2016 Fruinia to Archana - Krongrad or Bust! (ON HOLD)

preferably both, but just the modified is ok.

3 Likes

Reserving #84.

I was about to submit a V6 powered clunker, but IDK if that’s viable anymore considering i need to have a 1.2L Engine or lesser. Long wheelbase max, yet small engines. I really do not want to redo my entire car all over considering its a 2.6M wheelbase and rules imply 2.5M or under. I thought SUVs had to have 1000CC or under only, not all the submissions, However, am i able to put in a 1L under engine whilst retaining my slightly lonng body?

1 Like

yes

1 Like

Team Slow Strikes back!
It’s no novel, but a basic introduction to the car and its mods. The sequel from Clunkers!

The 1998 Schnell L50 V6 GLX
It’s a polished up turd, more than a turd actually. We’ve fitted the car up with a bullbar, a tow hook, flared arches, and all the long haul essentials. Some unnessesary, but unlike Team Slow’s last debut, It’s an usable car that is not mid engine and 2 seats, Because they got a third person. a locking differential from a 4x4 with a manual switch, because an automatic one is too much hassle, some spotlights, aaaand a lightbar along with a snorkel. Number 84 painted on doors and hood. However the V6 was broken beyond repair and we put in a cheap 1.2L inline-4 engine from a old Hakumai car from the heap hooked to a Chinese turbocharger, making 108 horsepower, and a CB Radio.

Lore: The L50 V6 GLX was the last Schnell model to have digital dashboard as an optional extra due to analog being more of a standard. The V6 was the most popular option of the L-series model lineup, with its breahtaking 197 horsepower@6300RPM and 194lb-ft@4400RPM. It was also pitched at a younger audience because the PR Department thought it was a good idea, selling 1.4M units in the process of the entire L-series model range as it was an entry level model range.

But can they beat The Cyclist?
The members aree!
John.T, 24
Matt.S, 30
And a special guest, Jess.M, New to it, she was a close friend to Matt for a long time. 28 years old.

Meanwhile in the Workshop. 1:38PM on a warm Saturday.

• Warning, may become an essay at any point.

John looks at an ad about the 2016 Fruinia to Archana, Krongrad or Bust challenge, It is very interesting. He looks at it a bit more and signs up to it. Now they have to look for a car, a good one at that,
Matt begins by looking on the classifieds on his laptop and after looking through cars, he sees a very promising offer about a 1998 Schnell L50 V6 which has a broken, beyond repair engine due to a snapped belt and self destructing due to being a interference engine.
It was a sought after 5 speed unit which was in okay ish condition and nostalgic to him, a digital dashboard. It was all the rage in the 80s, Maybe not as much in the 90s. but in 2016, they’re sort of useful for exact-ish speed. Jess eventually arrives to the garage with her V12 powered XL53 to bring some tools along and stuff after Matt told her about the challenge and she was interested in the challenge. John starts the debacle about who’s going to be the driver, the navigator and the mechanic before Matt goes and gets the vehicle. With the budget of 15,000 Quid for the car, 2500 more to modify it.

Dialogue:
John: So who’s going to drive While the 3 of them were sitting on a couch deciding on how it’s going to go.
Matt: “I will drive, You can be the mechanic and the cook, you’re fairly good with cars, Jess could be the navigator”
John: “Sounds like a good idea, We got a shitbox of a car, it was good in its prime, We could swap roles if we get tired during the run, Remember its over 10,000 miles.”
Jess: “I would also be the team mechanic during the rally. Could get to work on the car more.”
Matt: “Fair. You’re ok at navigation, BTW John, What car are you getting for the challenge?”
John: “We’re getting a 1998 Schnell L50 V6 with a broken engine.”
Matt: “Come on! The car has too large of an engine, oh well.” After being tired of John’s bullshit at the 24 Hours of Clunkers
John: “That, is ironic because you wanted to bring in a bigger car. I call Bullshit on your end.” While he sighs at the boring argument over the car.
Jess: “It’s fair it has a broken engine. We dont have the car yet, while you’re at it Matt, could you go get the car?” She throws Matt’s car keys he forgotten and he picks up the keys after it hit the floor.
2 Weeks later
Monday Morning, 10:38AM

Matt: “Car’s done, let’s go win those trophies!”
Jess: “Oh nice, the L50, had one of them, Wasn’t the V6 model though, I remember it being the horrifically underpowered, Matt, I dont think you know this.”
Matt: “Wow, Never realised that, Never had an L50 before, never driven one.”
John: “We spent so much time working on this, it’s baffling.”
Jess: “Yeah, that lightbar looks cool on this car. Do you also like it?”
John: “Not exactly a fan of the extra spotlights on the bumper though, but it looks alright.”
After some discussion, the team have a break, Jess drives her car to get some motor oil and coolant along with some essential auto parts to keep the shitbox going during the meticulous 10,000 mile journey to Archana from Fruinia, while she’s gone to get the parts, Matt and John gets some propane tanks and the top of a stove shelf to make a grill for the cooked foods they might have get during the run. He grabs a small mini-fridge for beverages that plugs in a 12V socket to cool the foods and some cold drinks to avoid being dehydrated.

Jess gets back from the parts store and parks her car, The shitbox has finished, with the number 84 on the top as they reserved the number during the race.
Jess: “So what’s happened lately whilst i was gone?”
Matt: “I’ve brought in a mini fridge, hooked it up to a 12v socket”
Jess: Anything done to the car?
John: Yeah, gone to the scrapyard and bought a locking diff for a 4WD Car, works wonders on this thing, almost as if it was designed to fit. Hooked up the switches and all that.
Meanwhile, Jess puts the things she bought from the parts shop into the rear seat of the L50. As none of them knew how to engine swap a car that was not fitting to the model, or in general. They start to learn how to engine swap a car. The engine they would use as the “piecé de resistancé” is the Hakumai 1200R. It came out a city car from a similar era. So they start getting to work on mounting the engine until they realise one thing. They don’t have an engine crane to hook up the engine and put into the car.
Matt: “John, you realise something?”
John: What’s that, Ah we dont have an engine crane, We’re fucked!
Matt: “They’re cheap to buy for that item. We could get one, right, which one of us three have a big trunk to store this in?”
John: “I swear it’s Jess’ car who has the biggest trunk storage, her car is fairly big.”
Jess: “I do not know about you, but im not driving for now, maybe you or Matt could drive my car there. Just, make sure to not damage my car, It costs too much money to repair this from a crash.”
Matt: “Alright, the car wont be damaged”
After giving the car keys to Matt, he goes into the car and drives to the parts store after having a minute of awe of how comfortable Jess’ car is and how powerful it is, 20 minutes of driving later, he comes back after someone dented the car on purpose after a dispute over a parking space and left a scratch at the parking lot.
Matt: “Came back now, got the engine crane, Someone dented the car and left a scratch on the door.”
Jess hears about the dent on her car after Matt finished telling her what happened. She looked at him with a death stare
John: “Oh so you bought the engine crane now” John unboxes the engine crane and gets to work on removing the V6 Engine and putting in the 1.2L engine.
Jess: “Someone wont be sorry about this. Not to mention its a deep fucking dent, Do you know how much that bumper costs? 500 dollars in good condition. Now i got to go get a new amount of paint to fix the door scratch.” As she says it in such an stern tone about the fact her car got scratched and dented, She realises it may be able to be pushed back out but it might not be worth it for her.
Matt: It wasn’t me who done it, it happened over a dispute over a parking space.

An hour or so later of working on the car after an small argument.
John: Got the engine in now, Great job on getting the car’s engine to fit. We have to wire it up and it runs and drives.

They proceed to work on the car wiring, hooking things up to get it to start or run or drive. End of Part 1.

7 Likes

Team Dusk

finally to the point where I actually use the fictional countries I’ve made for a while now

Singapore image for reference, not related to the story by any mean.

2 months ago
9:30 PM
Joint Military Security Intelligence HQ, Wanhua District, Hirajima, Ariya

Its a clear Friday night. The traffic on Hirajima is reducing as night falls, and even with news about tensions between Ariya and Archana is heating up (which is probably caused by various reasons and has gone to the possibility of an all-out war by the time of writing), the bustle and hustle of the city still isn’t waning.

The JMSI buliding is located in Wanhua District, which is Hirajima’s busiest district, filled with skyscrapers hosting loads of headquarters and shopping malls. This district is also home to Ariya’s governmental centers, including the Prime Minister’s office known as the Ariya Akurai Building, the National Congress of Ariya, and of course, the JMSI building.

At the same time, a JMSI agent, which is a female in her late twenties, was busy gathering confidential information about Archana, and by the time she had info about the situations of the country’s situation and other stuff.

With that said, known info has revealed that some members of Ariyan government has been bribed by an unknown force to do certain things. More info has been found that the main perpetrator for the incident was done by [REDACTED], a well-known international crime organization.

By the time she was busy getting info, her superior came, and started a briefing about some whereabouts of an organization, which he told her something about the event.

“There are reports of suspicious activity around the Archana-El Camira border, and I want you to help us to deal with it by bringing this vehicle to a race in Frunia, as rumors of the leader of the group [REDACTED], [REDACTED] was rumored to be hidden there.”

“Yes.”

“Bring Agent Chozo as well, he’s somewhere in Frunia rn, I think. You may contact him later on. Get to the garage, I’m going to give you some tools to help for the race.”

She went to the garage and see what’s going on. As the door connecting between her workspace and the supposed destination was locked, and thus nobody knew what happened behind the scenes.

Before leaving, the superior came to her and gave her a document.

“Take this. The documents included can help you to find crucial info of them.”

She nodded. The information given to her is actually the briefing of the information, as well as the some callsigns for the mission. Besides that, she also got a phone number, which links to Agent Chozo, and a third person, which is Agent Forzudo from the El Camira’s intelligence.

-TBC-

Characters

Shintaru Nanako (“Hana”) - An agent of the Ariyan JMSI, she was tasked by her superior to join the race as a mission to find whereabouts of a unknown group. She is a female in her late twenties, with long black hair. She is a co-driver and the navigator of the group.

David Yang Jun Hao (“Chozo”) - Hana’s sidekick of the mission, also working under JSMI as an agent. He is a male in his mid-twenties. He is also known for his excellent knowledge of mechanics, and thus he is is the main mechanic of the group.

Miguel la Paz Santiago (“Forzudo”) - An agent from El Camira’s intelligence (Centro de Inteligencia do El Camira), which is the most experienced in the bunch. He is a male in his late forties, and he is the main driver of the group.

Vehicle

1996 Hinata Luna CE FWD

The model shown here was originally the base model of the lineup, known as the CE. The model shown here was equipped with an FWD and a 5-speed manual. There are several mods installed to the car, including engine upgrades, a a locking differential, better stereo, improved suspension and more stuff that can’t be known due to inclusion of some JMSI mission items.

Original Model

The 5th gen Hinata Luna kei car was released in 1993 with a new design, improved equipment and new technology. It was available in 3 and 5 door hatchbacks, as well as a convertible model known as the Luna Avita. Besides that, manual and automatic transmission options, as well as FWD and AWD drivetrains was offered as well.

6 Likes

Introducing… Team Ecowareness (1)

“Good to see you two!” Laura Insigne waved a paper pamphlet at her two friends Martin Krebs and Olga Simkinova who were standing outside of the EnviroActive Student Club at the University of Terso. All three had met in student club activities (with Laura recently becoming part of the club’s leadership team) and they had quickly become friends, despite hailing from quite different walks of life.

“What’s up?” Olga replied. Martin just returned a silent small waving gesture.

“This is so cool!”, Laura exclaimed, waving about a paper leaflet. “A car rally from Marena to Kronagrad for charity, on public roads! We can use it to raise awareness for environmental concerns! I think I can blog about the journey and use this as my semester project in Communications. This is so great!”

Neither Martin or Olga seemed convinced.

“I guess…”, started Martin and thought about it some more. “I need to collect biological samples from a variety of places for my ECO320 Conservation project. Originally I thought I could do this when I go back home to Unter-Altdorf during the break. But I guess I can collect samples along the way. When is the rally going to be?”

“It is exactly during the semester break, maybe a little longer. But it’s perfect!” Laura’s enthusiasm was still unbridled. “How about you?”, she asked Olga who had been silent so far. “You are from Archana, you would know the area?”

“Depends on the route. Archana is large, and I am from Goridenizsky Kraina near the Southern Coast”, Olga stated. “Kronagrad is far away from that. But more importantly…” She pointed at the other two. “You don’t speak the language. Don’t count on folks there speaking English.”

“So - are you up for it?” Laura was bouncing nervously up and down on both legs. “I take care of all the arrangements through the club, and maybe we can even get some external sponsorship, since this is going to be for charity AND the environment!”

“I guess…” Martin’s reply was more of a mumble.

“If you want to do this, you’ll need someone like me.” Olga stated more matter of factly than anything else. “The land is vast, Archanan backroads are terrible, but I know how to cope with them. And if something breaks on the car… I’ve frequently helped fix stuff on my parent’s farm. And as the saying goes, even an environmental engineer is an engineer!”

“They also say that we need a starting number. How about the 512 - because it’s five minutes to high noon to make sweeping changes to environmental legislation!”, Laura exclaimed while studying the pamphlet further.

“Makes sense”, Martin mumbled, a bit taken aback by Laura’s sudden outburst after she seemed to have calmed down for a second or two. “We would also need a car, yes?”, he added after a bit of careful internal deliberation.

"Let’s pick something that shows that Archanans nowadays can indeed do better than in the past’, Olga suggests. “I remember a weird TV ad campaign when I was younger about some talking aluminium beverage cans who look forward to be recycled into a car or something. That was one of the few ads that I can remember that actually were about something environmental in my country. It wasn’t that well received if I recall correctly, and I don’t remember the car either, only that it was something small, so that could actually fit. Let me check…”

To be continued…

(OOC: Some of you may recall that I started modelling the Automation game world in Transport Fever 2 earlier this year. While I haven’t made much progress since August unfortunately, most of the route here should already be done, so I can illustrate my postings (Laura’s blogs?) with TPF2 screenshots of something with ecological implications along the route. And maybe take a leaf out of Madrias’ book and use this to help myself restarting the modelling effort for the rest of the world…)

6 Likes

The essays are rolling in.

I claim the number 51 for reasons.

1 Like

Are euros equal to AMU?

For all i know its based on the Aussie dollar (2012) I could be wrong.

also how do I calculate used value? an austin metro-esque shitbox that was 13400 when new surely isn’t that much on craigslist, right?

yes

2 Likes

Does it matter if we actually have all the necessary seats, or is it just enough to have space where there could be seats/people?

For example, If I have a van with 2 seats, but more than enough space to hold 5 seats, could I have a team of 5? Or would I need to place 5 3D-fixture seats to get access to all 5 people?

Probably play it safe with 4 or 3, It could get cramped after the thousandth mile. But if you want 5, likely go ahead.

there would need to be 5 visible seats.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Unrelated question: Can multiple people fill (or alternate between) a specific role? And can a single person fill (or alternate between) multiple roles? (if so, it would benefit my team’s lore).

For example, if there are 3 teammates that know how to drive, could either one of them act as driver in a given situation? And on a related note, if a teammate knows how to both drive and navigate, could they serve in both a driving and navigating role depending on the needs of the moment?

2 Likes

They could, assuming if its allowed. I plan on doing such a thing

yes, multiple members can have multiple roles

2 Likes

Interiors are mandatory?