QFC16 - Devenir Majeur

Around 7 liters. That is not much considering its 1966 and five adults fit in it without a problem. And it is a lot cheaper than the Greek car shown above.

2 Likes

That is all i have to say for now.

1966, Curacao :curacao:
Johnny Di BetterDeals tells his Le Mans team that they are running out of money, and fast. BetterDeals had been spending all their effort and money on racing in Europe, and had had decent success. Unfortunately, border guards kept stealing their cars, which meant that they had to consistently resend cars. I would do the same though.

Anyways, yadda yadda, no money, giant rubber duck, lets get to the point. Johnny told the team that they needed a cheap car that could sell. He gave them 3 months to build fully functional prototype.

Logically, this did not go well in a lot of ways. Prepare your eyes.

The BetterDeals HPD (Hopi Bon Deal, roughly translates to Very Good Deal).
Now, you probably have a few questions. Probably many. Here is a Q&A.

Q: Why. Why does it look like that.
A: The plan the engineers had was to make a car that is insanely easy to produce, and work on. Another reason is that aerodynamics matter much less at low speeds, meaning that they could just stick a bunch of cubes together for a cheap production.

Every part is easily replaceable due to the plastic body, and many have different options when buying. For example, the roof is an option. This model has one since it was chosen, but most did not. The roof is easily detachable too. Next to that, the windscreen, rear seats, doors and engine are all options. Standard model comes with a horse.

Q: Is it good, or is it a complete mess.
A: Depends. Safety is a myth, but the main selling point was of course not that. Apart from safety, the car had many innovative technologies (Not that you could see that), especially in the engine. Its a 0.5 liter SOHC I3 producing 22 horsepower. It had fuel injection too! This engine was very well tuned due to the engineers building race cars, so it was very fuel efficient. Prepare your eyes for the fuel economy you are about to see.

Drum roll…

55 MPG!!!
Probably not really impressive.

Ok that’s it. No more technology. The rest is a mess, i lied.
First thing you probably notice is that it has a crank start, meaning that you have to manually start up the car. There was no electric starter option.
Second is of course the body. Quirky to say the least.
Then you have all the lights. They are all the same. Just with slightly different electronics and different colors.
Next is the fuel tank. Where is it? Under you. If you crash, you are prone to instantly die from an explosion. Added onto that, the body is made out of flammable plastic. You can see where this is going.

There are many more problems, but those are the main ones.

Ok, no more Q&A. We no longer the budget after how many HPD’s we bought.
How much did it cost? Original sources say about 8600 autobucks, which was probably 8599 autobucks over what it should have been.

You may have noticed how i have not mentioned performance. How is it? Uhh. It can do 0-60, and a little over it, but thats it. Now, this is pathetic, but there was a reason.

Why go faster than the speed limit?
Aha! No more performance problem. Its actually too fast! You can also apply this to safety. Its called driving safely. What about others? Force them all to buy an HPD. No more crashes. Also, no more traffic, since no one wants to drive this garbage. Maybe Fr*nch people disagree though? Don’t know. They liked the 2CV after all.

Ok, enough talking.

Now, would Jean buy it?

• No.
  • No, of course not.
  • No, who would?
  • I am completely insane.

0 voters

Thanks for reading. I spent 2 days tuning this and i am extremely high. If you would like to buy one, send a letter to the Embassy of Chad in the USA.

(Why did i make this. Its a serious entry though, i better get last though!)

3 Likes

For Devenir Majeur consideration, the Monroe Flitzer!

Powered by a 1200cc 4 cylinder, this Flitzer has amble room for 5 adults while also offering a compact and urban-centric footprint.

3 Likes

:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: SUBMISSIONS OPEN :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang:

Now that I have your attention, I wouldn’t normally do this so I could make the funny bin hell images, I actually reviewed the 5 of you that submitted before I sent this message, and three of you used the wrong fuel. Well fucking done. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: So much for speedrunning your shitbox in hours when you have an entire week to work on it just to strengthen your fragile ego over the competitors.

However, because that fact depresses me so much, I’ll give you this one chance to resubmit, but unfourtanetly your asses are getting publically shamed:

@Maverick74 and @Ch_Flash 's rushed shitboxes use super leaded
and @Djadania’s horrid contraption uses regular unleaded

Shame on you.

17 Likes

This is why your the best host, or should I say based host

3 Likes

Even though I did a scan through of the ruleset as I prepared the file to send to make sure I was within spec, this still made me worry and double check it. It still said Regular Leaded.

3 Likes

It is quite interesting that it is called “HPD”. In Sweden, that means “HopPlockade Delar” which translates to “Picked together parts”, when you have picked parts together from everywhere to build your vehicle… :rofl:

2 Likes

Oops, sorry about that! Guess i got the timezones wrong, and i cant read so that’s my fault. Only better for me though, extra power!

Kim Heavy Industries presents...
The Model 60 S

Powered by a 1.6L V6 engine, the Model 60 S provides impeccable comfort, superb reliability, good fuel economy, and a top notch driving experience. It is maneuverable yet safe, and driving will never be a chore.

Yours can be had at your local import dealership.

2 Likes

Stockholm 404CC

The Stockholm 404CC is a “cheap” car designed for urban use. With a “powerful” 43 hp engine and a 0-100km time of eventually, it provides high performance and sips fuels with a rating of 8.6 l/100km. At least it is “comfortable” and “safe” and may be driveable, depending on who the driver is. This fantastic car will be yours for the low price off $11,900. At least the paint looks two-tone from certain angles.

1 Like

20 Likes
Made by RAZR

Moretti Torino 1315s

Flat Four, rear engined Italian people's car
More Images Made by RAZR Made by RAZR Made by RAZR
4 Likes

Honnêtement, elle est superbe…

2 Likes

1966 Knightwick K45

Originally designed as the replacement for the Dragonfly model, the K45 used the same 1094cc engine and four speed gearbox but this time with a more modern unibody structure and independent rear suspension replacing the live axle of the Dragonfly.

available as either a three door hatchback or this three door “traveller” model it offered ample luggage space in a small footprint

The rear tailgate opened in a split manner with the top half folding up and the lower folding down allowing you to open only the top half to load small items into the luggage compartment.

The interior was much improved over the Dragonfly with fully carpeted floor and load area. Vinyl seats with cloth as an option. The dashboard has a handy luggage shelf below and a lockable glovebox. For 1965 the dashboard was lightly updated with a modern instrument panel with a strip speedometer flanke by fuel and water temperature dials. Plastic switches for lights and wipers replaced the older metal flip switches on the earlier model.

8 Likes

So many pretty econoboxes, great idea for the era.

I’m proud to present to you the ubiquitous Floyd Motor Co. Citadine 1.3, a European-specific offering suitable for city-driving just as much as cruising down the roadway.

The Citadine is the first front-wheel drive platform for Floyd Motors, new for 1966. The compact engine and manual 4 speed transmission sits neatly up front, and allows for a flat floored interior cabin that can comfortably seat 4 adults. HiResPhoto202_2,880-1,620|690x388

Night shots for lighting

Summary

This model is equipped with a wonderfully suitable 1.3 Litre SOHC I4, making a potent 60 HP.

Sells for 10,000 flat in the 1.3 trim shown.

7 Likes
CATALOG NO. 85-E

YAMAZAKI MOTORS, LTD.
NIHONBASHI, CHUO-KU, TOKYO, JAPAN. TEL (420) 6969

THE NEW CONSTELLATION
The Premier Compact Sedan

Specifications

For more information or to book a test drive, please call or visit your nearest Yamazaki dealership.

Gallery

First Generation Model (1961-1964)

14 Likes

The good thing is, when you take a little time to see what others do before submitting, you see when you’re wrong.
Another good thing is: The Publica F is also available in a better trim. Our French president says to it:

"Introdüssing le Primüs Püblica Fe äs de Lüx modäle, it häs:

• Exklüsif wuud and lätheer interieur
  • naisser front bumpeur
  • faif more horsepowär from an 1.4 endschin
  • still not äxpensif änd väri reliable"

Wi sink sät sörtifaif horsepowär are tuu läss. So nau se kar kän kiip up on se hai-wäi."

The look and feel of a large luxury car - for the price of a cheap cardbord box with wheels.

4 Likes

I need to buy one of these to test it in BeamNG, it would be perfect in Jey leno’s car museum!

2 Likes

QFC16_-Djadania-_BetterDeals_HPD.car|attachment (60.3 KB)
Here is the file if anyone wants it. I dont have anything to gain or lose from posting it here, just copy it if you want. Spread the Trash! The only way we can beat trash is by overtrashing!

2 Likes