QFC11 - Sweet Sixteen

:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: LAST DAY :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang:
Additional submissions from:
@Vento
@RAZR

STILL NO .CAR FILE FROM @Riley

2 Likes

Turling Pimento

Turling’s Pimento has been on the market since 2013, but continues to provide a straightforward and inexpensive option for the subcompact crossover segment. This Premier 1.3T is the top of the line trim level, with a more well equipped interior and the brand new downsized 1.3 3 cylinder turbo. Based on an existing I4, the little turbocharged engine provides more power and better fuel economy than the naturally aspirated I4 previously used.

1.3 DOHC 12 valve I3 Turbo
146 hp
0-62: 11.0s
44.4 US MPG
$35,500

10 Likes

Oryu Patagon: Overcome Your Adversaries

1 Like

2020 Matterhorn Scout

37000 AMU

Oooh~ a refresh of a car that I made a little while back. What’s different?? You’ll have to buy one too see! It looks cooler. It drives cooler. Everything about it is :sparkles: cooler :sparkles:. Please just ignore how fuel inefficient this car is. I know gas prices are high… but that’s just the price of German luxury!

BUY NOW

3 Likes

:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: SUBMISSIONS CLOSED :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang:
Additional submissions from:
@donutsnail
@SheikhMansour
@FidleDo

and riley submitted his car :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

BIN HELL

I FUCKING LOVE BINNING WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BMA Citadelle

@Bbestdu28

Sent to hell for being $1000 over the budget limit. Despite this being the case, it is still outclassed by most of the cars in alot of areas. It’s fuel economy is somewhat decent however.

The design is pretty mediocre too, with the front looking like a completely different car from the rear, especially looking worse in the front.

Aero Ruffian

@Edsel

Dragged down to the unholy abyss for being .8 over the trim ET limit, at 140.8. It is mainly killed by the low comfort, low safety, and extremely high service costs.

It did have good practicality and env. resistance, plus I liked the off-beat kei car-like design. But unfourtanetly it wouldn’t get far anyways.

Astoria Ember Touring

@nate21

Suffering eternal damnation for using regular gasoline instead of E10 ethanol.

I loved the design of this car, but it is let down tremendously by terrible stats, specifically the worst drivability and comfort of the field, plus some of the lowest fuel economy. Service costs are pretty low, and the reasons for everything mentioned seems like the fact that it used some of the most basic parts like a standard slush-o-matic, solid disc brakes and no undertray.

Airman Nellis

@nightwave

Doomed to eternal punishment for not having a catalytic converter. I fully understand that you might have forgotten to put one on after you selected ethanol fuel because you went past leaded to select it, but I have the power to do absolutely nothing about it. :sunglasses:

It has the highest safety, but also has mediocre stats otherwise, especially in terms of fuel economy. It also looks terrible too, with way too much body molding sticking out around most of the car.

Not an instabin, it is just so terrible I had to bin it anyway

AAXB

@Vento

I never planned on doing normal bins in a QFC unless a car is really shit, but unfourtanetly this is one of those cases; it is just so minmaxxed I couldn’t help it.

First of all, the design: I cannot tell if this is supposed to be a 2022 or 1998 car, but it fails to look good doing either of those things. It genuinely looks like it was made someone who has never seen a car before.

It has the best fuel economy and service costs for one reason: I shit you not, this thing has a 700cc 3 cylinder, absolutely unacceptable for any modern car in the USA. The 128 hp output seemed acceptable at first, until I saw that the turbo starts to spool at 4000 rpm and consequentially has a redline at 7800 rpm.

It also has unreasonably high practicality since there is also a full 3 seat bench in the 3rd row this car somehow has, which I can’t justify being reality since it is one of the tiniest cars here. Besides the low price, all other stats are pretty bad.

Additional notes on the design: please don’t ever use bumper bars on a post 1990 car ever again, plus…

please dont tell me this front exhaust was intentional please dont tell me this front exhaust was intentional please dont tell me this front exhaust was intentional please dont tell me this front exhaust was intentional please dont tell me this front exhaust was intentional please dont tell me this front exhaust was intentional please dont tell me this front exhaust was intentional please dont tell me this front exhaust was intentional please dont tell me this front exhaust was intentional

24 Likes

You don’t like having the option to shoot flames at the cars in front to tell them to go faster?

for shame.

5 Likes

Curse you updaaaaaaaaates!!!- (last words as the car is consumed by flames).

Thanks for the feedback. Didn’t expect ~30 comfort and ~48 safety to be “low” for this segment; must’ve been the body I chose.

I’m excited to see where this goes from here!

3 Likes

I think the front end treatment on your entry is pretty dope, that shit looks good :+1:t6:

1 Like

Honestly, making past an instabin in the middle of all these updates is a triumph in itself.

Vento is a newbie, he’ll find his groove eventually (probably.) Vento, just go on an image search when making your cars, alt-tab or use a tablet or your phone or something and use real cars as direct inspiration. Sometimes it can be unnerving being limited by Automation fixtures, so dl basically all mods and just consider them part of the game from the start. And lastly, make a list of things a car needs to look realistic, like walk around a real (nice) car and note all the things. Then recreate your designs around that list.

Onward!

4 Likes

flips table

In my defense I did what I could to make the body look as close to what I wanted. Try and deviate too much and the game digs in like a cranky toddler resisting a nap.

Shoot. I’ll blame the update, because I was just under the budget before it but I forgot to check it out, so I’ll blame myself too. And I guess I’m not ready for double-decker headlights (I’ll try to work them better).
(The orange paint looks good in the instabin pic :joy: )

Add i

mages

I know this is past but I was working on it, got busy but wanted to show it anyway. Never done this stuff before so I have no idea how any of this works.

Thanks.

1 Like

Keep doing what your doing, just a LOT more of it.

As was stated earlier and even to me at times, look at other cars and try to get inspiration from that and get to designing.

1 Like

Not going to lie I am probably going to cry about the fact I didn’t know about the new fuel types

I am bad at challenges tbh (i was silly for thinking I had a shot with this one)
Also I just realized the car’s name is Ember so I guess it makes sense that its in a dumpster fire now

1 Like

New fuel types f*cked my engine over and through. Had to spend a few more than I wanted to on the engine tuning and the AI tune button was tempting to click on a few times but I didn’t end up using it. Might try it later and see if it would have resulted in a happy ending.

dont use it if you have a turbo tho lol

Nope, original design had it, but after the update it was just easier to tune a N/A engine.

boring actual reviews

Disclaimer: I didn't think I would have to state it, but there were 4 (3) cars that used just ABS for assists, which would basically make it illegal to sell in the USA. But I'll let it slide since we all know the golden rule: if it isn't in the rules, it can't be penalized.

Mara Urban 1.6 KSE

@AndiD

It isn’t that much of a looker, but it is actually the cheapest car here by a long shot at $28,600, and the stats aren’t actually that bad either. I have no idea how you achieved it but props to you.

The strongest points of it have are the high fuel economy and reliability. However, being a cheap car, some corners had to be cut and consequentially it has poor env. resistance, comfort and safety.

Miller Pug

@Ch_Flash

The Miller Pug certainly captures the features of an actual pug, looking cute and squished at the same time. It has some of the highest safety, but is let down by poor fuel economy, reliability and practicality, ironic since it is the biggest car here. There is also a really high amount of camber driving up the service costs.

ABS only sinner 1/3.

Arion Gruis 142S

@Aruna

An amazing looking design looking as premium as it is. The signature Arion comfort and prestige wasn’t a lie, the Gruis has the highest comfort and 2nd highest prestige of the field.

Even with all this luxury, it is still great in every other aspect, most notably drivability. However, its is no surprise that it comes at the price of a high price.

Turling Pimento Premier 1.3T

@donutsnail

A slightly flawed yet solid design; the slim headlights are fine but I fell like the plastic cladding of the fenders rises up too high.

Despite riding on a 9 year old platform, it still has some of the highest stats of the field, with not too bad of a price either. The real standout is the -8 assist quality, but no shame in that, I’m guilty of it too.

Wells Event

@DuceTheTruth100

The best way I can describe this design is basically a slapping of lines everywhere, with the worst offender being the thin lightbar at the rear.

The stats don’t make up for much either; it does have high safety with treated steel body panels, but suffers everywhere else on top of almost maxxing out the budget.

ABS only sinner 2/3.

Matterhorn Scout Roadline

@FidleDo

The Scout seems to be the same car in production 13 years ago since 2009, and it really shows its age with the worst economy of all the cars here, ironic since it also has the least power out of them all. However, it is relatively cheap to service.

It does have good comfort because of its active suspension, but there are still a few cars that manage to outclass it in comfort even without active suspension. It also has the highest env. resistance (like unnecessarily high) but still falls flat in other areas.

For the design, it definitely looks like a crossover, not much to say about it.

Allen Larus Relictus 1.4T 7-Seater

@Hilbert

A kind of simple but clean design. Unfourtanetly a +2 seat configuration in the rear seams too unrealistic for this size of car, but then again, the golden rule. This configuration gives the highest practicality, but consequentially low comfort and the lowest safety.

It still has good mpg and a low price, but then again, I can’t see a 3rd row being feasible.

Iconic RTX

@Lanson

I love the design of this, it manages to make a retro inspired body look modern with an amazing result.

However, it also has a +2 seat in the 3rd row and has very similar stats to the previous car, albeit with worse fuel economy. The offroady design does reflect the high offroad score… a 1 star priority.

Swanson 112TGF

@Ludvig

A sharp and modern design, but looking a bit too edgy in my opinion. It still has great stats which are mostly all above the average, most notably fuel economy and reliability, the latter of which is where it is the highest.

It seems like a bit of a hot hatch, with the irrelevant bragging rights of the highest sportiness, but lowest offroad score, mainly due in part to a DCT transmission.

Matsuma Mussa 4-X GR

@mart1n2005

Another example of a not bad but kinda boring design. It does have the strong points of good economy, safety and pricing, but still suffers from low comfort.

Also the final car to just use ABS.

Scion CliQ DX

@RAZR

Apparently Scion has crawlen back from the dead without the quality assurance from Toyota. I see potential for a good design here, but it is let down tremendously by the lack of any depth.

Sadly, not even the stats can redeem it, as it also has poor fuel economy and the worst drivability out of all the submissions because of a non-advanced automatic. To top it all off, it still maxes out the budget even with such an outdated transmission.

Sunwoo OX30 T-Line 1.8 '22

@Reizei

One of the best looking cars submitted in my opinion, looking perfectly like a bold brand new 2022 car. One odd choice was making it really powerful when sportiness wasn’t a priority, 220 hp to be exact; this allows it to haul ass to 60 mph in 7.4 seconds which would scare Mackenzie’s parents shitless over the thought of having fun, even though is is really safe.

This high power gives it more prestige than the Arion, but consequentially poor fuel economy and high service costs. Drivability, comfort and the price aren’t the best either.

Zephorus QNE

@Riley

The QNE has a great design on the front and rear, but this is less of the case on the side profile; I feel like it could be improved by not making the taillights slope down and connect to the body line, plus I don’t really think the square molding really fits.

It does still have amazing stats in most places, with the 2nd highest drivability and safety, but amost maxes out the budget. The 5k rpm redline with no harmonic damper seems a bit odd, but thats just a nitpick.

Oryu Patagon

@SheikhMansour

The design of this car is overall just very wonky; the headlights look like they are placed upside-down, there are plastic bars protruding on all sides of the car, the worst offender is the center placed exhaust in the rear bumper, above the plastic.

The stats are still pretty decent, with good drivability and price, but I think there could be improvements in fuel economy.

Sunwoo Thera Premium

@the-chowi

Very strange, apparently there are 2 car companies named Sunwoo. Much like the other Sunwoo, the Sunwoo is one of the best looking cars here, as well as being unnecessarily fast, faster than the other one in fact by .3 seconds, despite a 25 hp deficit.

It does have slightly better fuel economy and worse drivability, but on top of that all, it is an absolute money pit with the lowest reliability, highest service costs, maxed out budget and lowest environmental resistance. The reliability issue could have been easily fixed by not moving the octane margin all the way left for 7 hp; that is by far the biggest killer of it currently.

RESULTS

After many considerations, Mackenzie got a new Turling Pimiento with the help of mommy and daddy’s credit cards and drove off dangerously.

1. @donutsnail - Turling Pimiento
  2. @Aruna - Arion Gruis
  3. @Ludvig - Swanson 112TGF
  4. @Riley - Zephorus QNE
  5. @AndiD - Mara Urban
16 Likes

I’ll pass down to @Aruna