Open Wheel Cars

What if we were to offer open-wheel chassis and bodyshells like the ones on cars like the Caterham 7?

Just a thought.

Ariel and Caterham are the only two really offering this. I think the main focus lies with the more average bodyworks you see every day, like sedan, hatchbacks, SUVs, coupes, wagons, etc.
But it is definetly an option for an ‘after final release-patch’ if you ask me :slight_smile:

Morgan 3wheeler or whatever it’s called, but you can’t really call it a car, can you? :smiley:

I think the more variety the better. Just because it’s uncommon doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be able to have them in the game.

problem i see here is that the art has to be done and they are miles away from finishing the game

Its not necesarrily that its uncommon that it gets ‘expelled’ from the game. But there is other cars with certain special engine setups for example. Those engine things aren’t making it as it simply hasn’t become a standard for manufacturers. As I said, I expect this to be an option for the DLC after final complete game release, but its up to the devs to make the call though. I just base my answer off of other questions answered by devs. Besides, my opinion is that I think all the ‘standard’ and most common stuff should be implemented good and correctly first :wink:

We’ve already got a massive project just covering all the most common types of cars, so the last thing we need to do right now is try and cover all the more obscure designs.