QFC21: #(Mini)van Life

They’re listed as “people mover” in game.

Though that does make me wonder; given that Automation’s classification of bodies isn’t always accurate, are we only allowed to use bodies marked as “people movers,” or can we use other bodies that are listed differently but look like minivans just the same?

I forgot to mention that any body marked as a people mover in-game qualifies as a minivan. SUVs and wagon bodies that look like minivans do not, however.

1 Like

So, are we allowed to send in minivans that use traditional rear doors, instead of sliding ones?

Also forgot to mention this: In terms of aesthetics, simulated sliding doors are preferred, but this feature may not be necessary for smaller bodies.

It’s easy enough to make the sliders for the doors, or if you have standard doors could always mention it on the ad post

Great, so! I read the brief and I decided to ignore it! Allow me to introduce you to the RWD minivan

The Schwann K280 Gran Enthvänger

Powered by a turbocharged inline 3 engine

From 0 to 100 in less than 9 seconds

More sports car

The K280 Gran Enthvänger, and it’s smaller brother, the K270 Enthvänger

A true enthusiast minivan, weighting less than 1500kg

You don’t buy it because you need it, but because you deserve it.

12 Likes

One word about seating configurations:

Now they aren’t really a hard rule here anymore, but I do admit that 2+2+3 makes most sense in this class. The problem comes when you want to model interiors…

The EXTREMELY INTRUSIVE WHEELWELLS of this game means that while a bench in the second row in the body I am using leaves a lot of free space on the sides, as well as a whole ocean between the front bucket seats.

To fit the third row between the rear wheel wells, though, the only way is to pinch two bucket seats REALLY close together, and even narrow them down a bit (at least when using the most common seat fixture for modern day cars).

So if you like to model interiors, 2+2+3 is unfortunately out of the question. :frowning: I had to go for 2+3+2.

You could always hide the chassis in advanced settings. There are inner wheel wells in the interior fixtures you can use to fill the empty space left behind too. I’ve done that with a couple challenge cars… a wagon and a pickup truck.

True. For me it has been sort of a matter of future proofing since not every host would probably accept a hidden chassis if using the car in a future challenge, but…

1 Like

Oh, right. Always make sure hiding the chassis is rules compliant first lol.

TBH I think allowing it should be the standard, given how useful it is for modelling interiors and how irrelevant stat wise it is.

3 Likes

Every car I have made with an interior has had the chassis hidden and I’ve never come unstuck so far so I should hope it’s ok

I tried hiding the chassis (or switching to a basic one) for some of my builds where the rearmost row of seats would otherwise overlap with the wheel wells, and it worked.

2 Likes

2023 Astoria Serenity

The Serenity has been facelifted for 2023 and now comes with a peppy naturally aspirated 3.0 liter V6 producing 254 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque. Mated to the engine is an advanced 8 speed automatic transmission. FWD is standard, but AWD is optional on all models. MPG is rated at 20.4 average.

Shown: 2023 Astoria Serenity Limited, MSRP $45,800.

11 Likes

New and prepped for the 2023 model year, the Ascot Dragoon LX 3.4

1 Like

(lets hope this does better than my QFC20 entry (might not though))
This is the Mallpark MV-2. The shown model comes with a 3.3L V6 that makes 219hp. It seats 7, and very safely too, or at least that’s what our sources tell us! And no, that’s not just us. Other people. Whose job is to like, test the cars. Anyways, if you think that our minivan is perfect for your family, just fork out $41400! It will be money well spent! I hope.
le images

Cost shown is cost approximated by Automation.

2023 Kosmo Sayugje 6T

From South Korea with love - the brand new Kosmo Sayugje provides great space and comfort for the whole family.