Open Beta (B1352+) Bug Reporting Thread

Ah thank you, i feel silly now :stuck_out_tongue:

Not really a bug, but on the test tracks you have the car only accelerating on the straights, not out of the corners.
Makes for some odd top speeds at the different parts of the tracks. Especially Airfield track.
The highest speeds at the end of the straight after Devmeth should be significantly higher than after Detroit corner.

That may be due to simplifications in the simulation. I think the sim only checks if that corner can be done at a specific speed, so it looks like it locks the car to that speed. Only way around that I see is to make a turn made of multiple turns all with different radii and angles to make the overall turn.

[quote=“Eren”]I get this when i try and save my car in the (Platform designer) It only happens when i try and re name my car from 0 to somehing else

This bug has made my game unplayable[/quote]

I had something similar, Find the offending platform in documents/automation/platforms and delete it. The game should run again.

Stupid Question: Do you have the actual Launcher of the game installed? The correct process is a) install launcher (download from user control panel) and then b) install base version (either B1323 or today the full installer for B1353) to then c) patch the game.

@all the people who crash upon going into sandbox: delete all your platforms and models in Documents\Automation\Models and Documents\Automation\Platforms and see if it runs then. Sounds like it’s trying to initialized borked save-files.

i’m running B1353
everytime i go to test an engine, no matter what config, V8,i4 or 6, with or without turbo, with or without VVL, i get the above error.

@kikass1997: Does that also happen when you start from scratch with a completely empty engine folder?

Starting as demo doesn’t work same problem then before

Please help

Did you try to clean out all your platforms and models, c20nefreak?

yes, it does.

Then I would propose doing a complete and using the Automation Cleaner Tool, if you haven’t done so already. The full installer download for B1353 is available now, the torrent version will be available this evening (CET).

@killrob yes is clean

I assume that is some left-over script somewhere causing trouble :s hmm… no idea how to solve that apart from doing a clean install. Can anyone confirm that at least that works? :smiley:

a clean install fixes it.

Thanks for that! So it indeed seems to be something that did not get removed or updated properly in the installation routine.

problem solved

Update: it also freezes in senario’s engine builder aswell

fix:

Step 1 Uninstall and delete EVERYTHING. including the folder in documents

Step 2: without restarting the computer download full installer

Step3: install and select run game when finished

Step4 the Launcher will say it needs to update </Arnuld/> Do it do it NOUGGHHHH </Arnuld/>

Step5 when updated click play demo let it load up the main menu

Step 6 quit and the full game should work now.

Full clean install didnt fix crashing on trying to enter “new model”

@Xalpen: did you remove the complete Documents/Automation folder too? And deleted any remaining folders in the install directory?