FITE ME 4! (entries closed, scrutineering in progress)

I’ve completely lost it in the very long rules post but when does this close? I know it’s some place round early July. I have a 90’s and 2010’s set of cars I just need to tidy up.

1 Like

Entries closed about 12 hours ago

No, they haven’t closed just yet.

In other words, as of now, there’s still plenty of time for us to get our entries in.

Speaking of which, I have several test mules ready in addition to the one I previewed a few days ago, in case that one proves unviable.

1 Like

Latest rules post still says 2nd of July, that’s a bit confusing

It was originally intended for entries to close on July 2nd, but the deadline has been extended by a whole week.

Anyway, here are my entries:

Left: 2006 TSC Thunderwolf II - 450bhp 5.4L NA V8, 1530kg. Successor to the car below.
Right: 1995 TSC Thunderwolf - 385bhp 5.0L NA V8, 1485kg. Predecessor to the car above.

I thought long and hard about what to enter for this one, and eventually settled on these two.

1 Like

… and my three entries:

1995 Mara Kavaler 4.6 AMM

A few more details: Power to the People 2 - '98 Budget Muscle [Complete] - #36 by AndiD

2009 Mara Paragon 4.0 SE42

More details: Journey of ownership 1 - Discount Elvis - Part 1D (finals) - #194 by AndiD

2012 Mara Paragon 2.3 SE42

1 Like

Precision or brute force? Have the choice.

The 1999 Primus Merit C320s and the 2003 Globus Phoenix Dominator “Hellraiser”.
More details will be added later, just need to somehow get a presentation done within the time frame.

3 Likes

Here are my three entries, in decade order.

1996 Knightwick Pulse rwd test

my 90’s car is more of a test as it takes my usually fwd Knightwick pulse roadster and makes it rear wheel drive with a high revving four cylinder engine and five speed manual gearbox.

2000 Valiant Talon

This admittedly has seen quite a few challenges now, but it’s the archetypal American muscle car with a large V8 up front and solid axle suspension at the rear.

This is the 1998-2002 facelift of this particular generation so it has the full aero ram air bodykit, aluminium doors and bonnet for weight saving and traction control on all engines.

The engine is the updated 350ci all aluminium V8 with vvt on the pushrod valvetrain making 331bhp@5500rpm in this guise. The drivetrain is a six speed manual gearbox and mechanical limited slip differential.

2014 BSC 4000 by Carrosserie Marin

My 2010’s car is a modern take on my original 1964 BSC 4000 as a sort of 50th aniversary model using a classic model name designed by a French design house.

Like the original car it uses a four litre inline six cylinder, however due to no Knightwick six being available any more it uses a Valiant turbocharged engine from the Australian market Valiant Fortis GT6. Drivetrain wise not much has been changed as the engine already produces almost 400bhp, the standard six speed automatic is used with a change to final drive and a geared differential used.

4 Likes

I have time for one last entry - the 2010 TSC Tigereye 3.5 RS.

It’s my entrant for the 2010s category, and unlike my other two entries, is powered by a 360bhp 3.5L straight-six, in a car weighing just 1353kg.

2 Likes

Quick one from me

1997 Zephorus RS20 C

2009 Zephorus Focoso

2020 Zephorus KS ZRD

small design changes to be made with rule updates but should be all ok

8 Likes

1996 TBR Arcana

2018 Calcote L250

When can I finally take actually half decent photos

4 Likes

Those photos look a lot better than any photo for cars I’ve done :slight_smile:

Low effort post because I don’t have time to launch Automation.

1993 AG Type C 4.0

2009 Mitsushita RS2 2000 GT

Two different roadsters for 90’s and 2000’s.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Man, Straya is way ahead of us

Swanson 437SC(98) and 337SC
They both a 3.7 Boxer 6 with 300+ hp, but is the new one really any better when you turn off the safety stuff?

4 Likes

Entries should be closed by now. Or are they? If not, I suspect the deadline’s been extended further without us knowing it.

yeah sorry about that, constantly running behind schedule as always!

Officially, entries have been closed. I count something like 16-17 unique users who have sent me something to my inbox. I have had a couple of people who have approached me ask if I had actually closed entries as they had things they had almost finished but ran out of time, and seeing as I’m also the one running behind time, I granted them an extension.

I realise this is inconsistent, so, at this point, if you have an entry that you yourself have ALMOST finished but stopped because you thought that entries were closed, let me know. I will give you until the end of Friday (+10 GMT) to complete it.

Meanwhile, I am starting to scrutinise now. Please note that if your entry is illegal, I won’t be able to accommodate fixes and resubmissions.

7 Likes

Further update: revised deadline is approaching! Hectic week at work (no surprises) so I am slowly constructing my scrutineering sheets from which all data will be pulled and legality and penalty points and initial performance metrics will be calculated. It’ll also help presentation later on much easier.

As of current count I have:

90s: 12
00s: 10
10s: 10

entries from 17 unique users. There were 2 users who tossed cars at me seemingly without reading the brief so their naming convention didn’t match :joy: I’ll look at them (grumble) but will take the liberty of correcting the filenames myself.

Legality of all of these entries is yet to be established. I am working over the weekend, so I will hope to get started on this process Monday, and I expect it’ll take me at least the entire week if not 2 to do that because thanks to my stupidly complicated ruleset, I have to record nearly everything LOL

5 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes