PIF Design Challenge [Red Group Thread]

I am preparing the challenge but I have a problem with the track… stay tuned
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5632&p=68906#p68906

EDIT Problem Solved

Here the Challenge:

[size=150]Can you do better than killrob?[/size]

In this video youtube.com/watch?v=MLtuQl13rEM killrob try to beat a 1987 class C LeMans Prototype (and fail) but you can do better than him?

Here the rules:

• Year: 1987
  • Weight: >800kg (1763lb) (should not be a problem)
  • Displacement max 3.2L (195ci)
  • Averge Reliability >40
  • Engine reliability >0
  • Max +5 Quality everywhere

He made (with a qualifing version) 3:49.87 on Le Sathre 1987-1991 ( automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5632 ) can you be faster?

(side note - play order for round 2 has been set. Please complete round 1 before moving on to round 2)

POMOCO’s racing division is well-known for taking challenges seriously, and this time they didn’t disappoint.
They took a car they used to run at the 1987 24hs of LeMans from their museum and tweaked it a bit, after a few hours it was ready to go.

1987 Group C - LeMans.7z (21.2 KB)

[size=150]THE GRAND-TOURER FEVER:[/size]

It’s 1964, and many car manufacturers already have their own sports car. And you, who doesn’t want to stay in the shadows, have decided to build one.
But you want to make something different, a sports car for the gentlemen, a machine to be driven daily, without reliability issues and without having to stop at the gas station near your mansion everytime you step on the road.

RULES:

• Year: 1964
  • Body: 2-door 1959 GT only.
  • Top speed: >152mph (>245kmh)
  • Sports compound tires max.
  • Reliability: 35 for engine; 55 overall.
  • Fuel economy: >18mpg (<13l/100km)
  • Drivability: >25
  • Comfort: >22.5
  • Prestige: >25
  • Safety: >25
  • Total cost: <13.000
  • Production units: <160

Also, one of your rich friends has been bragging about his 3:35 lap time he set in Monza last week in his Aston Martin DB5, show him that you can make a car that goes quicker than that (the track is called “Monza 1955-1969 10km”, you can find it in here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6014).

EDIT: I made the rules easier to accomplish, to get things moving.

[quote=“NiuYorqCiti”]POMOCO’s racing division is well-known for taking challenges seriously, and this time they didn’t disappoint.
They took a car they used to run at the 1987 24hs of LeMans from their museum and tweaked it a bit, after a few hours it was ready to go.

[attachment=0]1987 Group C - LeMans.7z[/attachment]

[size=150]THE GRAND-TOURER FEVER:[/size]

It’s 1964, and many car manufacturers already have their own sports car. And you, who doesn’t want to stay in the shadows, have decided to build one.
But you want to make something different, a sports car for the gentlemen, a machine to be driven daily, without reliability issues and without having to stop at the gas station near your mansion everytime you step on the road.

RULES:

• Year: 1964
  • Body: 2-door 1959 GT only.
  • Top speed: >152mph (>245kmh)
  • Sports compound tires max.
  • Reliability: 35 for engine; 55 overall.
  • Fuel economy: >18mpg (<13l/100km)
  • Drivability: >30
  • Comfort: >30
  • Prestige: >30
  • Safety: >25
  • Total cost: <10.000
  • Production units: <140

Also, one of your rich friends has been bragging about his 3:35 lap time he set in Monza last week in his Aston Martin DB5, show him that you can make a car that goes quicker than that (the track is called “Monza 1955-1969 10km”, you can find it in here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6014).[/quote]

would you mind uploading a pic of the body you mean-not sure witch on you mean by gt

quick update
everything is a tick except for drivablity (23.9), sportiness (17.2), comfort (17.8) and prestige (23.4)

they seam like there a bit high for the year unless i had a bigger budget (15-17.5k)

[quote=“UMGaming”]quick update
everything is a tick except for drivablity (23.9), sportiness (17.2), comfort (17.8) and prestige (23.4)

they seam like there a bit high for the year unless i had a bigger budget (15-17.5k)[/quote]

I got 33.1 in comfort and 32.1 in prestige with just $9318. You have to work harder!

EDIT: If you can’t get to the numbers, I’ll change some of them so it’s easier for you.

im gonna have to chuck in the towel

i tryed for 5 hours or something like that and i can’t achieve thoose nubers

[quote=“UMGaming”]im gonna have to chuck in the towel

i tryed for 5 hours or something like that and i can’t achieve thoose nubers[/quote]

I edited the rules, so now it should be way easier than before.

[quote=“NiuYorqCiti”]

[quote=“UMGaming”]im gonna have to chuck in the towel

i tryed for 5 hours or something like that and i can’t achieve thoose nubers[/quote]

I edited the rules, so now it should be way easier than before.[/quote]

its too late i already chucked the towel in

can’t take it back now

Thus ends round one for the Red group. Onward to round 2!

Slim Jim needs to issue a challenge to ayomide to kick things off.

[size=150]Pony Car Revival[/size]

The year is 1999. The stock market is booming, economic confidence is at an all-time high, and car sales are breaking all-time records. The market for pony cars in particular has seen formidable expansion. Ironic, considering in the not-too-distant past, both GM and Ford were considering FRONT-wheel drive replacements for their pony cars. That was then, this is now. Times are great, and they’re gonna stay that way for the foreseeable future. In terms of sporty products, Chrysler has nothing in their lineup to go up against cars like the Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro/Pontiac Firebird. Even their V8 engine lineup leaves a lot to be desired. Engineers are already hard at work building the new HEMI, but that won’t be available until 2002. :wink: Your task, as engineering manager for Chrysler is a rather simple one. Build a pony car, using Chrysler’s existing small-block “LA-series” V8, that is competitive both in terms of price and specifications.

Rumor has it there’s a group of managers who feel that the recent merger with Daimler-Benz will allow them to share platforms, saving the company millions of dollars. If you FAIL, “Project Crossfire” will be given the green light instead using recycled Mercedes SLK parts. Hardly a pony car even if the concept drawings are really nice. :stuck_out_tongue:

Restrictions:
[ul]
]Engine Block: V8 Crossplane/:m]
]Block Material: Iron/:m]
]Family Capacity: 101.6mm bore / 90.9mm stroke (4" bore / 3.578" stroke)/:m]
]Head and Valves: Pushrod/2valve/:m]
]Head Material: Iron/:m]
]Variant Capacity Bore: 92mm / 99.3mm / 101.6mm (3.622" / 3.909" / 4")/:m]
]Variant Capacity Stroke: 84.1mm / 90.9mm (3.311" / 3.578")/:m]
]Naturally-Aspirated/:m]
]Single Point EFI or Multi Point EFI/:m]
]Premium Unleaded Fuel/:m]
]No Long-Tubular or Race-Tubular Headers/:m]
]No undertray/:m][/ul]

NOTE: As chief engineer of “Project Challenger”, you can choose from any combination of the available bores and strokes to optimize your setup. Apart from that, management has given you a fairly large budget with which to work with, so you’re free to use any body you want. As long as you beat the following numbers, the car will be considered a success and “Project Crossfire” will be put on indefinite hold:

Target Parameters:
[ul]
]Drivability >= 50/:m]
]Sportiness >= 45/:m]
]Comfort >= 30/:m]
]Safety >= 60/:m]
]Car Reliability >= 70/:m]
]Fuel economy better than 18.5mpg US / 12.71 L/100km/:m]
]Price <= $12,000 <<< edit: Changed price restriction to make things a little easier… was $11,000, now $12,000./:m][/ul]

Good luck, ayomide!

OPTIONAL: Try to build the car for under $11,000.

ready.on it now

How do you post a picture?

[]](])

This is my Final verson of It.this will be my closest I could get to the specs.I cannot locate my file in my system,Therefore o have to reinstall the game.But I would give pictures of it.

You’re still a little over-budget on costs. (must be less than or equal to $12,000) Are you sure you don’t want to give it another try?

Sorry to bump a thread that isn’t from my group, but I would advise you to make the rims smaller, thus allowing you to fit wider tyres. 155 tyres in a 330 hp car isn’t enough and no one needs such big wheels, in fact they spoil the comfort.

I attempt it again with better results.Mange to bring the cost down under 12,000 grand.Able to fit wider tires and slighty smaller rims.It a major redesign in this cosmetic.But I try to make it as good as the original.I will post the pictures of evertything I did to make sure evertything is done to the standards.It alot of pictures.Thanks for the advise.IThis is from steam

PART2