QFC12 - Hot Hatch Time

1992 Resuki Sanda XR

A hot hatch designed to be both fun and comfortable. Equipped with a smooth and powerful 1.5L B4 turbo that makes 168hp. Power is sent to the front wheels via a 5-speed manual, allowing the car to achieve 0-60 in just 6.8s. Even with this powerful engine, The Sanda XR still averages a solid 28 mpg(US).

The interior is admittedly nothing much, but it does not cut corners. The Sanda XR still comes with 4 speakers and a standard cassette player. It also has good crash safety rating on top of having ABS. The XR trim also comes with wider tires (205/50R 15), and when paired with the Sanda's all-round independent suspension, it makes for a smooth yet entertaining drive.

The 1992 Sanda XR can be yours today for just $21,000!
13 Likes
BMA Compaq P EGP

What do you get when you let a crazy (but cool) bunch of adrenaline driven “scientists” in a room with a dull Compaq P ? Well, a really, really nervous companion. The 1.6L 4 banger revs up and up, produces nearly 129 hp. What do I hear ? That this is not sufficient ? Well, as one cool chap said, light is right. Indeed it is. Weighting less than 800 kg, this Compaq P knocks down the 0-100kph in under 7 seconds, and goes up to 200 kph and beyond. So come and get a taste of that EGP magic !

Gallery

by BMA

3 Likes

Franklin Marshall HiWay 1.4GTS – 3dr Hatch

Engine – Turbocharged, DOHC, 16v, inline 4, 1380cc
Power – 180hp @5,200 rpm
Torque – 287.8Nm @3,600 rpm

Transmission – 5 speed manual gearbox feeding the front wheels
Braking system – Vented discs to front, drums to rear

Wheels – 15” Alloy
Seats – 4
Interior – Yes
Audio equipment – FM radio with built-in cassette player

0 – 60 – 6.2s
Top speed – Limited to 130 mph
Economy – 43 mpg combined

Total price - £20,800 otr

See your local Franklin Marshall dealership for a test drive.

1 Like

Just under 48 hours left!
So far, 18 cars received from :
@DrPepper2002
@Hilbert
@Lanson
@Ch_Flash
@Knugcab
@Karhgath
@Conan
@mart1n2005
@Fayeding_Spray
@nightwave
@Riley
@Aruna
@abg7
@Texaslav
@AndiD
@Bbestdu28
@Repti
@Jaimz68
If you submitted and your name not here, let me know

Ad, but waiting for .car file from:
@gridghost
@DuceTheTruth100
And whoever wants in b4 the lock!

4 Likes

1992 Hawke GTH. The official car of European teenagers. Weighing in at 2600lbs and also having 200hp and RWD this little beast will fly through both corners and straights. Under the hood it’s got a single turbo inline 5 that’s quiet and still sounds good. The interior wasn’t all to bad, seating 4 people and having lots of cargo space covered up by a removable parcel shelf. It’s safe to say that if you want a brand new hot hatch this is your guy.

6 Likes
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgetting What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out He's choking, how? Everybody's joking now The clock's run out, time's up, over, blaow Snap back to reality, ope there goes gravity, ope There goes Rabbit, he choked, he's so mad but he won't Give up that easy, no, he won't have it, he knows His whole back's to these ropes, it don't matter, he's dope He knows that but he's broke, he's so stagnant, he knows When he goes back to this mobile home, that's when it's Back to the lab again, yo, this old rhapsody Better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him, and

SHAMELESS ZAGATO ALFA COPY HOTHATCH THING

1992 MORETTI RAGAZZA TURBO

end my pain
css theft executed from tutorial post, hence i cant post details within the stylish thingy... sorry not sorry
198.5HP 1.5L SOHC Turbo engine goes braaaaaaaaap
2 Likes
is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_):::::::::::D~~

^ The div above this is the first background, and the primary border. The background doesn’t move due to the “background-attachment: fixed” tag. The background loops vertically if your image is short or your device is tall enough, so this allows for patterns (see: portalkat’s AGC20)

Feel free to change the image to whatever suits your fancy.

^ The div above this is the second background, and secondary border. it also defines the text color and font family. Change colours to 18001b and purple for Planar posts, 744f00 and darkorange for Halvson

1992 Halvson Super Newton 1.8EMi

Newly updated for 1992, the Halvson Newton combines the best of compact motoring and raw fun. With comfortable interiors and a stylish exterior, you won’t be caught lacking in any aspect.

The Super Newton model is available with a 1.8L version of our venerable 4 cylinder engine, now outputting 91kW thanks to the inclusion of our EMi fuel injection system.

Thanks to the 1.8EMi engine and the new 5 speed gearbox, the Super Newton can accelerate to 60 in just 8.6 seconds, and on to a top speed of 125 mph.

Available now for just $21,000 AMU, call your nearest Halvson dealer to book a test drive today!
2 Likes

Oryu Misaki Turbo S

Rise to the occasion

2 Likes

Round now closed - expect results within a couple of days.

5 Likes

Results part 1
Sorry about the delay (IRL stuff priority + inefficiency + english hard = bad)
Part 2 coming within 23 hours
Instead of just this annoying update, I’ll get the “bins” out of the way at least: 3 interesting cars, just with some Happy Little Accidents with the rules.

@ChFlash Lesovo AX GTi

Looks and sounds good, and best in class for safety. But wait, it’s well over the noise limit. Silly bureacrats. It’s among the slower cars, and rather uncomfortable. “Binned” due to noise over 50.

@Ducethetruth100 Axxus

An ambitious design with promise, lights look a bit flat. Fast, best reliablity and service costs, due to having an engine from The Future. “Binned” due to: Engine variant year 2012

@RAZR Moretti Ragazza Turbo

Fast. Mean raspy triple, cool Italian/show car looks with the color scheme, wheels and wing. Staggered tires, somewhat unbalanced AIR suspension. Also a “bin” due to 2012 engine, as well as +rear seats

7 Likes

DAMN that sucks lol, I respect it tho…GOTS TO.

Im looking now and I see the eff up, but I dont know how I did that. Im gonna ask, but in a new thread.

may the best car win…Peace!!..Cheers!!..all the shit.

2 Likes

Oh f*ck… I should have checked the engine and re-add the normal back seats… Oh well, it was fun to make never the less… Good luck for the rest. :grin:

2 Likes

Ironically “High Perf” made the car both noisier and slower… :smile:

The way things are right now, performance intakes generate a lot more noise than they used to.

Well I just discovered a game bug f*cked me over which might have happened when I switched from NA i4 1.6L to Turbo i4 1.5L engine and duplicated the car mid-development to do so. Also I didn’t see any rule mentioning the + seats’ illegality so that is might have been the reason why i went for them.

Also since the engine revamp the tooltips are a lie. They say for some part that they reduce noise, that’s a big lie.

Results part 2/2

@DrPepper2002 - Trident Sapphire 145:

Tiny and edgy. Subverts expectations with the best high-speed performance. Can struggle for grip. Rust prone, quiet but rattly engine, late spool turbo (period correct ™)

@Hilbert - Asagao Hatchy 1.4 Turbosport:

Slighty reminds Ben of his old car, but does look far better. A bit of a sleeper, not schporty (brake fade, narrow tires, underdamped, rec ball steering = no road feel). Still, good value, quick enough.

@Lanson - IKIGAI EcoSwift 2.0L AWD:

Smooth, modern, not loving the giant c-pillar vents. AWD, ABS, power steering and small footprint for easy handling. Top safety. Could easily take some more power.

@Knugcab - Saarland Vital ES:

Looks a bit like an old brick, but with a masculine, get-outta-the-way streak. Cheap and reliable, but among the slowest cars.

@karhgath - Régal 253 Sport:

A loong hood for a regal presence. Super eco tires on steelies slightly ruins the “premium performance” credibility, fuel eco still below average. Otherwise, a comfortable, reliable and fairly quick everyday driver.

@Conan - Mitsushita Jesta RS:

Modern, nice purple, rides a bite high. Fair value, rustproof lightweight allrounder, performance suited for legal speeds with grippy sports tires.

@mart1n2005 - Courageux C4 16S:

A solid all-rounder neither excelling or failing at anything, and reasonably fast. Solid design (except the corner indents), red stripe really ties the car together.

@Fayeding_Spray - Dragos Terran RS:

Lighweight, most rust resistant. “Slightly” underpowered. Terminal Oversteer x2, lowest reliability & safety, rear brake bias. Plain, but solid with tasteful red striping. Aggressive front, rear could use some cleanup

@nightwave - Ibis Kestrel GT4:

Grille a nice nod at the boxer engine, clumsy side turn signals. Very thirsty, not particularly fast, but high safety rating.

@Riley - Zephorus Bretta SC:

A Zephorus for 21K? Looks stunning and aggressive. Quick, a bit twitchy handling due to RWD and trailing arm suspension. More comfortable than expected, decent safety.

@Aruna - Vizzuri Fiume F2R:

A striking blue pocket pedigree racecar, with grip as a particular strong point. Expensive-ish to own, below average safety, and Italian “reliability”.

@abg7 - AMS Vanga 2.0 RS:

A happy, modern sleeper with a sporty secret (lower front vents are a bit high?) Quick and sporty with very a responsive engine, but no ABS, otherwise about average.

@Texaslav - Benetsch Glatz RZ:

Chonky design, flat front courtesy of rear engine, which on the other hand gives class-leading acceleration. Surprisingly well-mannered handling considering, and peak comfort. Very expensive to own, and I would be more confident with the RR layout with the aid of ABS. Strong “What if the Audi Coupe was based on the 911?” vibe.

@AndiD - Seongu Kando II 1.3i SX:

It’s tiny and…cute? Strangely compelling. Cheapest at 16400£, but fairly competent, very nimble, good steering feel, the best stereo, and top reliabilty at the lowest cost here. Average running costs though, tight interior and on the slow side.

@Bbestdu28 - BMA Compaq P EGP:

Both the sportiest and least comfortable, with a barely legal but good-sounding exhaust. Cheap to own. Design not bad, but headlights a bit droopy and futuristic. Aluminium panels and ungalvanized chassis an odd combo.

@Repti - Repti Resuki Sanda XR:

Very attractive, well-detailed design. Average service costs and rustproofing, but otherwise a quick, above-average allrounder.

@Jaimz68 - FM HiWay 1.4 GTS:

Best fuel economy AND top-tier performance, reliable as well. Scary high speed terminal oversteer, notchy gearbox. Not quite feeling the design either, with the 70s chrome and one-sided grille.

@DrDoomD1scord - Hawke GTH:

A quite elegant design [bit early for Altezzas], quick, sporty and prestigious. Very low reliability, apparently there’s a bunch of issues with the valvetrain, suspension, bodywork and electrics.

@gridghost - Scarab Flare rs:

Chunky, racy design, with AWD for wintertime. Quite sporty and decent service costs, but below average in other areas.

@lotto77 - Halvson Super Newton 1.8EMi:

Headlights are bulky, but add character. Cool logo, and comes with a right proper Sport Interior. Race car sound (right on the limit of legal), but not particularly fast, and below average as an everyday car.

@SheikhMansour - Oryu Misaki Turbo S:

A bit bare, color adds some much needed spice. Quite comfortable, and a quick track car. Loose rear end at high speeds.

Our dude has finally concluded, and the winner is :
1. Resuki Sanda XR by @Repti
Apparently there’s a waiting list for Sanda XRs, so Ben needs to have some priority backup cars, which was a bit harder to to pick:
2. @karhgath Régal 253 Sport
3. @Riley Zephorus Bretta SC
4. @Lanson IKIGAI EcoSwift 2.0L AWD
5. @Conan Mitsushita Jesta RS

I’m already notified Repti won’t be able to host, so hosting rights pass down the list as usual, beginning with @karhgath

Again sorry about the delayed results.

15 Likes

Oh wow, great reviews! Also, don’t stress because you took a bit more time to post them.

Grats to the winner! Very surprise that a very RWD sporty hatch was competitive with so many great entries.

With the JOC2 judging starting and my lack of time lately, I will have to pass the opportunity to @Riley unfortunately.

2 Likes

Darn, wonder how far off the mark I was with my Vizzuri? I thought it sounded good from the review :smile:

Congratulations to “the winner” really good result, especially for a first challenge entry for some time.