Performance tuner Time attack 1995

Guys I hope you are all running sport tyres :smiley: (because well I am)

Yeah drift, got a car for that!

3 Likes

lower mid order. not bad for a 350 ish HP FWD car

Well, actually i am using sport tyres. Slicks hurt my driveability too much :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, and I already hoped for my 7.5l diesel V8… But anyway, engine swap will be a lovely option :slight_smile:[quote=“squidhead, post:286, topic:18876”]
drift competition
[/quote]

Hell yeah, one thing that Etalon might be good at :slight_smile:

And I’ve qualified! Didn’t expect it at all with this unsporty, riced steel box :smile:

I’ve just realized that the Dimension UltraNova is only an aluminum chassis away from being eligible as a base car.

Imagine how differently it would went lmao

1 Like

“So where are we?”
“Last. If you hadn’t run massively wide at Paddock Hill, it would’ve been different.”
“This car is an undrivable mess. 570 hp, through the front wheels, is absurd in the dry, nevermind in the wet, on slicks! Also, Solid Axle Coil? Great. Just great. ‘It’ll be fun,’ you said. ‘I’ve bought an exported Communitasia, and we’ll just tune that for the Time Attack event.’ We’re 10 seconds a lap off round a short circuit. You should’ve bought something vaguely good.”

3 Likes

Meanwhile, the Erin team were having a wonderful time. So what if they’d finished 5th from bottom, this was Brands Hatch!

This was the place were the Merna Touring earned its place in the BTCC history books, always doing very well here year after year. It was hallowed ground for Erin’s racing pedigree.

So when the actual ErinSport BTCC team heard there was a reworked Group A Nasaro competing in this quirky little time attack challenge, they all descended upon the garage to get a look. It was a chance for some of the younger mechanics and technicians to see a bit of Erin motorsporting history, and also a chance for some of the older team members to blag about “how it used to be in my day”…

2 Likes

Squidhead right now:

8 Likes

Next hour or so, then 24 hours of downtime

As per the tradition if somehow you will be in the top 10 we will not speak of it.

Pretty much, yeah. :smiley: Some of the front runners are setting close to impossible pace, and it would be a shame if somebody didn’t make the cut of 110% on every single track.

3 Likes

I’d like to change tire compound :joy:

Totally missed this rule, I know, reading is overrated.

Nice :slight_smile:, we actually managed to find some more time during practice, but as we were bound to run the regulated setup for this race, we changed it back. We will send our revised setup to you, shortly…

If we’ll be able to reach the top 10, the planner boards members will keep their jobs.

Brands hatch has been posted.

6 Likes

At the Hailwood Hilld:
“Here comes the GTL team and their Storm Envy”
“They’re braking late and hard with this weather! They’re crazy!”
“Go hard or go home, son”
“OMG! The front wheels are aquaplaning! He will crash!!!”

(Sounds of a max revving turbo V8 with pressed clutch, until the front has grip again, then suddenly release the clutch and corner in a beautiful AWD power slide)

“I told you, go hard or go home”

4 Likes

“On the bright side, we get to keep 12 quarts of fluid and a belt for the next one.”
“Yeah, but that’s hardly a trade-off for being told we ran too slow.”
“Not like we can make the van any faster.”
“True. But we can hope that others screw up their setups and pray for rain. We’ve got sports tires. Remember the Founder’s Rules for the Raceworks Division: Never use slicks, they’re garbage in the rain. You can make a car almost as good on good sports tires as a car running slicks, you just have to know how to tune it.”
“Maybe we’ll do better on twistier tracks.”
“Well, I suppose it’s possible.”

4 Likes

Just for fun, I made a 1995 BTCC Supertouring car. On Semi-Slicks, it does a 53.83 flying lap round Brands Hatch.

Ah RNG never on my side eh

Having read the results of the first round, @AirJordan seems like an early favorite to take the overall title - unsurprising considering that before this contest was established, he was most successful in the DRC. I can’t wait for the next round at Zolder!

1 Like

I already think in @AirJordan as being the actual Automation God, there is no surprise that he’s 1st.

2 Likes

Meanwhile at Hypera’s pit:

The driver is nowhere to be found since he left the car looking like a zombie. It seems that in the next event someone who actually drove a Hypera or a car tuned by them on track before will replace him. That means one of the engineers.

The main engineer wants to know who the f… had the idea to choose this poorly designed piece of French junk for their car.

The rest of the team checks if this piece of French junk is still able to race after its showy adventure that amazed the fans.

3 Likes