QFC17 - Kei car (Results out!))

PRESENTING:

1995 AERO KEAI

Version 2.2

A convertible kei sports car designed to be simple, livable, and fun to drive. First released in 1990, The Keai proves its perfectly possible to have fun on a tight budget, without sacrificing reliability, or livability. Plus, few other cars allow you to have so much all-out thrill within the speed limit. :D

The version best suited to your needs would be the naturally aspirated engine; while empirically slower, many critics report the N/A actually feels sportier due to its responsiveness and lighter weight. Plus, its cheaper and easier to drive. We also offer you an aerodynamic package that adds side skirts and a spoiler, for improved efficiency (getting it over 40mpg!)

Specs

Engine: 659cc I3
Weight: 862kg - 1899lb
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Weight Distribution: 57% front - 43% rear
Fuel Economy: 7.9 l/100km - 29.7mpg

Peak Power: 59hp @ 7000 RPM
Peak Torque: 49lb/ft @ 4800 RPM
Top speed: 140kph - 87mph (limited)
0-60 - 12.8 seconds
Cornering: .98g @ 20m

5 Likes

1995 IKIGAI SR25 Sport

The word concept “IKIGAI” means different things to different people, but for us, it means creating a balance between all the reasons for being. And so, we present to you the SR25 Sport.

The Sport trim focuses less on the offroad capabilities of the Kei-sized SR25: a lower suspension, light alloy wheels, and a high torque turbo inline-4 driving the rear wheels through a 5-speed manual transmission.

The Kei car gentlemen’s agreement says nothing about torque!

IKIGAI, find the balance within!

10 Likes
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN

Front and rear yellow japanese plates would be perfect! It’s not eliminatory.

Japanese_black_on_yellow_license_plate

Since this body seems to be allowed, I hereby present the

1995 Yamaguchi 660TS.

A practical Kei does not need to be a boring one.

7 Likes

Prancing Fox Autos would like to present the Cub to the Kei spec market.

Did someone mention torques?
Torque

8 Likes

Pleione Minea Turbo “Canvas Top”

The smallest of the Pleione is back!

Now comes with Turbocharged 660 cc engine for more fun to drive.

6 Likes

Reminds me of a Micra K10, just with more youthful styling. Nice

BMA SLLT65

A 656cc mid engine boxer four wonder on wheels ! The 56 horses are more than enough to get this feather rolling ! Paired with a manual 5 speed transmission, the 0 to 100 kph takes less than 11 seconds ! But don’t just stand there and take my word for it, get in touch with your nearest BMA dealership and go in for a ride !

Gallery

4 Likes
There are approximately 12 hours left before the end of the challenge.

So far I have received cars from:

@xsneakyxsimx
@mart1n2005
@Edsel
@crwpitman1
@Lanson
@Jaimz
@z2bbgr
@Happyhungryhippo
@Bbestdu28

4 Likes

1998 Mara Zora 0.6 9V Turbo AMM

Shortly after the release of the 2nd generation of Mara’s city car - the Zora / Zorya - in the mid 1990s Mara discovered that the car dimensions would also (almost) fit the kei car regulations.

In response, they hastily de-bored and de-stroked their Triyka I3 engine to a bit over half capacity in order to comply with the engine regulations as well.

To help sales, Mara’s performance division AMM took care of developing a (sort-of) sporty version, painted in their signature yellow. Among other things, they put a functional turbo on the engine, and non-functional vents below the front license plate.

2 Likes

1995 KMA KXT Coupe

A back-to-basics sports car in miniature, starting from just $19,000.

7 Likes

MAHG Minicron Sport '96

5 Likes

1995 Vizok Svoboda 660 Go2

• Developed with help of Glorious Nippon Engineers
  • Many space, very style
  • Can take the Beat
  • Variable Geometry Boost Control Turbo Intercooler Engine
  • 1989 Brands Hatch 6 hours Racing Champion
  • European like Eurobeat
  • Dave Rodgers approves
Less overexposed pics

6 Likes
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
8 Likes
STRAIGHT INTO THE BIN

@crwpitman1

Wrong variant year (2012), the maximum speed exceeds 140 km/h (201 km/h), too loud. Too bad, it’s a nice car.

@S31

Wrong trim and variant year (2016). Once again too bad, I really liked the mix of styles.

@z2bbgr

Race part (tubular race headers). Once again too bad, this is such a cute car.

3 Likes

I don’t know what happened to the year. I had it set correctly when I exported. I didn’t notice the top speed either, so I guess it would have failed regardless. Also was sure I had checked the engine loudness as well. Maybe I should import my exports to see if the numbers match.

1 Like
REVIEW

@abg7 - KMA KXT Coupe

It’s a nice little coupe that offers a good level of sportiness while maintaining comfort (it’s the best) and safety. Consumption and maintenance costs are very reasonable. Drivability is bad though.

@AndiD - Mara Zora Mk2 0,6 9V Turbo AMM

The look is nothing sporty but the style is consistent. It is the least expensive ($11,800) and most reliable of the cars on offer. Sportiness, comfort and safety are low. The manufacturer has clearly made savings on these positions. The performances are nevertheless decent.

@Bbestdu28 - BMA SLLT65

And here’s a second little coupe. Drivability is excellent. The price is high. Other features are average for the category. It is a rather homogeneous car.

@Edsel - Aero Keai

Here is a very sporty little convertible but which remains drivable! Its reasonable maintenance cost cannot compensate for a very high price ($25,000). The style is not very attractive. Other features are average.

@Happyhungryhippo - Yamaguchi 660TS

As the photo suggests, this car is absolutely not sporty. It’s not the most driveable though. Its price is reasonable.

@Jaimz68 - PFA Club

The front is original. While the style is all round, some stylistic details are rectangular… It’s confusing. The car has no outstanding qualities. Its price is a little higher than the average.

@Kevin980 - Horuba Bito 660-S

Many orange warnings ont this car. Worst reliability, worst drivability, worst safety, low confort, average sportiness. The price is reasonable but not enough to convince. Sorry.

@Lanson - IKIGAI SR25 Sport

I did not expect a mini SUV. The style is square but consistent. It’s not very sporty or very driveable. It has no outstanding qualities or faults.

@Ludvig - Vizok Svoboda 660Go2 fl

Here is a kei car with a neat sporty style, detailed but a bit dated for its time. The car is not very sporty but the whole is homogeneous and the price attractive.

@mart1n2005 - Matsuma Verve aero xx

Here is a neatly styled wheeled cube. The car is very homogeneous. It is not sporty but its other characteristics are good. Its price is reasonable.

@xsneakyxsimx - Bokuto Nomi

Another nice little convertible. It is sporty without being undriveable. Quite the contrary! Its price is affordable.

RANKING

1. @mart1n2005 Matsuma Verve aero xx
  2. @AndiD Mara Zora Mk2 0,6 9V Turbo AMM
  3. @BBestdu28 BMA SLLT65
  4. @xsneakyxsimx Bokuto Nomi
  5. @abg7 KMA KXT Coupe
  6. @Ludvig Vizok Svoboda 660Go2 fl
10 Likes

Oh wow! I didn’t expect that with such a tall boxy vehicle, especially with all the little sports cars being entered.

I know the rules had to be tweaked a little but I really enjoyed this round, not my usual type of car to make.

Congrats to @mart1n2005 on the win. And I can say that just missing out on the podium isn’t too bad for me, not doing comps for too long.