2016 Fruinia to Archana - Krongrad or Bust! (ON HOLD)

Introducing… Team Ecowareness (1)

“Good to see you two!” Laura Insigne waved a paper pamphlet at her two friends Martin Krebs and Olga Simkinova who were standing outside of the EnviroActive Student Club at the University of Terso. All three had met in student club activities (with Laura recently becoming part of the club’s leadership team) and they had quickly become friends, despite hailing from quite different walks of life.

“What’s up?” Olga replied. Martin just returned a silent small waving gesture.

“This is so cool!”, Laura exclaimed, waving about a paper leaflet. “A car rally from Marena to Kronagrad for charity, on public roads! We can use it to raise awareness for environmental concerns! I think I can blog about the journey and use this as my semester project in Communications. This is so great!”

Neither Martin or Olga seemed convinced.

“I guess…”, started Martin and thought about it some more. “I need to collect biological samples from a variety of places for my ECO320 Conservation project. Originally I thought I could do this when I go back home to Unter-Altdorf during the break. But I guess I can collect samples along the way. When is the rally going to be?”

“It is exactly during the semester break, maybe a little longer. But it’s perfect!” Laura’s enthusiasm was still unbridled. “How about you?”, she asked Olga who had been silent so far. “You are from Archana, you would know the area?”

“Depends on the route. Archana is large, and I am from Goridenizsky Kraina near the Southern Coast”, Olga stated. “Kronagrad is far away from that. But more importantly…” She pointed at the other two. “You don’t speak the language. Don’t count on folks there speaking English.”

“So - are you up for it?” Laura was bouncing nervously up and down on both legs. “I take care of all the arrangements through the club, and maybe we can even get some external sponsorship, since this is going to be for charity AND the environment!”

“I guess…” Martin’s reply was more of a mumble.

“If you want to do this, you’ll need someone like me.” Olga stated more matter of factly than anything else. “The land is vast, Archanan backroads are terrible, but I know how to cope with them. And if something breaks on the car… I’ve frequently helped fix stuff on my parent’s farm. And as the saying goes, even an environmental engineer is an engineer!”

“They also say that we need a starting number. How about the 512 - because it’s five minutes to high noon to make sweeping changes to environmental legislation!”, Laura exclaimed while studying the pamphlet further.

“Makes sense”, Martin mumbled, a bit taken aback by Laura’s sudden outburst after she seemed to have calmed down for a second or two. “We would also need a car, yes?”, he added after a bit of careful internal deliberation.

"Let’s pick something that shows that Archanans nowadays can indeed do better than in the past’, Olga suggests. “I remember a weird TV ad campaign when I was younger about some talking aluminium beverage cans who look forward to be recycled into a car or something. That was one of the few ads that I can remember that actually were about something environmental in my country. It wasn’t that well received if I recall correctly, and I don’t remember the car either, only that it was something small, so that could actually fit. Let me check…”

To be continued…

(OOC: Some of you may recall that I started modelling the Automation game world in Transport Fever 2 earlier this year. While I haven’t made much progress since August unfortunately, most of the route here should already be done, so I can illustrate my postings (Laura’s blogs?) with TPF2 screenshots of something with ecological implications along the route. And maybe take a leaf out of Madrias’ book and use this to help myself restarting the modelling effort for the rest of the world…)

6 Likes

The essays are rolling in.

I claim the number 51 for reasons.

1 Like

Are euros equal to AMU?

For all i know its based on the Aussie dollar (2012) I could be wrong.

also how do I calculate used value? an austin metro-esque shitbox that was 13400 when new surely isn’t that much on craigslist, right?

yes

2 Likes

Does it matter if we actually have all the necessary seats, or is it just enough to have space where there could be seats/people?

For example, If I have a van with 2 seats, but more than enough space to hold 5 seats, could I have a team of 5? Or would I need to place 5 3D-fixture seats to get access to all 5 people?

Probably play it safe with 4 or 3, It could get cramped after the thousandth mile. But if you want 5, likely go ahead.

there would need to be 5 visible seats.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Unrelated question: Can multiple people fill (or alternate between) a specific role? And can a single person fill (or alternate between) multiple roles? (if so, it would benefit my team’s lore).

For example, if there are 3 teammates that know how to drive, could either one of them act as driver in a given situation? And on a related note, if a teammate knows how to both drive and navigate, could they serve in both a driving and navigating role depending on the needs of the moment?

2 Likes

They could, assuming if its allowed. I plan on doing such a thing

yes, multiple members can have multiple roles

2 Likes

Interiors are mandatory?

no

Team Omelette du Fromage

Two months ago in the town of Surton in southern Gasmea

Daniel pops his head through a doorway were the sound of grinding and hammering is erupting from and knocks on the doorframe. “Excuse me young man!” he asks in a mock old lady voice, “can I have you keep it down?” Thomas pulls up his safety goggles and smiles. “Ha-ha, very funny mate. What’s up dude?” “Not much man, what you up too? I could hear all this commotion from down the street.”
“Yeah, it’s good you have neigbors who like you!” a voice taunts from outside as a woman enters the garage. “Oh, hi Astrid,” Thomas replies, his face getting a little red, “I didn’t know you were home from university. Uh, you guys a drink?” He walks over to a beat up old fridge and pulls out a couple of sodas, tossing them to the twins. “Er, yeah, sorry if I was being a bit loud,” Tom says between gulps. “Have you two every heard of the Krongrad or Bust rally?”

“Krongrad? Isn’t that way over in Archana?” Astrid pipes. “Yeah! Well, there’s this rally for banger cars that travels like a 1000 miles to there, starting over in Fruinia.”
Daniel raises an eyebrow and glares at his friend from over his soda bottle. “Okay, and…?”
“I’m building a car for it. Remember my uncle Marc, lives over by Springvale? Well, he bought a new car about a month ago and offered to give me his old Hyensu. It be perfect for this!”

“And getting a free car means making power tool house beat music?” Astrid asks imply. “What? N-no, I wasn’t making…what?” Thomas stammers, clearly confused. “No, I was making a roof rack for it. See, you get to modify the car to help tackle the journey. Like, a big part of the rally isn’t going to be on the road. Going through the mud and sand and rocks or whatever. So you need prep the car to handle all that, right? And because I’m getting this car for free, we can blow the whole budget making it a monster.”

“We?” Daniel asks.
“Er, yeah! The entries are like a team thing, right? I meant to call you about it but I got a bit side tracked.” Thomas turns to Astrid, looks down at his feet before bashfully replying, “You could come with as well. If, you know, you don’t have anything better to do or whatever. Like, the entry fees go to charity and stuff. It would be pretty cool.”

Daniel stares at the bottle in his hand, spinning it in his palm as he thinks. “You know what, yeah! It’s not like I’ve got much else planned for this summer. And this would be a nice break from work. I’ve been busting my butt down at the hardware store all year.” A grin spreads across his face. “Yeah, I’m in!” The boys click their bottles and take a swig.
“So, Astrid, what ya say?” She gives Tom a questionable look. “I not really like you two, I don’t know all that much about cars.” Thomas rubs the back of his neck and replies, “Well, you don’t really need to. You could leave that to us, if you want. Or we could, you know, teach you how or whatever…Besides, you’re good at logistics and stuff! You were always the one helping us plan out our escapades growing up. Don’t you want to have a little fun before you have to head back to school? What do you say? It’ll be an adventure!”

Daniel rolls his eyes and groans. “What?” Thomas asks his friend innocently. Astrid lets out a chuckle. “Sure, I’m in. Someone has to keep you two outta trouble!”
“Awesome! This is gonna be like, the greatest summer ever! Right, so let’s get down to it! I think I have some extra goggles and gloves and stuff around here somewhere…”

a week before the rally start

The teams Hyensu Harmony is looking pretty mean. It’s been jacked up with big offroad tires, storage racks on the roof and trunk, and a big bush guard up front. Astrid is finishing up painting the numbers while Thomas and Daniel are poking about under the hood, discussing power upgrades.
“We already have this sports air filter and upgraded fuel injectors, right? So hear me out, we could get a tube header for it.” “Come on man, were the heck would we get a header for a Hyensu? Is there even such a thing?” “Oh, that’s the beauty of it, right? The engine in this is basically a Ryuji 1.7 liter, yeah? It’s the same thing they used in Goemon sport coupes. Finding one would be easy!”

Overhearing this, Astrid comments, “Wait, did you say this has a 1.7 liter engine?” “yeah,” Thomas replies, “they’re a good motor. Reliable, efficient, can make good power.” She puts her hand on her hand and scoffs. “You two do know that the rules state that the car is supposed to be a 1.2 liter, right?”
Daniel and Thomas look around the hood and stare at their third teammate like deer in the headlights. Thomas let’s out a nervous laugh. “You’re joking right? Ha-ha, you got us Astrid. Good one!”
“No, I’m not joking. Here, take a look for yourself.” She pulls out her phone, bringing up the rally’s website and hands it over.
“Oh.”
Daniel walks over to the old sofa in the corner of the garage, his hands over his head. “What the hell, man!? How did you miss that?” “Hey, you missed it too smart guy!” Thomas retorted hotly, “You can’t place the blame for this on me!” “Weeks of work, thrown completely down the drain. Thanks Tom! No, really thanks a lot!”
“Oh, knock it off you two. You’re acting like children,” Astrid sneers. “So is there nothing we can do? Couldn’t you, I don’t know, turn it into a 1.2 liter?” Thomas shakes his head, staring down at the engine. “No, you can’t. It doesn’t really work that way. You could swap in another one, but I don’t think there’s anything smaller that would work. Even if there was, I don’t know if we’d have the time to do it.”
“So you’re saying that’s it? Even though we have already sent in our fees and took the time off and everything? Is there nothing we can do?”

“No, we’re boned,” Daniel pipes up, “Gah! We were soo close! Man…so much for our awesome summer trip.” Astrid contemplates for a moment before saying, “…could we not just find another car? One that is eligible to run?” Daniel rolls his eyes. “Oh, don’t be so silly sis! You want us to just buy some random car and drive a 1000 miles through the desert or whatever? What have you been smoking?”
“Well, why not? We’ve got everything set up. Why not try?”
“…yeah. Yeah! Why not?” Thomas glances over to the twins, a sparkle in his eye. “I mean sure, it’s a dumb idea. Really dumb. But what do we have to lose? We could find some hooptie off Fru-bay or what ever, pick it up on the way to the rally start, fix what ever is wrong with it, and send it! It’ll be an adventure!”

Daniel stares at the others for a moment before rolling his eyes. “You’re both off your rockers, man. Grade A loonies.” He stares up at the ceiling for a moment. “Whatever, if you can find us a car, I’ll do it. You got us into this mess sherlock, you can get us out.” “Don’t worry dude, it’ll all work out fine!”

two days before the rally start, in the small coastal Fruinian town of Villa Solario

The trio exit the train station, were their new ride is waiting in the parking lot. “See!” Thomas states, “Here’s our new ride. And you doubted me. What do ya think?”
“I think we’re gonna die.”

“I think it’s cute,” replies Astrid.
“See? Astrid’s on board! It’s an 1982 CESMA Colombe 1.2 Copine! It’ll be great! Small, comfy, economical. Has a cool, fullsize sunroof and has only done 109 thousand miles.”
“It’s two colors, mate. And is that rust?” “Er, yeah, the ad said it had been in a minor crash. And I’d like to see you in this good of shape when you’re in your mid 30’s mate.”
“Whatever,” Daniel rolls his eyes, “It’S aN aDvEnTuRe, right?” “That’s the spirit!” Thomas gives his friend a nudge with his elbow. We have a little bit of time before we need to set off. Should be enough for us to prep it a little, you know? Give it that personal touch. Astrid, would you mind painting the numbers again? I have a rattle can in my pack somewhere…"

“Krongrad or bust!”

7 Likes

“This is News @ 5, I’m Steven from Ariyan News Network. Tensions of Archana and Ariya had gone up through the roof with the Ariyan Navy showing a military exercise near the Archanan coast…”

“…4 Archanan soliders, and 9 from the Ariyan National Forces are killed after a border dispute as a part of the latest tensions between the two countries…”

“…The Prime Minister of Ariya, Nakai Hiroshi said that the government will improve its army and will not be feared by nuclear war threats by the totalitarian…”

“…Archanan military was seen dispatching several jets as a showcase to threaten a war against Ariya…”

10 days before race day
12:00 AM
Terso International Airport, Terzo, Frunia

Agent Hana’s plane have just landed on Frunia after several hours since departure. After arriving she took a taxi to a nearby hotel for accommodation. She then entered the hotel, took a bath and went to bed.

The next day, she took another taxi to meet Chozo and Forzudo, which is currently waiting for her in a nearby bar. She ordered a drink, and met them at the bar.

(H - Hana, C - Chozo, F - Forzudo)

H: " “So, any info about the [REDACTED] and the upcoming race?”

F: "Ah, the [REDACTED], we heard that he is actually joining the race. He and some associates [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] was seen in a nearby hotel according to reports, and we’re here just waiting for some news. But in the meantime…"*

F took out a phone, and shows the other two a photo of the car.

F: “Here’s our ride for the race. You may seen it before, Hana, but the car is made by our forces. The car, we call it the The 64, because its my lucky number, and…”

C: “That’s some crappy vehicle. I don’t mean the car was crap by itself, as I’ve never seen a crappy Hinata before, it just that the car just modified to look like crap.”

Suddenly they saw a black Ursula F7 sedan with Archanan plates parking near a nearby building, and the arrival of the vehicle has notified Hana. Inside the car are some Archanan agents in suits.

H: “So what, we…oh shit, its [REDACTED]! How could they know we’re here?”

C: “Let’s leave this place, shall we?”

The trio left the place, leaving unfinished drinks on the bar. They went on to find their car, and left the scene immediately. But suddenly, there are 2 Ursula F7s behind them, chasing them.

F, on wheel: “Damn this shitheads are behind us! Chozo, take that gun and try to hit them as possible! I’ll see you at the safehouse. Hana, follow me!”

Chozo then took a Glock pistol and shot at them. Casualites have been done, and one of the Ursulas crashed into a nearby parking lot. With the car found, a chase has started.

Forzudo then started the car, which is an Ursula F5 RS-R, with the other two agents entered the car in order to flee away. But the remaining car is still on their backs, chasing them down around the city of Terzo. The chase had destroyed several cars and other objects, but no one was hurt.

James Bond is not related to the story

Fortunately, a train came and crushed the other Ursula to a halt. With haste, they drove back to their safehouse.

-TBC-

why there’s so much redacted words lol

4 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, unfortunately I have to tell you that team Hillbilly Rollers will be back. However, technically this takes place before they were involved in anything else that has been posted on this board, so…now we actually have to go back in time. Whatever.

ANDREAS KERO
Interests: Drinking moonshine, motorsports
Personal vehicles: 1990 Ardent Sentinel wagon, 1967 Everette Ellston folkrace car
Personal motto: “Just floor it, you can always check what you managed to hit in the rear view mirror!”

The skilled driver of the bunch. At least according to himself. And that’s probably not a lie. Sometimes he actually has managed to complete a race at the folkrace track with his Everette Ellston without the whole car breaking apart.

JANNE MÄKITALO
Interests: Drinking moonshine, making inventions that is completely useless out of scrap he finds in his backyard.
Personal vehicles: 1960 IP Royalist hearse, 1982 Datsun Bluebird diesel, 1985 Deer and hunt Fallow, and too many tractors, dirtbikes, mopeds, snowmobiles, lawnmowers and forklifts to even count.
Personal motto: “If it can’t be fixed with duct tape, it’s broken for real”.

The skilled mechanic of the bunch. He can repair anything you put in his hands. Just don’t be so sure about when you will get it back.

MARIE PESULA
Interests: Drinking moonshine, drinking beer, drinking cheap wine, drinking aftershave, drinking washer fluid, drinking lots of other suspect stuff, tattoos, obscure erotic roleplays.
Personal vehicles: 1962 Dodge Dart, incredibly rusty 1997 Mercedes E300 Diesel
Personal motto: “Look at my boobs or I’ll kill you!”

The one with the eye for aesthetics. She can make anything look better with a brush in her hand. At least until she tries to eat the paint. And don’t disagree on that point, she will get a little bit…violent, then.

The car they will be entering with?
A 2001 SAARLAND INTERCITY 1.0 EKO!

This is how it entered Janne’s garage but the story only starts here…
To be continued.

9 Likes

Do we actually have to select seats in the “interior” tab of the editor as well, if they’re modeled in 3D?
(I can represent the weight of the seats in other ways)

I take #69.