Power to the People - 60s Budget Muscle [RESULTS]

That was a rather short judging and finish, however, I would not call it rushed. It’s actually very efficient and could be a blueprint for hosts that can’t take the whole load of a CSR. The descisions were well justified.
I consider your challenge as succeded and I would enter your next, if this is planned.

Fun fact: My car was based on an experience I had many years ago. I was on holiday in Florida and some guy showed me his charger - tuned to almost 600 hp. When accellerating, the car bent itself so strong that the doors opened, actually being torn out of the locks. Everything groaned in the chassis and body and you really felt that the car was almost disintegrating. The brakes were not adapted to the power (it were the good old days in the US, why would anyone do that). Muscle cars were bone cheap cars with an engine twice the size the rest could handle.
Building the Globus Chief Cruiser was actually sourced from this beautiful memory, and reading the short but meaningful review it seems like I built exactly what I wanted. Seeing the Troubadour and Valencia passing my car on track with ease despite having much less horsepower says it all: My classic muscle is built for a straight line.

1 Like

Thanks! I like the story for the Chief Cruiser. I definitely see the inspiration, lol.

Which car is the “Cobra”?

Woo hoo! Thanks for the overall win! There were lots of good cars this challenge, nice to see my all-rounder strategy worked.

2 Likes

Terribly sorry- I said “Cobra,” but I was thinking of the regular old mustang of '65. It was probably subconscious because that car is such an icon but there’s a lot of similarity to it (most notably the front end). I will say that I wasn’t joking when I said your car looked great- but so did a couple other entries which were just a bit more unusual or daring, such as the Mistral taking a blend of muscle and euro GT in a way that really worked out for me.

It did! You did a very good job engineering with your consumers in mind.

2 Likes

I’m pretty happy that the engineering of mine seemed to hold it’s own in this comp. And congrats to @GassTiresandOil

3 Likes

Thank you, the Mistral was a fun build, glad you liked it. :smiley:

2 Likes

yes, the car by @GassTiresandOil was the most balanced and fitting for me by it’s visuals, and the engineering also reflected it. A car without issues, realistic, tasteful and fitting the task.

2 Likes