Power to the People 2 - '98 Budget Muscle [Complete]

Since my Syclone Clone wasn’t gonna work…

The Ascot Carabinier sports coupe. A 335 CI V8 in the front, thicc driven wheels in the rear, and a grinning driver in the middle.

1 Like

Although this car my not receive the warmest welcome, AMC reintroduces the Eagle for 1998. It’s high performance AMX coupe variant tops the lineup with 4 full seats, powered by a 330hp V8. $27,800 gets you 0-60 in 5 seconds flat, while returning a not fantastic 12.6mpg.

4 Likes

I hadn’t noticed, but the specs of our cars are virtually identical. Top speed, 0-60, pretty much the same power.

I think I have longer gears though, because my mpg is in the 15-16 range.

You all have so small and weak economy engines…

However, knowing AMC cars, I must admit that retro thing is damn accurate, decent job.

A little less than a week now. I have a few submissions already, going well guys!

1998 ARLINGTON FOXHOUND GS

So you want a cheap muscle car for the 90s? Arlington’s got ya. Though originally intended as a more sophisticated alternative to regular muscle cars, the Foxhound pony car’s second generation is available in a multitude of trims. One of these trims is the mid-range GS, and it’s the lowest trim - below the LS - that allows the buyer to option the 303ci SR1 engine.

Now, unlike the LS, the GS trim does not have wider sports rear tires, or a full sports exhaust system including tubular headers. Even restricted in this way, though, the engine - with its 3-valve heads and sporty tune - pushes out a more than respectable 310 horsepower and allows a sub-5 second 0-60 time.

And don’t think this is some totally barebones package. The 303 requires optioning a traction control system, and GS means leather seats are there - even if the sound system is kinda eh. This is a real bargain, and don’t you forget it.

3 Likes

FM Cuda 3500 GT

400hp, 4 seats, a radio, sub 4s to 60…what more do you want for $28k?

P.s…we’ll throw in the first service free!

2 Likes

Wait what, sub 4 seconds? Damn, you are faster than my 454 horsepower beast.

1998 SVP Bearclaw GTS

Proving that power isn’t everything, the '98 Bearclaw GTS combines an all-alloy 320-bhp 5.7L OHV V8 and six-speed manual gearbox with fully independent suspension and ABS-assisted large-diameter vented disc brakes at all four wheels (17-inch alloys in this trim level), teamed with true high-performance tires and a geared LSD to put down its thrust with ease. A premium interior and stereo (including a CD player) are included as standard in the $28,400 base price, as are dual front airbags.

(OOC: Superficially this is a remake of my QFC1 submission, but built on a larger variant of the same body set, with a redesigned interior and no functional aero as per the requirements for this round - other trims do have a functional aero kit.)

1 Like

uh hi I have problem
I feel like it shouldnt be forced that the base model has a V8, most of them had V6s at the lower end

You can make a six-cylinder car and submit it here, but V8s are still preferred.

1 Like

The price given is based on the Ford Mustang GT, which was a V8. However, about half of the inspiration cars posted are V6, and buyers will prefer V8 but not required by the rules.

I dont want to make a six cylinder, I just want to make sure I can make a six cylinder base model for the car, not the one im entering, more of a lore thing

Here at Helron, we never held back

Its the end of the 90s. The Lance is selling well in the US but some of us are longing for something…lighter. Something that has the same great power, without sacrificing weight or practicality.
Enter, the Paradise. The big engine pushes hard, the big boot carries much, and the big presence carries you.
(P.S. The car has drag inspired roots which is why the rear tires are a lot bigger than the front, its a quirk)

2 Likes

1998 Mara Kavaler Mk2 4.6 AMM

Shortly after the release of Mara’s first all-new large car after the fall of the Closed Curtain - the Mk2 Kavaler - Mara’s newly acquired performance division AMM was tasked with developing a Kavaler high-performance version with a simple brief: extract 300 hp from the stock Blyz Progress V8 engine block, attain 300 kph (theoretical) top speed and keep things drivable and affordable.

While the top speed of production models was electronically limited to 250 kph to save the future owners from excessive tyre costs, the speed limiter delete was a no-cost offer, however, when the new owner brought the car to the AMM headquarters themselves.

2 Likes

Last day for submissions! We have some really wonderful entries.

im new here and i dont exactly know how to submit should i dm the .car to op?

Ive made the Boogle Bavaleer, a major american manufacturer collaborated with a major japanese manufacturer/design house to make an answer to the dodge viper.

3 Likes

There are instructions in the OP. Open the “Requirements” tab.

Sorry for being stupid but how do i send a pm on this website?