Project "Moar Countries" (Idea Thread)

Yes, I know, Automation has their own fictional countries, but upon playing the game, and interacting with it, I felt like something’s missing. I felt like Automation-verse, at the moment is a bit too focused on the North America, Europe and Western Asia at the moment, and I felt like the other half of the earth isn’t properly represented in the game.

And here it is, three new countries, I randomly made up just to fill that gap. Obviously, it’s just an idea came out from me, and with my limited skills on geography and what not, there’s probably some issues never heard of. Any improvements, suggestions and contributions from the community to the project are encouraged.

Ariya (based on Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, richer parts of China)

Also named after a Nissan electric SUV

Ariya is an island country located to the easternmost part of the map. The country is well known for it’s hills, volcanos, and exports of technological and cultural products to the globe.

Despite being the smallest of the three countries, Ariya is the wealthiest nation of them all with well-maintained, curvy, twisty roads, and excellent infrastructure. The people in the country loves premium cars, preferably smaller ones, with a focus on comfort.

The nation is also well-known for its car culture, with it’s strong tuning culture in the country. Automobile racing are also very popular in the area which comprises of things like drifting, touge, and time attacks.

Capital

Capital: Hirajima

Inspired by: Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore

Hirajima is the largest city of Ariya, which is located on the eastern part of the island. With a cool, ideal climate, even with chances of earthquakes and typhoons, the city is filled with people working, as well as tourists sightseeing Hirajima’s ancient temples and the modern skyscrapers, and visiting the nightlife in the city.

El Camira (based on poorer parts of China, South East Asia, India, South America)

El Camira is a country located in the middle of the map. With the heat and the rain of hot tropics, the country is a main exporter of agricultural goods, although rapid industrialization on the recent years means that the country is starting to become more developed.

Despite this, infrastructure on the country is kinda “meh” at best, with urban areas having better maintained roads and rural areas only have access to poorly maintained ones. Small, cheap, roomy and reliable cars are the mainstay of the El Camiran market.

However, the country hosted several racing events like rallies and motorbike racing, and the popularity means that famous racers are made from such events.

Capital

Capital: Venharra

Inspired by: Rio de Janeiro, Jakarta, Mumbai

Located in the western part of the country, Venharra is the result of a mega-infrastructure project imposed by the El Camiran government in the 60s. The result is that the city is filled with modern bulidings. The area is also known for its exquisite beaches filled with high-class resorts and tourists thanks to its tropical sunshine.

Monbassa (based on Africa)

The largest of the three countries, Monbassa is a country known for its savannah landscape and the abundance of wild animals and resources. Despite its richness in natural resources, people are often poor due to economic issues, and some of its population are even struggling to get basic stuff like food and water.

Thanks to it’s lack of progress the roads of the country are often poorly maintained. Car purchases are often rare due to low living standards, but those who can bought cars focused on offroad capability and reliability thanks to it’s bad roads.

Car culture in Monbassa are basically a smaller affair, since most car owners there are often richer people. Auto racing are limited to smaller events, due to this.

Capital

Capital: Furore

Inspired by: Nairobi, Lagos

Located in the highlands, Furore is kind of bit weird compared to the average Monbassan city, as it has colder temps than the usual hot savannah affair. However, it is probably the richest area of the country, as the city is the economic center of Monbassa, as well as the starting point for tourists that came to the country for its safari tours and wildlife hunting and spotting.

8 Likes

Great idea. By the way, Ariya brings to mind a wealthier version of Fruinia; Monbassa reminds me of a larger, more primitive version of Archana. El Camira, meanwhile, has elements of both.

From what I’ve seen so far, all of your suggestions would be great additions to the Automationverse. However, each of these countries should also have a different range of fuel types. Ariya would most likely have 95 RON as the minimum fuel type due to its immense wealth, with 100 RON as the absolute maximum (and possibly even commonly available for good measure). El Camira would have the same fuel types as Fruinia (85, 91 and 95 RON); Monbassa would just have 85 and 91 RON available, as Archana does.

3 Likes

Thanks. TBH I’m more inclined to make 91 RON as the base fuel for Ariya considering that Japan and South Korea starts at 90/91 RON for their “regular” fuel.

Alright, here’s some more information about the areas, I guess.

Fuel types and transition year to unleaded fuel:

Ariya

Fuel Availability status Leaded Fuel Ban
Leaded
92 RON (regular leaded) 100% 1990
98 RON (premium leaded) 100% 1990
Unleaded
85 RON (low quality) N/A
91 RON (regular) 100%
95 RON (premium) 100%
98 RON (super) 100%
100 RON (ultimate) 50%

El Camira

Leaded
92 RON (regular leaded) 100% 2000
98 RON (premium leaded) 50% 2000
Unleaded
85 RON (low quality) 100%
91 RON (regular) 100%
95 RON (premium) 100%
98 RON (super) 50%
100 RON (ultimate) 50%

Monbassa

Leaded
92 RON (regular leaded) 100% 2005
98 RON (premium leaded) N/A 2005
Unleaded
85 RON (low quality) 100%
91 RON (regular) 100%
95 RON (premium) 50%
98 RON (super) N/A
100 RON (ultimate) N/A

Notable auto-related races and shows: (WIP)

Ariya

Event Years Date Description
Hirajima Auto Show 1958 - present March/April, biannual One of the most important autoshows, which is always held in Tokugawa Convention Center in the middle of Ariya’s capital city. New car launches were often announced there, as well as concept car reveals.
Hirajima Auto Salon 1996 - present September Ariya’s largest tuned car show, which is held at the same place where the Auto Show is held.
Ariyan Grand Prix 1970 - present (odd years in Hanyou, even years in Koyama since 1997) May A part of Automationverse’s largest formula event, Ariya’s largest racing event is held annually in 2 different racetracks in different years in its current format. Before 1997 the Grand Prix is exclusively held in Koyama, but Hanyou took over the rights to host in odd years since 1997.

El Camira

El Camiran Grand Prix 1965 - 1980, 1988 - 2013, 2015 - present September Held in the famous La Bonobo racetrack, the El Camiran Grand Prix is one of the most important formula events on the Automationverse. The event was cancelled in 1980 due to political instabilities, and reopened eight years later, only to be halted again in 2013 due to track renovation. The current format of the event was started in 2015 with a new track layout.
El Camiran Rally 1968 - 2020 March - April El Camira’s most prestigious rally event which is one of the most important events in Automationverse rally racing. The event had seen various rally events ranging from the classic era, Group B, and later Group A and newer events. However due to budget cuts on the government the event was shelved in 2020 and no plans for a successor event is ratified.

Monbassa

Frunia-Monbassa Rally 1986 - 2012 June - August The endurance rally event is one of the most important events in racing history, stretching from Frunia to Monbassa across the Zulu Desert. The event was cancelled in 2012 due to rise of terrorist threats in eastern Monbassa, and starting from 2013 the event was held in Gasmea instead.

Notable racetracks on the area: (WIP)

Ariya

[PLACEHOLDER]

Koyama Speedway

Year created: 1966
Length: (TBA)
Elevation change: (TBA)
Road surface quality: Good
Inspiration: Fuji Speedway, High Speed Ring (Gran Turismo)

One of Ariya’s oldest racetracks, the Koyama Speedway, located near Koyama, Ariya’s second largest city, is known for its focus on high speed.

[PLACEHOLDER]

Hanyou International Circuit

Year created: 1993
Inspiration: Suzuka Circuit

(WIP)

[PLACEHOLDER]

Tohuro Touge

Year created: 1890 (as road), circa late 1980s (as touge spot)
Length: 21.8 km (full track)
Elevation change:
Inspiration: Mount Haruna/Akina (Initial D), Fujimi Kaido (Forza Motorsport)

The Tohuro Touge is a mountain road around Mount Tohuro, which is well known for its narrow, windy roads. On daylight its an ordinary driving road while at night it is a popular touge sport around the northern Ariyan area.

El Camira

[PLACEHOLDER]

La Bonobo Racetrack

Year created: 1950
Road surface quality: Average - Good
Inspiration: Interlagos

The most famous racetrack of the country, located in the suburbs near Venharra. The racetrack is known for its twists and turns and straights that are fast enough to make nearly any car top out. It’s the home to the El Camiran Grand Prix, as well as loads of local and international events. The track was closed for renovations in 2013, before reopening in 2015 with a new track layout.

Monbassa

[PLACEHOLDER]

Frunia-Monbassa Rally Sprint

Year created: 1986
Road surface quality: Poor - Good
Inspiration: Paris-Dakar Rally

The rally track was the home to the famous Frunia-Monbassa Rally, the largest, longest and the most dangerous endurance event in the world. With most of the road covered in desert sand and some mud, with the lack of amenities unlike any other track, only the toughest, luckiest drivers survive the race. The track is permanently closed in 2012 due to safety concerns.

Also in terms of license plates:

If anyone wants to design license plate mods for these areas, here’s some references for the respective license plates (Note: its not enforced anyway)

Ariya - US/Japan plate size recommended

El Camira - Euro plate size recommended

Monbassa - Euro plate size recommended

2 Likes

Some non-car related info, because why not?

Ariya

Population: 840,209,000 (2020)
Urbanization: High
GDP: 6.72 trillion Automation Credits
Median income (gross): 48,500 Automation Credits (high-income)

Largest cities (capitals in bold):

Hirajima - 27,800,000
Koyama - 18,300,000
Sanju - 11,420,000
Kirishima - 10,400,000

El Camira

Population: 2,433,770,000 (2020)
Urbanization: Mid
GDP: 2.79 trillion Automation Credits
Median income (gross): 18,500 Automation Credits (middle-income)

San Miguel - 24,300,000
Porto La Joya - 18,500,000
Curacao - 10,850,000
Venharra - 8,400,000

Monbassa

Population: 72,834,000 (2020)
Urbanization: Low
GDP: 890 million Automation Credits
Median income (gross): 4,550 Automation Credits (low-income)

Furore - 9,300,000
Omoru - 1,750,000
Port Andrew - 990,000
Ajunababa - 850,000

1 Like

Can we post our own country ideas?

If this ever goes through I guess that I have to rewrite IP history - it could suit as an Ariyan company and I would feel more comfortable with a fictive country inside Automationverse than with something made completely by myself.

me reviewing an IP car about to have to re-write the whole article: panik

Hahahaha, no don’t worry, hehehe. The countries still does not exist in automationverse officially AFAIK. And if it still makes you nervous, country is maybe not so important for the review, I don’t know.

to be completely honest, i don’t really know just what to write, the pandora is just similtaniously so bland and yet so exciting that words can’t really describe it. It has a very certain feel that i’ve just never had or felt in any car before. i must say sir, it’s incredible!

Well, if it feels so special because of reasons like this, you have already mentioned lots of stuff to base the review around. :slight_smile: Not every car can be extravagant and if it still evokes feelings and that makes it stick out from the crowd in itself, well, write it.

And don’t panic and don’t worry if it will be good enough, you have already written an excellent review, which means that you, 1. Knows how to do this and 2. Don’t need to raise the bar every time, sometimes good enough is just, well, good enough, wheter it comes to cars or reviews of them.

It also would be a policy that sometimes should be applied to forum challenges since some of them seems to take forever nowadays because of the bar being raised too high, and becomes higher for every time, and I think many people would prefer them to be a little bit rough around the edges rather than to have to wait for months for the results to be out. I am not blaming any certain individual, but I made the mistake myself once to give up on a challenge that was just too much so I know how it is.

But this discussion is drifting kind of offtopic, and also, I don’t want to discuss the review much more since I still want it to be a surprise, just wanted to push you out of the writers block, for your sake more than mine.

2 Likes

Wow, its a while since I’ve actually did anything to the thread.

Anyway, here’s some concept flags for each of the countries I’ve made a while ago. Anyone is free to use the flags for mods and stuff, and improvements can be made as well (just remind me for anything, btw :wink:)

(From top to bottom: Ariya, El Camira, Monbassa)

2 Likes

To bring this up again and maybe give this more attention, we really need a JDM environment.