QFC12 - Hot Hatch Time

1992 SAARLAND VITAL ES

Fun to drive. Easy to maneuvre. Economical to own.

10 Likes

1992 Lesovo AX GTI

1.6l inline 4, DOHC, 16valve, 122hp

9 Likes

The 1989 Asagao Hatchy!

car.

4 Likes
Zephorus Autos

Presents

Hot Hatch Hell
Zephorus Bretta SC

More

Rear wheel drive fun, 200hp from a 1.6L I4 Turbo with a 5 speed manual, 0-60 in 6.2s and iconic red stripes.
It doesn’t get any hotter than this.

16 Likes

IKIGAI EcoSwift 2.0
Standard AWD and 5 speed manual trans
Strut and Multi-link suspension

2.0L Boxer 4 making 132HP / 137 lb-ft of torque, so it is effortlessly easy to drive.

Mean boxer rumble soundtrack STANDARD!

4 Likes

1992 Régal 253 Sport

The 253 Sport was introduced in the early 90s as a hot hatch contender. With 172 hp and 7.6s acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h, it was well received in Europe. Performance numbers were possible thanks the longitudinal I5 powering it - a smaller 2.5L than the typical 3.0L I6 Régal used on it’s mainline (it used the same cylinder size), the small RWD was fast, albeit a bit less drivable than its direct FWD competition.

The interior was a bit spartan, but it was well made. It had a sporty but very simple suspension, with double wishbones in front and semi trailing arm in the rear. It was surprisingly not using power steering, with a simple rack & pinion - a big critic coming from the motoring press and most likely a cost cutting concern. The weight of the car didn’t hamper it too much, but it wasn’t an everyday drive for everyone.

Overall a unique offering in a sea of FWD hot hatches. Would it be enough? Buy one today and find out!

10 Likes

Damn. Makes me want to go back and do an H6, RWD entry just because. But mine’s already done and I don’t feel like doing it over. Nice entry.

Scarab Flare rs

Fast, fun and agile

With an all aluminium SOHC 1.5l I3 turbo making 150 hp on 95 RON to all wheels through a Viscous Diff and 5-speed manual.
7 sec to 100km/h
8.9 l/100km
About 1100 kg
20500 Automation Credits

6 Likes

Are minimal advanced trim settings allowed, as long as they are within the bound of realism? I may be blind but I don’t see any rule against it.

Yes, within reason.

2 Likes

1992 Courageux C4 16S

2.0l four cylinder DOHC engine, fwd and five speed manual gearbox.

12 Likes

1992 DRAGOS TERRAN RS

:it:

1.2L Inline 4, FWD, under 900kg, 5 full seats, just $20,700.

5 Likes

1992 Ibis Kestrel GT4

Equipped with a SOHC iron block, aluminium head, boxer 4 and a five speed manual.

4 Likes

The '92 Axxus A1 GT2

We took a bunch of lines, slapped them together and came up with this.

A thoughtful, yet simple approach.

No fancy dohc crap over here, what you get here is 174hp of pure sohc simplicity.

You want to go fast? Fine. Is 6.1 seconds to 60 good enough for you?

5speeds, rear wheel drive, a turbo, ANNND a cool blue line…

Prepare to be driven.

8 Likes

Vizzuri Flume F2R 1992

Shown in Azure with Black cloth interior (Placeholder as comp doesn't require one)

New for 1992, the Vizzuri Flume: A small hatchback with lightweight perky performance paired with great MPG figures. The F2R trim grade was top of the model range, intended for the new WRC F2 class revealed for 1993.

Homologated to the regulations, it has a naturally aspirated 1996cc I4 making 161hp straight to the front wheels only. Weighing in at 996kg it achieves a solid 0-62 in 6.5s, and can speed all the way up to 142.4mph. With aero focused on extra cooling and downforce for reliability and agility as well as a semi-trailing arm paired to tuning, driving the Flume F2R hard into corners was easy to do, and a barrable amount of understeer or torque steer remained. The brakes were big and high piston front of 4 resulted in late braking being quite easy to lean into as well.

The inside was by no means luxury, having the bare basics in terms of radio cassette (likely due to the raspy note it made, who needs radio!) and a standard 5-seat layout. A manual 5-gear or electronic automatic 4 speed was available, with viscous LSD standard on the F2R homologation model.

Gallery

10 Likes

1992 AMS Vanga 2.0 RS

2.0L DOHC 16v I4, 175bhp, geared LSD, $21k AMU. Need we say more?

4 Likes

Benetsch Glatz RZ

Oh, you want a hot hatch? How about a rear-engined, rear-drive derivative of a Group A monster. Really only a liftback by technicality, because if you dare put your groceries into the trunk you’ll cook them on the turbocharged, air-cooled V4 H4. And this is just the lesser trim to fit into $21k - the full fat version would have had AWD and clutch diffs.

I’m not bothering with a full writeup cuz busy as hell, but this is from my LHC company which only does rear-engined vehicles.

3 Likes

It looks more like a coupe than a hatch, even when taking into consideration the fact that it’s built on one of the Juliet bodies, but I’m sure it will qualify.

@Aruna you seem to have taken note of my preference for bright blue as an exterior color, so your decision to choose it for the Flume’s exterior came as no surprise. Speaking of which, when I was making the Vanga, I was all fine and dandy with 140 bhp from a 1.8L I4 - until I realized that the Flume F2R had 20 bhp more, so I went for a 2.0L I4 making 175 bhp, and paired it with a geared LSD for good measure. OK, so I had to use a 4-seat configuration and do without ABS or power steering (although the latter two are merely optional in the submitted trim), but I was still able to squeeze in a standard cassette stereo. Even so, it’s right on the price limit (and the engine is almost at the ET limit), but I’m sure it will pass inspection.

Based on the evidence we’ve seen, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Vanga and Flume were direct rivals - I can’t wait to see how they compare to each other!

The Vizzuri blue is just something that stuck when I was designing the cars for Letera History Challenge, performance wise I wonder the comparison, I’m not sure how it fares :thinking: !

1 Like

1992 Seongu Kando 1.3i SX

Not wanting to be later to the hot (or rather, lukewarm) hatch party than they already were, Korean budget car manufacturer Seongu decided to offer a turbocharged version of their 1.3l three cylinder 2nd generation Kando in the late 1980s.

The car made about 90 hp, allowing for a 0-60mph time of under 9 seconds, despite some added pieces of bodykit with an unclear drag/benefit ratio.

Since the Kando’s 3-door model was notorious for having particularly cramped rear seats, only the 5-door model will really fit Benjamin’s needs.

It even does the thing!

And I needed a donor car trim for my 24h entry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes