QFC23 - Mafioso Motoring [Results out!]

Oh you mean the yellow light that’s just usually in the same glass as the headlight, that doesn’t sound like a marker though, a marker sounds like it’s a separate casing

Yeah, in most modern cars the headlights/taillights already wrap around the side, so the marker light gets incorporated into them. Like in the Ford Fusion below; notice there is amber light facing you in the headlight assembly, and a red light facing you in the taillight assembly.

They’re called “marker” lights because they “mark” the position and heading of the vehicle; the idea is that, if you’re looking at a car side-on from a distance (in low-visibility conditions), the lights make it clear where it is, roughly how big it is, and which way it’s facing.

(also, I honestly like them, since I love colored lights in general, but that’s just personal preference. And yeah, they certainly look better on some cars than others)

3 Likes

Submissions open

Submissions have been opened. Fire away! Not with the gun, with the cars, please!

Send submissions to my forum DMs with the .car file. An ad post in this thread is preferable too.

Submissions will close on Sunday April 16th, 23:59 in whatever timezone you are in. No fretting over timezones, because even I didn’t remember that GMT is two hours behind me and the challenge opens at 2 AM for me.

Important changes for those who have finalised their designs before rule deliberation ended:

• Recommended fuel type is 95 RON (91 AKI). 98 RON (93AKI) gets 10% fuel economy penalty.

• ‘No cheese’ rule added for advanced trim settings.

Good luck on your designs and have fun!

This is slightly early, but I can't feasibly stay up 'till 2 to change a name and add a post.
2 Likes

1995 FMW 660 L12

The brand-new FMW 660 L12, a true luxury vehicle for the demanding connosieur. Reclining individual rear chairs, with heating, ventilation and massage provide ample comfort to chauffeured passengers. The driver isn’t left behind either, with driving assist innovations such as ESC and EPS, and an advanced AWD system. The new 660 leapfrogs the competiton and ushers FMW into the 21st century.

Gallery

Specs
  • 6.0 N/A V12
  • 453 bhp
  • 582 Nm
  • 1742 kg
  • 0-100 in 5.3 seconds
  • 300 km/h top speed
  • Steel-aluminium hybrid architecture
  • 5 speed advanced automatic gearbox
  • AWD
  • Handmade leather interior with individual rear seats
  • Electronically adjustable, heated, cooled and massaged seats
  • Luxury sound system with Compact Disc playback
  • Three-zone automatic climate control
  • Electronic stability control
  • Electrically assisted power steering
  • Adaptive air suspension with semi-active swaybars
10 Likes

Biggest question: do interiors count?

First sub-question: if so, does Signore Bosso care about gadgetry, or just good ol’ space, seats, silence, and styling?

Second sub-question: if so, will submitting an interior disqualify or otherwise impair it from entering any future competitions? I have one main design that I recycle and tweak for my various cars, and it took considerable effort to put together.

Sub-sub-question: part of the reason for reluctance to redesign a whole new interior is limited selection of stuff like doorpanels, and game engine limitations making scratch-building out of 3D shapes way more cumbersome than it needs to be. I imagine there’s custom content out there to lift this limitation, but I’ve yet to find and add it. Ifnwhen I do, is it ok to use here?

Next, what’s the scoring bias between stats and the visually obvious? Say, Car A rates 60 comfort, Car B at 58 but has a solid 30+cm more legroom.

What are minimum safety standards?

What’s considered a “legacy” body? Must 1995 be the latest nominal body year, or is being available in 1995 per the Car Designer ok? Do Body tech pool points matter for the purposes of unlocking newer bodies?

Regarding tech pool points: engine and the rest of the car are considered one for the purposes of distributing the 30 extra points?

Is there a link to this IAS Serpent, for a frame of reference?

3 Likes

Interiors are nice to look at and write about, but aren’t required and will not be scored. This is QFC after all, and time isn’t on your side. Some people also despise/can’t make them, which heightens the barrier of entry, not what QFC is about.

He likes new technology, if it isn’t ‘in-the-face’ too much.

Sure, as long as you can find it on the steam workshop.

As previously mentioned, interiors will not be scored, and the stat will reign supreme.

I’m not specifying a number as a hard minimum, but higher is better and I’d say 45 is the lowest you should go for.

‘Legacy’ bodies refer to the bodies that have been deprecated and are repackaged in the legacy body mod. They’re usually broken/unbalanced so they have been excluded from consideration.

As for the body’s year? Go wild, use techpool to unlock newer ones and do whatever.

Engine and car are considered one to spend a total of 30 extra points on.

Here it is.

2 Likes

Got everything except the note about the legacy body mod. I have no mods, and suspect I have an older version of the game… LCV 4.2.41? So a body from the 40’s or 50’s would be ok, perhaps if accompanied by thoroughly modern hardware and the argument that it’s “retro/revivalist”?

Never done anything with Steam Workshop so it looks like I’ve some homework to do.

2 Likes

Going back that far would probably raise some mockery about living in the past with a thoroughly outdated vehicle. It would be interesting to see, but not exactly what he’s looking for.

I’m relatively positive that that is the current game version.

There are a lot of REALLY good mods that add great body molding, interior parts etc. You should look in to them, because you’re missing out otherwise.

You meant deprecated - those body sets originated in the Kee era or in earlier UE4-based builds, but have since been replaced or remade for 4.2 and up.

Also, the Serpent looks like it was built on one of the 1985 Juliet body sets (which resembles an Alfa 155/164) - specifically, one of the larger ones in 4-door format.

1995 Minerva Solarian GLX

Like a prowling panther in the night, the Solarian is the perfect hunter. Whether you’re tracking down another business deal, or winning street races with the un-assuming four-door luxury car, you can be sure of this much: No one else is as comfortable as you are, right here, right now.

That’s because you’re sitting in hand-made quality leather seats, with a high-end CD player, active comfort suspension, and the latest and greatest safety technology, because sometimes, it is better to survive. And with 600+ horsepower from a nearly-12 liter V12, you can be sure that your car will go like hell when you need it to. Because, well… Just because you’re armored like a bank-vault on wheels doesn’t mean you have to be slow.

This example is shown in a Solarian-exclusive color: “An Absence of Light.”

6 Likes

Does It needs to be a sedan? Can i build a SUV?

If it’s not against the rules made by the host and abg didnt regulate it in the comments, it’s allowed.

So you should be fine with an SUV.

Sedans are usually the body shape that such hyperluxury vehicles come in, but SUVs and other body shapes are allowed (and were allowed from the start)

P38 range rover could probably work as a wild card

2 Likes

you! Stop reading my mind lmao!

Another SUV could be the Lexus LX470:

Helron has partnered with the coachbuilder Mallagan to create the most luxury automobile they ever could
Dont miss out, get the hottest US Luxury sedan before it sells out

3 Likes

I already have something in the works

1 Like

It certainly has some visual presence on the road, which is an advantage for this challenge.

For the Mafioso Aficionados, the Hammardiin Overlander 4.8. Big, luxurious and obnoxious.

8 Likes