Performance tuner Time attack 1995

Congrats on beating the fierce competition from NormanVauxhall! Top job mate :smiley:

Also yeah, I thought @Airjordan would waltz away with the win, but the random number generator is pretty … random. So congratulations to @Nomade0013

#In any case, what I’ve learned

1. If the weather is good, then the results of practice and qualifying are the same which isn’t floating my boat. I will introduce a random variable that will make all the cars slower by anywhere from 0.0 to 0.3 seconds (which is a valid deviation from the norm from a non professional racer on continuous hotlapping)

2. The rain effect will remain, but we will have those effect present on all stages, Slicks will become a high risk-high reward thing.

3. The base cars will have stricter regulations, this is not going to be a “just a time attack for amateurs” event, this will be a marketing based event, so the cars will have to be relevant (as in actual tuner cars from the forums, and they will have to be fresh enough to be eligible (Apart from legendary wildcards, which are timeless, like the CZ6 for example). Nobody is really interested in performance of a 60 year old British classic in Japan for instance)

4. The powertrains will be allowed to be swapped completely, this will ease up on the build and ease up on the scrutineering times.

5. There will be a set of engines that you would be able to swap in and modify

6. We aren’t doing time attack next. for the next event

Along the lines of this

10 Likes

Oh, Drifting! Nice! Hoping the year’s fairly modern, I’d love to yank the halfshafts on a Knight and let rip.

3 Likes

Just heads up, when I ran HLC with premade chassis and engine, I had a lot of problems with cars and especially engines overwriting one another. I suggest you just post specs.

2 Likes

Duly noted. I’ve seen this happen with the CZ6’s running in the competition here. I’ll just have people follow strict naming procedure if they wish to compete. It shoudl solve the problem.

4 Likes

It might not - I think that model ID is the problem, as it doesn’t change. When you sent me the car (you know which one) and I imported it, it overwrote the Strop’s model, but not the variant - so in effect I had Strop’s variant with your model name. So what I suggest is requiring people to clone the basic variant of the car, and then tune it, and include their username in the variant, not the model name. So even if there will be the same cars and they will probably merge into one model, it will still be possible to see who made which variant.

3 Likes

4 Likes