300 hp and Nolden will set this for all new Venom. The car is one of the most sporty cars Nolden ever build and the sportiest street legal car. The car weighs und 1.1 tons and has a fuel consumption of 12.2 lt/100 km.
Compared to a Ferrari Enzo, the car is 1 second slower from 0-60 mph with it´s 4.1 seconds, but also uses less fuel and has just 300 hp instead of 660. A better competitor is the Ferrari 360 Modena. The 360 has 400 hp, but is 0.2 seconds slower in the sprint. But while the Venom has a top speed of 185 mph (297 km/h), the 360 can reach 189 mph (304 km/h).
Only the 360 Stradale with 426 hp is 0.1 seconds faster at the sprint from 0-60 mph. But Nolden has a big bonus to all of this data: The 360 needs about 6 lt/100 km more fuel and while Ferrari wants over $140.000 for the 360, but the Nolden Venom will be sold for just $91.500.

Nolden build a small 3.5L V8 engine for the Venom, to make a small and quite powerful engine.
2002 V8 213cc 300 HP / 337 Nm
Compared to the '97 V8 317cc, the new V8 213cc has the same power, but 93 Nm less. But Nolden worked, to make it more responsive and smooth, while it´s also more reliable and lighter. Also the costs dropped in this way. Nolden will go on with this concept for the sports cars and will keep the 300 hp V8 with a carburettor and without a turbo.

2003 - 4th April
Nolden Cruiser X Saloon

In '03 Nolden showed the 10th generation of the Cruiser. The car is now a bit more sporty, but also more comfy and equipped with better safety. Nolden worked also on the fuel economy, while the prices are a bit higher.
The I4 1.3tdi Version is the most driveable of all and comes with the best comfort, but it´s also the lightest and needs just 7.76 lt/100 km compared to 9.79 lt/100 km in the most economic version of the Cruiser IX. The price starts at $24.990.
The second trim is the I4 1.6tdi and is more sporty, but has just 5 hp gained compared to the 1.3tdi Eco version. The price will be $25.150.
The third version is the I4 2.0tdi with 170 hp and the most sporty of all. Also the safety is a bit higher, while the reliability is increased. And even the car has enough power to be one of the fastest Cruiser ever build, the car needs just 9 lt/100 km and costs $25.950.

2004 - 15th September
Nolden Sabera III

After 13 years Nolden developed the new Sabera III. The full-size SUV is still able to drive through hardest terrain (Offroad: 67) and is noew much more driveable, comfy and safe, while Nolden also worked on the reliability.
But with the V8 317cc engine and 381 hp, the car needs over 23 lt/100 km of fuel, while the costs are just a bit higher. If you want one, you´ll have to pay $28.450.

2005 - 5th May
Nolden Ampuloso III

In '05 Nolden presented the third generation of the roadster Ampuloso. The car has still 300 hp, but runs with the V8 213cc from 2002.
Nolden worked on the car to make it more driveable, but in order to that a bit less sporty. Also the comfort is now better, while the company again used better safety equipment.
While the car is as reliable as before, the fuel consumption is now at 16 lt/100 km and the price rises to $42.750. But for this amount of money, you´ll get a sprint from 0-60 mph in 5.8 seconds, a top speed of 259 km/h (161 mph) and will be back from 60 to 0 mph in 35 meters.

2006 - 30th January
Nolden Preto I Sportback

The Preto I is a new model by Nolden. It´s a Mid-size car only available as a station wagon.
The car is made to be driveable, comfy and economic, to be used as a family car or for business men.
The new I4 1.3tdi works in the Eco trim. It´s the most comfy version of the car with a high safety standard an good reliability. The Price will be at $28.350.
The I4 1.6tdi in the Blue Motion trim is even more economic in the combined fuel statistics, but uses much more fuel in the city. It´s the choice for business men on long road trips. It´s also the most driveable edition and will cost §28.950.
The third trim, the Eco Boost, has also a new engine: The I6 2.0tdi. It´s the most sporty and fun version with the best reliability. Of course 165 hp need more fuel, but Nolden managed to keep it in the same area, as the 1.6 and 1.3. You´ll need $33.995 for this car.

In 2006 Nolden Automobil GmbH overhauled the inline-4 1.3, the inline-4 1.6 and the inline-6 2.0 engine
2006 I4 1.3tdi 98 HP / 151 Nm
The new I4 1.3L turbo engine has 15 hp less, but gained 4 Nm. Nolden worked to make the engine more responsive and quieter, while it´s also more reliable. The emission is down from 207 to 99, while also the economy is better.

2006 I4 1.6tdi 121 HP / 187 Nm
The 1.6L inline-4 engine gained 3 hp and 15 Nm torque, while it´s 4 ccm smaller. Like the 1.3L engine, the 1.6 is now more responsive and reliable, while the emission also decreased from 210 to 98 and the economy is 7% better.

2006 I6 2.0tdi 165 HP / 235 Nm
While Nolden tried in 2001 to go down to 4 cylinders, the company changed back to 6 for the 2.0L engine. Despite 5 hp and 3 Nm less, the engine revs now up to 7000 instead of 5800 and is more responsive and way more smooth. Again the reliability is increased and the emission is down from 353 to 133. And once again the economy is about 10% better than before.

2007 - 3rd May
Nolden Nabot VIII

In '07 Nolden showed the eight generation of the Nabot. The car is now much heavier, but also more sporty, comfy and safe. While the reliability is a bit better, Nolden was able to keep it´s economy even with the double weight. But the prices are now much higher.
The smallest trim is now the I4 1.3tdi with 98 hp. It´s the cheapest and lightest trim with the best economy of just 6.17 lt/100 km at 1365kg. The car will cost $21.000.
The second trim is the I4 1.6tdi Bluemotion. It´s the most driveable of all and nearly as reliable and economic as the 1.3L engine trim. The price will be $21.450.
The third and sporty trim is equipped with a new I4 1.8tdi Eco Boost engine and AWD. Of course this will make the car very sporty, while also the front tires are wider than in all other trims. The fuel consumption is a bit higher, but still low with just 6.6 lt/100 km. If you want a small car for the city and still driving fun outside the city borders, you will choose this trim. The price is at $27.999.

The new 1.8tdi Inline-4 engine is not just a successor to the '99 version, it´s completly redone.
2007 I4 1.8tdi 147 HP / 210 Nm
The engine is now all aluminium and gained 5 hp and 39 Nm. Nolden increased the responsiveness and smoothness, while the engine is as reliable as before. Also it´s a bit lighter and 15% more economic.

2008 - 15th June
Nolden Espuro VII

After 16 years Nolden produced the seventh generation of the Espuro. The car has now a new engine, the first V6 by Nolden, but lost 70 hp. Despite this fact, the car is way more driveable, sporty and safe. Even the comfort is better, while the weight is a bit higher.
But Nolden also worked on the reliability, while the fuel consumption is a bit higher at 14.2 lt/100 km. The new price is also increased and at $37.995.
The car is able to do the sprint from 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds and back to 0 after just 36.7 meters. The top speed is at 265 km/h (164 mph).

The new V6 2.0L engine is the first V6 by the company and equipped with a direct fuel injection.
2008 V6 2.0di 227 HP / 195 Nm
The engine can rev up to 9100 rpm and is very responsive, but still quiet. It´s also a very reliable engine with a emission of just 121.

2008 - 15th June
Nolden Rennsport RX II/III Espuro VII

It took 33 years to build a new RX II. The third generation of this race car is based on the Espuro VII, but it´s only for track days. With the double amount of power (586 hp), the car is not only more sporty, it´s even more driveable. And of course the roll cage will give the car more weight, but also more safety.
As a big bonus, the car is also more economic as it´s street legal brother. But the car will only be sold to costumer teams to race it in GT3 series and has a price of $60.000.
Compared to the Espuro VII, the car nearly 2 seconds faster from 0-60 mph and needs just 4.6 seconds. Even the sprint from 50-75 mph is down from 4 seconds to 2.1 seconds, while the car comes from 60-0 mph to an halt after 31.6 meters. The topspeed is now up to 327 km/h (203 mph).

Nolden worked on the '04 V8 317cc to build it´s new V8 engine.
2008 V8 317cc 586 HP / 622 Nm
The engine has still now turbo, but a direct fuel injection. This will give the engine, which is now mostly cast iron, a boost of 205 hp and 178 Nm, while it´s a bit louder, but also more smooth. The emissions are at just 43 and also the economy is now increased by 10%.

2009 - 21st September
Nolden Rocco V

In '09 a new Rocco was built. It took Nolden 18 years to show the new Mid-size SUV, which is now heavier, but also more driveable, comfy, prestigous and a car with one of the best safety equipment Nolden ever used. But the car is still reliable and even more economic than before, while the costs are much more expensive than before.
The smallest trim is the I4 1.3tdi version. It´s the most comfy of all, but only usable as a “city suv”. This car needs just 10 lt/100 km, despite its 2 tons of weight and is available for $29.995.
The second trim uses the I4 1.8tdi engine and is right in the mix. It´s powerful to be usable as a real offroader (72), but still economic with just 10.4 lt/100 km. It´s the best compromise of all three trims and will cost $31.250.
The third trim is equiped with the V6 2.0di engine from the Espuro and has the most power and torque. It´s a little mule and the most drivable of all. The car is also the most reliable and as you can see, just build for on purpose: To pull heavy things. The economy of 21 lt/100 km shouldn´t scare you, because you´ll get a small SUV with the power of a big one for $35.950.

2010 - 2nd March
Nolden Terpeno VIII Hatcback

‘Never change a running system’ was the motto for the new Terpeno. The car is available in the same trims, but with newer engines. Overall the car is the same, despite it´s more sporty and with better safety standards, while it´s just a bit heavier. But the car is also more economic with more power.
The I4 1.3tdi trim is the most comfy of all and able to use just 6.6 lt/100 km fuel. The price will start at $22.500.
The second trim is again the I4 1.6tdi, but with 3 hp gained. It´s the compromise between the small city trim and the sporty road trim. It uses just a bit more fuel and is priced at $23.000.
The I4 1.8tdi trim has gained 5 hp and is the most sporty of all. But it´s also the most heaviest and needs 7 lt/100 km for a price of $26.250.

2011 - 16th September
Nolden Carica V

It took also 10 years to build a new Carica, the Entry-level luxury sedan of the Nolden Automobil GmbH. Nolden made the car more comfy and safe, while it´s also more reliable and economic as before.
The smallest trim is now the I4 1.8tdi. It´s the beginner version of the car with the best economy of 7.37 lt/100 km. But it´s also the lightest and cheapest for $27.995.
The I6 2.0tdi trim is the most comfy of all and will be used mostly as a company car. It needs still just 8 lt/100 km, despite 1.6 tons and 165 hp. The price will be $28.750.
The most powerful trim is equiped with the new V6 2.4di engine. It´s the most drivable of all, but nearly the lightest. The economy is still the highest with nearly 14 lt/100 km, but what do you expect with 223 hp. It´ll be sold for $31.990.

The 2.4L V6 engine is the seconds V6 from Nolden.
2011 V6 2.4di 223 HP / 225 Nm
Compared to the 2.0L from 2008, this engine has 4 hp less, but 30 Nm gained. It´s also way more smoother and more economic. But Nolden is just at the beginning to work with V6 engines and will still research to make this engine type better.

2012 - 6th July
Nolden Cruiser XI Saloon

The Cruiser is already in it´s eleventh generation. The new Cruiser is now more sporty and comfy as before, while it´s a bit lighter. But also the entertainment system is now much better and in order to that, the prices are a bit higher.
The smallest trim is now the new I4 1.5tdi. This version is the most comfy and lightest of all and needs 8.5 lt/100 km. The price for the car will start at $26.750.
The second trim gets also a new engine, the I6 1.8tdi. It´s a sporty and still comfy version of the car, while it´s also the most reliable.The Price will be at $27.800.
The third trim gets the biggest engine, the V6 2.4di. This will make the car not only the most sporty, but also the most drivable. The car has 7 gears in this trim and the best safety features. But of course this will have it´s price: 13.7 lt/100 km and $33.000.

The inline-4 1.5L engine and the inline-6 1.8L engine are both new for the making of the new Cruiser.
2012 I4 1.5tdi 125 HP / 174 Nm
The 1.5L turbo direct injection engine is a very reliable one. But this engine is still able to rev up to 7100 rpm, while it´s responsive and smooth. The emission is at 99, while the economy is still good.

2012 I6 1.8tdi 146 HP / 208 Nm
While a 1.8L engine isn´t new for Nolden, an inline-6 1.8L is. Compared to the 4 cylinders version, the engine as 1 hp and 2 Nm less, but it can rev up much more and is more responsive and way more smooth, while it´s also quieter and more reliable. Even the weight and the costs are less. But it´s emission is 33 higher and the economy is 6% less.

2013 - 3rd March
Nolden Ampuloso IV

The fourth generation of the Ampuloso was shown in 2013. The car has again 300 hp, but a new V8 244cc. While it´s a bit harder to control the car, it´s more sporty and comfy. Nolden was also able to reduce the weight by 24 kg, despite the bigger engine and was also able to decrease the fuel consumption from 16 lt/100 km to 13 lt/100 km. Also the costs are just a little bit higher and the new price is $44.000.
With the new sequential double clutch gearbox the car can run up to 275 km/h (170 mph) and sprints from 0-60 mph in 6.2 seconds and back to 0 after 35 meters.

Nolden Automobil GmbH decided to make the V8 a little bit bigger, instead to just overhaul it.
2013 V8 244cc 300 HP / 357 Nm
While the engine still has 300 hp, it gained 20 Nm and can rev 500 RPMs more up to 7300. It´s also a bit more reliable and 5% more economic, while other datas are about the same as before.

2014 - 25th October
Nolden Excelsior X

The new Excelsior is now in it´s 10th generation and is available as a station wagon. The car is more sporty and comfy than before, while the safety features are about the best Nolden ever used. The car gained 300 kg of weight, but is also more reliable and more economic. But of course Noldens flagship is more expensive than the old generation.
The first trim is the I6 1.8tdi with 146 hp. It´s the ‘light’ version with 2 tons and 11 lt/100 km. The price for this luxury car will be $38.500.
The second trim is the ‘real’ Excelsior. A new big V8 440cc will feature this version and makes it more driveable, sporty, prestigous and even safe. But the car weighs in this trim nearly 2.5 tons and uses 14.4 lt/100 km fuel. The price for this big car will be at $49.995.

The new V8 440cc is the biggest engine Nolden ever build.
2014 V8 440cc 500 HP / 670 Nm
This big block produces 500 hp and 670 Nm, while it´s also smooth and very reliable. But the engine has a weight of nearly 400 kg and is the heaviest ever produced. But still Nolden was able to make the engine quite economic.

2015 - 12th March
Nolden Nabot IX

In 2015 the smallest Nolden car gets an overhaul: The Nabot IX. While the starting price is now a bit less, the most expensive trim is a bit more expensive than before. But also the new Nabot got 7 gears in it´s automatic trims and only in the biggest trim a 6 speed manual gearbox. The car is driveable as before, but more comfy, lighter and reliable. Also the company was able to reduce the fuel consumption a bit.
The first trim is equipped with the new I4 1.1tdi engine. This Eco trim will give the car 72 hp and the best driving character. It´s also the lightest and most reliable, while using just a bit over 6 lt/100 km. The price will be $20.509.
The second trim gets the I4 1.3tdi and is badged Eco Boost. It´s more sporty with 98 hp, but uses also a little bit more fuel and will cost $24.509.
The third and biggest trim uses the I4 1.5tdi engine. This Boost trim will give you the most fun while driving, sending you with 125 hp at just 1.4 tons from 0-60 in 10 seconds. It´s also the most comfy and still very reliable, but uses 7.6 lt/100 km. If you want this little wolf in a sheepskin you need $28.509.

Nolden developed a new inline-4 1.1L engine.
2015 I4 1.1tdi 72 HP / 120 Nm
Nolden made this new and small turbo engine for the little cars. It has just 72 hp, but this is enough power for lightweights. And it´s fun to rev up to 7100 RPM. The engine is also quiet and smooth, while it´s very reliable and light. Also the emission of 80 is the best Nolden ever made, while the economy of about 30% is standard at Noldens Eco engines.

[quote=“Nolli”]Thanks. :slight_smile:

I know, the V8 is a little bit big. As i´m working on my (more euro-style) I4 i see that you can get very good results out of it. The cars will become cheaper with more reliabilty, economy and drivabilty. That´s the way i´m looking for. :slight_smile:

I added 1948 and 1949. I will also make a new structure in the first post soon. The post is way to long and confusing. I´ll fix that soon, but for now it´s to much fun to work on the cars and engines. :slight_smile:[/quote]

I can push some good results out of I4’s, that’s true. However try to be somewhat original. You can copy, but don’t make complete ripoff.
Just be original, and I’m looking forward to follow this company if you will follow the personality of it :slight_smile:

Because of many trial and error right now, i´ll be suprised by myself which way the company goes. ^^
Even out of 700cc or 900cc you can push good results. And it´s more realistic for a european car of that era. (except of Benz’ engines :wink: )

And i´ve added 1950 and 1951. :slight_smile:

[quote]1950 - 23rd January
Nolden Excelsior I 4-Door

Just 4 month after the Excelsior was released, the market boomed and Nolden decided to build a 4 door version of the car. The car comes in 4 trims. Together with the economic I4 a second more powerful version of that engine is available. Also there will still be the choice to get the car with a V8, but this time a whole new 4.0L as Standard or Eco Spec.
The car is more drivable than the 2 door version and a little bit safer. The V8s are more comfortable than before, while it´s eco version increased the mileage by nearly 100%.
The I4 versions are even more sporty, while not as comfortable. But they got a good economy and much cheaper prices. The I4 3.0 will be the cheapest at $15.701, the V8 the most expensive with $24.939.

The 5.0L era finally ended and a new V8 4.0 comes now along with a twice revised I4 3.0 Engine.
Nolden 1950 V8 4.0 223 HP / 329 Nm
The ‘Standard’ Spec of the new V8 is still not perfect. It got to much fuel consumption, but it can be a good alternativ for the old 5.0L Engines.

Nolden 1950 V8 4.0 Eco 201 HP / 356 Nm
The ‘Eco’ Spec of the new V8 is way smoother and economic. It also got more torque than the ‘Standard’ Spec with a better Economy.

Nolden 1947 I4 3.0 Evo 1950 152 HP / 275 Nm
Nolden lowered the power of the car by 9 HP, but reached way more torque and an even better economy with new settings on the old I4 Eco from 1947.

Nolden 1947 I4 3.0 Performance Evo 1950 180 HP / 287 Nm
With it´s ‘Performance’ Spec of the '47 I4 Nolden built an powerful engine. 19 extra HP and phenomenal 287 Nm torque are reached with this masterpeace of german engineering.

Noldens competitors BMW, Daimler and VEB Automobilwerk Zwickau also are now well established on the marked for all people, not only the rich. But all three are working with much smaller and cheaper engines, to get more costumers. Nolden falls in a bit of depression and is forced to build cars for under $15.000 in the next years.

1951 - 12th January
Nolden Cruiser II Saloon (US version: Sedan)

With the new year Nolden presented it´s new Cruiser II. The biggest difference won´t come with the actual look of the Nolden cars, it comes with the engines. Nolden acquired a BMW I6 2.0L engine and modified it for the Cruiser II. The second engine is a Nolden 1.2L I4 with much better materials used. As a result, both versions behave nearly the same. The I4 1.2 is more economic, but at the same time more expensive.
Nolden reached the goal of a cheap car, without loosing the identity of it´s previous cars. The 2.0L trim will cost $9.312 and the 1.2L trim is at $10.270. The goal was to build cars under $15.000 for the lower middle class people. It´ll help to stop the depression Nolden Automobil GmbH fell into, especially the cars are about §3.000 cheaper than a Mercedes, but about $1.000 dearer than a BMW.

The reason for nearly 12 month of hard work wasn´t to optimize the BMW, Nolden needed the time to build it´s I4 1.2.
1949 BMW I6 2.0 Evo 1951 100 HP / 151 Nm
The 2.0L engine was bought from BMW, but widely modified. 800 RPM more, 55 hp gained and 36 Nm more torque are the result of a complete overhaul. Also the engine is more responsive and reliable than the BMW version, but a little less economic at nearly the same material and service costs.

Nolden 1950 V8 5.0 Eco 65 HP / 105 Nm
The inhouse developed 1.2L engine is less powerful than the modified BMW 2.0L. But its 60 kg lighter and way more reliable. The material costs are the same, but the service costs is $300 less. Even it runs with super leaded fuel only, Nolden managed to get a better economy.

With the low service costs and the cheap prices for a modern and economic car (9.92 lt/100 km) Nolden suited the taste of many costumers and was able to avoid bankruptcy. The manufacturer can´t say, if the old engines will still be developed. But for now, the small 1.2L and 2.0L seem to fit much better in the new working-class state after WWII.

1951 - 4th June
Nolden Cruiser II Sedan V8

It took a little time, but Nolden was able to build a new V8 trim for its Cruiser II Sedan to keep it´s V8 fans of the market.
The design changed just a little bit, but the car is now even more drivable than the first two trims and more reliable than the I6 2.0. Also the car can reach now up to 172km/h (107 mph).
And for the first time in the history of the manufacturer, Nolden uses a automatic locker as differential. This reduces the wheel spin of the car to zero.

Nolden changed the bore and stroke of it´s old V8 4.0 to get an extra of 1 cc.
1950 V8 4.0 Evo 1951 100 HP / 151 Nm
This engine is more economic and needs much less cooling. It´s a little heavier, but can now be run with regular leaded fuel. Of course its power is down from 223 hp to 111 hp, the torque changed from 329 Nm to 231 Nm and instead of 5000 RPM used, Nolden just uses 3500 now.

Again this trim was a good deal for Nolden to get more costumers and now the company works on a new Cruiser II Hatchback.[/quote]

Whenever I look at your first car I imagine an Italian or French person twirling one of those thin curly mustaches… :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing:

Never thought about it. But now i see it to and have to smile every time ^^

Added 1952 to 1954 to the company history:

[quote]1952 - 2nd March
Nolden Cruiser II Hatchback

With the beginning of the new year, Nolden Automobil GmbH coudl finally finish the Cruiser II Hatchback version of the car. It´s a little more drivable and of cours sporty, than the sedan. But also Nolden rised the prices in order for better quality.
The engines are the same, as on the sedan. A revised BMW I6 2.0, and both in-house developed I4 1.2 and V8 4.0.

1953 - 8th May
Nolden Excelsior I Facelift

Nolden regained it´s stability with the set of cars in the last years and sold much more of them. The cheaper cars and smaller engines were exactly, what the customers wanted. Even Nolden lost some to the more presitgious Mercedes-Benz. But the could step up to BMW and the now called Auto Union, while leaving Opel behind.
In order to that, it was time to facelift the 1949 Excelsior. The ‘new’ Excelsior is way more modern. It´s more driveable, sporty, comforty and safe. But the car lost some of it´s prestige with the smaller engines. But the manufacturer could keep it´s reliabilty and lower the fuel consumption at nearly 50% of the old price of the car. Also it was the first time Nolden used a double wishbone in the front and a semi trailing arm in the back of the ladder chassis made of steel. The Nolden headquarter thinks thats a good idea and will hold on to it for the next cars.
The three engines will remain the I6 2.0, the I4 1.2 and the V8 4.0. But this time Nolden tried again to fix some things on them. Only the I6 2.0 will be unchanged again.

More reliabilty and better economy was the goal for the engineers to revise the three standard engines.
1951 I4 1.2 Evo 1953 66 HP / 106 Nm
Nolden gained 1 hp and 1 Nm on the 1.2L engine. The engine is now smoother than before and much mur reliable. Also Nolden could get 6 kg out of it and lower it´s economy by nearly 100 g/kWh.

1950 V8 4.0 Evo 1953 149 HP / 295 Nm
The biggest changes were made on the V8. Nolden used much better supplier to raise the hp from 111 up to 149 and the torque from 231 to 295 Nm. The engines now allows 3600 RPM instead of 3500, is a little bit less noisy, but nearly as double as smooth as before. Also the reliabilty was increased, the weight and economy decreased. And even the engine is nearly in every spot better than the old version, Nolden could also lower the service costs.

1954 - 11th March
1955 Nolden Concept NX1 NEC - 0154

At the 1954 Geneva Auto Show Nolden was initially represented with a concept car. The ‘NX1 NEC’, or in-house 0154 called, shows the way Nolden will go in the future. The car itself is worth nearly $100.000 and will never be produced.
The car is a very sporty and comforty on, with a completly new build V8 4.0 Engine. It will represent the state of the art at the pretige and safety for modern Nolden car. Even it´s a concept car, Nolden could keep it´s reliabilty and lower the economy to nearly 11lt/100km in a V8! With the first V8 from BMW and the Mercedes 300 SL, Nolden was the third german manufacturer with such a crowd puller.
Even the car itself will never be build, the design will be seen in a similar way at the next cars of Nolden.

The ‘Nolden Engine Concept’, short NEC, V8 4.0 is a whole new engine and got nothing in common with the old V8 4.0.
1954 NEC V8 4.0 262 HP / 435 Nm
A DOHC with 5 valves each are used at this new V8. Also forged steel, forged h beam conrods and a forged piston are used for the first time in an Nolden engine. With it´s 4 barrell twin carburettor and the long tubular headers with dual exhausts the engine produces 262 hp at 4300 RPM with 435 Nm of torque at 4200 RPM. This engine is quiet, smooth, powerfull and even economic and reliable at the same time. As with the design of the car, this engine will be seen in a more civil way in the next Nolden cars.[/quote]

Added 1955 to 1958 and a bunch of cars :slight_smile:

[quote]1955 - 13th March
Nolden Nabot I

In 1955 Nolden introduced it´s first B-Segment Subcompact car, the Nabot together with a new 0.7 inline-4 Engine. It is the most drivable and sporty car, much inspired by the NX1. The car weights just 660 kg and together with 45 hp it is also the most economic car so far.
The interior is quite simple with 4 standard seats and a basic AM radio. Although there is only one trim with offroad tires, the Nabot is nearly as quick as the Cruiser and the Excelsior, but got total costs of only $10k.

The new engine is the smallest Nolden ever produced.
1955 I4 0.7 45 HP / 59 Nm
The small and light I4 SOHC with it´s 699cc produces enough power to move the Nabot up to 140 km/h. It will become the new standard size of the B segment cars by Nolden.

1956 - 14th August
Nolden Terpeno I

In the summer of 1956 another new car was born. The Terpeno is Noldens first C-Segment Compact car. The car is nearly as good to handle like the Nabot, but offers mor comfort and prestige at higher safety standards.
The car is also quite light with under 1.000 kg in each of the three trims and got nearly the same mileage like the Nabot. But the total costs of the car are up to $20k with the biggest engine, the new I6 1.8.

While the I4 0.7 and the I4 1.2 are old engines, Nolden also introduced a new I6 1.8 and dropped the 2L engine by BMW. The I4 1.2 and the I4 0.7 weren´t changed at all and are the same like in 1952.
1956 I6 1.8 114 HP / 180 Nm
The new 1.8L engine is build quite simple, but got a DOHC and 30 valves für it´s 1998cc. The engine will produce 114 hp at 5800 RPM and 180 Nm at 2900 RPM. It´s stays quiet and smooth and is build economic. Only it´s reliability is a point Nolden will have a look on.

1956 - 10th December
Nolden Excelsior II

At the end of 1956 Nolden presented the second generation of the Excelsior at the New York Auto Show. The 1957 full-size car is now more comfy, prestigious and safer than the old Excelsior. More weight, but also more reliabilty will set the new standard for Noldens top class car. This powerful E-Segment car will double the costs, but also be a fair competitor for the Mercedes-Benz W105 and the BMW 501.
Together with a revised version of the '51 V8 4.0 a new V8 3.0 will be available.

The Excelsior will only use V8 engines to mark it´s top spot in the company.
1951 V8 4.0 Evo 1957 168 HP / 315 Nm
Nolden was able to squeeze 19 hp of more power out of the old engine and gained 20 Nm. At the same time the engine is now lighter and more economic than in the last revision of 1953. But this time, the big engine will be the one with less power and after 6 years it´ll be the last time Nolden worked on that block. A new 4.0L engine will be expected in the future.

1957 V8 3.0 210 HP / 296 Nm
The 3.0L V8 engine is based on the NEC from the NX1 concept car. But Nolden decreased the pistons bore and stroke to let it only use 2998cc. The Crossplane DOHC Carburettor with 40 valves will still produce 210 horse power and 296 Nm, while being smoother, lighter and nearly as economic as the '57 4.0L V8.

1958 - 2nd January
Nolden Cruiser Saloon III

Right with the beginning of the new year, Nolden released the third generation of the Cruiser Saloon. The E-Segment Mid-size luxury car will come in 3 specs. The '52 I4 1.2, the '56 I6 1.8 and the '57 V8 3.0.
The car is now a little better to driver, but much more comfy. With a little higher costs Nolden realised more prestige and safety combined with better mileage.[/quote]

Finally finished my company logo:

And added 1958-1959:

[quote]1958 - 15th April
Nolden Cruiser III Hatchback

Just a few month after the Saloon, Nolden presented the Cruiser III in it´s hatcback version. Instead of the V8, the engine line up will be completed by the tiny 0.8L inline 4. The car will become more driveable and cheaper.
The Nolden engines weren´t changed.

1959 - 21th August
Nolden Espuro I

In summer 1959 Nolden presented it´s first Grand Tourer and the sixth model: The Espuro. The car is the most sporty car in the companys history, but of course a very expensive one. Nolden regained it´s economic strength and is now able to build again such high class cars. Costumers can reach over 220 km/h, while the car is the first with automatic locker to erase wheel spin.

While the V8 3.0 and the I6 1.8 stayed the same, Nolden developed a new V8 4.0 for the Espuro.
1959 V8 4.0 223 HP / 339 Nm
The engine is the successor to the 1951 V8 4.0 and is now at modern standards. The flatplane block got forged steel and a 4 barrel single carburettor. In this spec, the engine can build up to 339 Nm of torque and 223 horsepower, while still beeing reliable and economic to get a mileage of about 14 lt/100km.

1959 - 15th September
Nolden Concept NX2 - 0259

A month later, Nolden finished another project. The new concept car NX2 0259 together with it´s NEC I6 4.0 engine. Both will be just to show, what´s possible, so money wasn´t a question this time. The car is driveable, sporty, extremly comfy and safe and will also come with prestige. At the same time the car is the most reliable from Nolden and with about 12 lt/100km also economic, regarding to the 310 horsepower.
Because of the high service costs, the engine will never be available to th public, but Nolden thinks about an motorsports entry. The body of the car will be seen in the second Espuro, but this will take some years. Parts of the design of itself will be seen in the near future on the next Nolden cars.

Nolden build a huge 4.0L I6 engine as a concept. As said, the engine is to expensive to build it for the public, but maybe it´s will be fielded otherwise.
1959 NEC I6 4.0 310 HP / 442 Nm
The engine is not only powerful, it is a smooth engine with a good mileage and reliability. 310 hp, 442 NM and just 463 g/kWh are the main keys.[/quote]

Added a whole bunch of cars and nearly the full century. :slight_smile:

But because i´ll reach modern cars quite quickly in that tempo, i left some cars and room, to make them later. :slight_smile:

[quote]1960 - 13th February
Nolden Nabot II

In 1960 Nolden showed the second generation of the subcompact car Nabot. The Car is now way more driveable, lost some weight, got an automatic gearbox and lowered the mileage to under 6 lt/100km. Also Nolden was able to reduce the costs by $700.
For a first time, the Nabot got 2 specs, the 0.7L and the 0.8L. With the new I4 0.8 the car behaves a little better, while having a manual gearbox, but stays again under 6 lt/100km.

Nolden revised the old 0.7L and developed the new 0.8L inline-4 for the new Nabot
1955 I4 0.7 Evo 1960 46 HP / 62 Nm
The I4 0.7 gained 1 HP and 3 Nm, but is now smoother and more reliable than before. Also the economy and the service costs has been revised.

1960 I4 0.8 55 HP / 70 Nm
The 0.8 is the next generation of the 0.7 and is now more responsive and nearly as economic, while producing nearly 10 hp and Nm more.

1960 - 14th April
Nolden Terpeno I RS

Two month later, Nolden revised the compact car Terpeno and presented the Terpeno I RS to the public. The car became a powerful version of the Terpeno I, while having now 3 engine options: The I4 0.8, the I4 1.8 and the I6 2.6.
The first street legal sports compact car by Nolden will feature the new 2.6L inline-6 engine, which produces up to 145 hp and is a sporty, comfy and economic facelift of the old Terpeno I.

While the 1.8L and the 0.8L are the same from before, the I6 2.6 is brand new.
1960 I6 2.6 145 HP / 279 Nm
The engine will give it´s owner at the same time power and smoothness combined with a good economy. For that reason the engine is quite expensive, but with a good reliability it´s worth every penny. Fans of the Terpeno will say, only the 2.6L engine is the right spec for the RS.

1961 - 1st March
Nolden Terpeno II

After the Terpeno I RS was loved by the costumers, Nolden quikly produced the second generation of the car. The Terpeno II now will be only available in a hatchback version, but is more driveable and way more cheaper than before.
Nolden was able to lower the fuel consumption and gave the car more reliability at the same time. But the 2.6L engine from the RS won´t return for now.

The most powerful engine will now be a new 1.2L inline-4, which produces just half of the power of the 2.6. But the engine is cheaper, more economic and shows, that the RS will be a one off for now.
1959 V8 4.0 70 HP / 107 Nm
The I4 1.2 is a new evolution of the old '53 1.2. It is a modern engine and no revision. It is now more powerful, while still having the advantages of the old one. Only the reliabilty will be revised in the future.

1961 - 6th May
Nolden Excelsior III

In May '61 Nolden showed the third generation of the Excelsior. The Full-size luxury car trumps again with comfort, prestige and safety. But this time, there will be an US spec, an EU spec and one spec for both markets.
The US Spec is powered by a 4.0L V8 engine and a 2 gears automativ drivetrain.
The EU Spec uses the I6 4.0 engine from the NEC concept, but offers a 4 gear manual shifter.
For both markets a V8 3.0L engine is available, but again only with 4 gears manual drivetrain.

While the NEc I6 4.0 stays the same, both V8s are revised.
1959 V8 4.0 Evo 1961 233 HP / 356 Nm
The 4.0L engine produces now 10 more hp and 17 more Nm, but is smoother, more reliable and more economic than the old version.

1957 V8 3.0 Evo 1961 197 HP / 272 Nm
At the 3.0L engine Nolden choose a different way. The engine lost 24 Nm and 13 hp, but is now much cheaper to build while keeping the rest of it´s ‘DNA’.

1961 - 24th August
Nolden Cruiser IV Saloon

The fourth generation of the Cruiser is a slight update. The car is now more driveable and now available with an automatic 2 gears drivetrain. Also Nolden gained safety features of the car, while offering the car for $4.000 less.
While the car will be available in Europe with the 1.2L inline-4 and the 2.6 inline-6, the US spec gets the 3.0 V8 engine and automatic drivetrain only.

1962 - 15th June
Nolden Rocco I

In 1962 a new Nolden model came on the market, the Rocco. It is a compact MPV offroad skills of 25.6. Also it is an easy driveable car with good reliability and economy at low prices.
The Rocco comes with the 1960 I4 0.8 and the 1961 I4 1.2 engine, while offering 1099L cargo volume and 2410L passenger volume.

Also Nolden changed it´s standard colors. Light blue will be all ‘normal’ street cars. Yellow will be the ‘Power cars’, red the concept cars and shiny white the race cars.

1963 - 30th March
Nolden Espuro II Convertible

The second generation of the Espuro is now available as a convertible. With the big V8 4.0 engine the car is made for the US market, but will be sold also in europe.
The car is now more comfy, prestigous and reliable, while improving the mileage a little bit and reducing the costs about $800. But the old V8 from 1959 is now the revised version from 1961.
Still the car is 3 seconds slower from 0-60 mph as a Jaguar E-Type.

1963 - 27th September
Nolden Cruiser IV Hatchback

It took Nolden 2 years to build the Hatchback version of the Cruiser. The car is now available with a I4 1.2 and a brand new I6 1.8 engine.
The new Hatchback gains comfy and safety standards and is a little bit cheaper than the Saloon.

Nolden build a new I6 1.8 for this car.
1963 I6 1.8 91 HP / 151 Nm
Compared with the old engine, the new got 23 hp and 29 Nm less, but is smoother, more reliable and nearly as economic as the old one.

1964 - 1st July
Nolden Vectura I

In '64 Nolden presented the new Vectura to the world. After the Rocco became a success, Nolden build a cargo van based on the comments of the Rocco customers.
The car got a 1.2 inline-4 and the 1.8 inline-6 engine with a new 3 gears automatic shifter or a 5 gear manual drivetrain. It´s best data is the cargo volume with nearly 7000L.

1965 - 21th May
Nolden Rennsport AG RX I

In 1965 Nolden founded the Nolden Rennsport AG and showed it first race car. The Le Mans race ‘RX I’ uses a new NEC RXI I6 3.0 engine is very sporty, while economic at the same time.
With a sprint from 0-60 MPH in 6.5 seconds and 260 km/h max, the car was quick, but not the fastest. Also Nolden had some problems with the reliability and had to retire.
The car ran in eight position behind the Ferraris and the Porsches, but after 198 laps, the car was just rolling and finally stopped on track. The only entry from the team was classified in 24th position.

The engine was a new 3.0L inline-6 in race trim.
1965 I6 3.0 276 HP / 343 Nm
It produced nearly 280 hp and over 340 Nm, but also was very responsive for an engine by Nolden. But it wasn´t reliable and forced the team to retire.

1965 - 18th July
Nolden Cruiser V Saloon

The new and fifth generation of the Cruiser comes with 4 trims. Starting with a I4 1.2 engine, up to an I6 1.8 and I6 2.6, while the US market also gets the new V8 302cu.
The car gains driveability, while the V8 is the most sporty Cruiser in it´s history. Also the car got better comfort, prestige and safety than before.

While the three inline engines stayed unchanged, Nolden showed a new V8 to the US public.
1965 V8 302 311 HP / 461 Nm
The new Flatplane V8 got 302 cu and produces massive 311 hp and 461 Nm, while being reliable. The economy is good, but not as good as Nolden normally shows.

1966 - 28th September
Nolden Terpeno III Hatchback

After the Terpeno II was not as good to sell, like the Terpeno I RS, Nolden revised the car strongly. The car is now sporty and comfy, while being the most driveable of all Nolden cars. Also it´s economic, reliable and the 0.8 inline-4 engine version is available for under $10.000.

After the old I4 1.2 was started to be developed in 1961, Nolden decided to build a completely new one for 1966.
1966 I4 1.2 81 HP / 109 Nm
Nolden gained 11 HP and 2 Nm on the engine, while its a bit more smoother and economic.

1967 - 5th April
Nolden Excelsior IV

The fourth generation of the flag ship of the Nolden company, the Excelsior, came out in 1967. The car is now way more driveable than the third generation and gains also comfort, prestige and safety. Also the Excelsior IV is now more economic.
For europe the '65 I6 2.6 will be in the car, for the US market the V8 302 take in place.

1967 - 12th October
Nolden Nabot III

In Fall '67 Nolden showed the new Nabot. The car is exactly 1000 kg heavy, but now with it´s I4 0.8 engine more comfy, safe and $600 cheaper than before.

The I4 0.8 got a slight update, to produce a little bit more power and better economy.
1960 I4 0.8 Evo 1967 56 HP / 72 Nm
Nolden changed the settings on the engine, to get now 56 hp, 72 Nm and 540 g/kWh.

1968 - 9th June
Nolden Rocco II

The second generation of the Rocco was build in '68. The car more comfy and safe, while it´s also available as a pick up truck. Nolden also increased the offroad skills to 34.5.

To reduce costs, Nolden used the old I4 1.2 from 1961 and revised it.
1961 I4 1.2 Evo 1968 70 HP / 105 Nm
The engine got now a little bit more power, while running smoother and giving the car more torque.

1968 - 27th August
Nolden Espuro III Rennsport RX II

In '68 Nolden build an entry for the Trans-Am Championship with the Rennsport Version RX II of the new Espuro III. Nolden revised it´s V8 302 engine for it and was able to build a quick Trans-Am Racer with 337 hp and under 1.500 kg.
After the RX I wasn´t very reliable, Nolden was now able to build a car, that could finish the races. Also the car is just 0.5 seconds slower from 0-60 MPH than the Ford Mustang Boss 302, while needing 7 seconds for that sprint.
Because Nolden took part in all of the 13 events, the manufacturer could reach the third place by one point over American Motors and behind Ford and Chevrolet.

The RX version of the V8 302 is a powerful, but reliable engine.
1965 V8 302 1968 RX 337 HP / 491 Nm
Nolden changed the intake, the headers and the mufflers to reach an extra of 26 hp and 30 Nm in the engines race trim, while not loosing it´s reliability.

1969 - 1st March
Nolden Terpeno III Hatchback Facelift

In 1969 Nolden facelifted the Terpeno III Hatchback. The car is as driveable like before, but gets two new engines. An I4 1.5 and an I4 1.6, to be competitive to the Volkswagen 1600 Typ 3. But because of better safety standards, the Terpeno III is a little bit more expensive.
The Terpeno III Facelift is now also a bit more comfy, while Nolden again lowered the costs for the car and reaching nearly the same mileage with the bigger engines.

Nolden reduced the costs for the engine, while using the same block for both, the 1.5L and the 1.6L engine.
1969 I4 1.5 76 HP / 123 Nm
The smaller 1.5L is cheaper, smoother and of course more economic than the bigger one.

1969 I4 1.6 84 HP / 139 Nm
The 1.6L I4 engine has 8 hp and 16 Nm gained, while also is more responsive than the 1.5L engine.[/quote]

Awesome as usual.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Some new cars and an engine without a car added:

[quote]1970 - 25th January

In early 1970 presented the RS and the RX version of the Terpeno III, to get back the customers of the Terpeno I RS.
The RS is way more sporty, than the normal Terpeno III, gained safety standards and is more reliable. Also it´s still quite economic.
The RX is the Rally version of the Terpeno III. It´s even more sporty, than the RS and again safety features are raised. The RX is very reliable, but now wants 12 lt/100km and is nearly as double expensive, than the normal Terpeno III. But for racers, it is a good and quite cheap choice.

Both cars will get an own engine:
1963 I6 1.8 Evo 1970 125 HP / 180 Nm
Nolden revised the 1963 I6 1.8 for the RS. The engine got now 35 hp and 29 Nm gained, and is still economic, light and reliable.

1970 I6 2.6 213 HP / 272 Nm
For the new RXIII Nolden also developed a new 2.6 inline-6 engine. This one got over 200 hp, while being lighter than the 1.8L engine. It´s also more responsive and reliable, to offer good performance and no braking down.

1970 - 3rd February
1970 Alfa Romeo 33TT3 N-Spec 413 HP / 359 Nm
Also in 1970 Nolden showed a new project. The manufacturer worked together with Alfa Romeo to build a new engine for the Alfa Romeo 33TT3. The V8 produces massive 413 hp and 359 Nm, while being reliable and quite economic.
Alfa Romeo had good races with that engine, but was beaten by the 5L engines from Porsche and Ferrari. But the team could win some races in it´s class.
McLaren also used a revised version of the engine in Formula 1. But despite a few finishes outside the points, the team wasn´t able to qualify with this engine and mostly used the Cosworth in this season.
It is said, that McLaren was able to produce 446 hp at 10.400 RPM with that engine. But no one knows exactly, because even Nolden wasn´t involved in tuning and McLaren never told the correct data to the public.
But Nolden will go on to update the 33TT3 engine, to make Alfa Romeo a winning team again.

1970 - 19th July
Nolden Vectura II

Also in 1970 Nolden Automobil GmbH showed the second generation of the Vectura. The MPV is now available with 9 seats, while the cargo volume is 160L smaller than before at 6840L.
The car will be powered with the 1970 I4 1.8 and the I4 1.2 engine, like the first generation. The car is now more driveable and gains 10 to 35 HP. Also Nolden was able to better the mileage on the car.

1971 - 12th May
Nolden Rennsport AG RX I / II

One month before the 24h of Le Mans the Nolden Rennsport AG showed the new RX I / II. The team used the engine, they developed for Alfa Romeo, but sorted some things out to be more reliable.
As a result, the engine lost 48 hp, but was still 365 hp strong and way more reliable. Also the RX I body was updated and became an automatic locker, 2 Piston solid brake discs in the front and back and Gas Mono-Tube Dampers. But the car still had nearly 20% of wheel spin and was hard to handle. But with good feeling for the throttle, a driver was able to squeeze 0-60 MPH in 5.1 seconds out of the car, while reaching nearly 175 MPH / 280 km/h.
At Le Mans, the car was good, but there was no chance to keep it up to the 5.0L V12 cars. The RX I / II battled with the Porsche 911S and the new Ligier JS3. But with a better mileage than the Cosworth 3.0L V8 of the Ligier and more Power than a Porsche, the team was able to get ahead of them. In the middle of the night a little part of the exhaust broke down and Nolden had to fix it. It costs the team several laps and the Ferrari 365, a Porsche 911S and a Porsche 907 could pass them. But the team recovered and at least they could pass the two Porsche, to finish the race after 313 Laps in sixth position.
The team was very happy to finish the race, even they lost the Top5 position by a reliability problem. But the team will come back with a better package to finish in an even better position.

Nolden revised the Alfa Romeo 33TT3 engine for the RX I / II, to make it reliable enough for 24 hours.
1971 Alfa Romeo 33TT3 N-Spec RX 365 HP / 337 Nm
Nolden chose to change the intake of the car. Of course they lost a lot of power, but as a result the engine was way more reliable. But even that was enough, because the exhaust was made for such a long durance and finally broke down.
[/quote]

Again a little bunch of new ones. :slight_smile:

[quote]1972 - 10th April
Nolden Cruiser VI Saloon

The sixth generation of the Cruiser is now able to drop the fuel consumption over 1 lt/100 km compared to the best trim of the fifth generation. Even the biggest engine is just 1.19 lt/100 km less economic, than the most economic before.
Nolden Automobil GmbH used 3 engines on the new Cruiser, that weren´t used before on the car. The I4 1.5 and I4 1.6 from 1969, but revised, and a new I4 2.0i with a mechanical injection fuel system.
All three specs are more driveable and comfy than the generation 5 was, but some safety aspects are lost. Also the new engines are not as reliable, as the manufacturer wished they where. But at least Nolden could keep the old price of the car.

Two engines were revised, the I4 2.0i was a whole new development.
Nolden lost 4 hp and 1 Nm on the 1.5L engine, but reduced the weight, increased the smoothness and the economy.

1972 I4 1.6 78 HP / 132 Nm
Also on the 1.6L inline-4 engine Nolden used better materials and a different setting and again lost 6 hp and 7 Nm to increase smoothness, weight, reliability and economy. It´s the most efficent engine of all three on the Cruiser VI.

1972 I4 2.0i 96 HP / 169 Nm
The 2.0L inline-4 engine is the first street legal engine with a mechanical fuel injection system to better the economy. This technology was tested before at the RX I/II. The aluminium block is even lighter, than the I4 1.6, while being also more reliable. The smooth and responsive engine is able to produce 96 hp and 169 Nm. BMWs 2.0L inline-4 engine produces nearly 25 hp more, but 9 Nm less than this one.

1972 - 29th November
Nolden Excelsior V

In late '72 Nolden presented the fifth generation of the full-size luxury car: The Excelsior V. For the first time, the car was available as a station wagon. For europe only the I4 2.0i engine was in the car, at the US market the customers could choose between the 302cu and the new 370cu V8.
All three specs are very different to each other. The I4 2.0i is the most comfy, reliable and economic of all, but the most expensive and only buyable for the higher class.
The V8 302 is the most driveable with the best safety package, but also it´s the heaviest and least economic.
The V8 307 is the powerful sporty and presigous car, but nearly as expensive as the euro-version. But with 1/4 better fuel consumption.
All specs are not very cheap, but still the Excelsior is Noldens top dog and will always be bought by the wealthy costumers.

The 370cu V8 is a new engine by Nolden Automobil GmbH.
The big 6L V8 engine tops the power of the V8 302 (5L) by only 24 hp, but the real talent is the phenomenal torque of 570 Nm. That are 109 Nm more, than the 302 got. Also it´s more responsive, quiter, smoother, lighter and economic. But of course this big engine has it´s price.

1973 - 24th February
Nolden Concept NX3 03/73

While the oil crisis began, Nolden showed a new concept car. The NX3 03/73 is a car, that will never be build, but shows, whats possible. Together with a new 5.0L V8 the car can reach over 250 km/h (155 mph) and is still able to be below the american regulation of 10,5 lt/100 km. The sporty car is also very comfy, driveable and the most reliable Nolden ever showed to the public. At the same time, the car is up to the best safety standards of the company.

The V8 5.0 is also just a concept and won´t be seen in that version in any car. Nolden thinks to use it for future race cars, but even this isn´t for sure.
1973 NEC V8 5.0 223 HP / 480 Nm
With the best technology available by Nolden, this engine is not the most powerful, but it provides 480 Nm at 1500 RPM! Also its very smooth and reliable, combined with a good fuel consumption.

Because of the oil crisis, all Nolden cars will have to be within some regulation till the end of '79. No street legal car is allowed to use over 10.5 lt/100 km of 91 RON fuel. Also Nolden will have keep a reliability from above 65, while the costs stay below $13.500.

1974 - 5th June
Nolden Nabot IV

The first car for the new regulations is the fourth generation of the subcompact car Nabot. Nolden tried to show, that a cheap, reliable and economic car doesn´t has to look like one. Three specs are available for the car.
The I4 1.0i is a really good driveable car with a little bit more comfort than, the generation III Nabot. Also its more reliable, lighter and got the best fuel consumption of all specs with just 6.93 lt/100 km.
The I4 1.2i is also a new engine, to make the car a little mit more sporty, while beeing still reliable and economic. Both versions cost under $8000 and are available for $14.450 (1.0L) and $14.950 (1.2L).
The third spec is equipped with the 2.0i from '72. It´s the most sporty and reliable of all, while it´s mileage is still under 8 lt/100 km. But in this trim the car will cost much more and is available for $25.525 at your local dealer. But that much money, you´ll get the fastest Nabot of all times. It can reach up to 166 km/ and sprints from 0-60 mph in 12.2 seconds.

To lower the fuel consumption, Nolden developed two new engines.
1972 I4 1.0i 51 HP / 83 Nm
The 1.0L is the smallest engine for the new generations. It is quite smooth, but reliable and economic.

1972 I4 1.2i 73 HP / 102 Nm
The 1.2L engine performs a bit better, but all other datas are nearly the same. Of course it´s a bit more expensive and will be the new standard engine for all cars except the compact class.

1974 - 19th August
Nolden Chiara I

At the end of the summer '74 Nolden produced it´s eight model: The Chiara. An economic and cheap mini SUV. The Chiara is the little brother of the Rocco and available in two trims: The I4 1.2i and the '72 I4 1.6.
Both versions are good offroader (43+) and comfy. Also both are light and reliable, while they can carry over 2000L of cargo.
The I4 1.2i will be purchasable for $15.500. With it´s injection engine, it is nearly as powerful, als the 1.6L trim, but the fuel consumption is higher.
The bigger I4 1.6 got much more torque and also has a better mileage. It is the better choice in hard terrain and will cost $18.625.

1975 - 3rd March
Nolden Terpeno IV

In early '75 Nolden showed again a small an cheap car. The fourth generation of the best-seller Terpeno was born. It´s available in 4 trims:
The I4 1.0i from '74 is the lightest of all and will cost $13.950.
The I4 1.2i is also from '74, got the worst fuel consumption of 7,5 lt/100 km, but is also nearly the fastest despite it got 0.4L less than the biggest engine. You can have one for $14.250.
The I4 1.5 '72 is the only automatic driveshift option. It´s the best driveable and comfy and will cost $16.250.
The I4 1.6 '72 is the biggest and strongest engine. This trim sets also the best safety standards and economy and is available for just $14.900.
All four version are easy to drive, than the gen III, while the I4 1.2i is even more sporty. Also the cars are nearly as comfy and safe, while all are mor economic, cheaper and way more handy than before. Nolden hopes to be successful like with the Terpeno III and promises again a RS and a RX in the next years.
[/quote]

By the way: Thanks to all the great modders. :slight_smile:

[quote]1975 - 25th April
Nolden Espuro IV

After Nolden first showed just small cars under the new company regulations, the manufacturer presented the fourth generation of the Espuro. “The easy sports car” was the slogan for the GT. It´s nearly as easy to handle, like the Nabot or Terpeno, but also the most sporty street legal car Nolden produced till now.
The big V8 5.0 from the '73 concept was revised, to be more economic and also the safety standards are now better. While the Espuro IV is just 14 kg heavier than the Espuro II, the car is nearly as reliable and lowers the fuel consumption from 13 to 9 lt/ 100 km. Also the costs are now down by $5.000, to make the car available for just $25.999.
The Espuro sprints from 0-60 mph in 9.9 seconds and has a top speed of 140 mph / 230 km/h, while the roll angle is just at 1.2° and the back has over 60 kg of downforce at 200 km/h. With it´s solid brake discs in the front and back, the car coms to an stop from 60-0 mph after 38 m.
Also a RX version is planned, to race in the Le Mans GT class.

The engine is the same, as used in the '73 NEC concept. But Nolden changed some materials and the setting, to make it cheaper and more economic.
1973 NEC V8 5.0 Evo 1975 222 HP / 429 Nm
Compared to the NEC, the revised version lost 1 hp and 51 Nm of torque, but Nolden was able to increase the economy to keep the car below the magical 10.5 lt/100 km and could even drop it to under 9 lt/100 km, while it just runs with 91 RON. Also the costs decrease by over 75%!

1975 - 1st June
Nolden Espuro IV Rennsport RX II/II

In June Nolden finished the RX II/II for the GT class of the 24h of Le Mans. While the oil crisis also reached Le Mans and the cars had to manage 20 laps without refueling, Nolden couldn´t just ‘pump up’ the V8 5.0 from the street Espuro IV. Together with Alfa, the manufacturer developed it´s first turbo engine and was able to squeeze more power out of a V8 2.0 engine.
The car is harder to drive and even got wheel spin with it´s viscous LSD. But the car is made for racing and in order to that, Nolden was able to loose 85 kg of weight and make an even more reliable car. The mileage is good enough to manage 20 laps with max. 35 lt on board. Nolden will also sell the car from '76 on to costumers for $60.000.
While the sprint from 0-60 mph needs 8.6 seconds, the car can stop within 31 meters. The topspeed will be at about 280 km/h (175 mph) with the spoilers set to 0 for Le Mans.

At Le Mans '75, the team was not quick enough, to keep it up with the Porsche 911 RSR, but the car was reliable enough to finish the race without any problems. After 296 laps, the team finished in 6th in front of the first of two 911 RS and the Ferrari 365 GTB/4. But Nolden will come back in this class, to finish on the podium.

The first of two engines developed with Alfa is the 2.0L Turbo spec.
1975 Alfetta GTV V8 2.0 RX 262 HP / 279 Nm
For the first time Nolden produced a turbo engine. From just 2.0L the engine will produce over 260 hp and is still economic enough, to fit in the new Le Mans regulations. But it is not perfect and Nolden has a lack of about 40 hp to the Porsche 3.0L inline-6 engines.

1975 - 1st June
Nolden Rennsport RX I/III

On the same day, Nolden revealed the New RX I/III. Again they worked together with Alfa Romeo, but this time on a 3.0L turbo engine.
The car got now 10 hp more and vented brake discs in the front and back. It is driveable like before, but more sporty and faster, while also being 50 kg lighter. Nolden managed to keep the fuel consumption as before and is able to go 21 laps without refueling. But the costs are much higher than before, so that Nolden will sell this car also from the end of the season on.
The RX I/III needs 5.8 seconds from 0-60 mph and can reach a top speed of 330 km/h (205 mph).

Nolden was able to be quite competitive to the Ford Cosworth powered cars. But the Mirage and the Ligier where 30 hp stronger and a bit faster on the straights. Without reliability problems Nolden could atleast beat the Porsche to finish fourth in the S3.0 class and overall, after 332 laps.

The second turbo is also an Alfetta GTV V8, but this time in the 3.0L spec.
1975 Alfetta GTV V8 3.0 RX 375 HP / 376 Nm
The engine was nearly to big, to fit in the car. The turbo had to be quite small and Nolden decided to run with a little less power, instead of changing the old body to a new one. But the time is now finally over for the RX I body, after 10 years.

1976 - 14th March
Nolden Rocco III

In '76 the new Rocco was born. In three specs is the car now heavier and more reliable than before. All three can carry cargo of 2700L.
The smallest engine is the I4 1.2i with 73 hp. It´s most comfy version and with 1040 kg the lightest. But it´s not the most reliable and economic, while being the best offroad of all (43). It´s available for $16.500.
A little bit stronger is the I4 1.6i version with 75 hp. The car has the best safety features, but is at the same time the heaviest and most economic with 8.25 lt/100 km. You can get one of your own for $25.500.
The biggest engine is the I4 2.0i. 96 hp will bring you everywhere! The car is the most reliable of all three, but also got the worst fuel consumption at 10 lt/100 km. Also it´s the most expensive with it´s $26.300.

The I4 1.6 engine from 1969 has been revised.
1969 I4 1.6i Evo 1976 75 HP / 131 Nm
The 1.6L engine is now also fitted with a mechanical fuel injection, to be more economic, reliable and still powerful. Of course the engine lost 10 hp and 8 Nm, but it´s more responsive and, as said, way more reliable.

1976 - 21th June
Nolden Carica I

In '76 the ninth model of Nolden Automobil is born: The Carica. This entry-level luxury car is a tough competitor to the BMW E21. A I4 1.6i and 2.0i are available, but also the big V8 370 is revised for this car.
The I4 1.6i is the beginner version. It´s fuel consumption is .8 lt/ 100 km less than the BMW, but is 4 seconds slower from 0-60 mph with a total of 18.7 seconds. Also it´s price of $21.000 is about $2.000 more than BMW wants for the same power.
In the I4 2.0i the car has 97 hp and is comparable to the BMW 318. With 13,5 seconds from 0-60 the Carica is just 1,6 seconds slower, but this time the BMW uses also 0.1 lt/100 km less. But Nolden has a better reliability and wants $22.500 for this safety package. The BMW is $3.000 cheaper.
The sportiest version is the V8 370. BMW got now comparable car, because their strongest car only delivers 143 hp, while the carica has 249. But now the Nolden Carica shows it´s real character. With 8.3 seconds from 0 to 60 mph the Carica is 1.3 seconds faster and also got 30 km/h more topspeed. The fuel consumption is at it´s limit of 10.5 lt/100 km, but only .9 lt/100 km worse than the BMW. Also the price of $24.650 is just $1.500 more expensive than the BMW. Most customers, which have the money for a BMW 323i, will choose the Carica V8. You have to spend just a little more money and will get much more car!

The V8 370 has to be revised, to be cheaper and more economic.
1972 V8 370 Evo 1976 249 HP / 488 Nm
Nolden changed some of the materials and the whole setting. The power nearly dropped by 100 hp and Nm, but now this engine is cheap enough, to fit in the “$13.500 overall cost”-regulation and economic enough, to keep a car under 10.5 lt/100 km.
[/quote]

[quote]1977 - 4th January
Nolden Terpeno IV Hatchback RS

Finally Nolden finished the RS version of the Terpeno IV. At the same time Nolden showed the new inline-6 2.0L with a turbo; the I6 2.0t. 238 hp let the RS sprint from 0-60 mph in 7 seconds, and after 34.9 meters back to 0.
The RS is a little bit heavier, than the normal Terpeno IV, but way more sporty. Even the Terpeno III RS is not nearly as good, as the IV RS is. But Nolden was able, to keep the economy at the same level and under 10.5 lt/100 km, while the manufacturer reduced the costs by 1/3. The new RS will cost only $21.000, the III RS was at $29.500.

Nolden built a new I6 2.0L, in order to not use the I4 2.0i anymore.
1977 I6 2.0t 238 HP / 257 Nm
Compared to the old 2.0i, the 2.0t can produce way more power because of the turbo. But Nolden is just at the beginning of working with turbos and so the reliability and the economy is not the best.

1977 - 4th January
Nolden Terpeno IV RX III/II

On the same day Nolden showed also the new RS for the 1977 World Rally Championship. Nolden showed a second version of the 2.0L inline-6 engine, the I6 2.0ti. The turbo has now also a mechanical fuel injection and produces 350 hp. The RX is .6 seconds fast from 0-60 mph and also 3 meters early back to 0.
Compared with the old RX III/I, the new RX III/II is very hard to drive, but of course more sporty than ever. It´s also lighter and more reliable, while the costs are nearly the same. From 1978 on, the car will be sold to costumers for rally events for $40.000.
In 1977 Nolden raced in the WRC with this car. The Terpeno was one of the most powerful, but not the quickest. Also a terrible crash at the Kenia Rally destroyed the chassis and the team couldn´t start at New Zealand. At the end of the Season, Nolden was twice 3rd (Portugal and Canada) and finished in 6th place infront of Datsun and Porsche.

The I6 2.0t became a mechanical fuel injection, to be named I6 2.0ti
1977 I6 2.0ti 350 HP / 346 Nm
The fuel injection allows Nolden to get more power out of the car, while also the turbo was reworked. At the end, Nolden could gain 112 hp and 89 Nm. Also the ti is more reliable, while not very economic.

1977 - 25th April
1977 RX F1 V8 3.0ti 563 HP / 458 Nm
In '77 Nolden also decided to make an engine for formula 1 customer teams. With the ‘ti’ technology Nolden was able to make small, but powerful engines. The 3.0L produce over 560 hp, about 10 hp more than the Cosworth V8 3.0 does. But the Cosworth has more torque and just Ligier decided to buy this engine for $39.990 each.
After the car of Laffite stopped three times in a row on track with an engine failure, Nolden sorted out some problems and the frenchman was able to finish the next races. At the Sweden GP Laffite was also able to get his only victory, while he would finish a second time on the podium at the Netherlands GP. At the end of the season he became 10th in the standings and Ligier became 8th in the constructors championship.

1978 - 17th May
Nolden Sabera I

The Sabera will be the 10th model of Nolden Automobil. The first generation will be only available in the US, as there is nearly no market for full-size SUVs in europe. The big Sabera is build at the edge of the companys regulations till the end of '79.
The 1.5 tons heavy truck gets a new 4.0L V8, based on the NEC V8 5.0. But this engine has only 170 hp, to reach an economy of exactly 10.5 Lt/100 km. Even the costs are just $0.40 short of the maximum.
But the car is worth every penny. With big safety features and a premium interior, the car is also able to drive in heavy terrain. Up to 2100L of cargo can be carried offroad (49 Rating), while the 331 Nm torque will let you pull everything like you got only your lunchbox behind you.
The Sabera will cost $26.990 at your local dealer, but no Blazer or Bronco was economic like the Sabera, while producing over 300 Nm torque. Also at the offroad skill, the Sabera was better than both competitors. Only disadvantage was the price.

Nolden sized down the NEC V8 5.0 to make a more economic 4.0L engine.
1973 NEC V8 4.0 Evo 1978 170 HP / 331 Nm
Nolden lost 52 hp and 98 Nm, but build a smoother and reliable engine, that was also lighter and cheaper. But the biggest advantage is the new and way better economy of 292.5 g/kWh.

1979 - 20th June
Nolden Excelsior VI

Because of the still ongoing oil crisis, also the new Excelsior is ‘a little bit less’ than, the fifth generation. While Nolden was able to increase the drivability and sportniess, the car is less comfy and prestigous. Also the safety package is a little bit stripped down. But the economy and the reliability is now better than before, while also the costs shrunk.
This time, only 2 trims are available. The I6 2.0i from the Terpeno IV RS, which is a bit more sporty but got less torque. This version has a fuel consumption under 10 lt/100 km and will cost $26.000.
As always, there will be also a V8. But this time, Nolden just offers a 3.0L engine, which produces over 100 hp less than in the gen5. The V8 3.0 will make the car more drivable, but takes 10.35 lt/100 km. This version is the cheaper one for $25.750.

After Nolden sized down the NEC, the V8 3.0i is a whole new engine.
1979 V8 3.0 170 HP / 331 Nm
With a mechanical fuel injection, this engine becomes cheaper, but stronger than the NEC V8 4.0. It is also more responsive, while being economic enough to keep the 1.4 tons of the Excelsior under the magical 10.5 lt/100 km.

1980 - 2nd September
Nolden Cruiser VII Saloon

In 1980 Nolden showed the seventh generation of the Cruiser. All three trims are now better to drive and more comfy. Also Nolden set the safety standards higher, while the car is more reliable and cheaper. But after the oil crisis ended, the regulation from '73 to '79 are not in force anymore.
The I4 1.2i trim is as powerful, as the old lowest configuration: the I4 1.5. But this car is nearly the best to drive and even more economic and reliable than the comparable gen6 version. By prices starting at $23.990 the car is also $4.000 cheaper than the gen6.
For the sporty loving youth Nolden put also the I6 2.0t in the gen7. With 234 hp the car is way harder to handle, but the most sporty Cruiser ever. Also consumpting 10.86 lt/100 km is more economic, than the old gen6 I4 2.0i with just 96 hp. This spec is available for just $26.500.
The third trim is the first V8 in a Cruiser since 1965. The Nolden V8 370cu will produce 249 hp and is the most powerful, but also best behaving car. Even the safety settings are the highest in this trim, while consumption 11.72 lt/100 km. But this has it´s price: $31.995. But for that price, your just .6 short at the quarter mile performance with the very limited Buick Turbo Regal. The Nolden Cruiser was even .5 seconds faster than a Chevrolet Camaro.
[/quote]

I’m pretty sure I saw this SUV in Collection of cars of my dad hehe.
I still love your designs (mostly)

Hehe, but thanks. :slight_smile:
Well, the SUV is mostly inspired by 80´s SUVs. My dad had also one (but a japanese). It reminds me of my youth. :slight_smile:

And i added a week full of work ^^

[quote]1981 - 21th February
Nolden Nabot V

The fifth generation of the subcompact car Nabot was presented in 1981. The car is now even more driveable, sporty, comfy, lighter, economic and cheaper than before.
In the ‘small’ trim the car got a new inline-4 mechanical fuel injection 1.0L engine. It´s one of the most driveable cars Nolden ever build and weighs just 620 kg. Also its one of the most reliable street legal car till now. This car uses just 6.4 lt/100 km and it´s available for just §14.950.
The second trim is a nearly identical engine, except it got 1.4L and 11 hp gained. It is the sporty version of the Nabot V, but a little less reliable and also not so much economic. It´s listed with $15.250.

Both small engines are new for the Nabot and working with the MFI technology
1981 I4 1.0i 41 HP / 70 Nm
Even if this engine is as same as big as one from 1977, it got a little less power. But this time the engine is smoother and way more reliable. Also Nolden was able to build it with a better fuel economy.

1981 I4 1.4i 52 HP / 89 Nm
The 1.4L engine is based on the 1.0L I4, but with a different setting. It is build to be a sporty, but tiny engine and in order to this it´s more powerful, but not as reliable or economic.

1981 - 14th March
1981 RX F1 V8 3.0ti Qualy 877 HP / 717 Nm
1981 RX F1 V8 3.0ti Race 687 HP / 618 Nm
Right before the Formula One season started, Nolden finished the work on the new F1 engine. In it´s qualification trim, the engine is able to produce nearly 900 hp, but is of course not very reliable.
While the Qualy trim is one of the most powerful for the season, the race trim got less than 700 hp and has a little bit less power, than the cosworth. But this trim is very reliable and able to finish races.
Again Nolden worked with Renault and the engine was badged as a Renault. But three victories and seven podiums were the result, even while Prost didn´t managed to keep the car in it´s limits and had to retire 9 out of 15 races. But 5th and 9th in the drivers championship and third for the manufacturers are a very good result and Nolden will go on to work for this series.

1982 - 13th March
Nolden Vectura III

In '82 Nolden Automobil showed the third generation of the Vectura. The MPV is now way bigger and heavier, while also being more driveable, comfy and safe. But while the economy isn´t as good as before, the price dropped big.
In the I4 1.4i trim the car is a little bit more comfy, but not very powerful for heavy loads. The car is in heavy critisism, because it needs 15.91 lt/100 km while not beeing strong enough. But it got a fair price of just $16.990.
The second trim uses the I6 2.0t from 1977 and has 234 hp. It´s way better to drive and can handle every load of it´s maximum of 10788L cargo. But this trim is now 300kg heavier than the generation II and needs 16.4 lt/100 km. But even in this trim, the car costs just $20.550.

1983 - 24th June
Nolden Espuro V

In '83 Nolden showed the fifth generation of the gran tourer Espuro. The car has now nearly 50 hp gained and while it´s way more sporty, it´s also way more hard to drive. But it´s more comfy than before, while beeing equipped with safety standards at the same level.
Nolden was also able to better the reliablity, but even the car is 100kg lighter, than the gen4, it needs nearly 14 lt/100 km compared to the 9 lt/100 km from before. Also the price is now a bit higher and at $28.790.

Nolden build a new inline-6 2.0L turbo engine for the Espuro. It´ll be the first Non-V8 in an Espuro since 1959 and the first time, no V8 is available for the sports car.
1983 I6 2.0ti 269 HP / 371 Nm
But Nolden was able to build an engine nearly 270 hp strong, while beeing smooth at the same time. Nolden isn´t happy with the reliablity at the moment, but will go one to work with this engine.

1984 - 1st June
Nolden Rennsport RX I/IV

For 1984 Nolden showed a new Group C race car, which will be available to costumoers from 1985 on. Nolden will use the RX F1 engine from 1981. In the qualification trim, the car is able to reach 386 km/h and is the most sporty ever build by Nolden. But it´s just reliable enough to go for one fast lap.
In it´s race trim, the car is 40 km/h slower, but one of the most reliable race cars build by Nolden. Even the car consumpts nearly 22 lt/100 km, it is able to be within the fuel regulations of the Group C. The car will be available to costumer teams for $130.000.
In the 24h race Nolden was one of the few 3.0L cars, while Porsche used its 2.6L Turbo Flat-6. The Porsche was a little bit more powerful in the Qualifying and able to go faster. But in the race, they were competitive and able to beat the Lancia and also some of the Porsche. While the Lancia wasn´t reliable, the Porsche was and so it was a hard fight for the single car team. The Nolden car completed 340 laps, after several flat tires slowed them down. The team fought with two Porsche in the same lap, but one the last lap the exhaust broke down and slowed them again.
Nolden finished in sixth and was the only team to keep it up with the speed and reliability of the Porsche. Despite this is a good result for the manufacturer, the team was a little bit sad, because they could have raced for the victory.

1985 - 12th March
Nolden Chiara II

The second generation of the mini suv Chiara came out in '85. The car is now extremly better to drive and comfy, while being lighter and more economic. The car is as reliable as before, but even in hard terrain (Offroad: 72) better to handle. But Nolden sets the prices now little bit higher.
The small I4 1.0i trim has just 41 hp, but enough power to get the 800 kg going. The car is very easy to handle and consumpts just 7.35 lt/100 km. For just $16.000 one of those ‘mini-offroad-beasts’ is yours.
The bigger trim uses the I4 1.4i engine and is, because of 34 extra hp, a little bit sporty. But despite the bigger engine, the car isn´t much less economic. Nolden wants $18.000 for this car.

1985 - 24th August
Nolden Terpeno V Hatchback

Also in '85 Nolden prestented the new generation of the Terpeno, the bestseller by Nolden. Overall the car is in all trims as driveable, as before, but more sporty, comfy and with higher safety standards. While the weight is higher, the economy is nearly the same, but the car is now a little bit more expensive.
The I4 1.0i trim got only 41 hp, but still more comfy than the gen4 1.0i trim. Together with the higher safety equipment, the costs are now $2.000 higher and the price raises to $18.250.
With the I4 1.4i engine the car filled all three trims from 1.2 to 1.6L in once. This trim is more sporty than all from the gen4, while consumpting again just 8 lt/100 km. This 75 hp car is available for $19.150.
The third trim got a new engine. An inline-6 1.8L MFI with 111 hp. It´s the most powerful standard Terpeno ever and is also nearly as sporty as the IV RS, while using less fuel and being a little bit cheaper: $19.850.

For the Terpeno V Nolden developed a new I6 1.8i engine, a small and reliable engine with more power.
1977 I6 1.8i 111 HP / 159 Nm
As a standard for now, Nolden used again a MFI and got 111 hp / 159 Nm out of the 1.8L of the engine. This power unit is smooth and reliable and also economic, to performe well in small cars.

1985 - 28th October
Nolden Carica II

The third car of the year is the new Carica, the entry level luxury sedan from Nolden Automobil. The car became a little bit more sporty, but way more comfy and prestigous. Also Nolden raised the safety standard, while the car is now up to 300kg heavier. But it´s economic like before, while all three trims are a little bit more expensiv.
The smallest engine is now the I4 1.4i, instead of the I4 1.6i on the Carica I. But it has the same power, while using 9.8 lt/100 km. Like in all three trims, premium interoir, premium cassette player, power steering and ABS is standard. This trim will cost $28.000.
The second trim is the I6 1.8i. Its more sporty and comfy, but this engine needs the most fuel with over 10 lt/100 km. Price: §28.450.
The most power and sportiness got the I6 2.0ti with it´s 192 hp. This trim sets also the highest safety rating, while needing just 9.36 lt/100 km at over 1.5 tons of weight. $28.999 will be the price at your dealer.

1986 - 21th August
Nolden Ampuloso I

In 1986 Nolden showed a new model. The Ampuloso is a brand new roadster, which was originally designed as a concept. But the manufacturer decided to build it.
This brand new car is driveable and sporty, while being also comfy and prestigous. Also the safety standards and the standard reliability is given, while the car needs 10.5 lt/100 km.
The car can sprint from 0-60 mph in 5.9 seconds and is back to 0 after 40 meters. You can by the topspeed of over 285 km/h (177 mph) for $36.999 at your local Nolden dealer.

Nolden built a new V8 engine for the Ampuloso. A 317cc block with 300 hp and no turbo or MFI is the result.
1986 V8 317cc 300 HP / 415 Nm
Nolden will go for all new generation of the Ampuloso also on 300 hp, but will work to raise the torque. Even now, this engine builds up massive 415 Nm, while being still economic.

1987 - 8th May/u]
Nolden Cruiser VIII Saloon

In '87 the eight generation of the Cruiser was born. Overall the car is now more comfy and equipped with better safety. Nolden worked also on the reliability and the economy, while the prices are a little bit lower.
The I4 1.4i is the cheapest of all three trims, but not the best in any point. It´s still better than the Cruiser VII I4 1.2i and will cost $24.500.
111 hp will come in the I6 1.8i version. It´s the most driveable and comfy, but uses also the most fuel with it´s 9.24 lt/100 km. Price: $24.750.
No V8 will be available this time, but the I6 2.0ti will be the sporty trim. 192 hp will bring the car in 10 seconds from 0-60 mph. It´s available for $25.600.

1988 - 1st June
Nolden Rennsport RX I/V

In 1988 Nolden produced a new race car for the 24h of Le Mans. This time there will be no qualification version, only a race trim and the car will be sold to privateer teams from 1989 on.
The car is still hard to drive, but even more sporty than before, while nearly no comfort took in place. Nolden also revised the safety standards of the car, because many hard crashs were seen in the last years.
The car is now over 100 kg lighter, speeds up to 350 km/h (217 mph) and also a bit more economic and even way more reliable. Costumers can buy the car for $115.000.
At the '88 24h of Le Mans Nolden was again with just one car at the start. Porsche had now also 3.0L engines, but the 7.0L V12 by Jaguar was way more powerful, even Jag don´t used a turbo. Nolden qualified outside the top20, but fought it´s way back to the front. At midnight Nolden was in fifth, because many teams struggled with the reliability and had to retire, while the RX I/V was running without a single unplanned stop.
In the early hours on sunday, Nolden was able to race in the same lap with the Jaguar and the worksteam Porsche. Together with Porsche, Nolden passed the Jag and fought for the victory. But Ludwig ran out of fuel in his Porsche, to give the lead to the Nolden team. Just half an hour before the race would end, Nolden had it´s first problem: again a flat tire, like in 1984. The team lost valuable time and the lead to the Jag, but was able to finish second after 394 laps. The team was enthusiastic, but is intent to come back and finally win the race.

The engine for the RX I/V will be also Noldens new F1 engine.
1988 RX F1 V8 3.0ti 718 HP / 671 Nm
Nolden was able to gain 31 hp and make the engine also more responsive, while its now lighter and more reliable, than before. Even the economy is better, but it´s not an evolution of the old RX F1 engine, Nolden build this one new by scratch.
Because a new reglement was build for 1989 a turbo engine wasn´t the best choice. Several teams came up with different engine builders, while the Nolden engine was only used by Osella Squadra Corse. The team finished just in three races and ended up with no points. Nolden decided, to stop the development of a turbo engine and will come back with a naturally aspired engine in the 90`s.
[/quote]

[quote]1989 - 18th March
Nolden Excelsior VII

In early '89 the seventh generation of the Excelsior was born. While the design was changed to the current look, the car became even more driveable and way more comfy. The luxury sedan has a luxury interior and all available safety features. Also the Excelsior became heavier, while the trim with the ‘small’ engine is even more economic. But both version will be more expensive, than before.
Also for the first time, the Excelsior will have an AWD only.
The I6 2.0t is now changed to the I6 2.0ti and despite it´s less powerfull, the car is quicker and way better to drive. The 1.57 tons car is available for $32.125.
The V8 version is now more powerful and gets the V8 317cc from the Ampuloso, instead of the old V8 3.0i. This ‘big’ version is more sporty and driveable at the same time, but weighs 1.7 tons and need 13 lt/100 km. The dealer price is at $35.225.

1990 - 25th April
Nolden Nabot VI

In 1990 the new Nabot was presented. The car will still feature a 1.0L and a 1.4L engine, but both are build new from scratch. The car is now way more comfy and safe, while it´s also heavier, but economic like before. In order to the better safety standards, the car will be a bit more expensive, than before.
The I4 1.0i has now 12 hp gained and is 150kg heavier, but also by 0.1 lt/100 km more economic at 6.30 lt/100 km. The price will be at $15.950.
In the I4 1.4i trim, the car will have 39 hp more, than the old version and is, of course, more sporty. But it´s also more driveable and lowered the fuel consumption from 7.8 lt/100 km to 6.8 lt/100 km. It´s the right choice, if you´re looking for a subcompact car and are willing to spend $16.500 for it.

The I4 1.0i and I4 1.4i were nearly 10 years old, so Nolden decided to not revise them, but build them new.
1990 I4 1.0i 53 HP / 78 Nm
The engine is now more powerful and gains 12 hp and 7 Nm, while it´s still reliable and more economic than before.

1990 I4 1.4i 91 HP / 113 Nm
Nolden worked out a way better 1.4L base and gained 39 hp and 24 Nm, while having a quieter and more reliable engine with a better economy.

1991 - 5th May
Nolden Rocco IV

After 14 years Nolden showed the new generation of the Rocco. The offroader (80) is now available in 3 very different trims.
The smallest engine is the I4 1.0i, but it´s driveable like the 1.2i from 1976. The car gained comfort and safety, and while the weight and reliability is higher, it uses also more fuel. The price starts at $18.000.
The second trim is the I4 1.4i and got nearly as much power, as the 2.0i from '76. This version is the most driveable, but uses less fuel than the 1.0i. For $19.600 it´s yours.
For the third trim Nolden built a new I6 2.0ti. This engine has over 300 hp and is able to pull even the biggest trailers. But a powerful engine and this high utility has it´s price: 18 lt/100 km and $24.225.

Noldens new I6 2.0i is a very powerful but still small engine.
1991 I6 2.0ti 307 HP / 325 Nm
With over 300 hp and 325 Nm of torque, this turbo engine is also able to be competitive in a sports car. Built with an all aluminium block, DOHC and 30 valves a big Air-Air ball bearing turbo brings the neccesary power. To keep the emission in control, Nolden implemented a high flow three-way catalytic converter.

1992 - 19th February
Nolden Espuro VI

For '92 Nolden used the I6 2.0i to built the new Espuro. While the car remains a sports car, Noldens goal was not to make it more sporty. The car is now more comfy and has way better safety standards. It´s a bit more reliable and uses a little bit less fuel. But because the car is harder to drive, it will make you feel like it´s more sporty than before. At least you need a pair of balls and $29.000.
The top speed is at 271 km/h and the Espuro can sprint in 10.4 seconds from 0-100 km/h and in 37.8 meters back to zero. The weight distribution is at 55/45, while the stiff chassis brings the roll angle down to 1.7°.

1993 - 29th June
Nolden Terpeno VI Hatchback

For the sixth generation of the Terpeno, Nolden decided to change the ‘big’ engine to the new 307 hp I6 2.0ti from '91. Overall the car is now a more reliable, while it´s just an evolution, not a revolution.
In the I4 1.0i trim the car gained 11 hp and is now bit more sporty. Also the costs are a bit higher and the price starts at $18.500.
The I4 1.4 has now 14 hp more and is available for $19.999. Also the Terpeno is now equipped with the I6 2.0ti. It´s the most sporty version, but has also the highest fuel consumption with over 14 lt/100 km. This car sprints in 11 seconds from 0-100 km/h and has a topspeed of 250 km/h. This trim is available for $24.500.
[/quote]

Hot day…so just a few new…

[quote]1994 - 31th August
Nolden Carica III

For '94 Nolden showed the third generation of the entry-level luxury sedan Carica. The company worked on the driveability and to lower the costs, while keeping the other charactistics of the Carica.
In the I4 1.4i trim the car gained 16 hp and is now sporty than before. Also the economy is a little bit better, while the costs are less and the price will start at $24.250.
Instead of the old I6 1.8i, the second trim has now a new I4 1.8tdi engine and gained 31 hp. The car is the best choice, if you want a good driveable car. But while it´s more reliable, also the weight and the fuel consumption is higher. But the new and cheaper engine allows a price of just $24.350.
The third trim is again the power I6 2.0ti with over 300 hp. It is the sporty choice, but you´ll will pay with nearly 16 lt/100 km and $30.990 for it. But at least you can reach 100 km/h in 14.2 seconds and the top speed will be at 275 km/h.

The inline-4 1.8L turbo engine will be the successor to the I6 1.8ti engine.
1994 I4 1.8tdi 142 HP / 171 Nm
This new engine has gained 31 hp and 12 Nm, while it´s quiter, more reliable and cheaper than the old 1.8L engine. Also Nolden changed from aluminium to an all cast iron block and put a direct fuel injection system and a turbo in it.

1996 - 15th March
Nolden Cruiser IX Saloon 50th Anniversary

In 1996 Nolden presented the 50th Anniversary Cruiser IX Saloon. Nolden worked hard to make the car way better to driver, lighter and cheaper for it´s costumers.
The I4 1.4i engine trim is the most economic of all and costs just $21.050. The I4 1.8tdi trim has a little bit less power, than the I6 1.8i from the old cruiser, but is the most driveable version. It´s also lighter than before and a bit more reliable. You can buy one for $22.050.
The third trim is the I6 2.0ti and will give you the most sporty feeling. Even with the big engine, it´s nearly 70kg lighter than before, but not as economic. Nolden sells the car for $29.050. But you can sprint from 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds and will have a top speed of 242 km/h.

1997 - 13th September
Nolden Excelsior VIII

The eight generation of the Excelsior got again an I6 2.0ti and a V8 317cc engine. But both are revised, while the car is more comfy and with higher safety standards than before. Also the weight, fuel consumption and prices are higher.
The I6 2.0ti edition has now 115 hp gained and is more sporty, but also the most comfy of all. Nolden wanted to reach the wealthy costumers and don´t mind 16 lt/ 100 km or the price of $37.000.
Also the V8 317cc edition is no more expensive, while Nolden tried again to keep the 300 hp. This trim is way better to drive and the most sporty of all. But again the car got high comfort and safety. The price? $39.995!

Nolden worked on the old V8 317cc and built a new one. While the power is the same, some things still changed.
1997 V8 317cc 300 HP / 430 Nm
Again Nolden not used a turbo or fuel injection for the V8 317cc, but gained 15 Nm of torque. But this time it´s not a DOHC 40V, Nolden changed to a MOHV 16V. More responsiveness and smoothness are the result, while the engine is lighter and more reliable. Also the costs are less, while the economy is nearly the same.
[/quote]

1999 - 19th June
Nolden Chiara III

After 14 years the third generation of the Chiara was presented. The mini SUV is now more comfy and safe, while it´s still reliable, economic and a little offroader (55).
In the I4 1.3tdi Eco trim the car has gained 72 hp, but is also 300 kg heavier. This version is the cheaper and economic ‘suburban offroader’ with 8 lt/100 km and a price of $22.850.
The 1.8tdi version has gained 67 hp to the old powerful trim and is way better to drive. Also the reliability and offroad skills are the best, but the car needs 12 lt/100 km and costs $25.400.

Nolden worked on a new 1.3L inline-4 engine in '98 to build an economic and quite powerful engine
1998 1.3tdi Eco 113 HP / 147 Nm
The turbo engine produces 113 hp and 147 NM, while it´s all aluminium block is quiet, smoot and light. The engine runs very lean and is made to safe fuel.

2000 - 9th September
Nolden Terpeno VII Hatchback

The new Terpeno Will still be the bestseller of the Nolden Automobil GmbH. The car is even more driveable and comfy, while also the safety equipment is better. The weight is now a bit higher, while the reliability is neary the same and the economy is better. Also the prices are about the same.
The I4 1.3tdi Eco trim is nearly the most comfy of all and has the lowest fuel consumption of just 7.48 lt/100 km. The price will be set at $18.990.
The I4 1.6tdi version has a new engine and becomes the most comfy, while it´s nearly as economic as the 1.3L engine trim. But it´s more sporty and will cost $19. 890.
The third trim is equipped with the I4 1.8tdi engine and is the most driveable of all, while it´s also sporty. Even the reliability is increased, but the car needs over 11 lt/100 km. The price will be $23.590.

The inline-4 1.6L turbo engine with direct fuel injection is the successor to the I4 1.6i engine from 1976.
2000 I4 1.6tdi 118 HP / 172 Nm
43 hp and 41 Nm were gained, while the engine is more responsive and quieter. Also it´s lighter, while the economy is about the same.

2001 - 29th January
Nolden Carica IV

The fourth generation of the Entry-level luxury sedan Carica is now more comfy and gets the newest safety standards. The car is also more reliable and a bit cheaper.
The I4 1.4 trim is changed to the I4 1.3tdi Eco engine. It´s a bit less driveable and sporty, but more comfy and safe, while also the reliability is better. And instead of ofer 9 lt/100 km, the new car needs just 7.8 lt/100 km. The new price will be $22.300.
The second trim is again the I4 1.8tdi, but with a better handling and more reliability. It´ll cost $24.800.
The third trim is a new I4 2.0tdi engine. Instead of over 300 hp, the powerful trim of the Carica has now just 170 hp. But while it´s less sporty, the car is way better to handle and also more comfy. Even the fuel consumption is down from 16 lt/100 km to 8.3 lt/100 km and the price dropped down to $26.350.

The inline-4 2.0L turbo engine is a whole new and better engine to the old inline-6 2.0L version.
2001 I4 2.0tdi 170 HP / 238 Nm
The I4 2.0tdi got much less power, but is more responsive, quieter, smoother, reliable and economic engine. With modern engineering Nolden was able to build the better 2.0L engine, while also the price is less.

2002 - 24th August
Nolden Venom I

The Venom is the first street legal super car by Nolden. But the goal of the company wasn´t to make the car as powerful, as it gets. Instead they wanted a car, which all costumers can handle.
With a new and small V8 the car runs with 300 hp and Nolden will set this for all new Venom. The car is one of the most sporty cars Nolden ever build and the sportiest street legal car. The car weighs und 1.1 tons and has a fuel consumption of 12.2 lt/100 km.
Compared to a Ferrari Enzo, the car is 1 second slower from 0-60 mph with it´s 4.1 seconds, but also uses less fuel and has just 300 hp instead of 660. A better competitor is the Ferrari 360 Modena. The 360 has 400 hp, but is 0.2 seconds slower in the sprint. But while the Venom has a top speed of 185 mph (297 km/h), the 360 can reach 189 mph (304 km/h).
Only the 360 Stradale with 426 hp is 0.1 seconds faster at the sprint from 0-60 mph. But Nolden has a big bonus to all of this data: The 360 needs about 6 lt/100 km more fuel and while Ferrari wants over $140.000 for the 360, but the Nolden Venom will be sold for just $91.500.

Nolden build a small 3.5L V8 engine for the Venom, to make a small and quite powerful engine.
2002 V8 213cc 300 HP / 337 Nm
Compared to the '97 V8 317cc, the new V8 213cc has the same power, but 93 Nm less. But Nolden worked, to make it more responsive and smooth, while it´s also more reliable and lighter. Also the costs dropped in this way. Nolden will go on with this concept for the sports cars and will keep the 300 hp V8 with a carburettor and without a turbo.

2003 - 4th April
Nolden Cruiser X Saloon

In '03 Nolden showed the 10th generation of the Cruiser. The car is now a bit more sporty, but also more comfy and equipped with better safety. Nolden worked also on the fuel economy, while the prices are a bit higher.
The I4 1.3tdi Version is the most driveable of all and comes with the best comfort, but it´s also the lightest and needs just 7.76 lt/100 km compared to 9.79 lt/100 km in the most economic version of the Cruiser IX. The price starts at $24.990.
The second trim is the I4 1.6tdi and is more sporty, but has just 5 hp gained compared to the 1.3tdi Eco version. The price will be $25.150.
The third version is the I4 2.0tdi with 170 hp and the most sporty of all. Also the safety is a bit higher, while the reliability is increased. And even the car has enough power to be one of the fastest Cruiser ever build, the car needs just 9 lt/100 km and costs $25.950.