Performance tuner Time attack 1995

no bad considering I’m running sports tyres

Mine has no aero components, no suspension tuning, no visual modifications… don’t even remember which tyres it’s on! I’m really fucked this round.

Just think, you’re ahead of me.

As for something to overhear in the Storm pits…

“Think she’ll hold up?”
“The van or the SymTrak belt?”
“The van. We both know these belts are getting chewed up out here.”
“If we drill a few holes in the SymTrak housing to let the belt smoke and dust particles out, maybe. Otherwise it could gum up the transmission fluid.”
“Yeah, and while you two jokers are at it, double the power-steering pump’s pressure to make it easier to fight the torque steer. That thing’s a beast to wrestle around a track, and I’d hate to see what happens when, not if, we lose rear drive.”
“Got it.”
“C’mon, let’s get this fluid drained and this belt swapped. 380 horsepower in a minivan. Who’s crazy idea was this?”

4 Likes

Drivability of 5… something tells me this isn’t gonna work.
Lesson #1 since rejoining Automation: high-power FWD is a bitch.

6 Likes

I also think I’ve figured out the basic mechanics for creating a drift competition, so… yeah…

9 Likes

Well, you have FSR’s entry :joy:

Apparently, we couldn’t fit any wider rear tires than 215’s on our 1210hp, 1840kg car :grin:
Just detach the AWD to have a drift missile ready.

2 Likes

I’d probably join a drift competition with something unusual from the old lineup, unless we were building more modern vehicles. Then I might be tempted to try drifting a truck or SUV.

1 Like

Let’s see:
((4 Barrel Carb x 430hp) ^ 2.5 Lt) / (1400kg + Automatic trans) =

What? I’m not last? I’ll have to fix THAT!

2 Likes

I’m 2nd, for now!
But I’m using semi-slicks and my drivability sucks, so it shouldn’t last long… Well, let’s wait to see.

And I would love a drift competition!

1 Like

Ok, qualifying posted. The Time attack round will be posted tomorrow. And … well let’s just say this is not as clear cut as I thought it would be, and it seems more FUBAR random chance is going to happen in the third round.

6 Likes

BlackDawn Garage…

“Uh, Ma’am, our time’s come through.”
“And?”
"Well, it’s sad, is what.
“Spit it out, Ulverston.”
“Well, We were about a few hundredths of a seccond bellow the 110% line.”
“Fuck. Fuck, and Fuck. Call it back in, and we’ll start sorting out for the next event. We’re off.”
“Not gonna watch?”
“Nope.”

1 Like

I will allow suspension setup and aero changes between events. To change something you will have to send me a PM stating exact new values, because that will ensure that only those things have been changed.

Edit : What I mean by this is each person gets only 1 change of setup per championship. You will not be able to finetune your car to each race. This is just a chance for people who aren’t happy with their results to try and squeeze some extra speed out of their cars.

4 Likes

Yeah!!! I made the cut!!! :joy:

Here’s hoping I get lots of lucky randoms… :innocent:

2 Likes

may we please have an ETA on the race results

Shhhhh!!! Squidhead’ll just take longer to post the results to draw out the pain!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well.

I qualified.

Doesn’t get much better than that.

1 Like

Very happy with that result considering I am using an 286ci inline 6 3valve with twin 4bbl carbs, a live rear axle and a steel body and chassis from 1970.

2 Likes

That’s only 87% bigger than my engine with 78% more power. I achieved a staggering failure with 2 valves per cylinder! Beat that… Oh, you did… leaves room quietly

No comment from Znopresk. Someone of the planners boards will be send to car wax.

2 Likes

Woo 1st place in Time Attacks!

Hope it doesn’t rain much…

5 Likes